RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
Is there a way to link the front and rear brakes in 3 ? Just started playing and the bikes just understeers.
I think so, i use separate brakes, yeah the bikes understeer on throttle, except for when the rear slides out on torquey engined ones.

Also on front braking, often the front will slide, or just getting into a curve to fast, it won't want to turn.

I think so, i use separate brakes, yeah the bikes understeer on throttle, except for when the rear slides out on torquey engined ones.

Also on front braking, often the front will slide, or just getting into a curve to fast, it won't want to turn.
It's frustrating. I had to slow down more just to make a turn, barely.

No frustration is Ride 4's absurdly demanding license tests that gatekeep the entire career mode.

So bad they put me off any future titles in the series.

I've avoided this by simply playing Time Trial and with the Deluxe Edition 2x credit bonus, you make 8.5k credits per lap completed, whether it was a clean or illegitimate lap. Wish GT7 would reward hot lapping.

It's frustrating. I had to slow down more just to make a turn, barely.
The racing bikes , like the bmw s1000 rr hp4 race are much nicer and fun to ride. Just did use it now and it doesn't have this understeer, and powerslides, fun bike. Edit: well not as much at least.

Plus many bikes you can apply full racing modification on, and transforms them, even livery.

Also, you could try motogp19, bikes are thrill to ride as hard as you can manage, even historic 2stroke bikes.
But same as in ride4, you have gates like needing to unlock historic bikes thru challenges, they're not so easy, depends on each one.
As usual bad balancing of difficulty.

I dont have ride4, so i can't tell if it's the same thing as in r3, i read it's closer a little in feel to to motogp19.
I hope their next sbk game will be as fun as that one.

Edit: plus you can try modify setups like suspension on racing modified bikes, not so sure if helps that much, can't remember.

I heard in ride4 the setups do affect handling pretty well.
Edit2: you could also use the rear brake separately to induce a rear slide.

Edit3 lol: what's most frustrating to me in ride3 is the on rails a.i. bumping into you, and the silly oil change that suddenly lowers you power each 200km.

Last edited:
No frustration is Ride 4's absurdly demanding license tests that gatekeep the entire career mode.

So bad they put me off any future titles in the series.
Yeah I choose Ride 3 because I heard about those license tests in Ride 4. 4 looks so pretty graphic wise but everything else is a turn off.

Edit3 lol: what's most frustrating to me in ride3 is the on rails a.i. bumping into you, and the silly oil change that suddenly lowers you power each 200km.
What the hell ???

Yeah the AI is also bad, seriously frustrating for me lol I probably just gonna take a solo ride rather than racing then, I bought the Gold Edition so I got a few nice bikes already.

VXR
I've avoided this by simply playing Time Trial and with the Deluxe Edition 2x credit bonus, you make 8.5k credits per lap completed, whether it was a clean or illegitimate lap. Wish GT7 would reward hot lapping.
Oh man, the Deluxe Edition is currently on sale, I'm put off by the license tests though. Is it fun just to hot lap in Ride 4 ?

Last edited:
What the hell ???

Yeah the AI is also bad, seriously frustrating for me lol I probably just gonna take a solo ride rather than racing then, I bought the Gold Edition so I got a few nice bikes already.

Oh man, the Deluxe Edition is currently on sale, I'm put off by the license tests though. Is it fun just to hot lap in Ride 4 ?
The thing is this......if you can enjoy just hot laps Ride 4 is awesome and it's fun when you find good people to race online. The Career sucks, but unlike GT7 it doesn't lock bikes, tracks & gear....it's primarily aimed at trophy hunters which I'm not. The career pays out more so you earn $$$ faster to buy the stuff you want. The pricing structure is beyond stupid, but oh well. the deluxe edition is seemingly always on sale these days for under $30.

