RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
Ooooh that sounds interesting. Anymore I need to know? :)
Hehe well there is about 70 extra paid dlc bikes so might be worth the complete version but there's already 230 in the main game plus about 5 or 7 free dlc ones. Or you could get the base game if it's on discount and wait for the inevitable ride4, which hopefully will have better difficulty balancing. But each bike looks really nice in the showroom and shows your upgrades. Also each exhaust upgrade change the sound. And there's good info on each bike. And the challenges are grouped in interesting categories with some more little info. But be prepared for some frustrating challenges to unlock some bikes and for too easy ones, as was mentionned here. But the sounds in helmet view are great, and the perspective too. You can set the ai as you like at least in challenges but sometimes it still not enough to make it a nice challenge. Sometimes you need the one bike that they decided can win it seems. Or upgrade fully some others.
Edit: Anyone who uses the helmet view, do you feel you're supposed to use tuckin just on fast straights or use it almost always except when braking ? Cause for me i noticed the controls are better when tucked in especially for curves where you have less understeer than if not tucked. You can control more with the trail braking and throttle your oversteering etc. But it's alot harder to judge the track when tucked in, where as when not tucked it's so easier to follow the track line. I wonder cause i just tried again riding mostly not tucked and it's so easier it makes me wonder now if I'm just making it harder for myself. Also when the windscreen is tinted it's even harder to view the track. I wish there was customizable windscreen so u can select clear or yellow.
Well also it feels more exciting and fast and like you're more into the lean of the bike in curves when tucked in. And its a little faster.

Last edited:
No photos from last night. I was racing a 1985 Yamaha FZ750 around the Snake, and it was a 3-lapper, so it was taking a bit of time. On the third lap, I hit pause so I could take a photo, but it takes so long between pressing the pause button and the game actually pausing, I found I was in the dirt instead of on the road. So I hit exit. And realized I just exited the race. A 14 minute race I was leading at the end of the last lap. So I raced it again. But this time when I pressed pause, the game froze. I had to quit after about five minutes of waiting to see if it would unfreeze itself. By that time I decided I had enough racing for the night. I'll catch up on Horizon tonight and get back to the bikes on Thursday.

Last edited:
I just read Teamvvv's review of ride 3. It doesn't favor it much. Giving negative opinion on just about all aspects. Is it so bad or does it show some improvements on it's predecessors?

Just noticed this. There's no conspiracy theory when it comes to Team VVV reviews, it just wasn't the game we were hoping it would be. Review was done on a standard PS4 so any comparisons would be made on that format. 7 out of 10 isn't a terrible score, there's a lot good there but another few months development could have made a huge difference. Personally I was disappointed with tracks like Lake Garda, the road was so wide it lacked authenticity, but it's designed that way to suit the slower under-steering style of the handling. There's a lot to enjoy here and many of you do, that's great, it just wasn't the game we were hoping for. Perhaps Ride 4 will make that step.

Just noticed this. There's no conspiracy theory when it comes to Team VVV reviews, it just wasn't the game we were hoping it would be. Review was done on a standard PS4 so any comparisons would be made on that format. 7 out of 10 isn't a terrible score, there's a lot good there but another few months development could have made a huge difference. Personally I was disappointed with tracks like Lake Garda, the road was so wide it lacked authenticity, but it's designed that way to suit the slower under-steering style of the handling. There's a lot to enjoy here and many of you do, that's great, it just wasn't the game we were hoping for. Perhaps Ride 4 will make that step.
Hello Kevin, appreciate the reply, well i don't know, it just surprised me a little how the review text sounded mostly negative, even on sounds.. Well i came from ride1, so maybe it was a pleasant surprise moreso for me. Also it made me wonder if you mostly tested it in 3rd person gameplay, because it is more impressive in helmet view on all accounts almost. Also if you tuckin you can adress the understeer better with your riding inputs. I wish though the tracks would be more bumpy etc. Cheers.
Edit: same thing with Mxgp pro, its brilliant in head cam view, well still good too in 3rd person. Maybe also patches helped things out as i always wait for a good while before getting new games. Also for ride3, well it's not perfect of course and the worse thing is the difficulty balancing maybe.

