RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
What is this?:grumpy::mad: The garage of no alerts? Seriously, this stopped being funny when it was happening to @TurnLeft :yuck:

Speaking of whom, Glad you guys liked his magazine (So now I don't get to hear, Why didn't you tell me that was a silly idea:P) 👍 I got a sneak peek as it arrived at the store, what another super idea and a whole bag of chuckles. (Oh, and sorry, I missed some on the spelling mistakes, how did I miss Scotts? :banghead:) Thanks for the Promo BTW, that was very nice of you :embarrassed: Cool duck! But not as cool as the beaver in that advert. :lol: How long is it going to take for that to be used as an avatar. I got the guess the avatar trivia question wrong too :( I remember seeing it change to the roadsign on the white background, but couldn't remember what came before. Most of the rest were just last month :lol:

Anyway...

Ridox, can you please stop (Please, never do this!!! :)) with the production line already. I can't keep up, I'm still back a few pages looking at a pair of Amuse S2000s :drool: I promise I'm coming back to have a go at those 👍 They're going to be my treat when I finish testing for the FITT Shootout. Then the Boss 302, that car just looks and sounds awesome. Especially in that black and red livery in the video :drool: Can we get that on here? Bummer, no we can't :grumpy: Ooh, red with black though, even better :D And did I see a McLaren F1 LM replica thrown in there too somewhere. :eek: I'm going be very busy :)

@ALB123 I'd like to take a moment to get back to your post about why you come to this garage so much. I couldn't agree more about Ridox's ability to tune these replicas to be so realistic or the joy that you find driving some cars which will kill you if you ask it the wrong question in a corner. I've been won over too and I'm one of the tuners that does the other thing :embarrassed:. I can't say I was ever against the whole replica idea, but when I first found the very few replica tuners around in GT5 I didn't really pay any attention being honest. Even early in GT6 I saw plenty of Ridox's replica tunes being posted around and again didn't really get drawn in. It wasn't until around May or June last year I finally clicked on one of those links and found myself in here looking at a McLaren MP4-12C (GT4 Replica I think) which was used as example in a discussion we were having somewhere else. Then came the Evora GT4, that was my hook? Back when camber was even more messed up than it is now, these cars just drove so much better than most of the other tunes I'd tried and on much lower grade tyres usually (Mostly mine being fair.:crazy:) I've tried quite a few more now, too many to mention and love the way I can learn so much from some of the spec options for some cars and have so much fun doing it. I can totally get where you're coming from

But I also keep coming back here because it's a nice little positive corner of an at times very negative GTPlanet. There's a tuner who knows what he's doing and loves doing it:bowdown:, quite a few regular visitors who also love what they do, whether it's getting into the heat of A-Spec battles with cars 150pp higher than them or taking out one of their dream cars for a virtual test drive round some excellent driving roads because we can't do it in real life. Or those who go chasing carrots all the time ;) And then there's getting to read your reviews. I could almost feel the passion coming out the screen reading that one.:) If TurnLeft ever decides to make his magazine again, I hope he gives you the call. I'd sign up for a subscription for that 👍

Until the next time I stumble in with my alerts not working. Keep having fun! :cheers:

Ridox, I have one of my Ferrari F40's setup to your EU Market Autosport Mag specifications (553PP) Would you recommend that I just turn down the power limiter to reach this week's seasonal limit of 550PP?

I also have your US Spec F40 (543PP), that I don't drive as much, and was wondering if I would be better off just trying to over-power that specific car to reach 550PP for this event. One thing I noticed with the US Spec car is, there is 174 kg added as ballast at position 1. If I removed that ballast, I'm sure it would increase the PP quite substantially. I'm not in front of my PS3 at the moment, but I figured I would ask my favorite GT6 tuning engineer for his advice. :D

One thing that kills me about GT6 (I haven't played any other version) is they offer these 2 drifting events every other week. I'd be willing to bet my life that participation is substantially less than it is for super laps and A-Spec racing. Yet, they don't have a 1/4 mile drag strip with working christmas tree lights, or a skidpad for testing lateral G forces.

I bring that up because of the question you asked danbojte. It would be nice to be able to use those two things I mentioned for testing cars. Sure, I can save replay files and export to MoTeC Pro and pull data myself. Do you know how long that takes to do? So, if I'm trying out different gear ratios, for instance, I've got to do a 1/4 mile run (half mile track would be even better, for supercars), remember to save the replay and then export it to MoTeC data on a USB stick. Then put that stick in my laptop and open the data in MoTeC. Analyse the data and then repeat the process all over again with some changes I made to the gear ratios. Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat. Now, I could do five different quarter mile runs with different ratios each time in its own saved replay file and export five MoTeC data files onto my USB stick so I can import those 5 runs at the same time. That's still a ridiculously tedious process.

For the Ferrari F40, having less weight is best, so the EU is preferable with less power ( use limiter ) to reach 550PP. You can also lower the weight, but keeping the weight distribution. The US is heavier, on higher speed track, it might be okay, but if there's a lot corner, having less weight is the best.