Better than the 2x credit route is watching the weekly challenge as the payouts are insane. They are basically just qualifiers that payout up to a million credits if you hit the gold time (which generally isn't hard). It's mainly just a matter of finding the bike/track combo that you like. The game doesn't transfer saves from PS4 to PS5 (whole different conversation) and I wasn't going to play through the whole game again to get back my garage when I got a PS5 and was content to just get my 5 prized Yamahas back. The weekly challenge is what saved me. I forget the bike/track combo but it was one I liked so I just a 20 lap qualifier a day for a week (saving after each lap) and quickly earned over a few hrs (less than 8hrs over a week) enough to buy every bike in the game. vs grinding out the career mode which didn't interest me

Ride 4 is a far better game. The braking is a Milestone trait (not a good one) they are under powered in the Ride series and over powered in the MotoGP (since MotoGP went to the unreal engine) linked braking isn't really the way and it really isn't going to help against the AI. the AI is cheap in all the Milestone games and they have a different set of physics, so you will never be able to "race" them and can't use them as reference points in regards to braking and turning. The AI in GT7 is dumb but at least it isn't cheap and it's still very much old school arcade racers where the cars are always pretty much in the same order. Versus the Milestone AI that is on seek & destroy missions. There is no point really to setting the AI difficulty to high because it's not a challenge more a matter of the AI being cheaper. Why go through the frustration?

To me the key to really enjoying the Ride games is pretty much hot laps. In that context the braking and AI aren't an issue, because you aren't "racing" with an unfair disadvantage. So instead you figure out how the bikes handle and deal with that. when you understand the braking, steering, etc...... the game feels a lot better (though can still be a bit frustrating due to some inconsistent at times controls) because you are focused on the laps and not trying to "race" the cheap AI.

The thing is this......if you can enjoy just hot laps Ride 4 is awesome and it's fun when you find good people to race online. The Career sucks, but unlike GT7 it doesn't lock bikes, tracks & gear....it's primarily aimed at trophy hunters which I'm not. The career pays out more so you earn $$$ faster to buy the stuff you want. The pricing structure is beyond stupid, but oh well. the deluxe edition is seemingly always on sale these days for under $30.

Better than the 2x credit route is watching the weekly challenge as the payouts are insane. They are basically just qualifiers that payout up to a million credits if you hit the gold time (which generally isn't hard). It's mainly just a matter of finding the bike/track combo that you like. The game doesn't transfer saves from PS4 to PS5 (whole different conversation) and I wasn't going to play through the whole game again to get back my garage when I got a PS5 and was content to just get my 5 prized Yamahas back. The weekly challenge is what saved me. I forget the bike/track combo but it was one I liked so I just a 20 lap qualifier a day for a week (saving after each lap) and quickly earned over a few hrs (less than 8hrs over a week) enough to buy every bike in the game. vs grinding out the career mode which didn't interest me

Ride 4 is a far better game. The braking is a Milestone trait (not a good one) they are under powered in the Ride series and over powered in the MotoGP (since MotoGP went to the unreal engine) linked braking isn't really the way and it really isn't going to help against the AI. the AI is cheap in all the Milestone games and they have a different set of physics, so you will never be able to "race" them and can't use them as reference points in regards to braking and turning. The AI in GT7 is dumb but at least it isn't cheap and it's still very much old school arcade racers where the cars are always pretty much in the same order. Versus the Milestone AI that is on seek & destroy missions. There is no point really to setting the AI difficulty to high because it's not a challenge more a matter of the AI being cheaper. Why go through the frustration?

To me the key to really enjoying the Ride games is pretty much hot laps. In that context the braking and AI aren't an issue, because you aren't "racing" with an unfair disadvantage. So instead you figure out how the bikes handle and deal with that. when you understand the braking, steering, etc...... the game feels a lot better (though can still be a bit frustrating due to some inconsistent at times controls) because you are focused on the laps and not trying to "race" the cheap AI.
Well bikes are still locked in a way if you need to buy them. But at least you can choose how to earn that.

Isn't the ai less on rails at least than in ride3?
It's better in motogp19 already at least.

In r3 they will keep bump back into you to get back into their scripted line. Its insane, they will go across the road to go back to it even if makes no sense.

No save transfer is pretty lame too, another lazy way from milestone deciders it seems.

