RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
Yes...the suspension it's the system used on the Bimota Tesi. The guys behing Vyrus, are the ones who developed the system for Bimota.
The frame is also unusual, made with carbon.
Ah i see. Yeah i noticed that on the bimota tesi 3d or something like that in ride1. I liked the bike, smooth. I tried the latest free dlc the ducati paul smart, smooth feeling bike too,nice fun.
Your vid still loading, i didn't even see at 1st that it's part of the latest paid dlc. I'll need get the season pass at somepoint. They make it hard not to, with so nice well made bikes in game.
Saw your vid,looks like a fun bike too.
Was bimota 1d es i thnk not 3d lol i meant.

Last edited:
Just trying the new bikes.
dlc-premium-9@2x_aac5befc.jpg
I only had time for one race with each bike last night, but they were all a lot of fun. The Vyrus is the most "extreme" of the bikes, but I think I liked the Benelli best. I especially loved that triple-cylinder sound.

Last edited:
I tried nurburing gp in rain and to me it looks fabulous in std ps4. Pretty clear and smooth image, cockpit in helmet view nice, rain effects look nice, cockpits and general lighting. And the sounds are thrilling, pretty natural and clear, better than any simlike game i tried almost. And for me it feels natural and real, most bikes i tried, even in the rain at nurburing with the yzfr61999 and the triumph streettwin in stock tires with all aids off even control calibration off, it feels simlike to me. And i did ride bikes in real for whatever it's worth, even if just on the streets, i did ride big and small sports bikes and less sporty bikes too, in dry, in wet and on painted lines etc. Feels good to me. And im surprised and thankfull how good it is especially its a niche game it seems still but a great quality bike game. The vids on utube don't do it justice, especially for sound.

Last edited:
So apparently the Benelli has a v-twin sound, not that of a triple. That is not the first mistake with sounds, nor the first instance of inappropriate recycling. FMod sound packages are also an abomination, makes modding difficult. Frustrating.

Just tried the weekly challenge so i can try the kawi zx7r ,1995 i thnk it is. Woo the sound in helmet view is great and believable to me, makes me giggle and grin haha. Maybe because i miss riding since long and reminds me when i rode my suzuki 1100. I keep crashing lol, i think i broke it,:D well i never tried the track and bike so i have an excuse at least haha but I'm starting to feel guilty for the poor rider crashing repeatedly.:nervous::lol: The sounds are especially nice once you're in 3rd gear and when you're let's say in 4th at 9000rpm and punch it.:D In ride1 you had to use your imagination a little to feel you're on a bike, but in ride3 i feel it for real, i love it.:D
The sounds, the feel, the helmet view and tuck-in and nice smooth graphics and tracks make it feel good and immersive.
I noticed a nice touch, that you need to change the oil lol, or your engine losses power. Also noticed the crowd sounds there's a guy saying awww i swear it's the same awww sound i heard in many games lol, i remember it from an old pc rally sim game from bugbear and jowood from 2001 rally trophy.:lol: One little thing i wished in the hud is make the scale of the track map bigger so you see more in advance where the next curve is when you're learning the track. Well that and a clutch.
I think i see why this game is poorly received and reviewed often compared to my impressions of it. I tried it in 3rd person and it's just not the same, even if still nice. The immersion though that you get and realistic feel comes from my using it in helmet view and the tuck-in.
Even the sound too is so much better in that view, real and immersive, especially with good headphones. Many sound good still in 3rd person but it's a different beast altogether in helmet view for sure. It makes me smirk a little though and dissapointed for the game and dev that many sites i think seem to have reviewed it with the 3rd person. Even the replay is much more impressive in helmet and gopro style cams.
Edit: tried the Agusta F3 675, felt like it simulated slipping the clutch when starting up in 1st gear, as should be. I wish all bikes did that.