For testing cars, PD is to blame, they remove test track from GT5 :(

What is this?:grumpy::mad: The garage of no alerts? Seriously, this stopped being funny when it was happening to @TurnLeft :yuck:

Speaking of whom, Glad you guys liked his magazine (So now I don't get to hear, Why didn't you tell me that was a silly idea:P) 👍 I got a sneak peek as it arrived at the store, what another super idea and a whole bag of chuckles. (Oh, and sorry, I missed some on the spelling mistakes, how did I miss Scotts? :banghead:) Thanks for the Promo BTW, that was very nice of you :embarrassed: Cool duck! But not as cool as the beaver in that advert. :lol: How long is it going to take for that to be used as an avatar. I got the guess the avatar trivia question wrong too :( I remember seeing it change to the roadsign on the white background, but couldn't remember what came before. Most of the rest were just last month :lol:

Anyway...

Ridox, can you please stop (Please, never do this!!! :)) with the production line already. I can't keep up, I'm still back a few pages looking at a pair of Amuse S2000s :drool: I promise I'm coming back to have a go at those 👍 They're going to be my treat when I finish testing for the FITT Shootout. Then the Boss 302, that car just looks and sounds awesome. Especially in that black and red livery in the video :drool: Can we get that on here? Bummer, no we can't :grumpy: Ooh, red with black though, even better :D And did I see a McLaren F1 LM replica thrown in there too somewhere. :eek: I'm going be very busy :)

@ALB123 I'd like to take a moment to get back to your post about why you come to this garage so much. I couldn't agree more about Ridox's ability to tune these replicas to be so realistic or the joy that you find driving some cars which will kill you if you ask it the wrong question in a corner. I've been won over too and I'm one of the tuners that does the other thing :embarrassed:. I can't say I was ever against the whole replica idea, but when I first found the very few replica tuners around in GT5 I didn't really pay any attention being honest. Even early in GT6 I saw plenty of Ridox's replica tunes being posted around and again didn't really get drawn in. It wasn't until around May or June last year I finally clicked on one of those links and found myself in here looking at a McLaren MP4-12C (GT4 Replica I think) which was used as example in a discussion we were having somewhere else. Then came the Evora GT4, that was my hook? Back when camber was even more messed up than it is now, these cars just drove so much better than most of the other tunes I'd tried and on much lower grade tyres usually (Mostly mine being fair.:crazy:) I've tried quite a few more now, too many to mention and love the way I can learn so much from some of the spec options for some cars and have so much fun doing it. I can totally get where you're coming from

But I also keep coming back here because it's a nice little positive corner of an at times very negative GTPlanet. There's a tuner who knows what he's doing and loves doing it:bowdown:, quite a few regular visitors who also love what they do, whether it's getting into the heat of A-Spec battles with cars 150pp higher than them or taking out one of their dream cars for a virtual test drive round some excellent driving roads because we can't do it in real life. Or those who go chasing carrots all the time ;) And then there's getting to read your reviews. I could almost feel the passion coming out the screen reading that one.:) If TurnLeft ever decides to make his magazine again, I hope he gives you the call. I'd sign up for a subscription for that 👍

Until the next time I stumble in with my alerts not working. Keep having fun! :cheers:

I only had a few alerts lately, and most of them from thread with lots activity :(

The magazine is a good to have but I heard it took a lot of time to post, maybe a monthly feature would be suitable.

For replicas, I have so many yet to be posted ( most of them just need final testing ), I'm targeting another 3 this week, M3, Ridox Supra, Autozam, and maybe Boss Trans Am, and hopefully Nismo 370Z + Ralliart Evo X.

I'm grateful three are people who still interested in driving cars with realistic performance level :P Most of GT6 players here are into seasonal TT and online races and more into cars tuned for maximum speed often neglecting the simulation part :)

I'm grateful three are people who still interested in driving cars with realistic performance level :P Most of GT6 players here are into seasonal TT and online races and more into cars tuned for maximum speed often neglecting the simulation part :)
Their loss I say :) I do enjoy online racing a lot, but mostly in friends only room these days.
The magazine is a good to have but I heard it took a lot of time to post, maybe a monthly feature would be suitable.
It did take a while and as usual a lot of dedication and work 👍 It was a super idea very nicely executed. The calender was the icing and the cherry :D

I actually have a couple of your tunes installed Thorin Cain. I forget exact which cars they are at the moment, but many months ago I was searching for a couple of particular tunes and came across yours. They drove very well and I've kept them permanently! :) 👍

You're totally right, @Thorin Cain. There is so much negativity on GTP and it is such a joy to never have to worry about that in here. Plus, like Ridox stated, the majority of GTP members seem to prefer to get their cars as fast as possible. That's cool if that's what makes them enjoy the game. I just happen to enjoy the game more if I believe the cars are more sim-like than arcade-like in their performance.

Without naming names, I'd like to point out that I was just in the March COTM thread and saw tunes for a Lamborghini Gallardo with full weight reduction and racing tires! :eek: These cars are only 550PP... The cars must drive like they are on rails. I don't know exactly what the weight of a fully weight reduced Gallardo is, but I wouldn't be surprised that if the only way to get the car that light in real life would be to remove the passenger seat, radio, speakers, heating/air conditioning system, dashboard, rugs, airbags, and you'd probably have to make the car 2wd to remove the extra weight of the AWD system. I mean, come on... Maybe I'm wrong with this particular car, but I've seen some cars that lose like 400-500kg when dropping to weight reduction 3! How the heck do you remove 1000 pounds from a car?!

