RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
I was browsing through the XBox store last night and noticed Ducati 90th Anniversary was on sale for just $2.50 so I picked it up. It's apparently a spin off of Ride 1? Anyway it comes with 39 bikes and 9 tracks, so I think it's worth the cost of an energy drink. The bikes are skewed pretty heavy towards the bikes available in 2014/5, which makes sense since it was released in 2016, but there's a good cross-section of bikes from the '70s to the '00s as well. Only two bikes from the 1950s and none from the '60s which seems odd. And no early prewar bikes which again seems odd for a game celebrating 90 years of motorcycles. The other bike I'm surprised isn't in the game is Mike Hailwood's bike from his extraordinary 1978 IoM TT win, a race he basically ran on a lark after seven years of retirement from bike racing. They have a section that celebrates Ducati's historic wins and that's not one of them? Otherwise though, it's an enjoyable game. There are enough bikes and tracks to justify the sale price.

I saw this in the store and was intrigued about it. It’s very cheap for what you get so I might download it. Especially after seeing your thoughts on it. Looking at checking out the Ride series but 3 is quite expensive still.

I was browsing through the XBox store last night and noticed Ducati 90th Anniversary was on sale for just $2.50 so I picked it up. It's apparently a spin off of Ride 1? Anyway it comes with 39 bikes and 9 tracks, so I think it's worth the cost of an energy drink. The bikes are skewed pretty heavy towards the bikes available in 2014/5, which makes sense since it was released in 2016, but there's a good cross-section of bikes from the '70s to the '00s as well. Only two bikes from the 1950s and none from the '60s which seems odd. And no early prewar bikes which again seems odd for a game celebrating 90 years of motorcycles. The other bike I'm surprised isn't in the game is Mike Hailwood's bike from his extraordinary 1978 IoM TT win, a race he basically ran on a lark after seven years of retirement from bike racing. They have a section that celebrates Ducati's historic wins and that's not one of them? Otherwise though, it's an enjoyable game. There are enough bikes and tracks to justify the sale price.
Silly question but is this compatible with Ride 3, or is it a standalone or do you need Ride 1?
If it's based off Ride 1 engine/generation, I'm not all that interested. But it it unlocks those tracks in Ride 3,definitely.

Mike Hailwood went to car racing, late 60s, was in one of GT40 Le Mans drivers.
Bike is dlc for Ride On Edge 2 TT.

TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2_20200811164109.jpg
TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2_20200811164158.jpg

Silly question but is this compatible with Ride 3, or is it a standalone or do you need Ride 1?
If it's based off Ride 1 engine/generation, I'm not all that interested. But it it unlocks those tracks in Ride 3,definitely.

It's a stand alone game, based on the Ride1 generation. Has all the tracks of that game. It's not a bad little game - has an interesting selection of old Ducati models.

Is it based on Ride 1 ?
From what I've read, it's based on Ride 1. It was released about a year after Ride 1, but several months before Ride 2, so I believe it was a way to get a little more money out of the first game.

I read a little more about that Mike Hailwood Ducati, and from what I understand, it wasn't entered as a Ducati but an NCR Ducati. They were the company that took the original 900SS and turned it into Mike the Bike's winning ride. When Ducati released the Mike Hailwood replica a few years later, there was a legal battle with his widow claiming Ducati was using his name without licensing it. So my guess is it's not in the game since it sounds like they would need to license the Mike Hailwood name from the Hailwood estate as well as dealing with NCR. More lawyers that it's worth, honestly. Still, it's a fun little game. A nice break from Horizon and Wreckfest. And Ride 3 for that matter, since I still have time attack races where I can't even manage the minimum bronze medal time.

Last edited:
Is it based on Ride 1 ? I haven't got the first game but it feels quite like Ride 2 to me.. Anyway I'm having fun with it for £1.99, thanks @Populuxe Cowboy for making me aware of this rough little gem.

£1.79 actually :D
Had £5 in my psn bank so figured, what the hell...

Not that I'll get to it in near future, backlog is mahoosive :lol:

The blurb mentions a Ducati "museum" in game which sounds like it might be interesting, is it a bit like the museum in GT?5?

The blurb mentions a Ducati "museum" in game which sounds like it might be interesting, is it a bit like the museum in GT?5?
It's all the bikes in the game. You can scroll around and read about them, look them over, drool. They all become available in the game as you race and win.

Well, I've never ridden the R2 Kawa before, but had ridden other R2 bikes. So not sure if the update made all the R2 bikes more lairy, or maybe the R2 Kawasaki always was? Made the 30 lap Magny Cours race interesting and sweaty since I bumped it up to a Smurf-challenging 75 difficulty.

Son's turn on the Xbox so I'll test other R2 bikes later.

Last edited:
Got the big discount on ride3 gold, pretty happy with it, it just unlocked the dlc bikes in my base game.
And they're all available in your garage right away, no buying in game or unlocking access.

Did try 3 of the lower smaller ones and already nice, the 3rd person and replay engine sounds seem nicer thqn most base game bikes. They feel unique too.
Lots of cool bikes.
Its 16$cad, so much less than i ever saw the season pass, on n.a. psn by the way.