Last edited:
Cool pic, a little unwise to look back doing that. They are pretty strict on the penalty for cutting the corners in fhe weekly challenge whew. Even just touching a blade of grass its over. Well it's better than if was too lenient i guess.

Tell me about it..... I've been doing TTs since completing the career and the margin for error is almost non-existent. The green run offs at Brands Hatch are verboten and I've watched laps at that place that have car and bikes running on them.

FYI the Magni Filo Rosso is a death trap, lol.

Tell me about it..... I've been doing TTs since completing the career and the margin for error is almost non-existent. The green run offs at Brands Hatch are verboten and I've watched laps at that place that have car and bikes running on them.

FYI the Magni Filo Rosso is a death trap, lol.
It's pretty frustrating for a while because i don't know the ulster course at all and it's long, fast and narrow with many subtle curves that you need to know when to start leaning at speed whew, and no usefull map or ideal line it takes a while to learn it. I did runs 20secs faster but invalidated cause of bruising 1 blade of grass almost. Not too easy in helmet view with no rewind and no aids. Well I'm not even at the point where im trying to maximize what the bike can do at all, and just trying to know when and where to ride my line. But it's so thrilling in helmet view, i feel with the sound of the zx7 and the course like in those vids of the TT isle of man vids hehe, i love it.

It's pretty frustrating for a while because i don't know the ulster course at all and it's long, fast and narrow with many subtle curves that you need to know when to start leaning at speed whew, and no usefull map or ideal line it takes a while to learn it. I did runs 20secs faster but invalidated cause of bruising 1 blade of grass almost. Not too easy in helmet view with no rewind and no aids. Well I'm not even at the point where im trying to maximize what the bike can do at all, and just trying to know when and where to ride my line. But it's so thrilling in helmet view, i feel with the sound of the zx7 and the course like in those vids of the TT isle of man vids hehe, i love it.
It's the same way in Time Trials....if you rewind it invalidates the lap so even if you have it on it makes no difference....you get half a tire off you're screwed. Which is frustrating when powering out of a corner on anything bigger than a 600 when you're on a ripper and ahead of you challengers time.......poof try again.

It's the same way in Time Trials....if you rewind it invalidates the lap so even if you have it on it makes no difference....you get half a tire off you're screwed. Which is frustrating when powering out of a corner on anything bigger than a 600 when you're on a ripper and ahead of you challengers time.......poof try again.
Hehe yeah, i thought i was done when i noticed the red oil sign meaning losing power but just needed out and go back into the challenge again to reset it phew. Are you sure it invalidates if rewind in weekly challenge cause i tried it at 1st and it seemed to not invalidate, maybe i didn't notice. Well it doesn't change anything for me, i feel its a cheat, but it makes it unfair if others use it, but then you can also use any aids or view so.. Just trying beat the times the devs set really. You did the whole career well youre way ahead of me at least, i just got ride3 a week ago at most, just doing few quick races and now trying this challcenge at 1st mostly to try out the zx7 for free hehe. I wish i could try it with a wheel, it'd be so easier to control your line corrections, sometimes i go off course even at low speed, well partly cause I'm not used to this track and lines and points to open up etc.

Last edited:
Oh not the weekly challenge...I've been doing time attack under quick modes. So even if rewind isn't turned off it invalidates your lap in that mode.

I've been doing that event by loading a PP group starting @ 0-160 and running my garage trying to see how far up the boards I can get for that map. It is a good way to learn the tracks since I have bought every bike, sorted by PP in the dealer, through the 601-720 class and am adding more every few attempts in order to have them all. Currently 267 of 288 so I'm close.

It pays out 1000 credits a lap so with the multiplyer I usually get right under 12k for 5 laps. Good practice and payout on smaller tracks, on Ulster or Green Hell, not so much, lol.

It's pretty frustrating for a while because i don't know the ulster course at all and it's long, fast and narrow with many subtle curves that you need to know when to start leaning at speed whew, and no usefull map or ideal line it takes a while to learn it. I did runs 20secs faster but invalidated cause of bruising 1 blade of grass almost.