Anyway, I drove cars like that in the beginning of my GT6 experience. Fortunately, I found the light after 4-5 months and started getting into Ridox's replica tunes. This is the entire reason I bought GT6. I thought I would be able to drive real world cars. I had no idea that there was tuning involved - and I definitely had no idea that you could modify cars as much as you can. I love the aero kits though. I wish there were more options available to us. Cosmetic changes are great. Even realistic mods are fine with me.

1 lap and got my gold time 1:30.626 with the EU Spec Autosport Magazine Ferrari F40. I could have driven it harder too... But I saw how many people were complaining about the event, I thought maybe I should just drive my lap and set a baseline -- see how much harder I need to go to get Gold. Like most events, one lap and done. I don't shoot for low times, so now I'm done with both seasonal events this week -- they last about 10 minutes, like usual. :(

I just checked my notes for F40, I had a tune made for Midfield Super Car Shootout currently running, going to frankenstein it with the EU Auto Motorsport Mag replica, should be easy 1:28s on SH at Apricot Hill 550PP Super Lap. I tested the F40 replica long ago at Apricot Hill, it could do 1:30/31s on CS :)

Yeah... I didn't push it as hard as I could have. I just didn't want to possibly spin and have to start over, so I told myself "just do a lap to feel how this car handles here." Like I said, some people were complaining about how the car feels in this event. Personally, I thought it felt great. I guess that's what happens when you're used to driving on CM and CS tires. SH all of a sudden feels like racing slicks to me. :lol: :D

Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) EU Market
AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review 550 PP Version

Special Build Ferrari F40 '92 EU Market AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989
550PP
Sports Hard to Sport Soft
F40 Super Lap at Apricot Hill

CAR : Ferrari F40 '92
Tire : Sports Hard to Sports Soft

Specs No Cats - 550PP ( High RPM Range Turbo Kit )
No Fuel Weight

Horsepower: 506 HP / 513 PS at 7000 RPM
Torque: 438.6 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1169 kg ( weight figure without fuel, calculated based on 0.711kg for 1 litre of fuel and 1254kg on 120L full tank )
Ballast : 57 kg
Ballast Position : -13
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life ( without fuel, close to 41/59 )
Performance Points: 550

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Rosso Corsa

Tuning Parts Installed :
HIGH RPM Range Turbo Kit
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs based on stock F40 spring ratio with Street/Track Tuned Damper with
Ferrari F40 US Edition Technical Manual Alignment Range
Ride Height based on Best Motoring Tsukuba Battle driven by Motoharu Kurosawa

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 81 81 - Best Motoring Battle
Spring Rate: 8.04 11.61 - Based on factory F40 spring rate ratio
Dampers (Compression): 7 6
Dampers (Extension): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 6
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.2
Toe Angle: 0.16 0.23

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected EU Market AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review Version Ratio Gear Set and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.260
Set Auto Top Speed to 217 MPH / 349 KMH
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.769
2nd 1.722
3rd 1.227
4th 0.963
5th 0.767
Final Gear : 3.620
Optimum Shift Point : 7400-7700 RPM ( as in real life )

LSD -ZF Self Locking LSD with 60% Lock and Medium Preload - AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review Version
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 36

Alternate LSD Setup for looser handling :

Initial Torque : 27

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/4, for ABS 1 7/6 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
Ferrari F40, the last great Ferrari IMO, no electronics aids, just pure man and machine :)

This car is one of my most favorite ride in GT5 and GT6, and it's well known for it's inaccuracy in terms of stats and stock setup.

I made this special replica build with the main goal of correcting the mistakes and make it handle more like a Ferrari, whatever that means :P

First of all, there are 2 region market for Ferrari F40, Europe and US. Both has distinctive setup from power, weight to gearing.

The EU market has much lighter dry weight and comes with lift kit/variable ride height suspension system from factory, with lower final gear and slightly different 2nd and 5th gear :)

This replica is a representation of EU F40 with lift kit, EIBACH ERS springs installed and further based on specification from Auto Motorsport Magazine review back in February 1989. There are some differences to the earlier version replica I have built, mainly the weight, gearing and LSD. I have used LSD profile from F355, this time I have the correct data with 60% lock LSD. For gearing, the Auto Motorsport Mag version although uses different values, also achieved the exact speed/accceleration/top speed and rpm /speed figure on each gear as the other 2 version have posted. The other 2 replica earlier gearing was based on Ferrari owner's club and manual reports, while this one is based on magazine review.

The power of EU F40 from dyno reports with cat installed of 471HP / 478PS / 478CV with curb weight as measured and reported by Auto Motorsport Magazine = 1254kg / 2763.81 lbs and 39.2/60.8 weight distribution. This is curb weight with full fluids and full tank of fuel ( 120L ) - without driver. With a driver, the weight distribution will shift closer to 38/62.
Gross Vehicle Weight ( GVW ) as reported is 1430kg ( max operating weight with driver + passenger + cargo).

Some EU F40 do not have cats installed, usually the early years model, these non Cats F40 has been reported to have in excess of 500HP, some even dynoed with close to 520PS or 513HP.

To achieve the power figure of non cats EU F40, I decided to include 2 optional upgrades path, one uses high rpm range turbo kit and exhaust manifold, the other intake tuning and exhaust manifold. The specs are listed above.

