Reefer Madness! Saturday Classic Racing 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter reefer
  • 510 comments
A "sprint" go for it flat out 1 (or 2) lap race followed by a having to think about it endurance 6 (or 7) lap race maybe?

I'm liking it IfAndOr. Anyone not want to do a 7-lap race followed by a one lap sprint?

And if we really want to mix it up there's nothing to stop us doing one mandatory tyre compound change?

My only trouble with the longer event (apart from real life interruptions again) is that if the field gets split up it can be long and lonely race.

I think there'll always be someone to chase or try 'n keep in front of even with a one-minute gap as it'll be difficult to tell whose on what strategy.

Anyone not want to do the above suggestions? All thoughts welcome

Last edited:
Anyone not want to do a 7-lap race followed by a one lap sprint?
That's better still holding the longer race first with the shorter "fun" race finishing the event off. 👍
A 7+1 is OK with me.

You're still getting 8 laps (overall), 2 races for point scoring* and there's the possibility of swapping cars between races if you want to - or different setups!

one mandatory tyre compound change?
Maybe, I don't mind. With 7 laps I'm thinking I might have to use that strategy anyway.

*To make it fair, perhaps there should be bonus points given for participating in the endurance race?

Here's a curious thing. There's no option for tyre compound change at the Nurb.

For now, I'm favouring IfAndOr's idea of running a 7 lapper followed by a 1 lapper. Not sure about the bonus points though, might be better to keep it as it is because we're already changing from 4 to 7 laps something people who aren't reading this thread may not be expecting.

Unless there's any opposition to a 7 lapper and a 1 lapper? then I think we'll go with that.

Re Venari's idea: I always find user-created tracks very laggy. Anyone else experience this?

MIght have to change one of my cars that being the case. 7 laps huh? 7m53 huh? Hmmmm...

Here's another curious thing. In my endeavours to get faster, I've come off a fair few times, mostly heavy impacts, so thought I'd better do my Rigidity. Afterwards, on checking my settings I noticed my pp dropped to 444. Had to add extra parts (that I didn't want!) to bring it back up to 450pp and lost a few horses in the process. How come?

Strange. Was your pp definitely at 450 before you did the rigidity? Pp does drop as you put miles on the car, even more quickly if you have already done an oil change

As I am planning to join the Nordschliefe race, I am currently hosting a practice lobby, friends only, in the open lobby section. Cheers

Last edited:
Strange. Was your pp definitely at 450 before you did the rigidity? Pp does drop as you put miles on the car, even more quickly if you have already done an oil change

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I noticed once before too. Did the Rigidity, raced, wasn't quick, put the car and ps3 to bed, brought the car out a few days later and noticed it was 6pp down. I wrote it off as an old grey matter thing but this has got me thinking again..

As I am planning to join the Nordschliefe race, I am currently hosting a practice lobby, friends only, in the open lobby section. Cheers

Goodman gkgamer! I'll come in after I nip upstairs for a smoke, say in 20 minutes. Good to hear you'll join us this weekend.

it looks like I will not be able to attend the race in Nurb, but if I still manage, I'd like to race a 7 + 1 laps solution :)

Yeah, you don't need to do that mate if you don't want to:P

Sorry. I tweaked a few settings and went faster on a startline lap... actually surprised the hell out of me.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I noticed once before too. Did the Rigidity, raced, wasn't quick, put the car and ps3 to bed, brought the car out a few days later and noticed it was 6pp down. I wrote it off as an old grey matter thing but this has got me thinking again.

Odd, but does sound like oil to me. Get an oil change in it.

Adding parts and losing horsepower means your low/mid-range torque has gone up. Bet you went from an NA Stage 1 to a Stage 2 (or 1/2 to 3) and limited it down.

Adding parts and losing horsepower means your low/mid-range torque has gone up. Bet you went from an NA Stage 1 to a Stage 2 (or 1/2 to 3) and limited it down.

All parts remained the same, as did the power limiter (100%). The only change was to the pp, down to 444. I'm not running turbo so just added intake and dropped the limiter down a touch. My time went from 7:53 down to 7:43 probably due in the main to getting used to the track. I'm still coming off a lot though.

Just ran a few laps with gkgamer. He's not fast at all. Nope, not at all! Nothing to worry about there Venari! Absolutely nothing! Really! Very slow.. too slow in fact! As there has been no resistance to running a 7 lapper and a 1 lapper that's what we'll do. I'm hoping gkgamer can keep up!

it looks like I will not be able to attend the race in Nurb, but if I still manage, I'd like to race a 7 + 1 laps solution :)

Boris, if ye can, ye can, if ye cannae, ye cannae, if ye ken whit I mean?
Boris, if you can make it old chap, great, if you can't, don't worry, if you know what I mean?

Naturally, I hope ye can though!

Boris, if ye can, ye can, if ye cannae, ye cannae, if ye ken whit I mean?
Boris, if you can make it old chap, great, if you can't, don't worry, if you know what I mean?

Naturally, I hope ye can though!

some good staff,reefer man,ha? ..i would like to try it!!! :eek:
yes,i i would be home,i would be with you in german woods..but in the same time ,friends of mine have a concert in the city and i got an invitation,so...

...i would be with you in german woods..but in the same time ,friends of mine have a concert in the city and i got an invitation,so...

A concert in the city? That's sounds good. Don't give up a night out in the city for an evening in the German woods with men you've never met before!

Bah, I'm going to need a faster car. :D
Yep, gamer's fast!

I'm shooting for 2 stops, but it could easily become more depending on how much I trash the tyres spinning off track. See how it goes ken?

Joe, ah thoat ye wur a weegie. Whaure'd ye yist tae bide about?

I'm shooting for 2 stops, but it could easily become more depending on how much I trash the tyres spinning off track. See how it goes ken?

And chasing down faster drivers in the heat of a race makes spinning off all the more likely..

Joe, ah thoat ye wur a weegie. Whaure'd ye yist tae bide about?

Help ma Boab!? Ma toon? Aye, braw question! I'm fae the west end 'o thon weegieland. Ken, i spek a mixed bag tho.. i can even talk ****

Last edited:
Blimey I check back in and everyone's talking in gaelic ;)
I've actually just bought a Scotch egg if that counts?

7 laps = I'd like to try for 2 pitstops but may end up with 3. Depends on my tyre choice.
I'm trying to get the the pit crew to just change the rears, but they won't listen!

How are you planning on running the qualifying Joe?

Last edited:
Could qualify on the GP circuit... no, wait, that wouldn't work.

If you limit the qualifying to, say, two minutes, it will pick the order on the track, right?

Back