Glasgow
joe__kerr
Reefer Madness Final Poster.jpg

Poster courtesy of Sick Cylinder

Last edited:
NEW CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Winter Classic Car Championship 2015

A CHAMPIONSHIP FOR ANYONE WHO LIKES CLASSICS
Hello fellow racers, the GT6 Classic Car Club is now accepting entrants for its up-and-coming Winter Classic Car Championship 2015 starting October 31 (date revised from the 17th) at 10pm GMT. If you'd like to take part in the fun, please send a message to Joe__Kerr via PS3 or via the GT6 Classic Car Club in the Community (or see the 4 ways to get in contact below). All ability levels are welcome, from beginner to advanced. We’re running cars not normally found in online lobbies which have a bit of history and are considered classic.

THE CHAMPIONSHIP!
We will be running cars originally produced in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Scroll down to the very bottom of this page: http://gt6-classic-cars.weebly.com/race-calandar

You can use any car at anytime throughout the Championship. All cars have been tested to run within approximately one second to one and a half seconds per lap of each other (tested at Apricot Hill, Spa and Cote d’ Azur). Some are stronger on one track and run a little weaker on another. As they all drive completely differently, and your style/set up may be different to mine, your results may vary. You are free to choose whichever one you like best.

We’re racing at 450pp on SS or less and for each race tuning is allowed - tune how you want, as long as you stay under 450pp. No bhp or weight limits apply. See here for more details: http://gt6-classic-cars.weebly.com/race-calandar

RACE FORMAT: 2 x 20 MINUTE ENDURANCE RACES
The 2015 Winter Championship will consist of 8 meets. One meet will consist of 2 x 20 minute races. At each meet there will be one practice, one qualifying and two races. The room will open at 9:30pm for practice. Qualifying will start at 10:00pm and will last 8 minutes. Race 1 will start at approx 10:10pm until 10:30pm. Race 2 will start at approx 10:40pm until 11:00pm.

Points will be awarded for both races. Tyres are sports soft or less and the timing of your pit(s) for fuel and tyres is up to you. There is no mandatory pit stop as this encourages closer racing. The 2015 Winter Championship runs every Saturday at 10pm GMT (UK) starting October 31.

Update (added Nov 1)
We'll be running an eight-week race championship and the best seven results from the championship races will count towards the driver's total points score. This means anyone who misses a week won't be penalised.

RULES & REGULATIONS
The GTPlanet Online Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines apply. However, there is room for discretion, so just be cool and let’s enjoy our races in a fair and gentlemanly way! Naturally, if there are any incidents, it will be looked at by the Race Stewards. Other than that, show up early for qualifying, race fast and fair, and enjoy yourself. After all, we’re here to have fun. And, who knows, you may even win the inaugural Classic Car Championship!

For details of the Race Calendar, Cars to Choose From, Race Room/Event Settings etc please visit: http://gt6-classic-cars.weebly.com/race-calandar

The Championship has a simple format and we welcome beginners and advanced alike.

Saturdays at 10pm GMT with Reefer, come along and enjoy the madness!

Last edited:
WINTER RACE CALENDAR 2015

#..Date.........Race.......................................Endurance........Qualifying...Race 1

1...Oct 31.......Silverstone Circuit.....................2 x 20 min.......10:00pm....10:10pm

2...Nov 7.........Côte d'Azur...............................2 x 20 min.......10:00pm....10:10pm

3...Nov 14.......Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.......2 x 20 min.......10:00pm....10:10pm

4...Nov 21.......Nürburgring Nordschleife.............7 laps..............10:00pm.....10:10pm

5...Nov 28.......Circuit De Spa-Francorchamps.....2 x 20 min.......10:00pm....10:10pm

6...Dec 5....... Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s...2 x 20 min.......10:00pm....10:10pm

7...Dec 12.......Suzuka Circuit...........................2 x 20 min........10:00pm....10:10pm

8...Dec 19.......Apricot Hill Raceway...................2 x 20 min........10:00pm....10:10pm

(Calendar dates revised above. We're restarting 31 Oct)

Important Update (added Nov 1)
The best 14 results from 16 races (8 week championship/2 races per meet minus the two lowest scoring races) will count towards the driver's total points score.