For suspension, I have used EIBACH ERS springs at 8.25kg/mm front and 12.0kg/mm rear, maintaining spring ratio for the stock F40 spring rate, as the stock value can't be achieved. Damper setup for street and track, with ARB set for balance. Toe and camber has been setup with real world alignment values, based on F355 alignment which from report share similar alignment with F40 - closest information I can get :)

An alternate spring rate at 12kg/mm front and rear also provided, this is more oriented for high speed cornering and sweepers.

The real Ferrari F40 has ZF Self Locking LSD, based from Auto Motorsport review specs, the rear LSD has 60% lock, I have tuned likewise, with medium preload. The previous replica LSD which uses specs from Ferrari F355 with 45% lock and high preload also listed as optional.

The corrected EU F40 ratios and final based from the Auto Motorsport mag also able to replicate top speed of real F40 at 324kmh/201mph, furthermore, the rolling acceleration time and vehicle speed at 5th gear 1000rpm has been closely replicated - similar to the tested reports from the magazine.

Various test results from Auto Motorsport mag :

60kmh-100kmh in 4th gear rolling acceleration : 6.3s
80kmh-120kmh in 5th gear rolling acceleration : 8.5s
5th Gear speed at 1000 RPM : 43.5kmh

F40 speed on each gear at about 7400-7700rpm optimal shift point :
1st 90kmh
2nd 144kmh
3rd 201kmh
4th 255kmh
5th 321+kmh

Feel free to try it at SSR7 :)

The F40 was extensively tuned/tested at Ascari, Tsukuba, Spa, Bathurst, Nordschleife, SSR7, Apricot Hill, Brands Hatch GP and Willow Springs.

I also managed to replicate the real life lap time of F40 at Tsukuba, done on Best Motoring at 1:03.73. The car easily do 1:02s comfort soft - slightly quicker than the US F40, as it should :D

Another real life at Suzuka record 2:25.27 in real life can easily be replicated. I managed 2:21.175s on 1st lap.

The above quote is from original replica which provides some background information on the original build, this 550PP version is based on.

The 550PP F40 is a combination of the EU Auto Motorsport Mag 1989 replica and revision made for F40 FITT GTP SuperCar Shootout at Midfield ( March-April 2015 ) The F40 wasn't entered in the shootout, but I decided to lower the power and set it at 550PP. This F40 offers a unique experience, with setup aimed to replicate real life performance in previous form, but now has more power to play with and much higher grip tire as well.

At Apricot Hill, it should easily do 1:27s in 1st lap :D
I included a replay of test lap offline at Apricot Hill, 1:27s on 1st lap.

ENJOY :cheers:

Attachments

• F40550PPApricotHill1m27sSH.zip
    334 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) EU Market
AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review 550 PP Version

Special Build Ferrari F40 '92 EU Market AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989
550PP
Sports Hard to Sport Soft
F40 Super Lap at Apricot Hill

CAR : Ferrari F40 '92
Tire : Sports Hard to Sports Soft

Specs No Cats - 550PP ( High RPM Range Turbo Kit )
No Fuel Weight

Horsepower: 506 HP / 513 PS at 7000 RPM
Torque: 438.6 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1169 kg ( weight figure without fuel, calculated based on 0.711kg for 1 litre of fuel and 1254kg on 120L full tank )
Ballast : 57 kg
Ballast Position : -13
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life ( without fuel, close to 41/59 )
Performance Points: 550

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Rosso Corsa

Tuning Parts Installed :
HIGH RPM Range Turbo Kit
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs based on stock F40 spring ratio with Street/Track Tuned Damper with
Ferrari F40 US Edition Technical Manual Alignment Range
Ride Height based on Best Motoring Tsukuba Battle driven by Motoharu Kurosawa

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 81 81 - Best Motoring Battle
Spring Rate: 8.04 11.61 - Based on factory F40 spring rate ratio
Dampers (Compression): 7 6
Dampers (Extension): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 6
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.2
Toe Angle: 0.16 0.23

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected EU Market AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review Version Ratio Gear Set and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.260
Set Auto Top Speed to 217 MPH / 349 KMH
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.769
2nd 1.722
3rd 1.227
4th 0.963
5th 0.767
Final Gear : 3.620
Optimum Shift Point : 7400-7700 RPM ( as in real life )

LSD -ZF Self Locking LSD with 60% Lock and Medium Preload - AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review Version
Initial Torque : 30

Alternate LSD Setup for looser handling :

Initial Torque : 27

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/4, for ABS 1 7/6 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The above quote is from original replica which provides some background information on the original build, this 550PP version is based on.

The 550PP F40 is a combination of the EU Auto Motorsport Mag 1989 replica and revision made for F40 FITT GTP SuperCar Shootout at Midfield ( March-April 2015 ) The F40 wasn't entered in the shootout, but I decided to lower the power and set it at 550PP. This F40 offers a unique experience, with setup aimed to replicate real life performance in previous form, but now has more power to play with and much higher grip tire as well.

At Apricot Hill, it should easily do 1:27s in 1st lap :D

ENJOY :cheers:

I will try this, next time i play!

For the fun of it, just look what happens when you drive an F40 on the rain(starts at 15:50):

:lol::lol:

Thanks for the Promo BTW, that was very nice of you :embarrassed: Cool duck! But not as cool as the beaver in that advert.
Your welcome, and the duck might have some future uses :mischievous:.

