RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Hi Ridox2JZGTE,

Thanks for your prompt response. It seems I'm a careless but brutal driver :sly:.

My playground is mainly in Ascari for quite a while. Tire would be SM or SH. Sometimes I do forget to keep a little throttle during the turning, but the consequences bother me less. Sometimes I'm too impatient - maybe jump on the gas pedal too soon, and this bothers me much more.

My major problems are:
  1. Exit of low speed corner -- I usually start applying gas around apex, and gradually squeezing it deeper. Much of the time I can sense the threshold of traction and keep a proper rotation when maintaining max allowable acceleration, but sometimes the rear tires let go suddenly.
  2. Mid-corner throttle control for those mid to high speed bends, in the range of 130~200 km/h -- very much throttle can be used in such cases. Then again, sometimes I just misjudge and too much torque causing too much rotation and finally slip.
  3. Once the tail steps out, it's hard (and mostly impossible) to save. I can't find a tune to overcome the huge inertia of its big ass. When the tail decides to let go, it's gone. It seems the only way to deal with this is prevention, not fighting against it when it already happened. However some other cars can have much better 'adjustability' mid-corner (NSX for example), larger window of maneuver near limit. That is so enjoyable. I wish I can find a tune to make this car behave like that, but fail.
As to the tune, I keep the high intial torque in LSD, and reduce the accel/decel to as low as 8/16. It seems positive for my needs, but I've not found the sweet spot, yet. And in the latest trial, I use ABR as low as 3/2. It's OK to ride on the curbs one side.

I'd be more than happy to know your furthur thoughts. :)

Im not sure, the info avaliable is not much, but this car was severe limited by FIA GT3...

@Vary

New changes:

Windows WR
carbon Hood BColour
Weight Red Stage 1

Weight: 1240Kg
Ballast : 27Kg
Ballast Position : +40%
Weight Distribution : 43/57 (based on road car WD 42/57)

👍 TY!

EDIT: Found the gearbox manufacturer (XTRAC 1007 SUPERCAR TRANSVERSE SYNCHROMESH GEARBOx) but no gear ratios...:grumpy:

This afternoon I'll try this changes, however the car at this moment is fantastic, handles very well even in racing tyres (with camber at 0.2/0.2) and at the eiger it goes way faster than the 'vette, which has more power and less weight. Now I think that the problem with the vette is engine position...

Hi Ridox2JZGTE,

Thanks for your prompt response. It seems I'm a careless but brutal driver :sly:.

My playground is mainly in Ascari for quite a while. Tire would be SM or SH. Sometimes I do forget to keep a little throttle during the turning, but the consequences bother me less. Sometimes I'm too impatient - maybe jump on the gas pedal too soon, and this bothers me much more.

My major problems are:
  1. Exit of low speed corner -- I usually start applying gas around apex, and gradually squeezing it deeper. Much of the time I can sense the threshold of traction and keep a proper rotation when maintaining max allowable acceleration, but sometimes the rear tires let go suddenly.
  2. Mid-corner throttle control for those mid to high speed bends, in the range of 130~200 km/h -- very much throttle can be used in such cases. Then again, sometimes I just misjudge and too much torque causing too much rotation and finally slip.
  3. Once the tail steps out, it's hard (and mostly impossible) to save. I can't find a tune to overcome the huge inertia of its big ass. When the tail decides to let go, it's gone. It seems the only way to deal with this is prevention, not fighting against it when it already happened. However some other cars can have much better 'adjustability' mid-corner (NSX for example), larger window of maneuver near limit. That is so enjoyable. I wish I can find a tune to make this car behave like that, but fail.
As to the tune, I keep the high intial torque in LSD, and reduce the accel/decel to as low as 8/16. It seems positive for my needs, but I've not found the sweet spot, yet. And in the latest trial, I use ABR as low as 3/2. It's OK to ride on the curbs one side.

I'd be more than happy to know your furthur thoughts. :)

I will need some time to drive it at Ascari :) Looks like it will need lower spring rate at the rear, give me some time, my last play session was cut short, and I haven't got the chance to post the Vantage GT3 and R34 FF4 :( Hopefully I can play some more in the next 24 hours and post them and drive the Amuse R34 and Cizeta.

