RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Which track did you drive the car on ? Could you describe more in detail ? Is it too pointy or oversteer all of a sudden ?
I drove it on the Nordschleife. The car was darting around very quickly, always sudden understeer. Braking from high speed would cause the weight to shift, making the handling somewhat akin to the R8 LMS Ultra Team Phoenix before applying your tune.

@NOSWaster:

Ridox never said it was a easy car... The car has a lot of grip hidden, its just a matter of making littles changes to the suspension. Also, if you like, please choose SS tyres for it. Im getting better results with it. For instance, in Silverstone GP, the Gallardo handles great... Just dont use a very agressive drive style... :D

Chat soon. :)

PS: Im testing at Bathurst right now, and the settings used on Silverstone are not working great...

Yep, I was beginning to see that being tentative was a good idea, but that's just a lot slower it seems, especially since if I made the tiniest mistake I'd end up looping it. Cresting hills was a bit profound, because I either got massive oversteer and spun off or got massive understeer and just "drove" off.

I really wish they would have made a flat floor for this car... that would probably solve this high-speed issue because of the large amount of downforce they provide. :lol:

I may have to make a special tune for Green Hell, for the Gallardo GT3 :lol:

I drove it on the Nordschleife. The car was darting around very quickly, always sudden understeer. Braking from high speed would cause the weight to shift, making the handling somewhat akin to the R8 LMS Ultra Team Phoenix before applying your tune.

Yep, I was beginning to see that being tentative was a good idea, but that's just a lot slower it seems, especially since if I made the tiniest mistake I'd end up looping it. Cresting hills was a bit profound, because I either got massive oversteer and spun off or got massive understeer and just "drove" off.

I really wish they would have made a flat floor for this car... that would probably solve this high-speed issue because of the large amount of downforce they provide. :lol:

It would seem the spring rate is too high for the track, lower both ends by exactly 2kg/mm increments and see how it goes. Lower initial LSD by 5 and acce + brake by 7 :D

Final test sessions feedback... :D

4) Bathurst (SS):

Pros:

- Excellent Speed
- Good Steering

Cons:

- Oversteer on acceleration (exiting corners) *1
- Braking Balance problem *2

*1 Applied the same values used on Silverstone GP. The car was giving a good response, but still something was missing... I had the feeling it could perform better. So, using the initial values of the tune (RSR=16.72 and Front ARB=4/4) did the following changes:

- RSR down by 0.15
- Front ARB up by 1

Immediately it changed, much smoother on exiting corner accel. and more rear grip. For me, just hit the spot... :D

*2 Important Note: The circuit has 2 big straights, perfectly capable of max out the car speed limit. One thing I noticed was when braking at the end of those straights, the brake pressure was all in the front, causing the car to loose rear aerodynamic support, so I made a change on brake balance (mainly because its a bumpy track):

- from 4/5 to 5/5

So, imo, these settings work great for my driving style...

5) Ascari (SS):

Pros:

ALL OK

Cons:

NONE

No need to change any of the original values from Ridox (imo). Maybe a little tweak on the RSR, but for me... :rolleyes:

Many Thanks for the great tune Ridox! 👍

Chat soon. :)

Thank you very much for a very detailed review, this is very useful for others who might have the same driving style :) The Gallardo GT3 requires softer rear springs for bumpy tracks.

@NOSWaster : Maybe cbarbosa spring and arb tweaks could work for you at Nordschleife :P I also wished the same as you for this car to have flat floor upgrade :) That would make it very quick and compete with 458 Italia.

I am researching Corvette C7R, not sure if the car can be replicated and drive well enough, but will keep look into it.

Thank you very much for a very detailed review, this is very useful for others who might have the same driving style :) The Gallardo GT3 requires softer rear springs for bumpy tracks.

No, thank you for all the help with my replicas. I have learned alot here... 👍

I am researching Corvette C7R, not sure if the car can be replicated and drive well enough, but will keep look into it.

This is going to be a tough mission... :scared:

EDIT: @Ridox2JZGTE - Some info on C7R... Might be usefull...

Last edited:
Thanks @cbarbosa for the C7R link, but I have made a base tune for it :) I used the C6R specs as starting point :D Slightly more powerful, similar weight.