Last edited:
The game lacks several things...
· Tyre wear
· Fuel consumption
· Day/Night transitions
· Changing weather
· Actual working slipstream

And has some inconsistent/weird **** too:
· The front grip
· The rear grip
· The fact that, in some bikes, TCS off means it's somewhat on
· The AI's speed
· How much the AI notices you (from way too much so they don't overtake you to not giving a damn)
· The performance points
· Certain weights and power figures
· The most generic upgrades ever in a racing game

And I'm probably missing some.

Oh i agree on many points, there's always lot of room for further improvements.
I forgot about some stuff.

Important groups of bikes missing:
· No TTF3 bikes (400cc 4-cylinder sportbikes from the 80s)
· No turbo bikes (they were awful but that's kinda the whole point)
· Only 8 bikes from 80s
· No roadbikes from the 70s
· No GP bikes except the classic ones (the 250cc race-modified ones aren't 250GP bikes AFAIK)
· No 500cc bikes for beginners (CB500, GS500), 2 of the best-selling bikes ever

Other complaints:
· Way too many locked motorbikes
· Way too many career playlists, makes the tracklist look repetitive
· The order of the playlists and the unlockables makes no sense at all
· Not enough non-race events
· Racing against user's nicknames with their bikes, numbers and gear looks incredibly stupid

How I would've done the career mode:
· Thematic tiers (classic sports, cheap bikes, non-sports, unusual bikes, etc), always culminating with a championship of one of the racing classes (classic GP500, 250cc, supermoto, light naked, naked, SSP, EWC and SBK). 90% of motorbikes would be unlocked at first but prices would be more expensive than they currently are.
· FINAL TIER = the ultimate roadlegal fight, playlists about modern strictly stock motorbikes, ends with a championship where any unmodified bike is allowed.

Slip streaming at 200 mph.:gtpflag:

Except this game doesn't have much of a slipstream effect if at all... It's a shame that the full highlights I watched like a month ago aren't on Youtube anymore. It included 2 very stupid mistakes by veterans Jeremy McWilliams (Supertwins race, in the Mathers Cross chicane) and Alistair Seely (1st SSP race, in the Juniper Hill chicane).

McW's mistake = blows the chicane, on the grass, tries to accelerate, falls down and almost gets run over. He could've coasted, I swear to God he would've been fine just by coasting over the grass.

Seely's mistake = last lap, goes wide on the 1st half, tries to accelerate on the grass, most obvious thing ever happens. Goes from 2nd to a DNF.

Last edited:
Except this game doesn't have much of a slipstream effect if at all... It's a shame that the full highlights I watched like a month ago aren't on Youtube anymore. It included 2 very stupid mistakes by veterans Jeremy McWilliams (Supertwins race, in the Mathers Cross chicane) and Alistair Seely (1st SSP race, in the Juniper Hill chicane).

McW's mistake = blows the chicane, on the grass, tries to accelerate, falls down and almost gets run over. He could've coasted, I swear to God he would've been fine just by coasting over the grass.

Seely's mistake = last lap, goes wide on the 1st half, tries to accelerate on the grass, most obvious thing ever happens. Goes from 2nd to a DNF.
Got a bit slipstream with 250s.
I was watching Saturdays racing live on BBCi player, then highlight programs, least didn't rain off.

Crazy racing that hehe.lots bumps..and things to crash into. So they still race in places like this then, i thought only isle of man.

Yes a few circuits in Northern Ireland, that even narrower these, guys who race on round, love them.

I don't know I seem to get a slipstream, especially on the bigger bikes. Thankfully it's it not overpowered though because the AI would just pass you right back and people would be complaining about rubberbanding then.

The weather is a preference thing.....I prefer to not have to race in the rain if I don't have to so if it's all sunny days I'm fine.