Meanwhile you can try this @LS Chiou, an alternate setup I had when in early phase of build :

RH 60/60
SR 15.00 / 14.00
Dampers (comp) 6 / 4
Dampers (ext) 7 / 4
ARB 5/4
Camber 0.02/0.02 ( zero for max grip )
Toe -0.07/0.00

LSD : 46/20/20

You can use your own ARB and LSD for comparison, see which one you like, it should drive better at Ascari - I tested at the track when in early tuning phase.
I have one for you that I need your help with. Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04. This car is somewhat of a mystery in that there is surprisingly not much out there about this car. I used it in GT5 at little but even in GT5 there was very little available re tunes.

So I thought maybe you'd enjoy this challenge. I think its a beautiful car and is really underrated/used.

Now, from the little I've used it I recall it being a little hard to get settled down. Being a strictly rear wheel drive there seems to be lots of power wanting to throw out the ass end when powering out of the turn like on Tsukuba. So a good LSD/suspension and tranny set up would be awesome and much appreciated.

If I am not asking too much here, could you please tune this so we can use it for Nordschleife as well as Tsukuba. Really anything you can provide on this car will be great. Thanks in advance.

Here are my current settings. I am running at Tsukuba making 56.8xx

PP 555
HP 594
Ft-lb 42o

Tires. RH

Brakes. Racing 7/6 1ABS

Suspension

RH 60/60
SR 10.70/9.00
Dampers (comp) 6/8
Dampers (ext) 5/8
ARB 5/3
Camber 1.00/0.00
Toe 0.00/0.10

Tans..Fully Custom to track

Drivetrain

10/15/10

Power

Standard

Body

Downforce

I did a few laps with the car at Tsukuba, SS tire, stock power no oil change. The main key to make this car drive well is in gear ratio. You need to have the 1st 4 gears to shift and rev at just over 6k rpm on gear down or up, lower than this, the torque will easily overwhelm the rear tires even on SS. I got 57.222 on SS 555PP at Tsukuba. The car needs to be in above 6k rpm at all times, and some partial throttle necessary.

I used similar spring rate arrangement as NISMO S tune Coilover for R34 GTR. Slightly higher rear and very close ratio and suspension + LSD tuning :

RH 65/65
SR 8.00/10.00
Dampers (comp) 5/3
Dampers (ext) 6/2
ARB 5/5
Camber 0.00/0.00
Toe 0.07/0.00

Transmission : -- SHIFT POINT at close to 10K RPM.
Set to custom, use default top speed.
Use Default final
Set each gear :
1st 3.300
2nd 2.380
3rd 1.877
4th 1.477
5th 1.180
6th 0.970
Set final to 4.400 for Tsukuba, set to 3.550 for Nordschleife

LSD

57/20/20

AERO :
Rear : 110

Standard brakes with 6/4 BB

I used high preload LSD to lock both rear wheels, so when it break traction, it will be both wheels and it's rarely happen, unless accelerating from below 6k rpm on full throttle. Try to maintain minimum steering input when on full throttle on exit :)

Last edited:
I will need some time to drive it at Ascari :) Looks like it will need lower spring rate at the rear, give me some time, my last play session was cut short, and I haven't got the chance to post the Vantage GT3 and R34 FF4 :( Hopefully I can play some more in the next 24 hours and post them and drive the Amuse R34 and Cizeta.

Meanwhile you can try this @LS Chiou, an alternate setup I had when in early phase of build :

RH 60/60
SR 15.00 / 14.00
Dampers (comp) 6 / 4
Dampers (ext) 7 / 4
ARB 5/4
Camber 0.02/0.02 ( zero for max grip )
Toe -0.07/0.00

LSD : 46/20/20

You can use your own ARB and LSD for comparison, see which one you like, it should drive better at Ascari - I tested at the track when in early tuning phase.

I did a few laps with the car at Tsukuba, SS tire, stock power no oil change. The main key to make this car drive well is in gear ratio. You need to have the 1st 4 gears to shift and rev at just over 6k rpm on gear down or up, lower than this, the torque will easily overwhelm the rear tires even on SS. I got 57.222 on SS 555PP at Tsukuba. The car needs to be in above 6k rpm at all times, and some partial throttle necessary.