I've actually seen many races at the Ulster track first hand, and I can tell you that the riders often hit quite more than a blade of grass, nor do they stick to the tarmac all the time. That's what makes it such an exciting event.

These guys, in real life, don't get their lap times invalidated, so the Time Trial thing in Ride 3 is a bit unrealistic. There should be some leeway to allow for a more realistic rugged style of riding. Penalties should just be imposed for falling off, crashing and cutting corners.

I've actually seen many races at the Ulster track first hand, and I can tell you that the riders often hit quite more than a blade of grass, nor do they stick to the tarmac all the time. That's what makes it such an exciting event.

These guys, in real life, don't get their lap times invalidated, so the Time Trial thing in Ride 3 is a bit unrealistic. There should be some leeway to allow for a more realistic rugged style of riding. Penalties should just be imposed for falling off, crashing and cutting corners.
Yeah it's really exagerated it seems, and it should be at your own risk if u try cut it a little too close while risking losing control especially if you ride with aids off, and there's not much space anyway to really cut most corners before you crash. The only thing is if they allow a little off the course then guys who ride with off-track aid would have an advantage. Well anyone using any other aids or easier view has an advantage i guess unless it slows the maximum potential of the bike. Must be fun to watch in real.

Edit: started the career mode, the ai lol is unbalanced it seems. I dont know but in just the 2nd icons 1st challenge on Nordschleiffe even if i set the ai to lowest they jump ahead in the start and i end up last lol. Its like they can slip the clutch but not me. Im on the street twin, almost stock, im sure they want you to upgrade to max each bike but its still the highest pp rated bike already. Seems you need to fully upgrade or find the magic bike.
In quick race i had fun even if some tracks the ai seems much slower.
Now i upgraded it spending more than half my credits and its faster but the ai seem faster too lol. Ooookk... Im setting a time 10 or more secs faster on a short challenge and the ai at lowest now also do 10secs faster times lol common. And the winning bike is a dlc of course hehe yeah ok. I just noticed you can check the profile of each opponent and there's an invite and list of games the guy has etc like a real person, am i messed up and playing onl lol.
Edit: this game is totally different in 3rd person. In helmet view it's a sim but you're stuck with a small joystick to try handle it. In 3rd person its soooo easier and relax, there's no comparison, it's nice and fun of course and much less frustrating for tt or challenges. But its unfair really in helmet, they need support wheels, it's a must have, you could use the clutch pedal for the rider itself, so when u let the pedal go he sits up, and you can brake. And keep the tuckin on same i guess on a button. But its so real thrilling immersive in helmet, helmet view being the 2nd selectable view in cockpit in case no clear to everyone, and satisfying to feel and get it right, and the sound with headphones too so much more real and immersive. It is stressing though lol and frustrating especially when in challenge with invalid off track penalties. That invalid lap penalty for barely touching the grass is really stressing, makes me sweat lol from worrying to be invalidated grr. It makes avoid trying to do a nice line and try stay in the middle of the road. I need forget the penalty and just do my lap.

Last edited:
Well... everyone talking about The Ulster challenge...so I decided to give it a try :-D

To be honest I lost some time just to memorize the track... I usually don't play this track at the game...but now I'm find it really challenging and fun!!

y4m9u8IBcv3WZ0mZhjP5nbz1Fc28PMIFhMPK8KTv4BVm63RxHM5yGbjlwp5COeEcHgDUi1ORklg375rokg7HrbSmvhR-eg9qC29hRZHyCD_2V6rcdEMJ49yWzasBJgkV1rkXZUBtEB9GvoAvCMmkBdfUXn8Uez5X4gq5KM9OsCQ7nxqitpKPiuaUHM5bUOu3fd5__x64ZiXMs_uF53gxPxrog