Having completed the career and own all the bikes I can honestly say while they do like certain tracks more than others (Garda and Magny-Cours) I actually like the magazine layout of 3 over what 2 had.

I do agree that there is a weird handling traits but I think that it is still an improvement over previous installments with the only annoying trait I get is my bike fighting my lean angle in high speed sweeping turns (final turn at Brands for example).

I do wish they let me sell the prize bikes for DLC series....as I usually have bought that bike already.

I was doing some racing in the 600 class that required a bike to be race modified, so I modified my Triumph 675. I am having a hell of a time with the time attack at Sugo. That chicane on the inside of the final 180° right hand corner is impossible for me to get right. I'm still more than three seconds away from a gold medal time. So I decided to put it on hold and move on to the next race in the championship. It's another time attack, but this time it's the full Nürburgring. I have no idea who's idea that was. I'm 20 seconds off a gold medal time, and it's going to take me literal hours to shave that down, considering it's seven minutes a lap. I absolutely hate time attacks.

Good news is I unlocked the 1966 Honda RC181.

Having a go on the 1998 MV Agusta F4 750.

I don't like that chicane at Sugo either. That last corner, even without the chicane, is immensely technical despite its appearance.

I try to grab an early apex through the downhill part of the right hander then push out wide / mid-track on the brakes, to give a straighter run into the chicane, and park it tight on the left-hand apex. From there, worry only about getting a tidy, straight-ish line out to be full throttle as soon as possible up the hill and down the start / finish - again, tricky, as it's easy to run wide. This way you break the chicane down and can focus on the entry and exit separately, then go from there.

The 675 doesn't like the rear brake, so turn off linked brakes if you're using them and try using the front only. If nothing else, it'll illustrate where the bike was becoming unstable before, slowing you down, and where you can push on a bit more.

I don't like that chicane at Sugo either. That last corner, even without the chicane, is immensely technical despite its appearance.

I try to grab an early apex through the downhill part of the right hander then push out wide / mid-track on the brakes, to give a straighter run into the chicane, and park it tight on the left-hand apex. From there, worry only about getting a tidy, straight-ish line out to be full throttle as soon as possible up the hill and down the start / finish - again, tricky, as it's easy to run wide. This way you break the chicane down and can focus on the entry and exit separately, then go from there.

The 675 doesn't like the rear brake, so turn off linked brakes if you're using them and try using the front only. If nothing else, it'll illustrate where the bike was becoming unstable before, slowing you down, and where you can push on a bit more.
That is a whole lot of useful information. Thanks.

My only wish for this game is to be able to race competitively in career mode with a stock bike. I absolutely despise having to upgrade my bikes just to be competitive.

Don't even think about going online with a stock bike.
Also, here's how to win most/all open-class drag races:
· Pick a bike that is short from the limit but not too much
· Only upgrade engine, transmission and the wheels (not the tyres). To maximize your options the PP be really close to the limit (10 points or less)
· Shift to 1st before the race starts

Still playing Ride 3 but run out of things to do. Does anyone have any good setups to try please? Would be interested to see what times i could set using others setups :)

Thanks.

My only wish for this game is to be able to race competitively in career mode with a stock bike. I absolutely despise having to upgrade my bikes just to be competitive.

Don't even think about going online with a stock bike.

I prefer the bikes stock too. If i ever upgrade i use Electronics, Oil, Gearbox (only for full settings), Suspension (same reason as gearbox), Brake Pads, Tyres (not full slicks)
I've never been into "Max Tuning" using all the upgrades. I'm the same with the Gran Turismo series.