18 CARS TO CHOOSE FROM
Lancia Stratos '73
Nissan Skyline HT 2000 RS-X Turbo (R30) ’84
Jaguar E-Type Coupe '61
Bluebird Hardtop 1800SSS (910) '79
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68
Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR '70
Isuzu 117 Coupe ’68
Toyota Celica 1600GT (Ta22) ‘70
Volkswagen Golf GTI ‘76
Lotus Europa S.2 ‘68
Merc-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54
RUF BTR '86
Lotus Esprit Turbo HC ‘87
Skyline HT 2000 GT(KPGC10) '70
Audi Quattro ‘82
BMW 2002 '73
Nissan Fairlady 2000 (sr311) '68
Renault R8 Gordini ‘66

You can run any car on the above list at any time!

1st : 25 points
2nd : 18 points
3rd : 15 points
4th : 12 points
5th : 10 points
6th : 8 points
7th : 6 points
8th : 4 points
9th : 2 points
10th : 1 point

HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Anyone can take part our GT6 Classic Car Race; there is no need to join the Club. All ability levels are welcome, from beginner to advanced. The Room will be marked as PRIVATE. Please come early.

If you want to join the Club: Community Club (ID: 1042717)

4 WAYS TO GET IN CONTACT
1. On this page: http://gt6-classic-cars.weebly.com/contact.html
2. By email: jiwanidance@gmail.com
3. On the GT6 Community Club page: GT6 Classic Car Club (Club ID: 1042717), username joe__kerr
4. On GTPlanet: username "reefer"

ROOM
Room will open at 9:30pm on the day of the event (GMT)
Testing and fine tuning will end at approx 10pm
Qualifying will then commence at 10pm and will last 8 minutes. Race 1 will begin at approx 10:10pm (GMT) until 10:30pm. Race 2 will run from approx 10:40pm until 11:00pm.

RACE ROOM/EVENT SETTINGS
450pp
Sports Soft or less
NO bhp or weight restrictions
ABS is available
Driving line is available if required (this encourages the less experienced to participate)
All other Driving Aids are prohibited
Require Tyre Type Change is off (this means you can stick with one grade of tyre)
No mandatory pitstop
You can take your pitstop on any lap apart from the last lap (if you take your pitstop on the last lap the host will give you a 30 second penalty)
Tyre Wear/Fuel usage is very fast (revised)
Start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
Grid Order is fastest first
Penalty is off
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge is real
Visible Damage is off
Mechanical Damage is off
Slipstream Strength is real
Nitrous is prohibited
Boost is off
Wings are not allowed

Any driver who completes over 90 percent of the race will be classified as a finisher and will receive points, regardless of whether they were running as the winner took the chequered flag

Voice Chat will be enabled

VOICE CHAT
Voice chat will be enabled during the races, however, please refrain from talking during races or qualifying as some drivers may find it distracting. Also, during races, please try to keep any background noise to a minimum. If drivers have to speak to each other they should use the PSN name even if they know the drivers real name.

DISPUTES
If there are any issues or disputes during a race, please take it up with me in a Private Message later and not during the race itself. It is suggested that all drivers save the replay. If any incidents should happen that you are not happy with please use the "PM" system. The Race Stewards will look at every incident.

BAD INTERNET CONNECTION/PS3 ISSUES
To reduce the risk of poor Internet connections all drivers are advised to empty their system cache before entering the room. If a driver has a poor connection with excessive lag etc the host may ask the driver to leave and re-enter the room. Before re-entering the driver should empty their system cache. If the host is disconnected by an internet or PS3 problem, the Deputy Host will host the meeting.

Any questions get in touch:

Here on GTPlanet through PM or http://gt6-classic-cars.weebly.com/contact.html

A big shout out to Sick Cylinder for his time, help and advice and the cool poster you see above. Sick goes the extra mile and is adding lots of value to this community:tup:

Last edited:
updated 26 Dec 2015

Final Driver Standings
(after 8 meets/16 races*)

1st buybon355 ______256
2nd GTP_Venari _____255
3rd joe__kerr _______245
4th bloodyboyblue____238
5th iamtooma _______108
6th Sutsagrd_________81
7th IfAndOr__________72
8th dave76543210 ____51
9th Michael-O-Pear____44
10th GTP_VEXD_______41
11th glenn_cullen_____32
12th bcd73 __________26
13th JockeP22 _______12
14th Eran0004 _______0

*The best 14 results from 16 races (8 week championship/2 races per meet minus the two lowest scoring races) will count towards the driver's total points score.