Nürburgring Nordschleife_45.jpg

Will post it soon together with this baby that I tuned since 1.04, now it's the king of joy on SS and RH tire ( 550PP and 600PP )

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_54.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_53.jpg

No, its left hand drive... (check images link below)

Nissan GT-R from Fast & Furious 6 revealed

Note: @Ridox2JZGTE, @danbojte, @Pete05 and @Nomad67 - please check the video, the engine rev is :drool:...

I am not sure of the images that you're referring to as the link is broken, and you maybe right...However, I would just like to know one thing?.... How did the driver get out of the car?? For a vehicle that is left hand drive.. And if it were me driving my beater let alone a GTR... I would leave some room to get my ass out of the car and would park accordingly... He is parked consistent with a right hand drive vehicle. I drive RHD vehicles for as living...and I would have to be pretty stupid to park my drivers door up along side of a retaining wall whilst giving 3'-4' on the passenger side....just say'in.

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 '14 C7R Base Model
Early Build Replica ( NO Flat Floor ver. )

Special Build Replica of Corvette Stingray C7R Race Car
Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Nürburgring Nordschleife_46.jpg

CAR : Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 '14
Tire : Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 510 HP at 6300 RPM
Torque: 492.6 ft-lb at 4800 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1245 kg
Ballast : 15 kg
Ballast Position : -49
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 as in real life C6R
Performance Points: 557

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED in this build ) - MANDATORY-
Aero Kits Type B
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type B
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type A
Height -2 and Width +2
Wheels : Standard Size - BBS LM-R in Black Mica
Car Paint : Indy Yellow Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension -C7R Custom Coilover
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 95 95
Spring Rate: 17.00 18.00
Dampers (Compression): 6 5
Dampers (Extension): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 5
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( 0.00 all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - XTRAC 416 Sequential 6 Speed
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.020
Set Auto Max Speed to 280kmh / 174mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
7th 0.660 ( IGNORE - for authenticity )
Final Gear : 2.800 ( adjust to track if necessary, recommended final 3.000, 3.300 and 3.700 )

LSD - 1.5 Way High Preload
Initial Torque : 27
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 13

AERO
Rear = 20 (MAX)

Brake Balance:
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/5, for ABS 1 5/5 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

C7R, the latest Corvette race car, based on very limited information from press release and preview, I made this early version replica. Specs of the real car only mention it has the same engine size as C6R with improved fuel economy and improved chassis rigidity as well as aerodynamics.

I used whatever power figure on NO oil change C7 with racing exhaust and exhaust manifold to give slight boost of torque over real C6R figure. 510HP and 492+ torque, with similar weight as C6R at 1245kg and 51/49 weight distribution.

Suspension has been tweaked for optimum balance, the car drives relatively easy with excellent mechanical grip. Spring are stiff at 17kg/18kg for racing tire fitment and will still drive well on sports tire.

LSD is 1.5 way, giving great turn in response and good traction on exit.

The car was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP, Bathurst and Nordschleife.

Let me know if it needs any improvements.

ENJOY :cheers:

550PP version ( NO Flat Floor )

Special Build Replica of Corvette Stingray C7R Race Car 550PP

Specs
Horsepower: 481 HP at 5400 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.3%
Performance Points: 550

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Aero Kits Type B
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type A
Height -2 and Width +2

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Front, Rear

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - XTRAC 416 Sequential 7 Speed version for 550PP
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.020
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
7th 0.830
Final Gear : 3.000 ( adjust to track if necessary, recommended final 2.800, 3.000, 3.300 and 3.700 )

AERO
Rear = 20 (MAX)

Brake Balance:
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/5, for ABS 1 5/5 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
C7R, the latest Corvette race car, based on very limited information from press release and preview, I made this early version replica. Specs of the real car only mention it has the same engine size as C6R with improved fuel economy and improved chassis rigidity as well as aerodynamics.

This is 550PP special build version.

I used whatever power figure on NO oil change C7 with racing exhaust and exhaust manifold to give slight boost of torque over real C6R figure. To fit into 550PP, engine power has been limited to 481HP with the same 492+ torque. The C7R has similar weight as C6R at 1245kg and 51/49 weight distribution.

Suspension has been tweaked for optimum balance, the car drives relatively easy with excellent mechanical grip. Spring are stiff at 17kg/18kg for racing tire fitment and will still drive well on sports tire.

The car was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP, Bathurst and Nordschelife.