Got the big discount on ride3 gold, pretty happy with it, it just unlocked the dlc bikes in my base game.
And they're all available in your garage right away, no buying in game or unlocking access.

Did try 3 of the lower smaller ones and already nice, the 3rd person and replay engine sounds seem nicer thqn most base game bikes. They feel unique too.
Lots of cool bikes.
Its 16$cad, so much less than i ever saw the season pass, on n.a. psn by the way.

Got that deal myself.

Its a far better game than Ride 2 but still has so many faults and from what I've read in the Ride 4 thread they haven't really addressed most of them.

What I found extremely baffling is they left out a load of tracks from Ride 2 which considering its the same game engine is just strange and most are their original tracks so it's not even a licensing issue. Even if the detail on the Ride 2 tracks isn't as good as those in Ride 3 they're still better in the game than not at all.

The AI is still ****ing terrible, easily the worst I've seen in any racing game. Apparently it hasn't improved in Ride 4 either which for a game on it's fourth iteration now that's pretty unforgivable from the developer, at least some progress should have been made by now.

I have mixed feelings about the gold edition, on one hand it's great you get a ton of bikes in your garage, however it kills alot of the sense of progression in the career mode as well as you usually have a bike on hand for most events so working your way to earning cash for bikes you need isn't necessary.

As for the career mode I think Ride 2 is set up far better, there was an element of progression for your rider which is gone in 3 as is the team building aspect as shallow as it was. Why they removed those elements is again a baffling decision.

Overall it's a really enjoyable game especially for the price, it would be a great game if they just address the issues that have been there since the first game and stop removing features and content for no apparent reason.

Got that deal myself.

Its a far better game than Ride 2 but still has so many faults and from what I've read in the Ride 4 thread they haven't really addressed most of them.

What I found extremely baffling is they left out a load of tracks from Ride 2 which considering its the same game engine is just strange and most are their original tracks so it's not even a licensing issue. Even if the detail on the Ride 2 tracks isn't as good as those in Ride 3 they're still better in the game than not at all.

The AI is still ****ing terrible, easily the worst I've seen in any racing game. Apparently it hasn't improved in Ride 4 either which for a game on it's fourth iteration now that's pretty unforgivable from the developer, at least some progress should have been made by now.

I have mixed feelings about the gold edition, on one hand it's great you get a ton of bikes in your garage, however it kills alot of the sense of progression in the career mode as well as you usually have a bike on hand for most events so working your way to earning cash for bikes you need isn't necessary.

As for the career mode I think Ride 2 is set up far better, there was an element of progression for your rider which is gone in 3 as is the team building aspect as shallow as it was. Why they removed those elements is again a baffling decision.

Overall it's a really enjoyable game especially for the price, it would be a great game if they just address the issues that have been there since the first game and stop removing features and content for no apparent reason.
Yeah well ride4 career seems even worse.
Ride 3 actually was a new engine compared to 2, unreal engine vs home made engine i think with ride2.
I didn't know it had more tracks though, too bad.

Yeah well ride4 career seems even worse.
Ride 3 actually was a new engine compared to 2, unreal engine vs home made engine i think with ride2.
I didn't know it had more tracks though, too bad.

Pretty sure Ride 4 was the first one made with Unreal engine. I don't think it has more tracks by volume but it's missing tracks like Stelvio, Sierra Nevada, Miami and a few more. Mostly really decent ones as well.

I figured maybe i should post here since im mostly talking of ride3 in my ride4 posts, ..i don't know. My ramblings..

Since im playing in 3rd person now, i find this and motogp19 so nicely playable.
Should be rated higher possibly.

At any rate, i find there's so many nice bikes in this, definitely worth it even if have 4.
Even just the Ducatis, there's like 30 bikes, with so many gems in there.

Some of the smaller bikes too are nice, i like the aprilia rs 125r alot, if i were to get a small bike it be up in my wish list.

Then you have the race modifiable bikes, with distinct liveries too, sound, feel, look.

Hmm i forget what else for now haha.
Ill probably edit 10 times as usual to add stuff lol.
Oh yh, its 13$cad now complete ed. ride3 on psn ps4 games, as i mentioned in ride4 thread.

Small things that could be improved, like constant oil change,
have a sorting in order of your last used bikes, or favorites,
Have the game remember your last ai difficulty for each track and performance group since its so unbalanced,...
*Edit: would be nice maybe 2 small mirrors on top left right when in 3rd person, i know it's surely a performance issue,
nice if had custom championships, more customizable races too, choosing which bikes, with their mods, liveries,
Maybe those are in ride4..

*Edit2: really liking oulton park, many different curves to try get right, with elevation changes too.
Did a longish race on it with the aprilia rs 125r, at least it's easier to deal with the ai in 3rd person too. Always have the rewind if get in trouble.
1st time i feel to do a long race, ..now that I'm using 3rd person.
For all the maligned things said of the ai, at least they seem believable from what im experiencing up to now doing proper races.

They take curves pretty believably depending on the bike it seems.
When i take a curve better i can see I'm getting an advantage on the ai. They ride smoothly with regular speeds.

