RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
I only ever had one bike, a Honda Hornet, for about a year, that's it. I would love to have a go again but too scared at my age that I might fall off/get knocked off :) It would probably finish me off !

Hehe, yeah, not much protection for sure on a bike. And when you have a high revving sport bike it's so tempting to punch it often. Not so safe on roads with cars and potholes etc.

Your age, which is? Hehe if i can ask.., im pretty damn old myself haha. But i still have the itch every spring.

I had a few bikes but was long ago, i did like to punch it even in the city to the distress of moms on sidewalks. Well just the sound i think made them scared more than anything else maybe.
My biggest one was a Suzuki sports bike gs1100. Was fun even if old and slow by today's standards.
Lots of wobbling at high speed in curves and hard on the brakes.
Did have a couple of scraps too, one time i was just accelerating on a mostly straight line on a wet road and i crossed over onto a painted dotted line and that was enough to spin and lose the rear tire. Bike fell and did a little spinorama. Then i got up and tried continue on but the clutch lever was broken. The tires were not the same quality of today that's for sure, but then the power neither so i guess it balanced out in the handling risk.

Last edited:
Hehe, yeah, not much protection for sure on a bike. And when you have a high revving sport bike it's so tempting to punch it often. Not so safe on roads with cars and potholes etc.

Your age, which is? Hehe if i can ask.., im pretty damn old myself haha. But i still have the itch every spring.

I had a few bikes but was long ago, i did like to punch it even in the city to the distress of moms on sidewalks. Well just the sound i think made them scared more than anything else maybe hehe.
My biggest one was a Suzuki sports bike gs1100. Was fun even if old and slow by today's standards.
Lots of wobbling at high speed in curves and hard on the brakes.
Did have a couple of scraps too, one time i was just accelerating on a mostly straight line on a wet road and i crossed over onto a painted dotted line and that was enough to spin and lose the rear tire. Bike fell and did a little spinorama. Then i got up and tried continue on but the clutch lever was broken. The tires were not the same quality of today that's for sure, but then the power neither so i guess it balanced out in the handling risk.

My age.. I'm 45. I passed my test via a direct access course at 25 with a clean sheet which impressed my instructor at the time, didn't mean anything, bought my bike and fell off it within a week ! Put it back together when I could but then we always scared of it, always imaging lines of gravel in corners that wasn't there. Sold it within a year, I'm much better at driving cars. I miss the feeling of acceleration though. How old are you buddy ?

My age.. I'm 45. I passed my test via a direct access course at 25 with a clean sheet which impressed my instructor at the time, didn't mean anything, bought my bike and fell off it within a week ! Put it back together when I could but then we always scared of it, always imaging lines of gravel in corners that wasn't there. Sold it within a year, I'm much better at driving cars. I miss the feeling of acceleration though. How old are you buddy ?
I see, you're not that old hehe, well im shy almost to say but it's in my profile, im 56, but i guess still a kid at heart.

Yeah for sure dirt, sand, oil left in the road by trucks etc is one of the most treacherous hazards that is hard to notice and react to in time when you're riding pretty fast.

But i have only good memories of my riding, and that last Suzuki gs1100 i even had a nickname for it haha, old Bertha, i don't know why that name lol.
Maybe just felt like a reliable sibling, patting it on the tank after a nice fast ride and stopped for gaz haha.

Edit:embarrassed:ups, was big bertha, not old bertha lol, sorry Bertha hehe. Well she was pretty big for a sport bike, still remember the dry weight at 526 without oil and gaz.

Reminds me one time i was stopped at a red light, and i don't know, maybe i was leaning checking something on the side of the bike, maybe the choke set, and it started lean on one side and i couldn't hold it lol. I just had enough leverage to hold it enough so it would just gently lay down. Then i had just enough strength to pull it back up lol. Pretty embarrassing haha.

I remember also on the highway once, riding over a big lost car muffler. Just had time to hold on hard enough to not let go of the handles.