550PP version ( NO Flat Floor )

Special Build Replica of Corvette Stingray C7R Race Car 550PP

Specs
Horsepower: 481 HP at 5400 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.3%

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Aero Kits Type B
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type A
Height -2 and Width +2

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Front, Rear

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - XTRAC 416 Sequential 7 Speed version for 550PP
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.020
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
7th 0.830
Final Gear : 3.000 ( adjust to track if necessary, recommended final 2.800, 3.000, 3.300 and 3.700 )

AERO
Rear = 20 (MAX)

Brake Balance:

Notes :

This is 550PP special build version.

I used whatever power figure on NO oil change C7 with racing exhaust and exhaust manifold to give slight boost of torque over real C6R figure. To fit into 550PP, engine power has been limited to 481HP with the same 492+ torque. The C7R has similar weight as C6R at 1245kg and 51/49 weight distribution.

The car was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP, Bathurst and Nordschelife.

So many tunes, so little time :indiff:
Added to the 'to do' list :cheers:

So many tunes, so little time :indiff:
Added to the 'to do' list :cheers:

LOL, I am on it right now :D...I am running on Tsukuba, have had to make some minor tweaks to the "Early Bird" version, I had to run the final gear to 3:55's and bring down the Initial Torque to 22, gained a about a sec. Running the SS, will try with the RH's soon. ITs a nice build, though I am just in the low 58's....lots of torque with this car.

I am not sure of the images that you're referring to as the link is broken, and you maybe right...However, I would just like to know one thing?.... How did the driver get out of the car?? For a vehicle that is left hand drive.. And if it were me driving my beater let alone a GTR... I would leave some room to get my ass out of the car and would park accordingly... He is parked consistent with a right hand drive vehicle. I drive RHD vehicles for as living...and I would have to be pretty stupid to park my drivers door up along side of a retaining wall whilst giving 3'-4' on the passenger side....just say'in.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/01/19/fast-and-furious-6-blue-nissan-r35-gt-r/

CIZETA-MORODER V16T '94 550PP Track Monster

Special Build of Cizeta V16T 550PP Track Monster
Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_36.jpg

CAR : CIZETA V16T '94
Tire : Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 521 HP at 7100 RPM
Torque: 547.3 ft-lb at 5000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 87.9%
Weight: 1319 kg
Ballast : 1 kg
Ballast Position : 40
Weight Distribution : 41 / 59 as stock

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Aero Kits Type A
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Rosso Monza ( from Ferrari 599 '06 )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension -KONI Race Springs and Damper Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 60 60
Spring Rate: 15.00 15.50
Dampers (Compression): 6 4
Dampers (Extension): 7 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 6
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.00

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Custom 5 Speed Close ratio
Install all power parts
Set Default
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.000
2nd 2.000
3rd 1.500
4th 1.200
5th 1.000
Final Gear : 3.300 or 3.700 ( adjust to track if necessary, recommended final 3.000, 3.300 and 3.700 )

LSD - 2 Way ZF High Preload 45% Lock
Initial Torque : 46
Braking Sensitivity: 27

AERO
Front = 0 ( Fixed )
Rear = 200 ( Fixed )

Brake Balance:
3/2 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/2, for ABS 1 3/3 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I have own both street Cizeta V16T and the 15th Anniversary since 1.00. I used this one for arcade races at Bathurst in the rain, 30% water on track on comfort medium ( stock ). It was the best experience for me, so much fun and exciting battling Saleen S7, Nissan GTR, Ferrari GTO and Ferrari F430 :D

Back in 1.04, I tuned this for racing tire, it was slow progress with so many things need to be improved. I spent some more laps on my spare time for a few weeks, after about 50-100km driving, I finally feel this car is worthy to be shared :)

I set for 550PP for 1st level. For PP limit racing, lighter weight is paramount, so I reduced the weight to 1319kg. Power is at 520+HP, not really much as the car has immense torque, an aspect that easily bump up PP.

The most important part in building this Cizeta is suspension and LSD. The stock behavior is really bad for cornering at any pace higher than traffic :lol:.

So, I installed body rigidity as I also planned to fit racing tire on it :P, Stiffer springs all around, the ratio is balanced to give good grip around corners. My method is different than most tuners who tuned the Cizeta, but fear not, the car should drive much better from comfort soft to racing hard.

Every part of suspension is fine tuned to help the car around entry and mid corner, while the LSD is optimized for transition from mid to exit. The traction balance between left and right wheel is very crucial for this car as it has transverse heavy engine above the driving wheel. A high initial torque LSD is the order of the day, with a value just above the limit, any below the car might easily break traction.