How long is it going to take for that to be used as an avatar.
Not very long :D.

But I also keep coming back here because it's a nice little positive corner of an at times very negative GTPlanet.
Just about the same road except i wasn't here for GT5, it's from testing & doing reviews for the Difficult Car Of the month that I got interested. The first time I couldn't understand why someone would post a car tuned like that, and @XS would find it good, I thought he was just being polite :rolleyes:. @Ridox2JZGTE never lost patience with me, took my "bad press" reviews and tried to explain again & again & again....:lol:, you know how long it takes me to sink something in , finally got it and tried my hand on building a Replica (2cv race car :eek:), and again & again & again he helped me out :bowdown:. This is when I finally understood all the work behind, and the knowledge you have to acquire to do these, & also the frustration from the limits of the game and the available info out there. This also lit a light to do some Replicas of a different type and the Elegance Automotive Guild was born with your great help :bowdown:, and also the big help of our common friend who we asked questions again & again & again.

But I also keep coming back here because it's a nice little positive corner
and very good place to meet some wonderful people who all have grown from this. I think that if @danbojte , @ALB123 and you and me were to look back and read the first posts we've put out, you'll surely see some positive changes that have occurred from all of us meeting with all the folks on :gtplanet:. :cheers: to you all and keep having fun.

Last edited:
Anyway, just a few tenths between them at Eiger Short Track. ;)
If it ain't first, it's last :lol: Eiger really puts front heavy car to the test :)
For you yes, but for us mere mortals? :lol:

I'm sure I'll enjoy trying though :)
I think you will be surprised how good F40 is in general on SH tire :D

I will try this, next time i play!

For the fun of it, just look what happens when you drive an F40 on the rain(starts at 15:50):

:lol::lol:

Will watch the video later for sure :) and hope you will like it.
Your welcome, and the duck might have some future uses :mischievous:.

Not very long :D.

Just about the same road except i wasn't here for GT5, it's from testing & doing reviews for the Difficult Car Of the month that I got interested. The first time I couldn't understand why someone would post a car tuned like that, and @XS would find it good, I thought he was just being polite :rolleyes:. @Ridox2JZGTE never lost patience with me, took my "bad press" reviews and tried to explain again & again & again....:lol:, you know how long it takes me to sink something in , finally got it and tried my hand on building a Replica (2cv race car :eek:), and again & again & again he helped me out :bowdown:. This is when I finally understood all the work behind, and the knowledge you have to acquire to do these, & also the frustration from the limits of the game and the available info out there. This also lit a light to do some Replicas of a different type and the Elegance Automotive Guild was born with your great help :bowdown:, and also the big help of our common friend who we asked questions again & again & again.

and very good place to meet some wonderful people who all have grown from this. I think that if @danbojte , @ALB123 and you and me were to look back and read the first posts we've put out, you'll surely see some positive changes that have occurred from all of us meeting with all the folks on :gtplanet:. :cheers: to you all and keep having fun.
Those are very warm words to read, thank you :cheers:

BMW E92 M3 Coupe 2007-2011
Road & Track + Car & Driver + Best Motoring
Laguna Seca, Tsukuba, Fuji Speedway, Nurburgring GP, Willow Springs Time Attack

Tuned to replicate BMW E92 M3 Coupe
Comfort Soft

Nürburgring GP_F_4.jpg

CAR : BMW M3 Coupe '07
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs Road & Track 2008 Test Weight -BASE
Horsepower: 414 HP / 420 PS at 8500 RPM
Torque: 295.2 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.9%
Weight: 1747 kg
Ballast : 102 kg
Ballast Position : -50
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - used real life 52.1 / 47.9
Performance Points: 483

Specs Car & Driver 6 Sp Manual 2008 Feb 16
Weight: 1669 kg
Ballast : 24 kg
Ballast Position : -38
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 - real life 50.0 / 50.0
Performance Points: 487

Specs Car & Driver 6 Sp Manual 2008 April 13
Weight: 1633 kg - weight reduction stage 1 ( no window )
Ballast : 161 kg
Ballast Position : -18
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - real life 51.1 / 48.9
Performance Points: 489

Specs Car & Driver 6 Sp Manual 2011 September 15
Weight: 1611 kg - weight reduction stage 1 ( no window )
Ballast : 139 kg
Ballast Position : -17 - Optional OLD : -23
Weight Distribution : 52 / 48 - real life 51.3 / 48.7
Performance Points: 490

Specs Car & Driver 7 Sp SMG/DKG 2008 June 9 Initial Test
Weight: 1647 kg - weight reduction stage 1 ( no window )
Ballast : 175 kg
Ballast Position : -27
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - real life 52.1 / 47.9
Performance Points: 488

Specs Car & Driver 7 Sp SMG/DKG 2008 Nov 11 - 2009 Model Year
Weight: 1678 kg
Ballast : 33 kg
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - real life 50.8 / 49.2

Specs Car & Driver 7 Sp SMG/DKG 2010 June 21
Ballast Position : -15

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : AlpineWeib ( white )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch Kit ( Only for 7 Speed DKG )
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 1 ( as specified on the specs )
Window Weight Reduction ( only for Base 1747kg 6MT, 1669kg 6MT and 1678kg 7 Sp DKG )