Another small mishap i remember is being at a stop light and for some reason i had leaned while holding the throttle still, and the bike just wheelied lol and i was holding on with that 1 hand haha like a rodeo, and just managed to get back down with no scraps.

Had lots of fun, doing wheelies at 100km/h with my buddy in the back. He sure was trusting me lol. Oh well, memories..
Nice to know you a little more @MrCrynox .

Last edited:
I see, you're not that old hehe, well im shy almost to say but it's in my profile, im 56, but i guess still a kid at heart.

Yeah for sure dirt, sand, oil left in the road by trucks etc is one of the most treacherous hazards that is hard to notice and react to in time when you're riding pretty fast.

But i have only good memories of my riding, and that last Suzuki gs1100 i even had a nickname for it haha, old Bertha, i don't know why that name lol.
Maybe just felt like a reliable sibling, patting it on the tank after a nice fast ride and stopped for gaz haha.

Your not that old mate 👍

I've got mixed memories of my bike, it looked great but like I said, I felt fear riding it. I think I passed my test too late in life ! And in the UK the roads are in a terrible condition, plus diesel spills, poor weather, mindless car drivers etc, it's not worth it :)

At least I can relate to riding playing the games.

Edit: I remember riding to work one morning and I came across a load of birds in the road, one hit me in the chest at about 80mph I almost fell off, had to push it off the tank ! Later on in the day felt pain, checked under my t shirt I had a massive bruise that took about a week to go ! Fun times indeed. Nice being too know you a bit more too, @Jtheripper :)

Last edited:
Your not that old mate 👍

I've got mixed memories of my bike, it looked great but like I said, I felt fear riding it. I think I passed my test too late in life ! And in the UK the roads are in a terrible condition, plus diesel spills, poor weather, mindless car drivers etc, it's not worth it :)

At least I can relate to riding playing the games.

Edit: I remember riding to work one morning and I came across a load of birds in the road, one hit me in the chest at about 80mph I almost fell off, had to push it off the tank ! Later on in the day felt pain, checked under my t shirt I had a massive bruise that took about a week to go ! Fun times indeed. Nice being too know you a bit more too, @Jtheripper :)
Really wow, must have been bigger than a hummingbird hehe. Maybe a seagull or pigeon i guess, at that speed yeah you're going to feel it. That one never happened to me at least.

Well here you can only ride in the warmer season, but lots of nice days to enjoy it for sure. Wish I'd get a used middle size 750 or 1000 sport bike like from 1990s maybe, or even a 500, 600.
The newer big ones are pretty insane looking at the specs, but i wouldn't mind trying the feel of one at full blast.

Even had a couple times losing the cops back then haha, maybe i shouldn't say that lol oh well. One time at night in the highway i was doing maybe 100mph and a stopped cop car opened its lights and started up then i punched it and saw the car off its lights and stop haha. I guess when he heard it and from the looks of the bike he gave up trying catch it.

I did get caught one time at 100mph and i knew a cop car was after me from far but my clutch was burned and it would start slipping over 100mph so i couldnt pull away aww. That one cost ouch.

Hope I'm not banned for saying illegal things, but it's a long time ago mods.:embarrassed::nervous::D

Edit: actually, from trying different bikes in ride3 and loving most of them, i wouldn't mind even a 125cc sport bike like the aprilia rs125r, pretty fun bike but i guess that's a race only bike, or the older Suzuki RG250 or 500, fun in the city or in curvy small country roads, not so much on the highway though, and for longer trips.

Last edited:
Really wow, must have been bigger than a hummingbird hehe. Maybe a seagull or pigeon i guess, at that speed yeah you're going to feel it. That one never happened to me at least.

Well here you can only ride in the warmer season, but lots of nice days to enjoy it for sure. Wish I'd get a used middle size 750 or 1000 sport bike like from 1990s maybe, or even a 500, 600.
The newer big ones are pretty insane looking at the specs, but i wouldn't mind trying the feel of one at full blast.