After finally being able to learn the track... :cool:
y4m6Nr6Mab0PVzBX2pkwJ2kQi2s-YtObKh6RjbjJ4B420E7qxZ9ba8gPwMCxnfeEX-G3DZSdaqEt6dRBDUheUulOTW3lKphxAjeEXpHIL_xZTvpzABmYSUokh-VyXeJnl3GT1E3rIobAbMJq7EJBIQeZQEGgoJbM0qzWMjhWl9cQrS8vsof-sgTNi5Ai0Q85PR9cuTDZ-4f10z2ZoceLh02vA

I'll upload 2 videos (outside view and inside view) , so it can help anyone who's interested in improving their time.

Last edited:
So much fiddling with the same upgrades for each bike just to try complete the career challenges to unlock all the bikes pff. I wish they designed this as a sim with all unlocked or at least in a more realistic career mode. Or just need earn credit in any way you like and can buy any bike. This is going to be a pain lol unless it gets better. Too bad they didn't update the a.i. to the motogp19 a.i. if it's really so much better, for now i can see it's fixed by the dev in a canned artificial way and challenge. Even at the lowest setting it's frustrating depending on the challenge or circuit. I didnt see any difference with balancing off or at ask each time.i never seen it ask.
Edit: noticed now the stutter when in 3rd person, much less noticable in helmet view. I wonder if its less than in motogp18 that @barryf1fan was mentioning, around Brands Hatch it happens a few times on the short track. It's too bad but not too game breaking, but in helmet you barely notice it.
@John Wells, i tried the aprilia rs125r 2stroke, it's a joy to ride, easy smooth, a nice looking bike really for such a small one.
I think even the physics maybe are softer when in 3rd person, cause it feels more forgiving at least for sure, and hard to match the same times in helmet, depending on the track and bike too. Maybe because you also see it slide in an exaggerated manner in 3rd, gives you more of a chance to react in time. But even when i feel i did as good a lap in helmet as in 3rd my time doesn't reflect that. Probably just the controls im guessing, being so much easier smooth in 3rd.
Edit: it's too bad you can't do custom championships. Or any championship, unless farther along in the career there is. Just tried the supermoto, its like another game in 1, nicely made too, like motocross on asphalt, i wish the tracks had more jumps amd faster jumps. Makes me want to try mxgp 2019 more. Really need adjust when from a race bike to that., not easy in helmet view but good real fun feel when jump.
Edit:
The a.i. my god lol they needed really more balancing, at Imola they are really slow in quick race, in some other tracks they are fast even on low settings. Too bad they didn't update the new a.i. of motogp19 if really better. Seems will have to wait and hope for ride4 for that. I wish they gave an update even if needed pay a small cost like a dlc for neural a.i. so we don't have to wait long and/or pay for ride4 just for a balancing that should be there from the start. Especially its a single player focused game with a long career and quick races.
Edit: just tried garda lake track, nice, feels like you're in a uncharted game:D. Well now i tried a few bikes and tracks i find less fun and believable, and less exciting sounds. Like the kawi zxr750 1989, on Nords in the rain, it sounds nice and feels good enough and smooth control in curves but seems too easy and fast in curve maybe, might be better after i upgrade the engine and keep stock tires.., compared to the Yam yzf 600 2000something at wet nurburing, i know the newer yzf performs alot more but still, i dont know. Can't be all perfect i guess, maybe ill wait for ride 4 instead of getting the season pass not sure. They need support wheels for precise control and it sounds and feels nice aore feel thru ffb, it be awesome to me, and feel more real and simlike still. If they could add dynamic time of day like in pcars2 it be nice too. And more real circuits like maybe world superbike tracks old and new. Kyalami in south africa, lemans, spa, old spa.. The tracks like macau and Cadwell they're too narrow and macau not clear, i prefer tracks more prepared for racing maybe, like Nords, even Nordschleife seems a little narrow and short in ride3 idk. Maybe cz the bikes accelerate so damn fast.