Congratulations
to
:cheers::cheers::cheers:Buybon:cheers::cheers::cheers:
GT6 Winter Classic Car Champion

Last edited:
GT6 Classic Car Club Winter Championship 2015 Race Results

MEET 1: Silverstone

Race 1Results

1st buybon________25
2nd bloodyboyblue__18
3rd joe__kerr______15
4th iamtooma______12
5th dave76543210__10

bcd73 DNF

Race 2 Results

1st buybon355_____25
2nd bloodyboyblue__18
3rd joe__kerr______15
4th dave76543210__12
5th iamtooma______10

bcd73 DNF

MEET 2: Cote d'azur

Race 1 Results

1st
GTP_Venari_____25
2nd bloodyboyblue__18
3rd joe__kerr______15
4th buybon355_____12
5th JockeP22_______10
6th bcd73__________8
7th Dave76543210___6
8th iamtooma_______4

Eran003______DNF

Race 2 Results

1st
bloodyboyblue___25
2nd buybon355_____18
3rd GTP_Venari_____15
4th joe__kerr_______12
5th bcd73__________10
6th Dave76543210___8
7th iamtooma_______6
8th JockeP22_______(didn't complete 90% of the race)

Eran004______DNS

MEET 3: Laguna Seca

Race 1 Results

1st
joe__kerr_______25
2nd GTP_Venari_____18
3rd buybon355______15
4th bloodyboyblue___12
5th iamtooma_______10
6th IfAndOr_________8
7th Michael-O-Pear___6
8th Dave76543210___4
9th bcd73__________2
10th JockeP22_______1

Eran004 ______DNS
Sutsagrd______DNS

Race 2 Results

1st
bloodyboyblue____25
2nd GTP_Venari______18
3rd buybon355_______15
4th Dave76543210____12
5th Michael-O-Pear____10
6th joe__kerr_________8
7th bcd73____________6
8th iamtooma_________4
9th Sutsagrd__________2
10th JockeP22_________1
11th IfAndOr__________0

Eran004 ______DNS

MEET 4: Nurburgring Nordschleife

Race 1 Results

1st GTP_Venari_____25
2nd joe__kerr______18
3rd buybon355_____15
4th bloodyboyblue___12
5th glenn_cullen____10
6th IfAndOr_________8
7th Michael-O-Pear___6
8th Sutsgrd_________4
9th iamtooma_______2

Dave76543210_____DNF
bcd73____________DNF
GTP_VEXD________DNF

JockeP22_________DNS
Eran003 _________DNS

Race 2 Results

1st buybon355_______25
2nd GTP_Venari______18
3rd joe__kerr________15
4th IfAndOr_________12
5th bloodyboyblue____10
6th glenn_cullen______8
7th Michael-O-Pear____6
8th iamtooma________4
9th Sutsagrd_________2
10th Dave76543210___1

JockeP22_________DNS
bcd73____________DNS
Eran003 _________DNS

MEET 5: Spa Francorchamps

Race 1 Results

1st
joe__kerr_______25
2nd buybon355_____18
3rd GTP_Venari_____15
4th Sutsgrd________12
5th bloodyboyblue___10
6th iamtooma_______8
7th glenn_cullen_____6
8th Michael-O-Pear___4
9th GTP_VEXD______2

IfAndOr__________DNS
Dave76543210____DNS
bcd73___________DNS
JockeP22_________DNS
Eran003 _________DNS

Race 2 Results

1st
GTP_Venari_______25
2nd joe__kerr________18
3rd buybon355_______15
4th Michael-O-Pear____12
5th bloodyboyblue____10
6th glenn_cullen______8
7th Sutsgrd__________6
8th GTP_VEXD_______4
9th iamtooma________2

IfAndOr__________DNS
Dave76543210____DNS
bcd73___________DNS
JockeP22_________DNS
Eran003 _________DNS

MEET 6: Autodromo Nazionale Monza 80s

Race 1 Results
(Rain)

1st joe__kerr_______25
2nd GTP_Venari_____18
3rd buybon355______15
4th Sutsagrd________12
5th iamtooma_______10