Even had a couple times losing the cops back then haha, maybe i shouldn't say that lol oh well. One time at night in the highway i was doing maybe 100mph and a stopped cop car opened its lights and started up then i punched it and saw the car off its lights and stop haha. I guess when he heard it and from the looks of the bike he gave up trying catch it.

I did get caught one time at 100mph and i knew a cop car was after me from far but my clutch was burned and it would start slipping over 100mph so i couldnt pull away aww. That one cost ouch.

Hope I'm not banned for saying illegal things, but it's a long time ago mods.:embarrassed::nervous::D

It was a pigeon. Yep I'm pretty sure most of us petrol heads on here have all done crazy things when we were younger, that's why now when I see kids tearing about on the roads my first reaction is what idiots then...I remember :D not saying much else otherwise I'd be incriminating myself too :lol:

I'd like to hire a bike for some laps on a track but never again on the roads.

Edit: If I did get caught driving over 100mph once, not saying I did ! I was lucky, nowadays it's instant ban material.

It was a pigeon. Yep I'm pretty sure most of us petrol heads on here have all done crazy things when we were younger, that's why now when I see kids tearing about on the roads my first reaction is what idiots then...I remember :D not saying much else otherwise I'd be incriminating myself too :lol:

I'd like to hire a bike for some laps on a track but never again on the roads.

Edit: If I did get caught driving over 100mph once, not saying I did ! I was lucky, nowadays it's instant ban material.

You ever been to the isle of man tt race? I'd love to visit and see something like that some day. Even a smaller race like the northwest200 maybe. That isle of man country side place looks so nice in videos. Except it be pretty gloomy mood once someone gets killed, which happens to 3 riders on average there each year, pretty crazy.

You ever been to the isle of man tt race? I'd love to visit and see something like that some day. Even a smaller race like the northwest200 maybe. That isle of man country side place looks so nice in videos. Except it be pretty gloomy mood once someone gets killed, which happens to 3 riders on average there each year, pretty crazy.

Sadly not, just seen it on TV. I've watched WSBK at Brands & MotoGP at Dodington that's about it. Hopefully going to Wales this year to watch the WRC though before it gets ruined.

The street tracks similar to isle of man tt like the Ulster, Ireland northwest 200, billown south100 i think, even the shorter imatra track are really challenging being so fast and narrow with obstacles near the side of the tracks.
Thrilling but not easy for sure.

It be nice if you could select the number of a.i. in a race.
The sound of the a.i. bikes when racing near you could be punchier too.

I think motogp19 has a little more grunt and mechanical feel to the sounds, especially in 3rd person.

Also still really hoping the clutch from motogp19 will be added in ride4. With analog possibility as in that game, since in digital it really doesn't do much and just goes off/on and no slipping and overrev power/throttle effect unless set on an analog control like the joysticks.

Edit: i decided try off the aggressive throttle and brake calibration settings in the setup of each bike.
Should have done this before, better linear control, was making it harder for myself for nothing, already not easy with small controller triggers and joysticks.

My times go down and I'm having a less frustrating more satisfying experience.
Especially that I'm using all the hardest ways to play this already lol.
Helps particularly for more responsive bikes.

A big part of the difficulty is due to the controller, with a small sensitive joystick for direction and small triggers for throttle braking.
If they let us use wheels and pedals it be alot better i think. And you would only deal with the challenge of the bike itself.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @Jtheripper but i just finish uninstalling the game for one reason no option to turn rumble on my ds4 off? sorry but when i play racing games the first thing i do is turn off rumble on my ds4 i cant stand my ds4 vibrating when i play racing games and its beyond me why this game doesn't have that option.

wtf
:crazy:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @Jtheripper but i just finish uninstalling the game for one reason no option to turn rumble on my ds4 off? sorry but when i play racing games the first thing i do is turn off rumble on my ds4 i cant stand my ds4 vibrating when i play racing games and its beyond me why this game doesn't have that option.

wtf
:crazy:
You mean ride2 or 3? Cause in ride3 there is in the controls options a setting to choose vibration normal, low or off.