I used similar spring rate arrangement as NISMO S tune Coilover for R34 GTR. Slightly higher rear and very close ratio and suspension + LSD tuning :

RH 65/65
SR 8.00/10.00
Dampers (comp) 5/3
Dampers (ext) 6/2
ARB 5/5
Camber 0.00/0.00
Toe 0.07/0.00

Transmission : -- SHIFT POINT at close to 10K RPM.
Set to custom, use default top speed.
Use Default final
Set each gear :
1st 3.300
2nd 2.380
3rd 1.877
4th 1.477
5th 1.180
6th 0.970
Set final to 4.400 for Tsukuba, set to 3.550 for Nordschleife

LSD

57/20/20

AERO :
Rear : 110

Standard brakes with 6/4 BB

I used high preload LSD to lock both rear wheels, so when it break traction, it will be both wheels and it's rarely happen, unless accelerating from below 6k rpm on full throttle. Try to maintain minimum steering input when on full throttle on exit :)

Wow a 57 initial torque?? OK.. I will give it a try. I think your tranny will help immensely. Once past the tire I found my self short shifting straight up through the gears to keep the tires from melting. I love this car though and I think it has amazing potential. Thanks again. Will give it a try and report.

Last edited:
Wow a 57 initial torque?? OK.. I will give it a try. I think your tranny will help immensely. Thanks again. Will give it a try and report.

Yep 57, similar to Cizeta, the high initial actually helped the rear wheels stay in control :) I drove the tune for half a lap at Nordschleife, feels good, just needs some partial throttle on 2nd and 3rd gear corner exit.

Yep 57, similar to Cizeta, the high initial actually helped the rear wheels stay in control :) I drove the tune for half a lap at Nordschleife, feels good, just needs some partial throttle on 2nd and 3rd gear corner exit.

Crap I am at work..can't wait to try these settings. I will also run it in Nordschleife. For some reason it gives me that sleeper feel and look.

This afternoon I'll try this changes, however the car at this moment is fantastic, handles very well even in racing tyres (with camber at 0.2/0.2) and at the eiger it goes way faster than the 'vette, which has more power and less weight. Now I think that the problem with the vette is engine position...

👍 Did you noticed if with RH tyres the grip is affected? With 0.2/0.2 in SS has the same grip? For me, right now, the 0.0/0.0 camber is working great on bumpy and flat tracks...

I've tried camber at 0.2 only with rh (just to try, seeing that in all gt3 tune Ridox2JZGTE does this:lol:), and only that camber. However, even if with ss it's very grippy, I didn't expect this (I always drive with rh with these cars, so probably it's like the others)! If I had to make a critic the car is a bit understeering at high speed, but probably it's only because of the heavy weight :D

Ps: it's right to say "make a critic"? :confused:

0.2 camber is a trademark :lol: I used that when tuning and testing, so I will try to get best out of a car with less grip :lol: should have used 1.0 :P

Wished I could make all pay :lol: The camber is just placeholder :lol:, in the end anyone can use whatever camber they want :P

That's interesting: you use that camber on all your cars, or you set it depending on the car? Because I've heard that more camber gives more grip in turns but less on straight (and the heat is not uniform, but not in gt6:lol:), but you recommend no camber for max grip:confused:

That's interesting: you use that camber on all your cars, or you set it depending on the car? Because I've heard that more camber gives more grip in turns but less on straight (and the heat is not uniform, but not in gt6:lol:), but you recommend no camber for max grip:confused:

Zero camber = max possible grip. I used 0.2 for placeholder ( the camber I used for tuning ), while on certain replicas with real world setup, like ADVOX Supra, NSXs, they used real life camber value. I know that these will reduce grip, but I tuned the rest to get the best out of it. Of course, anyone can use zero even on these real world setup replica, it's their car, their choice :)

My Paul Walker R34 will have real life camber as well :)

In gt5 camber used to be used in most builds but not in GT6. Moreover not sure if you've come across this yet....the same car you can not use the same set up...even though the car is the same...but what's more interesting is that I've seen let's say in the suspension set up...spring rate ranges have changed considerable even though its the exact same car.