Nürburgring GP_D_15.jpg

Suspension - BMW M3 Stock Spring Ratio
Visual Ride Height
M-Sport Mode

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 122 122
Spring Rate: 3.36 11.23 ( optional rear rate : 11.55 )
Dampers (Compression): 8 3
Dampers (Extension): 4 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.6
Toe Angle: 0.03 0.10

Suspension - BMW M3 Stock Spring Ratio Competition Package
-10 mm Ride Height
M-Sport Mode

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 112 112

BMW Alignment Range :
Front:
Camber ( Street ) = -0.2 to -0.8
Camber ( Track ) = -1.2 to -3.0
Toe Per Side = 0.03 to 0.20
Total toe = 0.07 to 0.40

Rear:
Camber ( Street/Track ) = -1.6 to -2.1
Toe Per Side = 0.10 to 0.20
Total Toe = 0.20 to 0.40

OPTIONAL Damper + ARB + Low Preload LSD ( Softer M-Normal Mode )
Dampers (Compression): 6 2
Dampers (Extension): 4 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 1

LSD BMW M Variable Differential Lock
GKN ViscoDrive - Viscous Multi Disc Clutch - Normal Mode]

Initial Torque : 13
Acceleration Sensitiviy: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock ZF Type G 6 Speed Manual
Set Default
Set Final to 3.846
Set Auto Max Speed to 339kmh / 211mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.055
2nd 2.369
3rd 1.582
4th 1.192
5th 1.000
6th 0.872
Set Final Gear : 3.846

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock 7 Speed DriveLogic DKG/SMG/M-DCT
Adapted to 6 Speed

Set Default
Set Final to 3.154
Set Auto Max Speed to 290kmh / 180mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.780
2nd 2.930
3rd 2.150
4th 1.680
5th 1.390
6th 1.000 ( 7th gear used for 6th 1.200 )
Set Final Gear : 3.154

GKN ViscoDrive - Viscous Multi Disc Clutch - Sport Mode]

Initial Torque : 20

Nürburgring GP_F_3.jpg

Brake Balance:
5/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This BMW E92 M3 replica covers between 2007-2011 model years, with several lap record used as reference and 2 famous US magazine for weight data ( Road & Track + Car & Driver )

The E92 M3 has 420PS / 414HP, with weight figure that varies, of which some are provided in this replica. The base specs used the heaviest test weight from Road & Track, at 1747kg ( rounded up ) and a bit more than 52% weight at front. The base specs can replicate/beat all of real life lap times on CS tire.

Some of the specs only uses window weight reduction, while specs that uses weight reduction stage 1 do not use window weight reduction.

E92 M3 stock spring rate are too low ( Front: 160 lb/in Rear: 550 lb/in ), and not able to be reached in GT6, thus I used the spring ratio ( optimized based on spring test result for the rear spring - variable rate ) and aim the lowest front rate possible. I included the rear rate that reflect the ratio ( based on 550 lb/in ) : 11.55 kg/mm as optional.
The alignment uses BMW range with high front camber for track. There is also an optional suspension set with competition package ( ZCP ) ride height at 10mm lower than stock.

The gear ratios are corrected, with 2 options, 6 speed manual and 7 speed SMG/M-DCT/DKG adapted into 6 speed. The 7 speed uses only 1-5 ratio and 7th gear as 6th, the 6th gear value 1.200 from the real car is not used, so it's best to shift very late from 5th to 6th. The 7 speed used twin plate clutch in GT6, while 6 speed MT uses stock clutch.

LSD has been set with medium preload and lock rate that should give good traction on low speed to high speed corners.

I tuned and tested on variety of tracks, from Tsukuba, Laguna Seca, Nurburgring, to Fuji and Streets of Willow. All of these tracks have real life record set by BMW M3.

Tsukuba : 1:05.817 for 6MT and 1:05.698 for 7 Sp DKG
Laguna Seca : 1:42.964
Fuji Speedway F : 2:02.07
Streets of Willow : 1:27.67
Nurburgring GP F: 2:28.23 Autobild.de, M3 with Competition Package, 19 inch wheel, Adaptive Damper ( EDC ), 10mm lower, and 7 speed DKG
Nurburgring GP D : 1:44.86 - high possibility done on Pilot Cup tires and BMW provided car ( unlikely to be stock ) - replicated with SH tire.

And, here are the lap times in GT6 :

6MT, CS, Tsukuba 1:05.682

6MT, CS, Fuji Speedway F, 2:01.609

6MT, CS, Laguna Seca, 1:42.695

6MT, SH, Nurb GP/D, 1:44.633

6MT, CS, Nurb GP/F 2:27.449

7DKG/Competition Package, CS, Nurb GP/F 2:27.807 ( -10mm lower )

7DKG, Tsukuba, CS, 7sp, 1:05.430

All of the replay of the lap has been provided, enjoy the view and use them as ghost too :D

And a video feature of both Lexus IS-F and BMW E92 M3 review by Naoki Hattori at touge roads and track battle with M3 driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya battling it out with NISMO Z driven by Naoki Hattori.

UPDATE MAY 2017 : Added additional optional Damper/ARB/LSD, the package is softer overall with lower LSD preload, think of it as M-Normal mode, and the base suspension/LSD as M-Sport Mode.

