Red Dead Redemption 2

• Thread starter RX-7_FD3S
  • 1,102 comments
Wow that looks good. Cant wait.
Unfortunately I dont have a PS Pro or a 4K TV, so I guess my copy wont look anywhere near that good....But oh well, still was a great trailer, and still cant wait til release.

Granted it's only 1 video, but it looks like single player will indeed be a fully fleshed out mode.

One thing that does kind of concern me is the camp stuff. In the first RDR I spent quite a bit of time just roaming around hunting and doing random crap not related to the storyline. I'd rather not have to interrupt stuff like that because the camp can't manage to kill a deer without me. :lol:

Granted it's only 1 video, but it looks like single player will indeed be a fully fleshed out mode.

One thing that does kind of concern me is the camp stuff. In the first RDR I spent quite a bit of time just roaming around hunting and doing random crap not related to the storyline. I'd rather not have to interrupt stuff like that because the camp can't manage to kill a deer without me. :lol:

Yeah that's a good point, I loved just free roaming, if we have to go back to feed the camp all the time that'll be frustrating.
That's what got to me with (I think it was) GTA4, phone was constantly ringing for this and that, I really just wanted to mess around doing what I wanted....I guess at least there wont be phones in RDR :)

Yeah that's a good point, I loved just free roaming, if we have to go back to feed the camp all the time that'll be frustrating.
That's what got to me with (I think it was) GTA4, phone was constantly ringing for this and that, I really just wanted to mess around doing what I wanted....I guess at least there wont be phones in RDR :)
I’m with you guys. I loved the free roam thing & still do.
If ‘camp’ is going to interfere with that, it’ll be a proper pain in the rear.
Let’s just hope that once we’ve completed the storyline component of the game, we can free roam without camp nagging the crap out of us all the time.

We’re hungry :rolleyes:
We’re cold :irked:
We’re thirsty :banghead:

Yay for poker.

DkK_JQHW4AAak59.jpg

We’re hungry :rolleyes:
We’re cold :irked:
We’re thirsty :banghead:

:lol:👍

Yeah, hopefully the whole providing food for the camp thing is balanced out and they're able to survive on their own without you having to babysit them every five minutes. Because that would get old real fast.

Its maybe like a happiness bar, happier they are the better they fight and the more they help you. It did mention keeping morale high in the trailer.
Hopefully we can quickly do a couple of tasks to boost it before a mission, leaving you to do your own thing otherwise.

Looks pretty good visually. I'm really torn about buying it though, if Rockstar intend to treat it like GTA then I basically don't want to give them a penny for the game - however, if they're going to keep their focus on supporting the single player and story side of things then I'm happy to buy a collectors box set of it. I really ******** hate that Rockstar have abandoned the offline contingent of GTA fans, and it's really not often I have a reaction like that to things like this, but this is one of the rare occasions where I want to vote with my wallet.

Looks pretty good visually. I'm really torn about buying it though, if Rockstar intend to treat it like GTA then I basically don't want to give them a penny for the game - however, if they're going to keep their focus on supporting the single player and story side of things then I'm happy to buy a collectors box set of it. I really ******** hate that Rockstar have abandoned the offline contingent of GTA fans, and it's really not often I have a reaction like that to things like this, but this is one of the rare occasions where I want to vote with my wallet.

To be fair the offline content of GTA already was solid for about 70-80 hours. RDR 2 probably will have even more content (100+ hours?).

To be fair the offline content of GTA already was solid for about 70-80 hours. RDR 2 probably will have even more content (100+ hours?).

It was released nearly 5 years ago, there's been countless updates for GTA Online, and nothing for offline. I'd have happily forked out for TLATD and TBOGT style titles or LCS/VCS based in the same GTAV world, as I'm sure many would. Instead, nothing.

It was released nearly 5 years ago, there's been countless updates for GTA Online, and nothing for offline. I'd have happily forked out for TLATD and TBOGT style titles or LCS/VCS based in the same GTAV world, as I'm sure many would. Instead, nothing.
So you think the single player wasnt worth the price you paid?

So you think the single player wasnt worth the price you paid?

That isn't what I said anywhere. My problem is the massive campaign of post launch support for the more lucrative GTA Online (which encompasses a load of bull crap that shouldn't be in the game, and questionable real world business practices), and the total blanking of the rest of the customer base that doesn't want to bathe in the cesspool of GTA Online. I'm not complaining about value for money, I'm complaining about their business decisions. I'd happily pay again for a new game utilising the same map and many of the same assets, the same engine and the same physics, with a new story - just as I did with LCS (twice (PSP/PS2)), VCS, TLATD and TBOGT... and, to a similar degree, RDR Undead Nightmare.