Edit: also you can easily turn off the vibration in the ps4 devices..controllers settings.

You mean ride2 or 3? Cause in ride3 there is in the controls options a setting to choose vibration normal, low or off.

Edit: also you can easily turn off the vibration in the ps4 devices..controllers settings.
Yes ride 2

and i know you can but that's for overall not just for one game and there are other games i play that i like using rumble with.

When a game cant even bother to give the player such a simple option like rumble OFF/ON support then that game is not worth my time.

Watched some clips of Ulster races, just as crazy as lsle of man and as fast, hitting 320kph/200mph.
I was checking the speeds to see if it ressembles a little the speeds you go in the game.
I was having difficulty controlling a stable line, losing patience a little trying control with a small sensitive joystick.

Thinking maybe I'm trying go way too fast, and in real life, especially if you don't know the road by heart, you'd probably slow down alot especially nearing blind curves, of which there are a few there.
But the real racers do go pretty damn fast on it lol. So it is partly due for sure to the joystick, but i switched bikes and it helped alot.
I was trying on that flashback america custom bike, which has alot of power, but isn't the best it seems for race handling.
I switched to a cbr600, 2000 i think, the yellow one in it's default livery. A big difference, much much better, it shows how the bikes differ and game reflects that.
The flashback bike is responsive but hard to stabilize, even on a straight line going slow, for sure a joystick issue too but it's the bike too, and you can't even upgrade it to adjust the steering rake and trail. And it's a heavy, torquey custom style bike. Edit: seems it's not heavy actually, oh well i dont know, but it's twitchy hard to keep stable.
Made me relieved lol, was starting to think the game can't be fun with a joystick. I like that flashback bike but it's good for wide open roads more.

Still wish they would let wheels be used with pedals. Like i mentionned in the past, it works pretty well in driveclub bikes, setting low rotation on the wheel, even if it's much more arcade of course.

Maybe even use the gyroscope for steering, not sure if that be so great. I tried that in driveclub and it felt laggy.

But it is really good on the better handling bikes. Same in motogp19, but you don't go as fast in that game most of the time since it's regular race tracks, makes it a little easier.
And going at crazy speeds on a road like Ulster, you better know the road really well.

Edit: best maybe would be an evolution on the joysticks to make them more precise and responsive but not twitchy. Not sure how, maybe longer sticks, i always wanted to try those caps you can put on top of joysticks to make them longer.
Seems it could help to be less sensitive and more precise.
It's nice to have an evolution on feel with the ds5 haptics and variable pressure triggers but controls is at least as important. Seems these joysticks are old in the tooth, and could use a make over.

Last edited:
I finally caved and forked out for the season pass, still the amount of interesting bikes it was worth it. I was going to put the money towards Ride on The Edge 2 but still having too much fun with Ride 3.

Just going through testing the DLC bikes but loving them all so far.

My only real life experience of riding was on a Yamaha DT 125 LC when I was 17 (hardly a rocket :) ), although I had always loved motorcycles I had never rode one and I tried to ride the DT like a sports bike, entered a turn going too fast and as you can imagine it spat me straight off into a wall. Luckily I walked away from that one but subsequently managed to put a large hole in my knee on a 2nd incident when I lost control with a friend on the back and just missed a bus shelter, My friend landed on top of me and pushed me into the tarmac. Nothing major just tissue damage but I was on crutches for weeks waiting for the knee to heal from the inside out as had lost too much skin and flesh for them to stitch it. Let's just say it taught me a valuable lesson about bikes.

Well, I'm a manchild of 41 with a bit of riding experience...
Are we allowed to link our own YouTube videos for interest? These are of my Dad and I riding from loooong ago..

I bought Ride 2 ages ago and only just started playing it today and I'm looking for a few tips from anyone that can help as I know next to nothing about riding bikes.

When braking before a corner should my rider position be leaning back or neutral? I assume it's neutral during cornering?