No. The AI is as terrible if not worse in Ride 4, so there is no racing to speak of. The difficulty doesn’t matter, if you have speed you get to the front and check out. So that’s why I just hot lap and save myself frustration. They talk about their ANNA ai but again what is the point if the AI isn’t aware of the player? you watch them adjust to other AI riders but are oblivious to you. At best what I will do when I really feel like “racing” is only have 1 or 2 AI riders. And then use them to pull me a little if I’m in a slump. But outside of that I don’t bother.

MotoGP 19 might be the last MotoGP game I actually liked. Think it was the last one before they switched to the Unreal engine (not that it mattered) and ran 60fps on the console. It was playable and fun.

The save thing…No comment. It’s part Sony and part devs. Some devs it never comes up and others well. Milestone blamed Sony and that Xbox’s smart download blah blah, but that’s BS. Xbox smart download just detects your system and determines the version.

But here is the thing. say it’s true and it was Sony, well Milestone has your profile and could simply import and convert the save file on their side and then push it back down. But that would take ”effort”. Anyway it is what it is.

As for the “locked” thing….well in all of them they are “locked” if you look at having to purchase them as locking them. My thing is how you access them. If it’s a matter of earning $$$$ to get them I don’t mind as long as it’s reasonable. All of the Ride games have larger payouts for running the career mode, which sucks. But at least Ride 4 there is a workaround. Like I said in a matter of maybe 6 or 8 total ours I earned over $50 million credits just basically doing hot laps. With that I unlocked all the bikes and gear and parts I wanted. So that’s not bad. It sucked though that your custom liveries don’t come over. But it’s not like GT7 or the MotoGP games where stuff is locked behind career achievements.

To me you shouldn’t have to force people to play parts of your game. If it’s good people will play it. There are cars , tracks and tasks I’d never do if I didn’t have too. But in their data they’ll go see we have high participation in the career mode blah blah blah. Yeah only cause you forced me to do it. I hate the racing RPG stuff. It should be equal. If people want to run that stuff fine it’s there. But there should also be a straight forward path for people who don’t.

No. The AI is as terrible if not worse in Ride 4, so there is no racing to speak of. The difficulty doesn’t matter, if you have speed you get to the front and check out. So that’s why I just hot lap and save myself frustration. They talk about their ANNA ai but again what is the point if the AI isn’t aware of the player? you watch them adjust to other AI riders but are oblivious to you. At best what I will do when I really feel like “racing” is only have 1 or 2 AI riders. And then use them to pull me a little if I’m in a slump. But outside of that I don’t bother.

MotoGP 19 might be the last MotoGP game I actually liked. Think it was the last one before they switched to the Unreal engine (not that it mattered) and ran 60fps on the console. It was playable and fun.

The save thing…No comment. It’s part Sony and part devs. Some devs it never comes up and others well. Milestone blamed Sony and that Xbox’s smart download blah blah, but that’s BS. Xbox smart download just detects your system and determines the version.

But here is the thing. say it’s true and it was Sony, well Milestone has your profile and could simply import and convert the save file on their side and then push it back down. But that would take ”effort”. Anyway it is what it is.

As for the “locked” thing….well in all of them they are “locked” if you look at having to purchase them as locking them. My thing is how you access them. If it’s a matter of earning $$$$ to get them I don’t mind as long as it’s reasonable. All of the Ride games have larger payouts for running the career mode, which sucks. But at least Ride 4 there is a workaround. Like I said in a matter of maybe 6 or 8 total ours I earned over $50 million credits just basically doing hot laps. With that I unlocked all the bikes and gear and parts I wanted. So that’s not bad. It sucked though that your custom liveries don’t come over. But it’s not like GT7 or the MotoGP games where stuff is locked behind career achievements.

To me you shouldn’t have to force people to play parts of your game. If it’s good people will play it. There are cars , tracks and tasks I’d never do if I didn’t have too. But in their data they’ll go see we have high participation in the career mode blah blah blah. Yeah only cause you forced me to do it. I hate the racing RPG stuff. It should be equal. If people want to run that stuff fine it’s there. But there should also be a straight forward path for people who don’t.
Ai worse goodness, still not aware of the player, oh,anna..
And the structure too..