For gearing, I used simple close ratio setup, the 3.300 final is for high speed track ( SSR7 ) and it will reach 320kmh. While the 3.700 final is for tracks like Silverstone GP, Bathurst, Brands Hatch GP, and Tsukuba.

The car was tuned and tested at Ascari, Bathurst, Tsukuba, Silverstone GP, Brand Hatch GP, and SSR7.

I have an alternate setup with slightly different weight distribution 42/58, I read somewhere long ago that the Cizeta V16T has 42/58 weight distribution instead the stock GT6 at 41/59. Will need confirmation :)

Early Build Replica ( NO Flat Floor ver. )

Special Build Replica of Corvette Stingray C7R Race Car

Specs
Horsepower: 510 HP at 6300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Performance Points: 557

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Aero Kits Type B
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type A
Height -2 and Width +2

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Front, Rear

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - XTRAC 416 Sequential 6 Speed
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.020
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
7th 0.660 ( IGNORE - for authenticity )
Final Gear : 2.800 ( adjust to track if necessary, recommended final 3.000, 3.300 and 3.700 )

AERO
Rear = 20 (MAX)

Brake Balance:

Notes :

I used whatever power figure on NO oil change C7 with racing exhaust and exhaust manifold to give slight boost of torque over real C6R figure. 510HP and 492+ torque, with similar weight as C6R at 1245kg and 51/49 weight distribution.

The car was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP, Bathurst and Nordschleife.

Ok, i've tried the 'vette at my test tracks (eiger and Monza). It has a good top speed (300 km/h) and at Monza put Times similar to the blancpain cars. At eiger it's far slower than blancpain's (over 1 second) and sometimes it slide out even in fast corners (like the very fast "S" after the tunnel) and, in both tracks, the front end feels very heavy, but probably it's because of "strange" weight distribution. However, even if i haven't tried, i think that the flat floor will be a good improvement :)

Ok, i've tried the 'vette at my test tracks (eiger and Monza). It has a good top speed (300 km/h) and at Monza put Times similar to the blancpain cars. At eiger it's far slower than blancpain's (over 1 second) and sometimes it slide out even in fast corners (like the very fast "S" after the tunnel) and, in both tracks, the front end feels very heavy, but probably it's because of "strange" weight distribution. However, even if i haven't tried, i think that the flat floor will be a good improvement :)

The real C6R has 51/49, which also transferred to C6 ZR1 specs, I read the C7R uses the same chassis with improved rigidity. So, I used that :)

For the heavy feeling and slide out on high speed corners, you can lower LSD initial to 22 like @Nomad67 did and maybe also lower the accel to 22 as well :)

I will make a flat floor version in the future.

Have you tried the Cizeta ? The car is not a bad dog anymore :P

I've tried a fast mod, putting the ballast all way back and at middle, the feeling is much better, lap times improved by near a second, but I've tried only for 5 minutes... Tomorrow I'll try nomad mods and maybe also the cizeta, I'm amazed by that piece of engineering :D putting two Lamborghini v8 together is a magnificent idea!!:D:D:lol:

@Ridox2JZGTE:

Good sir, a small question regarding the 550PP C7R:

Im testting it at Silverstone GP and with the changes bellow managed to squeeze a lot more grip (in SS) out of it:

RSR down by 1.00 (from 18.00 to 17.00)
Rear ARB down by 1 (from 5 to 4)

My question is: Despite managed to get a lot of more grip, what can be done to remove the small rotation due to these changes?

Many thanks. Chat soon. :)

@Ridox2JZGTE:

Good sir, a small question regarding the 550PP C7R:

Im testting it at Silverstone GP and with the changes bellow managed to squeeze a lot more grip (in SS) out of it:

RSR down by 1.00 (from 18.00 to 17.00)
Rear ARB down by 1 (from 5 to 4)

My question is: Despite managed to get a lot of more grip, what can be done to remove the small rotation due to these changes?

Many thanks. Chat soon. :)

There will always be compromise when tuning a car, and then driving style also gets into play. Lowering both RSR and rear ARB made the rear tires slower to respond and have less rotation, you still can gain what's lost back by adjusting LSD, the initial and accel are high on 27, you can lower both, then set the rear toe to neutral 0.00.

I made the C7R tune to work on both sports and racing tire, the changes you made might not always work on racing tire :) There's a distinct difference between SS and RH, you can easily notice it on a car like Cizeta V16T that I posted. On that car, I tuned it to work from comfort tire all the way to racing tire.