Last edited:
I've been playing this a lot more lately, working my way through the career ladder. Right now I'm stuck on the electric bike volume. There is a time attack around Lake Garda, and I can't even get within ten seconds of the gold medal time. What's frustrating is I can't see any real obvious mistakes I'm making. I'm riding smoothly, cleanly and quickly, and yet I'm so far off the pace.

Have they ever added the motorbike versions of places like Nurburgring and Monza?

· Nurburgring's motorbike version uses the N24 chicane instead of the F1 one.
· Monza has an easier faster first chicane.

Also, the name of the supermoto and non-supermoto versions of one of the tracks was wrong. The one with jumps was called "ground" or something along those lines.

I've been playing this a lot more lately, working my way through the career ladder. Right now I'm stuck on the electric bike volume. There is a time attack around Lake Garda, and I can't even get within ten seconds of the gold medal time. What's frustrating is I can't see any real obvious mistakes I'm making. I'm riding smoothly, cleanly and quickly, and yet I'm so far off the pace.
If you're on the volume I'm thinking of, I skipped that one until I unlocked the Lightning LS 218, which you get from one of the volumes toward the top of the ladder. I can vouch for the Lightning being able to pull it off.

If you're on the volume I'm thinking of, I skipped that one until I unlocked the Lightning LS 218, which you get from one of the volumes toward the top of the ladder. I can vouch for the Lightning being able to pull it off.
I have the Energica Ego. The other two are still locked. Thanks. I'll skip it and move on.

I did a naked bike volume last night. This is quickly becoming my main game. I love the variety of bikes in this game (although I'd love to see more cruisers.) The in-game photography has a lot of options, so it mystifies me why shutter speed is the one thing they didn't put in. Anyway, here's a pic of a BMW R NineT Racer. Has all the DLC now been released?

I did a naked bike volume last night. This is quickly becoming my main game. I love the variety of bikes in this game (although I'd love to see more cruisers.) The in-game photography has a lot of options, so it mystifies me why shutter speed is the one thing they didn't put in. Anyway, here's a pic of a BMW R NineT Racer. Has all the DLC now been released?
Hey there, no there's still some dlc coming each month. You can see it on the game's official site. Free and paid dlc as each time before. Even fhe free dlc is nice even if just 1 bike at a time. Last was ducati paul smart 1000 tribute bike, smooth nice to ride even in helmet view. Just hope they fix a mirror bug on it as the reflection in them is flipped sides. If i remember it ends in july. Looks like we're same age, glad im not only one here hehe.

Last edited:
I still cant access it, i looked in the storage installed dlc and its there. I was going to try delete it to try redownload it. Maybe it works if downloaded directly from the store instead of from the game.but no option to delete it.

1 thing that be good is if the tracks woulb be a little more bumpy like in pcars2. It would really add to the feel of each track and of the bike reacting to the road uneveness. They're a little too smooth like in gts.

1 thing that be good is if the tracks woulb be a little more bumpy like in pcars2. It would really add to the feel of each track and of the bike reacting to the road uneveness. They're a little too smooth like in gts.

That's one of the major things that turned me off GTS, it's like your driving on a slab of featureless marble, it doesn't feel like real race tracks at all compared to other racing games.

I have trouble sleeping. When I do my 26 miles in GTS I legit start nodding off, no idea why they make the road like glass.

I know. There are no bumps, no surface break up or repairs,hardly any tyre marks, no heavy rubber laid down in the braking corner entry & exits, just a polished surface, very sterile & bland. The only track that feels slightly bumpy to me is the Nurburgring & even then much less so than GT6. People say the graphics are much better than the Forza series but are they ? At least with Forza it feels like your on a living breathing race track along with all what I mentioned above including smoke from BBQs, birds flying etc etc.
But then again what do I know, I prefer rally games & I'm just starting to get interested in bike games.. :)

Latest Posts

Back