IfAndOr__________DNF

bloodyboyblue_____DNS
glenn_cullen______DNS
Michael-O-Pear____DNS
GTP_VEXD_______DNS
Dave76543210____DNS
bcd73___________DNS
JockeP22_________DNS
Eran003 _________DNS

Race 2 Results

1st
GTP_Venari_____25
2nd joe__kerr______18
3rd buybon355_____15
4th IfAndOr________12
5th iamtooma______10
6th Sutsagrd________8

bloodyboyblue_____DNS
glenn_cullen______DNS
Michael-O-Pear____DNS
GTP_VEXD_______DNS
Dave76543210____DNS
bcd73___________DNS
JockeP22_________DNS
Eran003 _________DNS

MEET 8: Apricot Hill

Race 1 Results

1st GTP_VEXD_______25
2nd buybon355______18
3rd bloodyboyblue____15
4th GTP_Venari______12
5th joe__kerr________10
6th IfAndOr__________8
7thSutsagrd_________6
8th iamtooma________4

glenn_cullen______DNS
Michael-O-Pear____DNS
Dave76543210____DNS
bcd73___________DNS
JockeP22_________DNS
Eran003 _________DNS

Race 2 Results

1st
buybon355_____25
2nd joe__kerr______18
3rd bloodyboyblue___15
4th iamtooma______12
5thGTP_VEXD______10
6th GTP_Venari_____8
7th IfAndOr________6
8th Sutsagrd_______4

glenn_cullen______DNS
Michael-O-Pear____DNS
Dave76543210____DNS
bcd73___________DNS
JockeP22_________DNS
Eran003 _________DNS

*The best 14 results from 16 races (8 week championship/2 races per meet minus the two lowest scoring races) will count towards the driver's total points score.

Last edited:
I'd like to ride a Stratos, a R30 or a Hakosuka but I think the BOP has to be checked because in my book, there are huge performance differences within the 18-car list.
Very appealing series though! Looking forward to see the interest you can raise.
Cheers

POST EDITED TO REFLECT REVISED RULES

hi, gkgamer, thanks for your interest in the Classic Car Championship. It's a simple Championship with simple rules. There are some performance differences between the cars, however, I wouldn't say they were huge. But, yes, I take your point. It's up to the racer to choose which car he/she feels most comfortable in hence the options list of 18 cars.

The revised rules now allow drivers to run any car they want at any time.

Last edited:
POST EDITED TO REFLECT REVISED RULES

Thanks for your interest buybon355. Also, there is no problem with running two or more of the same make of car in the same race by different racers. It's up to you what car you run.

You can now run any car on the list at any time. Any questions, get in touch!

Last edited:
I'd like to join as well. It's a little late for me, but hopefully I'll stay awake :D

I'll have the Renault R8 please.

Goodman Eran! You're a legend in these parts so it would be an honour to have you onboard.

POST EDITED

I'd just like to remind everyone. This is a simple Championship with simple eligibility conditions and a simple host :)

who: me, joe_kerr (known on here as reefer) and a few other 'clean' maddies

what: Classic Car Championship at 450pp - run any car on the list at any time

why: because actually owning a classic car isn’t logical! You don’t really need it. It's designed for an era and motoring conditions that no longer exist. Most of these classics also have all the durability you would expect from something hammered together in the Britain of 50 years ago. If it hasn’t been rebuilt twice already, it'll need plenty of TLC to ensure it's a going concern. So racing the Old Girls here on GT6 is the easy, safe option. I can 'meet' people at least as bonkers as me and eventually pretend that I'm driving something that feels truly, wonderfully alive without any of the hassles.

where: in the GT6 Classic Car Club lobby. No need to join the club if you don't want to. The Room will be public but marked as PRIVATE during races.
  • Club ID: 1042717

when: every Saturday night, 10pm GMT, for 8 weeks starting 31 October 2015

Looking forward to seeing some faces on the 31st at 10pm GMT!

Last edited:
Tried to send you a friend request so I can find the room tonight but it didn't work. Can you send me one please?

I'd like to try this. :)

Have joined the club and submitted my car choice - the BMW 2002.

Thanks Venari! Good to have you onboard.