Attachments

• M37DKGTsukuba1m5sCS.zip
    272.5 KB · Views: 10
  • M36MTFuji2m1sCS.zip
    416.2 KB · Views: 12
  • M36MTLagunaSeca1m42sCS.zip
    370.8 KB · Views: 13
  • M36MTNurbGPD1m44sSH.zip
    372 KB · Views: 14
  • M36MTNurbGPF2m27sCS.zip
    487.2 KB · Views: 10
  • M36MTStreetsWillow1m26sCS.zip
    323.6 KB · Views: 8
  • M36MTsukuba1m5sCS.zip
    270.5 KB · Views: 8
  • M37DKGCPNurbGPF2m27sCS.zip
    488.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
excuse the question, @Ridox2JZGTE how do you see the replay? I have to use the ps3 or pc to view your replay? Thank You!

excuse for my english!!!

You need to use PS3 to view the replay :) The zip file need to be downloaded, then unzip the content to a USB disk, create a folder like this : X:\PS3\SAVEDATA, X is the USB thumb/flash disk drive, put the replay folder ( should be name like this : BCJS3716-RPLxxx ) inside the SAVEDATA directory.

Now insert the USB disk into the USB port on PS3, go to game section of XMB, go to save data utility, choose USB disk, then copy the replay to PS3. Now launch the game, and go to gallery, go to the right and choose load replay. It will import the replay into GT6 library, now you can choose and play it.

BMW E92 M3 Coupe 2007-2011
Road & Track + Car & Driver + Best Motoring
Laguna Seca, Tsukuba, Fuji Speedway, Nurburgring GP, Willow Springs Time Attack

Tuned to replicate BMW E92 M3 Coupe
Comfort Soft

CAR : BMW M3 Coupe '07
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs Road & Track 2008 Test Weight -BASE
Weight: 1747 kg
Ballast : 102 kg
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - used real life 52.1 / 47.9
Performance Points: 483

Specs Car & Driver 6 Sp Manual 2008 Feb 16
Weight: 1669 kg
Ballast : 24 kg
Ballast Position : -38
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 - real life 50.0 / 50.0

Specs Car & Driver 6 Sp Manual 2008 April 13
Ballast Position : -18
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - real life 51.1 / 48.9

Specs Car & Driver 6 Sp Manual 2011 September 15
Weight: 1611 kg - weight reduction stage 1 ( no window )
Ballast : 139 kg
Ballast Position : -23
Weight Distribution : 52 / 48 - real life 51.3 / 48.7
Performance Points: 490

Specs Car & Driver 7 Sp SMG/DKG 2008 June 9 Initial Test
Weight: 1647 kg - weight reduction stage 1 ( no window )
Ballast : 175 kg
Ballast Position : -27
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - real life 52.1 / 47.9
Performance Points: 488

Specs Car & Driver 7 Sp SMG/DKG 2008 Nov 11 - 2009 Model Year
Weight: 1678 kg
Ballast : 33 kg

Specs Car & Driver 7 Sp SMG/DKG 2010 June 21
Ballast Position : -15

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : AlpineWeib ( white )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch Kit ( Only for 7 Speed DKG )
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 1 ( as specified on the specs )
Window Weight Reduction ( only for Base 1747kg 6MT, 1669kg 6MT and 1678kg 7 Sp DKG )

Suspension - BMW M3 Stock Spring Ratio
Visual Ride Height

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 122 122

Suspension - BMW M3 Stock Spring Ratio Competition Package
-10 mm Ride Height

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 112 112

BMW Alignment Range :
Front:
Camber ( Street ) = -0.2 to -0.8
Camber ( Track ) = -1.2 to -3.0
Toe Per Side = 0.03 to 0.20
Total toe = 0.07 to 0.40

Rear:
Camber ( Street/Track ) = -1.6 to -2.1
Toe Per Side = 0.10 to 0.20
Total Toe = 0.20 to 0.40

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock ZF Type G 6 Speed Manual
Set Default
Set Final to 3.846
Set Auto Max Speed to 339kmh / 211mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.055
2nd 2.369
3rd 1.582
4th 1.192
5th 1.000
6th 0.872
Set Final Gear : 3.846

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock 7 Speed DriveLogic DKG/SMG/M-DCT
Adapted to 6 Speed

Set Default
Set Final to 3.154
Set Auto Max Speed to 290kmh / 180mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.780
2nd 2.930
3rd 2.150
4th 1.680
5th 1.390
6th 1.000 ( 7th gear used for 6th 1.200 )
Set Final Gear : 3.154

GKN ViscoDrive - Viscous Multi Disc Clutch]

Initial Torque : 20

Brake Balance:
5/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This BMW E92 M3 replica covers between 2007-2011 model years, with several lap record used as reference and 2 famous US magazine for weight data ( Road & Track + Car & Driver )

The E92 M3 has 420PS / 414HP, with weight figure that varies, of which some are provided in this replica. The base specs used the heaviest test weight from Road & Track, at 1747kg ( rounded up ) and a bit more than 52% weight at front. The base specs can replicate/beat all of real life lap times on CS tire.

Some of the specs only uses window weight reduction, while specs that uses weight reduction stage 1 do not use window weight reduction.