There will always be compromise when tuning a car, and then driving style also gets into play. Lowering both RSR and rear ARB made the rear tires slower to respond and have less rotation, you still can gain what's lost back by adjusting LSD, the initial and accel are high on 27, you can lower both, then set the rear toe to neutral 0.00.

I made the C7R tune to work on both sports and racing tire, the changes you made might not always work on racing tire :) There's a distinct difference between SS and RH, you can easily notice it on a car like Cizeta V16T that I posted. On that car, I tuned it to work from comfort tire all the way to racing tire.

👍 TY!

Thats why I do separate setings sheets for the cars. Right now im focused on SS, the changes I posted are working for these tyres. After feeling that the car suits to my driving style, I create a new sheet with your settings and start making new tests.

As a direct result I always have 2 or 3 different settings on the car (if necessary I use another car... :D)

Many thanks for the tips. Chat soon. :)

I've tried a fast mod, putting the ballast all way back and at middle, the feeling is much better, lap times improved by near a second, but I've tried only for 5 minutes... Tomorrow I'll try nomad mods and maybe also the cizeta, I'm amazed by that piece of engineering :D putting two Lamborghini v8 together is a magnificent idea!!:D:D:lol:

Well further testing has revealed that....this thing is a pig! It really doesn't want to turn at all. I've tried all sorts of tweaks and its a gain here, but lose somewhere else sorta thing. This car is really heavy up front, feels like I am trying to steer an elephant. Its also very fragile, one little mistake and...HELLO :nervous:, you're eating barrier.

It reminds me of watching someone testing water with their toes before a swim, dipping them in only to find out the water is freezing then jerking them out. Well, that's how it feels on Nordschleife. I dunno maybe I am expecting too much from this car, but early results on a clean run show's me running in the 7:30's with SS tires. As for Tsukuba, I am in the low 58's, and maybe able to get myself into mid 57's if I am lucky. As was stated turn down the LSD settings in the Initial Torque and the Accel Sensitivity. I am also trying to soften up the rear end a little to see where that bring me. I think I will have to break down and install the flat floor for Nordschleife and see what happens.

I'm testing the C7R at Tsukuba, SS tire, 550PP version, basically the same as the replica with limiter = 481HP and low final at 3.000 ( slow acceleration ). Did 58.0xs on warm up lap and 57.025 on 2nd lap - I used 4/4 BB. The car does feel tight compared to RH tire, if I made this looser on SS, the tune won't work well on RH tire :(

I tried again with different BB, 4/3 and 1st lap 56.8xxs then another go 56.5s. Looks like I have to adjust some things to make it easier to turn with ABS 1 :P

LSD initial and accel at 20, while brake at 5, rear toe at 0.00 ( neutral ), lower rear spring rate to 17.00 and lower rear ARB at 4 ( thanks to @cbarbosa ), as the spring rate at the rear is lower, damper will have to be adjusted too, lower rear compression to 4. Its easier to steer and should be better on bumpy tracks:) Tested the changes at Tsukuba and Nordschleife.

I'm trying the changes (at eiger) and I've gained some tenths, but only after over ten/fifteen laps, and now I'm near the time that I've done moving the ballast (only two laps done with this mod). The feeling it's a bit better, but sometimes at high speed turns it slide out without a reason:(. I think that a flat floor is mandatory.

I'm trying the changes (at eiger) and I've gained some tenths, but only after over ten/fifteen laps, and now I'm near the time that I've done moving the ballast (only two laps done with this mod). The feeling it's a bit better, but sometimes at high speed turns it slide out without a reason:(. I think that a flat floor is mandatory.

May I suggest to lower the LSD initial again, 15 perhaps :) I will definitely make flat floor version, will need to find more time :lol:

May I suggest to lower the LSD initial again, 15 perhaps :) I will definitely make flat floor version, will need to find more time :lol:
I think that in the next days I'll try the flat floor, so maybe you can have some info on behavior ;)

I'm testing the C7R at Tsukuba, SS tire, 550PP version, basically the same as the replica with limiter = 481HP and low final at 3.000 ( slow acceleration ). Did 58.0xs on warm up lap and 57.025 on 2nd lap - I used 4/4 BB. The car does feel tight compared to RH tire, if I made this looser on SS, the tune won't work well on RH tire :(

I tried again with different BB, 4/3 and 1st lap 56.8xxs then another go 56.5s. Looks like I have to adjust some things to make it easier to turn with ABS 1 :P

LSD initial and accel at 20, while brake at 5, rear toe at 0.00 ( neutral ), lower rear spring rate to 17.00 and lower rear ARB at 4 ( thanks to @cbarbosa ), as the spring rate at the rear is lower, damper will have to be adjusted too, lower rear compression to 4. Its easier to steer and should be better on bumpy tracks:) Tested the changes at Tsukuba and Nordschleife.