As much as i like the game i feel Ride 2 was more enjoyable to play. Ride 3 looks & sounds better. The AI is terrible. I hate the way they collide with you, knock you off & carry on like nothing happened. Ride 2 was equally as bad but at least they fall off.
I was also disappointed with Lake Garda. I expected the track would be longer. I wasn't keen on "The Snake" although i quite like it now. Tenerife is a bit boring, i've never liked Macau but Imatranajo is fun. The problem is with only 3 (i think) Country circuits you end up racing the same ones over & over in career mode & it gets a bit tedious.
I find Time Trial more fun than the Career mode. I'd get rid of Drag Racing for Ride 4. Maybe think of a new game mode to go with the others in the career?
It's good we have a livery editor but PLEASE let us import stickers from the www so we can create exact replicas of race bikes. The majority of liveries look like cheap imitations, tacky looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
New events I've made up for Ride4:
· Carousel = ride a lap with many other riders, both going too slow (breaking the line) and too fast will penalize your final score.
· Trackday Hero = try to get the best lap possible while slower riders also enjoy their time. Contact is 100% forbidden! A secondary version would be the opposite: you with a slow bike on a trackday session full of fast bikes.
· Slalom/Gates challenge = do a lap (or part of it) as quick as possible going through all the gates. Sometimes you'll have to do a slalom in the middle of a straight, sometimes you'll have to ride the outside of a corner, sometimes you'll have to just follow the racing line...
· Handicap racing = with bikes from one brand, one size/type (evolution of superbikes), one model... The player can choose ANY of the selected models to try to win the event.

New events I've made up for Ride4:
· Carousel = ride a lap with many other riders, both going too slow (breaking the line) and too fast will penalize your final score.
· Trackday Hero = try to get the best lap possible while slower riders also enjoy their time. Contact is 100% forbidden! A secondary version would be the opposite: you with a slow bike on a trackday session full of fast bikes.
· Slalom/Gates challenge = do a lap (or part of it) as quick as possible going through all the gates. Sometimes you'll have to do a slalom in the middle of a straight, sometimes you'll have to ride the outside of a corner, sometimes you'll have to just follow the racing line...
· Handicap racing = with bikes from one brand, one size/type (evolution of superbikes), one model... The player can choose ANY of the selected models to try to win the event.

Some good ideas there.
How about a race where you have to catch the AI, then stay behind at a close distance then hold that distance for a length of time? 10 seconds or something? Obviously it would need to be difficult, like you need a perfect lap just to stay with the AI. Any mistakes & you'd have to catch up again. A penalty could be given hit the AI.

I'd also like to see some qualifying for races with 10-20 Laps instead of starting mid-pack all the time.

I have finally got round to some time to play this properly. I picked this up on PC, but when I first got it there were lots of other games I had to finish, so I didn't give this much attention and it felt not much better than Ride 2. But after spending some time the past few evenings getting a smooth 60fps and tweaking the graphics, I am now getting used to the handling again with assists on, i must say it is an excellent improvement all round. I had 11 free bike packs to download but can't get enough of the Ducati's and the audio sound. I love the Finland track and the Macau tracks, well in fact I enjoyed them all. IOM and Tenerife were so good down those straights. I actually prefer this much more than MotoGP now and this will be my go to bike game. 👍:P

Last edited:
Is there any chance we can get MotoGP 19 physics and handling mode in Ride 3?

Braking, traction under acceleration, masses...seem so arcade in Ride 3, which is a shame...

I dip into this time to time and every occasion I regret there is no way to turn down the steering sensitivity. I know the 851 Superbike is a relatively chunky, old beast and yet it saws from side to side on me as if it weighed next to nothing. I don't recall Ride 1 and 2 on the Xbox being this flighty, and it leaves me wondering if it's specific to the DS4 or they changed the physics quite markedly between the second and third game.

A shame, because it has a lot of my favourite bikes in it and Cadwell.

Last edited:
Ride 3_20190723160602.jpg
Ride 3_20190813203942_1.jpg
Ride 3_20190813204205_1.jpg
Ride 3_20190818102402.jpg
Ride 3_20190818102754.jpg
Ride 3_20190818103152.jpg
Ride 3_20190818104947.jpg
Ride 3_20190818105213.jpg
Ride 3_20190818110145.jpg
Ride 3_20190818110304.jpg
Ride 3_20190818110747.jpg