So what's so much better in ride4 vs 3? The feel of bike and road? They nerfed the physics too after a patch, before you would feel and risk more goin out of track, now seems to barely affect.

Like in r3, the sand trap at the end of the starting straight on road America has no effect.

There's a clutch i think at least, hope it's analog like in motogp19 when set on a stick.

Day night cycle and weather dont do much for me.

Yeah that's a pretty good payout for a small amount of time, if it buys you all in the game.

Last edited:
In general I think control wise it’s more refined over Ride 3. And on the PS5 with the haptics they’ve integrated tire slip in the controller so you can “feel” your traction. I kind of noticed intially but really didn’t notice until racing a friend and switched back to the PS4 version (both installed on my PS5) and kept crashing. It was because I’d gotten so used to the the feel of the controller. But to me it just plays better. To their credit I think each Ride games has controlled better than the last. It’s just that they don’t actually fix the two main items that need to be addressed, braking and AI

The understeer item is actually a sympton of the breaking, because the bikes don’t feel like they aren’t stopping correctly your turn in points end up being wrong. Once you understand the braking you get a better sense of when/where to turn in. Also riding the brakes deep into the corner helps. As well as shifting later. The shifting thing I don’t understand why they do it but it’s so unrealistic and that was the hardest thing for me to adjust cause it’s not how I ride when I’m at the tracks. But in the game your gear determines how you brake, as well as where you are on the track. Different parts of the track have different levels of grip so they do a decent job of that, but still it’s a bit over done when it comes to braking

I have read people complain Ride 4 is too arcadish and such. I wonder what settings people who say that are playing on. I have mine on realistic/advanced/expert whatever it’s called settings. So yeah you can tuck the front and all that. But it’s not stupidly overly sensitive like MotoGP has become

As for the weather daylight thing. I agree. Don’t get why people want that in a game. I mean all of my local tracks are in the desert. I have never once thought. “Geez I’m so sick of all this great sunny weather I wish it would rain…!!!!!” Not once has that happened. Because of the lack of feel in most games weather isn’t fun nor challenging it’s just annoying.

As is how Milestone implements sun glare. Again I ride in the desert 95% of the time. And have never had the Sun so bright that I can’t see the track. Yeah driving on the highway in a car.. yeah you get that. but at the track the sun-wash glare on the tracks at times……. Is silly

Im trying more of the big litre sport and race bikes, i should have not kept them for last for so long, much more fun for me, plus nice grunty sound on some, like the gsx 1000 1 million ed, and motul race bike.

You feel the heaviness well, and some have less electronic aids left on when you set all to off and 0.
So you have fun throttle oversteer and hard brakes, and feel bumps more.
More fun, thrilling and challenging.

I hope it's same in r4 with some bikes being a handfull.
I always loved big sport bikes anyhow.

Sound helps to feel thrilling when its chunky, racey. Thankfully for me, i prefer the sound in helmet view, which is my only view of choice.

Can't say they sound so hot in replay though.

I noticed the ai never up the front wheel, no real physics to them it seems.
At least it seems the big bikes crash less from being bumped by the ai.

Edit: i was gonna get the base game r4, for 16$ cad on psn, cause not many bikes id miss i think in the addons, plus the deluxe ed. doesn't include 2 bike packs, euro and Japanese packs.

But i love kyalami track, looked at it in r4 video and still looks so cool, so i might wait still again and get the deluxe version a little later, if the sale lasted another 3 days i could have gotten the full version, but 30$ is also a bit much for me for lame ai, and game structure.

But if im gonna pay for kyalami, might as well pay 3$ more and get all bikes lol. Well all except those 2 packs that you need pay separately, lame greedy tricks..

Edit: too bad some of the bikes that sound lame in r3 seem not much improved in r4 from vids i checked out.

Last edited:
Back