E92 M3 stock spring rate are too low ( Front: 160 lb/in Rear: 550 lb/in ), and not able to be reached in GT6, thus I used the spring ratio ( optimized based on spring test result for the rear spring - variable rate ) and aim the lowest front rate possible. I included the rear rate that reflect the ratio ( based on 550 lb/in ) : 11.55 kg/mm as optional.
The alignment uses BMW range with high front camber for track. There is also an optional suspension set with competition package ( ZCP ) ride height at 10mm lower than stock.

The gear ratios are corrected, with 2 options, 6 speed manual and 7 speed SMG/M-DCT/DKG adapted into 6 speed. The 7 speed uses only 1-5 ratio and 7th gear as 6th, the 6th gear value 1.200 from the real car is not used, so it's best to shift very late from 5th to 6th. The 7 speed used twin plate clutch in GT6, while 6 speed MT uses stock clutch.

LSD has been set with medium preload and lock rate that should give good traction on low speed to high speed corners.

I tuned and tested on variety of tracks, from Tsukuba, Laguna Seca, Nurburgring, to Fuji and Streets of Willow. All of these tracks have real life record set by BMW M3.

Tsukuba : 1:05.817 for 6MT and 1:05.698 for 7 Sp DKG
Laguna Seca : 1:42.964
Fuji Speedway F : 2:02.07
Streets of Willow : 1:27.67
Nurburgring GP F: 2:28.23 Autobild.de, M3 with Competition Package, 19 inch wheel, Adaptive Damper ( EDC ), 10mm lower, and 7 speed DKG
Nurburgring GP D : 1:44.86 - high possibility done on Pilot Cup tires and BMW provided car ( unlikely to be stock ) - replicated with SH tire.

And, here are the lap times in GT6 :

6MT, CS, Tsukuba 1:05.682

6MT, CS, Fuji Speedway F, 2:01.609

6MT, CS, Laguna Seca, 1:42.695

6MT, SH, Nurb GP/D, 1:44.633

6MT, CS, Nurb GP/F 2:27.449

7DKG/Competition Package, CS, Nurb GP/F 2:27.807 ( -10mm lower )

7DKG, Tsukuba, CS, 7sp, 1:05.430

All of the replay of the lap has been provided, enjoy the view and use them as ghost too :D

And a video feature of both Lexus IS-F and BMW E92 M3 review by Naoki Hattori at touge roads and track battle with M3 driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya battling it out with NISMO Z driven by Naoki Hattori.

I went with the 6 speed manual transmission tested on Sept 15, 2011 because it weighs the least and has the highest PP level at 490. The car drives very nice. It's now my third '07 M3 in my garage. I wish we could label the cars, for easy recognition. I haven't really timed this car yet. But it feels pretty quick, so I think it should do very well on the track.

I went with the 6 speed manual transmission tested on Sept 15, 2011 because it weighs the least and has the highest PP level at 490. The car drives very nice. It's now my third '07 M3 in my garage. I wish we could label the cars, for easy recognition. I haven't really timed this car yet. But it feels pretty quick, so I think it should do very well on the track.
It would be really cool if both Boss 302 and M3 race each other, both on SH tire :) Best track would be Nurburgring GP F or Big Willow, would be epic :) Maybe you and @danbojte :D

You need to use PS3 to view the replay :) The zip file need to be downloaded, then unzip the content to a USB disk, create a folder like this : X:\PS3\SAVEDATA, X is the USB thumb/flash disk drive, put the replay folder ( should be name like this : BCJS3716-RPLxxx ) inside the SAVEDATA directory.

Now insert the USB disk into the USB port on PS3, go to game section of XMB, go to save data utility, choose USB disk, then copy the replay to PS3. Now launch the game, and go to gallery, go to the right and choose load replay. It will import the replay into GT6 library, now you can choose and play it.

One more thing,do you plan on uploading the replays on YouTube instead of only giving us ones that have to be played on PS3?It may take longer for you to upload tunes(which is cool since you always upload very quickly;-)),however it can also make it more convenient to watch replay.For example,people like me won't have much time switching on PS3.Being able to watch them on YouTube will be less time-consuming.You replica garage can also be more well-known!

One more thing,do you plan on uploading the replays on YouTube instead of only giving us ones that have to be played on PS3?It may take longer for you to upload tunes(which is cool since you always upload very quickly;-)),however it can also make it more convenient to watch replay.For example,people like me won't have much time switching on PS3.Being able to watch them on YouTube will be less time-consuming.You replica garage can also be more well-known!

I do have a youtube channel, but it has been inactive for long time, it's linked on my signature, no abs/high BB videos GT6. I don't plan to upload more videos as I only have crappy camera phone and I don't have capture card to record straight from PS3 :( Anyone who have capture card and youtube channel can do it ( by downloading the replays and play /record it ), I would be very grateful. I do have some video done by lewis_hamilton_ uploaded on his YT account, the HKS CZ200S and the RUF Yellowbird GT6 vs Assetto Corsa at Spa.

You know I might just race the Boss and M3, TT style, just have to figure out where to put them in my time schedule :crazy:,

It would be really cool if both Boss 302 and M3 race each other, both on SH tire :) Best track would be Nurburgring GP F or Big Willow, would be epic :) Maybe you and @danbojte :D
@ALB123 , you want a real challenge, take this up, I`ll cheer for you 👍👍👍,...but I`ll bet on ....:lol:

Back