When I'm understeering during cornering I use a quick brake squeeze technique or several if required, is this correct or is there a better way to correct understeer? (I have the controls set to auto rear brake)

When is the best time to tuck-in? When you're round the apex of a corner or does it only really come into effect as high speed on a straight?

Thanks in advance.

I bought Ride 2 ages ago and only just started playing it today and I'm looking for a few tips from anyone that can help as I know next to nothing about riding bikes.

When braking before a corner should my rider position be leaning back or neutral? I assume it's neutral during cornering?

When I'm understeering during cornering I use a quick brake squeeze technique or several if required, is this correct or is there a better way to correct understeer? (I have the controls set to auto rear brake)

When is the best time to tuck-in? When you're round the apex of a corner or does it only really come into effect as high speed on a straight?

Thanks in advance.

This is what I do:

Pull back on the stick to sit up under big braking zones, ie 6th gear flat out down to say 2nd gear etc. I only do this on these sort of braking zones as I find it helps slow the bike down a lot more, it's quite effective. I also do this sometimes if I'm understeering into the apex, (off throttle), instead of using the rear brake to pull myself back into line.
I use manual tuck so no need to lean on the way out after the apex, well at least I think, I'm sure @Jtheripper will be along to confirm this.. Also if your using auto combined brakes then obviously you can't use the rear brake to pull you in/trail brake into the corner, although it's a lot to take in my advice is to try & use split brakes, that way you can brake much later, trail brake into some corners & save yourself by scrubbing off excessive speed when entering a corner too fast. Personally I just hold it down & let go just before its about to throw me off, you can detect/feel when this is going to happen, visual/audio cue.

Hope this helps 👍

Last edited:
This is what I do:

Pull back on the stick to sit up under big braking zones, ie 6th great flat out down to say 2nd gear etc. I only do this on these sort of braking zones as I find it helps slow the bike down a lot more, it's quite effective. I also do this sometimes if I'm understeering into the apex, (off throttle), instead of using the rear brake to pull myself back into line.
I use manual tuck so no need to lean on the way out after the apex, well at least I think, I'm sure @Jtheripper will be along to confirm this.. Also if your using auto combined brakes then obviously you can't use the rear brake to pull you in/trail brake into the corner, although it's a lot to take in my advice is to try & use split brakes, that way you can brake much later, trail brake into some corners & save yourself by scrubbing off excessive speed when entering a corner too fast. Personally I just hold it down & let go just before its about to throw me off, you can detect/feel when this is going to happen, visual/audio cue.

Hope this helps 👍

I appreciate the tips.

So leaning back can correct understeer? I'll give that a try.

I use manual tuck too, what I wanted to know about it was does it make any difference using it on corner exits with regards to understeer, oversteer or exit speed or is it just a thing that works on high speed straights reducing drag like DRS on an F1 car? My original question regarding this wasn't the best explanation.

I wasn't sure how the auto rear brake worked in the game, as in if it just clamps both at once all the time when you hit the brakes or if it just automatically applied it only when you should be using it. So if I went to separate front and rear would I trail brake using just the fronts exclusively?

I used combined brakes initially and you can definitely still use the back brake independently to tighten your line.

However, lately I've switched to separate and it feels more effective that way.. I feel I have more brakes (bike slows better) and then rear is more effective when I have to.

Haven't used manual tuck yet... I'm not a very good gamer and in time attacks (practice for me) I don't really use it or forget. Must try harder.

I've also found that stiffening the springs and preload of some bikes helps speed up the steering into the corner...

I appreciate the tips.

I use manual tuck too, what I wanted to know about it was does it make any difference using it on corner exits with regards to understeer, oversteer or exit speed or is it just a thing that works on high speed straights reducing drag like DRS on an F1 car? My original question regarding this wasn't the best explanation.

I wasn't sure how the auto rear brake worked in the game, as in if it just clamps both at once all the time when you hit the brakes or if it just automatically applied it only when you should be using it. So if I went to separate front and rear would I trail brake using just the fronts exclusively?