That isn't what I said anywhere. My problem is the massive campaign of post launch support for the more lucrative GTA Online (which encompasses a load of bull crap that shouldn't be in the game, and questionable real world business practices), and the total blanking of the rest of the customer base that doesn't want to bathe in the cesspool of GTA Online. I'm not complaining about value for money, I'm complaining about their business decisions. I'd happily pay again for a new game utilising the same map and many of the same assets, the same engine and the same physics, with a new story - just as I did with LCS (twice (PSP/PS2)), VCS, TLATD and TBOGT... and, to a similar degree, RDR Undead Nightmare.

Yes but online is totally optional. And they werent asking singleplayer players to fork out money for the additional content. So I dont understand why you are mad? I never played GTA online and dont understand the frustration? GTA 5 is still enjoyable for 80 hours without ever going online.

Yes but online is totally optional. And they werent asking singleplayer players to fork out money for the additional content. So I dont understand why you are mad? I never played GTA online and dont understand the frustration? GTA 5 is still enjoyable for 80 hours without ever going online.

He’s angry because they never made the DLC an option for single player use.

I think they developed GTA Online enough to know what they are capable of. Think of GTA Online as a beta for other games to see what works and what doesn't for off line/single player.

Last edited:
He’s angry because they never made the DLC an option for single player use.

To be honest I found that GTA:embarrassed: was pretty much playable as a single-player experience anyway. Between using Passive Mode or 'MTP errors' you never have to bother with (or be bothered by) other players. I initially hated the idea of an all-online expansion but found it to be very good.

The reason they focus their attention on online post-release is because people would just torrent SP DLC content so it's hard to recuperate the development costs. Far better to develop free expansions aimed at retention of the online player base, and offer the in-game purchases as an option if people want quicker/easier access to the content.

I wouldn't recommend the collectors box if your after single player content. The game is sold separately :sly:.

Also, not very exciting but the expiry date for the pre-order bonus treasure map has been extended.

From the PS Store: In addition, pre-order by August 15th, 2018 to get an exclusive Treasure Map for Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode.

DLC is totally optional. Why be mad if you didnt pay for it? I would understand if the singleplayer content was lacking.

Because some of the online DLC sounds like fun, but it's only available in the online mode. Just because the single player content isn't lacking doesn't mean there isn't room for more things to do.

DLC is totally optional. Why be mad if you didnt pay for it? I would understand if the singleplayer content was lacking.

I didn't have a problem with it 5 years ago when it was released, what I'm less keen on is having nothing new since. And again it's not about money, I've got no problem with paying for what I want at all, but where most previous GTA titles offered expansions or episodic content for people to be able to buy and enjoy, V has only offered that via the online portion of the game.

The crux of my gripe is being ignored as a single player in favour of the **** fest that is online. And my fear is that Rockstar will fail to deliver the kind of quality they have in the past because they identified a far more profitable business model.

I'd be happy at the opportunity to give Rockstar more money for more content, but I do not want that tied to online. I expect RDR2 to go similarly down the route of post launch updates being only for online players, which is a shame as they seem to have built an incredible world to play in.

I wouldn't recommend the collectors box if your after single player content. The game is sold separately :sly:.

Worth knowing :lol: to be honest, I don't do pre-orders so I hadn't looked that closely yet!

I didn't have a problem with it 5 years ago when it was released, what I'm less keen on is having nothing new since. And again it's not about money, I've got no problem with paying for what I want at all, but where most previous GTA titles offered expansions or episodic content for people to be able to buy and enjoy, V has only offered that via the online portion of the game.

The crux of my gripe is being ignored as a single player in favour of the **** fest that is online. And my fear is that Rockstar will fail to deliver the kind of quality they have in the past because they identified a far more profitable business model.

I'd be happy at the opportunity to give Rockstar more money for more content, but I do not want that tied to online. I expect RDR2 to go similarly down the route of post launch updates being only for online players, which is a shame as they seem to have built an incredible world to play in.

Worth knowing :lol: to be honest, I don't do pre-orders so I hadn't looked that closely yet!

Lets just hope the singleplayer content upon release is great. If its not then focus your frustration on DLC. But if they deliver with perhaps 100 hour+ singleplayer content (not concidering replays) , I dont think there is much to be worried about.

I never played GTA online, but can you co-op the single player campaign? If not then it is logical they added additional content later through DLC. As I remember Online wasnt finished when they released GTA5.

Back