Just did another longish race at oulton with the aprilia rs 250 this time. Was far back from the next ai bikes and caught them in the last lap hihi.
Really getting into it now, perfecting laps, curves, speed, the racing itself, woohoo hehe.
Fun to have challenges, races to look forward to unlock things etc but it be nice to have proper championships, careers too.

I notice at oulton with a faster bike now, there's more hiccups on the streaming of the track while racing around, not enough to really make it bad but hope its fixed in 4.

I like details on surface like at oulton, at the denton curve there's an asphalt transition from different or newer asphalt to patch it up i guess. Can make it tricky when taking the curve at the limit.
I love these kinds of details, that's another detail i hope is more present even in 4 and future games.
Edit: just had another longish race, was in the last laps, was really good racing, and of course lol, the oil, which suddenly makes you lose lot of power.
Ruined race, who the hell thought this was a good idea lol. Each 200km.., i mean you can do 30 lap races, and some courses will make it more than 200km, how can you do this in ride3, no pitstop, i suppose the ai doesn't even have this problem.
Hay hehe, strange or clueless the one who decides some designs in these games.
At least have higher quality more costly oil, i dont know.
If it was relative to the abuse of the engine at least.

Last edited:
The game and the Gold edition are on sale for good prices on Xbox atm so Im looking at buying either. Was looking at the gold edition but I want some career progression so reading this about being gifted a tonne of DLC into your garage kinda kills that for me. Im stll wrapping my head around riding a bike as opposed to racing a car so for me its about the journey.

I've played Ride 1 and slowly getting used to riding a bike- are the physics much different in 3?

Apart from bikes is there a big difference between the base game and the gold edition?

Last edited:
The game and the Gold edition are on sale for good prices on Xbox atm so Im looking at buying either. Was looking at the gold edition but I want some career progression so reading this about being gifted a tonne of DLC into your garage kinda kills that for me. Im stll wrapping my head around riding a bike as opposed to racing a car so for me its about the journey.

I've played Ride 1 and slowly getting used to riding a bike- are the physics much different in 3?

Apart from bikes is there a big difference between the base game and the gold edition?
No difference i think except lot challenges for bikes added if i remember. And theres a lot of bikes.
There is lots challenges to do. Doesnt bother me at least to have some bikes already,,There's a,ton of them to still buy, unlock etc as i remember at least.

Physics well, depends maybe in the cam you use too, for feel. I find 3 way more immersive in cockpit view.
Just my 2 cents.
Sounds are better, graphics.

With 2 or 4 I'd say if you didn't want the extra bikes and special events not to worry about it- with 3 there's a few PITA events that a DLC bike can come in handy for. Another way to look at it- it's cheaper to get the gold edition now and just not download the bikes than get it later when you might want them, plus then if you get stuck at an unwinnable drag race or something again you might just have the answer waiting for you.

No difference i think except lot challenges for bikes added if i remember. And theres a lot of bikes.
There is lots challenges to do. Doesnt bother me at least to have some bikes already,,There's a,ton of them to still buy, unlock etc as i remember at least.

Physics well, depends maybe in the cam you use too, for feel. I find 3 way more immersive in cockpit view.
Just my 2 cents.
Sounds are better, graphics.
Cheers. I'd prefer cockpit view for immersion but at the moment third person helps me more with placing the bike on the track so hoping to make the change to cockpit view once I have some miles under my belt.
With 2 or 4 I'd say if you didn't want the extra bikes and special events not to worry about it- with 3 there's a few PITA events that a DLC bike can come in handy for. Another way to look at it- it's cheaper to get the gold edition now and just not download the bikes than get it later when you might want them, plus then if you get stuck at an unwinnable drag race or something again you might just have the answer waiting for you.
Its a good point. Might as well spend an extra few dollars and get the whole shebang for later use. And knowing me I'd prolly buy the base game and then be having buyers remorse 'why didn't i just buy Gold'. Whatever bikes I do get for free through DLC i can just let sit in the garage and try and get through career mode with just bikes I've brought myself.

Cheers. I'd prefer cockpit view for immersion but at the moment third person helps me more with placing the bike on the track so hoping to make the change to cockpit view once I have some miles under my belt.

Its a good point. Might as well spend an extra few dollars and get the whole shebang for later use. And knowing me I'd prolly buy the base game and then be having buyers remorse 'why didn't i just buy Gold'. Whatever bikes I do get for free through DLC i can just let sit in the garage and try and get through career mode with just bikes I've brought myself.

I think the DLC bike packs are separate 10mb download files or something like that. So if you buy the Gold edition, go to "Manage game" and you can select to ONLY install the base game and then they wont be even in your garage. You can then go into the install later and download them whenever you want.

I've just bought the Gold edition and may do that myself.

I think the DLC bike packs are separate 10mb download files or something like that. So if you buy the Gold edition, go to "Manage game" and you can select to ONLY install the base game and then they wont be even in your garage. You can then go into the install later and download them whenever you want.

I've just bought the Gold edition and may do that myself.
Good thinking! I'm gonna do just that. Thanks.

Back