I read that using manual tuck on Ride 2 verses Auto doesn't gain you anything other than immersion, that's why I decided to learn split brakes instead, for me trying to do both would be too much !

Also you only trail brake mostly with the rear brake, if you use the front brake when lent over...low side crash. So coming into a hard braking zone I apply both brakes, sit up then just before turning I release the front brake, keep the back held until near the apex, sit back down.

I'm sure @Jtheripper will be along
Hehe I'm not far, hi buddy, just preoccupied with real life and other games.
Well i don't have ride 2 though, just ride1 which i can't remember much details on the controls and of course have ride3.

I appreciate the tips.

I just know and remember that in ride3 manual tuckin helps turn in for me, quite a bit, and that when it's auto there's something missing and different. I forget what for now.

For the rider position well i sit up/back for braking to help offload weight from the front because it tends to be in the front mostly when braking, and could provoke front understeer from being overloaded and slide, and to help the rear stay on the ground.

And the rider position in ride3 even when tuckedin still affects the weight distribution from what i experienced at least, and you can keep pressing tuckin except when braking and still use your rider position to adjust your balance on the bike.

When you start accelerating, good to keep weight to the back a little at 1st if the rear wants to spin, but you migvt get understeer, then push forward if the bike wants to wheelie exiting curves and going more full throttle, which could give you oversteer.

Also setup can affect all this.

Also when in higher speeds especially, keep rider forward to help aerodynamic and not sit up in wind, even if tucking.

Then you need adjust depending on what you feel and need at each moment.

You can try trail brake with the front to help keep the front down and to oversteer a little while on throttle in curves but it's easy to over do it and have sudden loss of back grip if a little too much throttle, or front loss of grip if brake a little too much.

That's even more true in motogp19, and the bikes keep squirming under you hehe. Lot of fun..

Hope helps, just my 2 cents, but this is from ride3, i never tried 2.
I posted alot on ride3 handling and controls in this thread.

Each time you open the throttle you can get understeer from the front getting lighter, so need be smooth on the throttle.

Definitely think about getting yourself a track slag. Just try to ignore all the gentrification, willy waving and voodoo. You'd have just as much fun on your old Hornet as them on their Panigales with slicks and tyre warmers. Probably more fun, actually.

I started riding at 28, but deliberately limited myself to a 125 for the first year. Got into enough trouble that way. The tameness of the machine helped get the fear under control and I learned to ride especially defensively, since you don't have the option of POWER (modern four-stroke 125s eh). It also went off road, which really teaches you to trust the bike to sort itself out, and how to not, as the rider, become a problem the bike would rather "fix" by ejection...

The tracks in this game are accurate enough to learn the lines on, too, if you can translate your real world riding style to the game at least.

Sorry if this is a known thing, but a question about Macau: Is the extra chicane there so it isn’t technically the Guia Circuit, and therefore a licence isn’t needed?

Sorry if this is a known thing, but a question about Macau: Is the extra chicane there so it isn’t technically the Guia Circuit, and therefore a licence isn’t needed?

Yes the track isn't licence, their a couple turns, still good version, that needs care.

I was browsing through the XBox store last night and noticed Ducati 90th Anniversary was on sale for just $2.50 so I picked it up. It's apparently a spin off of Ride 1? Anyway it comes with 39 bikes and 9 tracks, so I think it's worth the cost of an energy drink. The bikes are skewed pretty heavy towards the bikes available in 2014/5, which makes sense since it was released in 2016, but there's a good cross-section of bikes from the '70s to the '00s as well. Only two bikes from the 1950s and none from the '60s which seems odd. And no early prewar bikes which again seems odd for a game celebrating 90 years of motorcycles. The other bike I'm surprised isn't in the game is Mike Hailwood's bike from his extraordinary 1978 IoM TT win, a race he basically ran on a lark after seven years of retirement from bike racing. They have a section that celebrates Ducati's historic wins and that's not one of them? Otherwise though, it's an enjoyable game. There are enough bikes and tracks to justify the sale price.

Latest Posts

Back