rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
I absolutely love this game! After looking at all the gameplay's on it i'm surprised it took me as long as it did to get it. Heck even the base game is pretty fun and i'm sure it'll be even better when I install some mods ^_^ but before I do that can I ask if anyone plays with a PS3 controller and if so how do you get the analog sticks up and running to control the steering? Ive been racking my brain over it forever now and cant seem to find an answer anywhere

I absolutely love this game! After looking at all the gameplay's on it i'm surprised it took me as long as it did to get it. Heck even the base game is pretty fun and i'm sure it'll be even better when I install some mods ^_^ but before I do that can I ask if anyone plays with a PS3 controller and if so how do you get the analog sticks up and running to control the steering? Ive been racking my brain over it forever now and cant seem to find an answer anywhere

I used to and the program I used a program called "Motionjoy".

I used to and the program I used a program called "Motionjoy".
I already had the program installed. Just figured it out a couple of hours ago lol now just have to work on getting the wired d-pad effect sorted so I don't suddenly lose steering mid corner :P

I already had the program installed. Just figured it out a couple of hours ago lol now just have to work on getting the wired d-pad effect sorted so I don't suddenly lose steering mid corner :P

As crazy as this'll sound, there should be a setting for PS3 and Xbox 360. Choose the xbox one, I know its abit backwards but I found that works.

As crazy as this'll sound, there should be a setting for PS3 and Xbox 360. Choose the xbox one, I know its abit backwards but I found that works.
I think I managed to fix it by mapping the left and right controls to the top and bottom of the analog stick. Whenever I move my analog stick right I noticed that my thumb moves down slightly which is why I would lose steering mid drift lol ^^' So now I just have to get to learning how to drift with SP mod which has been kicking my butt :P thanks for the help though ill have to try that setting out sometime!

So I took the Lotus LMP1 from the add-on in the car viewer aaaannnnd this happened:

vehvwr-2015-02-10-20-38-58-85-png.308210

Attachments

• VehVwr 2015-02-10 20-38-58-85.png
    VehVwr 2015-02-10 20-38-58-85.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 468
Now I've seen EVERYTHING after watching that Spa-Francorchamps video with horses. Might as well ask if Secretariat is in the mod. Or maybe help Mine That Bird, Smarty Jones, or California Chrome become Triple Crown winners. Only one horse I trust in racing- Ferrari. But like I said... now I've seen everything.

You know something I've just realized? rFactor is going on give-or-take ten years old, and it is still going strong for the most part. I still think rFactor wouldn't have been possible had it not been for Image Space's previous masterpiece (and one of my all-time favorite games)- Sports Car GT. It was especially the modding community that made SCGT better. rFactor just capitalized on and expanded upon the patching and modding. That's why I still think rFactor is one of the most solid racing games of all time. So if you haven't played this game already, go get rFactor.

Now I've seen EVERYTHING after watching that Spa-Francorchamps video with horses. Might as well ask if Secretariat is in the mod. Or maybe help Mine That Bird, Smarty Jones, or California Chrome become Triple Crown winners. Only one horse I trust in racing- Ferrari. But like I said... now I've seen everything.

You know something I've just realized? rFactor is going on give-or-take ten years old, and it is still going strong for the most part. I still think rFactor wouldn't have been possible had it not been for Image Space's previous masterpiece (and one of my all-time favorite games)- Sports Car GT. It was especially the modding community that made SCGT better. rFactor just capitalized on and expanded upon the patching and modding. That's why I still think rFactor is one of the most solid racing games of all time. So if you haven't played this game already, go get rFactor.

Other than the dated graphics, if it were 64bit I think it would go for another 10 years at the top. What we have come to expect in sim racing games we owe to rFactor.

I've been giving the F1 1992 mod a go, killing time while saving for a PC build, loads of fun once you get your settings sorted. Been sticking with the Andrea Moda (first car in the games list), but I'll eventually hop around for variety.

ISI also did the EA F1 games. That's where I got my start on modding, which is why I'm familiar with the file structure of anything running on ISImotor. It's been a long time since I've done any serious modding though.

I've changed my Steering Ratio on my G27 to 900* to 540*.. feels so natural now. Before i gave up on RFactor because it felt so funked. But this is just :drool:... RFactor + RealFeel + LeoFFB + DRM Mod = Heaven.

540º is ideal for me, can not drive with 900º.

What wheel do you have? If you use the T500RS, download their settings for rFactor, they are spot on in my opinion and don't require RealFeel/LeoFFB.

540º is ideal for me, can not drive with 900º.

What wheel do you have? If you use the T500RS, download their settings for rFactor, they are spot on in my opinion and don't require RealFeel/LeoFFB.

G27. i was to lazy to change it to 540* which made me lose interest in Rfactor since it felt dumb.. But now :embarrassed:

Should be around here

900* or more 2.5 or more full turns lock to lock: Usually anything from average road cars to sports cars.

720* + or - (2.0 more or less turns lock to lock) Drift cars. Multiple classes of Rally cars (group N)

540* + or - (1.5 more or less turns lock to lock) GT1 and 3 spec race cars, and WRC Rally cars.

360* + or - (1.0 more or less turns lock to lock) Formula 1 cars.

Edit:

Last edited:
I need to go through my files in this as I haven't played it for months, decide what I want to keep/delete and then look up what I've missed since I last played.

What I accomplished yesterday... removed one track so far. Was sub-par and not very well done. Removed a few tiny Group C mods since I was planning on downloading GTPC, which I am now, and the Honda NSX mod. Didn't like the NSX mod that much at all. Also removed the grinding transmission mod that somehow got added.. must have been in a mod somewhere.

Thinking about removing Historix GT & TC since I have GT Legends and it would free up a few GBs of space. I just don't see the need for both of them and GT Legends has better AI.

I just found the full Initial D mod. :drool:
It turned out to be almost 2 years old already... I used to have the AE86 only until now.
1NXTlHllGSE.jpg

Arrgh, I find myself disgusted by the current models some did for the Ligier JSP2. It doesn't even look close to the damn thing.

Back