Great, will giv'er a try...I found the RH actually worse on Nordschleife, it actually made me loose if that makes any sense:confused:. I did not try the RH on Tsukuba but will give it a try....will get into my gaming chair see if that helps :lol:. I am a big fan of your tunes but for me this Vette, well I am just not feeling it. I expected much better...but if you're getting approx the same times as me.... I dunno, what do you think? Maybe I am just expecting too much out of this car. On Nordschleife if it wasn't for the sheer power, my times would've been much slower. In the right hands, I believe this car will get into the 6 minute mark.

I know you're gonna do a build for the flat floor, but just for fun I am gonna through the flat floor on and see how it does on the Ring.BB of 8/7,...you say to bring is down to 4/4 :eek: shouldn't that in theory give me less stopping power?? What the rational?

Great, will giv'er a try...I found the RH actually worse on Nordschleife, it actually made me loose if that makes any sense:confused:. I did not try the RH on Tsukuba but will give it a try....will get into my gaming chair see if that helps :lol:. I am a big fan of your tunes but for me this Vette, well I am just not feeling it. I expected much better...but if you're getting approx the same times as me.... I dunno, what do you think? Maybe I am just expecting too much out of this car. On Nordschleife if it wasn't for the sheer power, my times would've been much slower. In the right hands, I believe this car will get into the 6 minute mark.

I know you're gonna do a build for the flat floor, but just for fun I am gonna through the flat floor on and see how it does on the Ring.BB of 8/7,...you say to bring is down to 4/4 :eek: shouldn't that in theory give me less stopping power?? What the rational?

I tuned the Vette to have tight handling to make it safer and good on longer races :) The C7R is quick eve on 550PP, the Cizeta on 550PP with RH tire managed 55s at Tsukuba, so C7 with SS capable of 56s is not slow :P

I used lower BB 4/4 then 4/3 ( better ), as I don't use ABS, and with racing brakes on, I can still easily lock the wheels with more than 50% brake force on lower speed.

Not all car will do well without flat floor help, the Camaro SS GT3 was an exception, that car was blessed with good handling even when stock :lol:

I tuned the Vette to have tight handling to make it safer and good on longer races :) The C7R is quick eve on 550PP, the Cizeta on 550PP with RH tire managed 55s at Tsukuba, so C7 with SS capable of 56s is not slow :P

I used lower BB 4/4 then 4/3 ( better ), as I don't use ABS, and with racing brakes on, I can still easily lock the wheels with more than 50% brake force on lower speed.

Not all car will do well without flat floor help, the Camaro SS GT3 was an exception, that car was blessed with good handling even when stock :lol:

Ahh, ok, yeah, I am using the controller and 1 ABS...so you think with using the ABS the higher BB is better and ok to use? So yeah, maybe its just me then wanting more out of the car. Yes that Camaro was sweet loved that set up. Well I will give the flat floor a try and see. I'm thinking that it might help settle the car done on the Ring, especially at speed. Any tuning suggestion for the Ring that you think might help?

Ahh, ok, yeah, I am using the controller and 1 ABS...so you think with using the ABS the higher BB is better and ok to use? So yeah, maybe its just me then wanting more out of the car. Yes that Camaro was sweet loved that set up. Well I will give the flat floor a try and see. I'm thinking that it might help settle the car done on the Ring, especially at speed. Any tuning suggestion for the Ring that you think might help?

You can use higher BB, use the values that works best for you, with ABS 1, you can put more rear brake with minimal side effects.

For the ring, you can use the changes that I posted above, lower rear spring rate at 17.00, lower rear ARB at 4, neutral rear toe, lower LSD, and rear damper compression to 4. If you find the car still bounce, lower both spring to 15kg/mm :)

The C7R will still evolve in the future, as I have more info the real car. The tune will be updated again soon, as I will put more lap testing it.

Back