rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
Anyone have experience with rfactorcentral ?. I've been skimming the internet in my own pursuits for content, and a lot of those searches end me up there, and before I register and such (even though its free and no-risk really), I thought I'd get some opinions.

Anyone have experience with rfactorcentral ?. I've been skimming the internet in my own pursuits for content, and a lot of those searches end me up there, and before I register and such (even though its free and no-risk really), I thought I'd get some opinions.

I use these over RFactorCentral. Since you have a limit on your downloads to like 3.

http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=2

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/rfactor-2-mods.69/

I

Never use it... it's junk plus they charge for mod's made by the community ...also it was bought out by simraceway that then plundered the resources and used them in there game. avoid like the plauge

I

Never use it... it's junk plus they charge for mod's made by the community ...also it was bought out by simraceway that then plundered the resources and used them in there game. avoid like the plauge

Exactly, Plus you can find all the mods on RFactorCentral on other sites like DrivingItalia, RaceDepartment etc.

I missed the whole simraceway/sector3 debacle, so I had no clue as to who did what, but I had a feeling the 'pay-premium' thing there was questionable. Would've fooled me with the rather presentable 'finish' the site has.

I'm basically looking for another sim-racing forum, and RaceDepartment isn't looking too bad.

It is one of the best platforms for racing games on PC. SimRaceway and Game Stock Car both spawned off of rFactor's ISImotor2 engine. Not usual that a PC game is still viable after a decade.

It is one of the best platforms for racing games on PC. SimRaceway and Game Stock Car both spawned off of rFactor's ISImotor2 engine. Not usual that a PC game is still viable after a decade.

Being released on steam too helps as it seems the place to go now for pc game's.

were are pc games sold these days anyway probably eBay or steam

Would be nice to get a key code to redeem it on Steam. I'm not paying 21.99, or even the regular price of 24.99 though. I bought the game back in 2007 for $20.

Ok, hold on. So, how does that work?

You provide them the rFactor key code from when you bought it, they will send you a redeem code I suppose. I can not find mine, on the same page you can provide your information from which I assume they will try and trace my key code. I'm not sure rFactor displays it anywhere, but I'll check.

Looks like that only works for people that bought the game through their own website
Indeed

I was hoping it would be like GTL and GTR2 on Steam, where you provided the online code from
your hard copy handbook to activate the Steam version

Oh well, not the end of the world :)

I took the plunge and bought it off Steam, now I'm downloading a ton of mods.

And now it's stuck on this screen:
uIaJtU4.png

Is it because I've already downloaded some mods and unzipped them into the rFactor directory?

Latest Posts

Back