In gt5 camber used to be used in most builds but not in GT6. Moreover not sure if you've come across this yet....the same car you can not use the same set up...even though the car is the same...but what's more interesting is that I've seen let's say in the suspension set up...spring rate ranges have changed considerable even though its the exact same car.
Yeah, I know that gt6 is different from gt5, but I was talking about real life, and if you take formula 1 as example, in camera car with thermal cameras you can see the the tyre is heated not uniformly because of the camber, that usually in racing cars is high, so I was wondering if the use of so little camber is because of gt6 or a personal preference ;)

Yeah, I know that gt6 is different from gt5, but I was talking about real life, and if you take formula 1 as example, in camera car with thermal cameras you can see the the tyre is heated not uniformly because of the camber, that usually in racing cars is high, so I was wondering if the use of so little camber is because of gt6 or a personal preference ;)

Yeah... I don't quite get it either...if you watch most road course races you see a range from mild to some pretty extreme camber. Even that Camaro (forget the team) that that Ridox just did for us....watching the video on that car there is obviously are fair amount of camber used....but in GT6 using that kind of camber adjustment slows us down....for sure a head scratcher.

Hey Ridox, also the toe of your tunes is (quite) always the same! :lol: Another trademark? :lol: I've heard that the toe is used to "correct" small imperfections in the tune, is it true?

Hey Ridox, also the toe of your tunes is (quite) always the same! :lol: Another trademark? :lol: I've heard that the toe is used to "correct" small imperfections in the tune, is it true?

The toes are only for smoothing things out, gives a little response on the front with toe out ( -0.07 for example ), and gives stability at the rear with toe in ( 0.07 ), I used similar value based on wheel size that I convert from mm to degree in GT6. I usually run 1mm or less toe on most cars, some uses 2mm ( either in or out ).

If you look at my NSX replicas, they have quite a toe in just like in real life factory alignment ( 6mm at the rear ), these leads to lots of complain from NSX owners IRL ( tire wear was atrocious ), the toe in was aggressive to work with the specially designed Yokohama A022H tires with grip direction bias. Later model year uses less/half rear toe in value.

Toe values in GT6 is very responsive and useful, every mm/degree equivalent increase either in or out has a great effect on the car. If you find you have a well tuned car ( spring rate, arb, damper and LSD ), the next step for finishing touch is the toe :)

Here is an interesting fact : the R34 GTR factory alignment has toe in front and rear.

Last edited:
Testing the McLaren. I have to say one thing.

WHAT.
A.
CAR.

It's unbelievably fast. At eiger (with rh) it's the fastest gt3 @~550pp that I've ever driven. A bit more nervous than before but faster. Now I'm 1:18, with racing tyre on a car tuned for ss. At Monza it reaches 300 km/h and I've done a 1:45 at first attempt.

P. S: yeah I'm not that great driver, to have a time to compare, with the 458 I di 1:8xx at eiger and 1:48 at Monza (if I remember well)

Real life Blancpain 2014 Monza qualifying lap record is 1:47.603, held by McLaren MP4-12C GT3, pretty close for the 458 GT3 - real life Kessel Racing 458 GT3 - 1:48.011 :)

Yeah I think that the 458 is more realistic, but the McLaren is definitely faster. Raising the acceleration on the LSD to 30 (just for trying) I managed a 1:0'7!!!!!! However I wrote wrong :at eiger I do a 1:01'185

Testing the McLaren. I have to say one thing.

WHAT.
A.
CAR.

It's unbelievably fast. At eiger (with rh) it's the fastest gt3 @~550pp that I've ever driven. A bit more nervous than before but faster. Now I'm 1:18, with racing tyre on a car tuned for ss. At Monza it reaches 300 km/h and I've done a 1:45 at first attempt.

P. S: yeah I'm not that great driver, to have a time to compare, with the 458 I di 1:8xx at eiger and 1:48 at Monza (if I remember well)

Have you made any changes on the transmission?