The 2015 Winter Classic Car Championship kicked off at Silverstone, the home of British motor racing, with 6 hopefuls lining up on the starting grid. There were no real dramas in the run-up to the start; invites had been sent out and testing had been done. The time was upon us to dust off the Old Girls and see if they could still perform! As this is a new Championship, I was happy to see Eran and slowmin joining 3 group musketeers plus myself (joe__kerr). Buybon entered the room as Race 2 was well underway so unfortunately we couldn't restart.

For personal reasons, and hopefully on this occasion only, I have decided not to write a Race Report as certain things surfaced after the race which reporting here would serve no purpose or end. Let’s put it this way; it lived up to it’s billed name of "Reefer Madness" ..and that wasn’t because of the driving standards which on the whole were very good! On viewing the replay everyone endeavoured to stay clean, however, paint was exchanged a couple of times and the Jag and Gordini were harried by a bit of RUF on a few occasions. Thanks to the drivers who turned up, finished and hung around for the chat at the end!

HOWEVER.. - IMPORTANT

We'll be restarting the Championship on Oct 31st. We're looking for drivers who would like to join us. All ability levels welcome as long as you're clean!

Two new rule changes will be implemented for the restart.

RULE CHANGES

1. Drivers can use any car on the list at anytime. There are now no restrictions on this.

2. Drivers can enter the Championship at any time, e.g. mid-season etc.

All welcome! Just shoot me an email first or get in contact.

Last edited:
I'd like to ride a Stratos, a R30 or a Hakosuka but I think the BOP has to be checked because in my book, there are huge performance differences within the 18-car list.
Very appealing series though! Looking forward to see the interest you can raise.
Cheers

CLARIFICATION OF NEW RULE CHANGES (AMENDED ON POST #2 ABOVE)

1. Drivers can use any car on the list at anytime. There are now no restrictions on this.

Last edited:

Thanks for this - I was away this weekend so I missed the first race and noticed the rule after applying. Usually the best way to get entries through the season is to say something like "ten race championship, best eight results from championship races count towards your total point score." This allows people to drop a race weekend for convenience if they have to do something else - or strive to race more races if they had a really sucky weekend.

Nice to be onboard, ran my 2002 last night for a bit and it's good fun at 'Cote d'Azur', but I shall tune it up for Silverstone!

X4mNmApuICFxacWke_0.jpg

As a point of interest, I own four real classics:
1962 Corvette
1968 Mercury Cougar (302)
1974 Lancia Fulvia 1,3S2
1988 Porsche 944S

Last edited:
Four real classics of your own! Are you mad? If so, you've come to the right place then, welcome ;) How do you find the time for anything else with four Old Girls? The Fulvia is a real looker, and the others great choices too. I'm envious!

Re the event: the 2002 was my first choice right up until about a week ago. I love how it looks, feels and goes. Also, I was going to implement your suggestion above, however, with Xmas coming up I decided to revisit that idea next time round.

Gotta dash out now...... great to have you onboard mate!

Last edited:
Yeah, joined the room before 11pm UK time, which is 10pm GMT. So is it UK time we're running?

buybon, you're right, it's still BST! The UK reverts to GMT at 2am on Sunday, October 25. Apologies for the confusion mate! I hear you're a good racer so am looking forward to catching up with you 👍

The 2015 Winter Classic Car Championship is (re)starting this weekend, Saturday night, at 10pm UK time! We're still looking for participants who have an hour to spare and would like to join us for the 2x20 minute races. We kick off at Silverstone with any car you like from the list above. It's a very simple Championship with all ability levels welcome.

I can't invite my Japanese friends as unfortunately it'll be 7am in the morning here. But, if you're on GT6 at 10pm (UK time) on Saturday night, why not come along and enjoy the madness!

Looking forward to catching up with iamtooma, Eran, buybon, Venari and hopefully some others.

Steady as she goes - joe__kerr

Last edited:
Good to hear bloodyboyblue. It should be a good race.

UPDATE

Change to tyre wear for the event: now Very Fast for more thrills and spills.

Distaster. Plans changed so I'm away from my home this weekend. Should be on board next round.

I am in tonite!
Reefer, looks like you are doing very good job here ;)
Please tell me, which of Silverstone track are we running tonite?
(Gp or some other?)

Hi bdc73, thanks for your message. We'll be racing on the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit, the spiritual home of British motor racing. Looking forward to catching up. Laters

Back