Have you made any changes on the transmission?
Now i'm testing with LSD accel at 30 and no camber, with racing tyre... It's a bit slower on slow corners (sorry for the play on words:lol:) but more stabile at high speed ones... For example, first sector at eiger (the sequence Of hairpins) is some tenths slower (3/4, sometimes more than 5) but the lap time is faster or (with the slowests first sectors) equal... (I'm talking on a tenths at the end Of the lap:lol:)

Honda NSX Type R '92 ( Real World Setup version )
Ayrton Senna Tribute

Special Build with Real World Alignment Honda NSX Type R '92
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : Honda NSX Type R '92
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs

Horsepower:284 HP at 7000 RPM
Torque: 225.6 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1230 kg
Ballast : 136 kg
Ballast Position : 39
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life
Performance Points: 463

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Milano Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 2

Suspension - BC Racing Coilover Kit Lowered with Real World Alignment and Damper Setup
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 95 95
Spring Rate: 10.00 8.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 0.3 1.5 ( front camber range 0.3+-0.5, rear camber range 1.5+-0.5 )
Toe Angle: -0.30 0.49 ( front toe out 3.5mm+-1mm, rear toe in 6mm+-1mm )

LSD -Honda Torque Control Differential with factory preload
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Brake Balance:
6/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/5, for ABS 1 6/5 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I made this special tune to commemorate Ayrton Senna :)
This time, the car is Honda NSX Type R '92, the 1st generation of Type R Honda :)

The car setup is not your typical GT6 tune, I used real world setup alignment, similar to some of my older replica like ADVOX Supra :)

Suspension has been changed with BC Racing Coilover, 10/8 springs and a well tuned damper for road and track complement the springs. The ARB, Toe and Camber are all based on real life setup of a stock Honda NSX Type R.

Most people do not know that later generation NSX has lower spring rate at the rear to give more grip and less oversteer. Most coilover kits uses the same arrangement, while KW V3 uses same spring rate. Obviously the real world spring rate works great in GT6.

Real life specs : front camber range 0.3+-0.5, rear camber range 1.5+-0.5; and front toe out 3.5mm+-1mm, rear toe in 6mm+-1mm.

The LSD has been updated using real world setup, Honda Torque Control Differential has high preload.

The weight distribution on the NSX is wrong in GT6, real life NSX has 42/58, so to achieve that, I used some ballast and weight reduction.

Don't expect this car to be quick, it's meant to be a what if the car has real world stock setup in GT6, something that never existed in GT6 :lol:

To drive the NSX, you will need some real world driving approach, steer like you would in a real car, brake and gas like you would in your own car on the road :P

I tuned and tested the car at Ascari, Bathurst, Spa and Tsukuba.

It posted flat 1:06 at Tsukuba on a warm up lap using comfort soft :eek:

The car is a joy to drive, feels like what a real stock NSX would drive :) It made GT6 Honda NSX more sim like, well almost like on PC :lol:

UPDATE : New BC Racing Coilover kit and updated LSD to replicate real life setup.

ENJOY :cheers:

Fantastic! 👍

ib, Tour of Japan, SM, Camber used, ABS 0 - Winner! :)

Fantastic! 👍

Now i'm testing with LSD accel at 30 and no camber, with racing tyre... It's a bit slower on slow corners (sorry for the play on words:lol:) but more stabile at high speed ones... For example, first sector at eiger (the sequence Of hairpins) is some tenths slower (3/4, sometimes more than 5) but the lap time is faster or (with the slowests first sectors) equal... (I'm talking on a tenths at the end Of the lap:lol:)

Guess RH suits better the car...

Fantastic! 👍

ib, Tour of Japan, SM, Camber used, ABS 0 - Winner! :)

Fantastic! 👍

I never expected the NSX to drive well on SM tire, I only tested on CS tire. Is the car harder to drive than the stock one ?

I will be very busy on my next play, some cars need to be posted and a few more to tune :lol:

I never expected the NSX to drive well on SM tire, I only tested on CS tire. Is the car harder to drive than the stock one ?

I will be very busy on my next play, some cars need to be posted and a few more to tune :lol:
The car drives great, great! You can do whatever you want or ever dreamed with this car and it'll never be rude with you. :D
I didn't drove it with stock settings and I don't wish to do that; I love it how it is. Now! :) 👍

Back