RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by Ridox2JZGTE, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Brewguy44

Brewguy44 Premium

Ooohh can't wait for the Viper :cool: :tup: Love those cars!!! I'll be looking forward to it! gamer.gif

2. KazaMR2

KazaMR2

S30 Fairlady "Akuma" Z - Star Road Garage 300PS - Kaza's G27 review on CS tire.

I have a suggestion firstly, I'd ask for you to add this as an optional on the tune if you want? - I equipted the Inch up +2 GT Ab08 rims in a matte grey with red brakes to give it a more Devil Z look. The colour I used was 'Aegean Blue Pearl' from the Acura CL 3.2 Type-S '03. The GT Ab08's are the closest to the Watanabe 8.

SSR7/Wangan review - I couldn't test much here as of the limiter on speed because of the transmission stock, but getting to use the clutch on my G27 with a replica Devil Z was really fun! I almost felt like Akio when he tested the Z for the first time. :lol: It has a good handle, the only thing that I was finding strange was a lot of understeer then oversteer.

Matterhorn Rotenboden (Hakone in my case :D) - I got a 1:57.932 on a leisurely 2nd lap. What I said on the SSR7 part didn't apply here, it seems the handle was way more exciting. I had to really use the shifter and wheel hard around turns otherwise the Z would of shook me off course :lol:. But overally it's a solid handle and is a good setup for racing here I'd say. The transmission being stock must of helped here too.

SSR5 Clubman/C1 review - 1:03.992 on the 2nd lap. A great tune here! I tried my best on the second lap, on the first I had a bit of getting used to it as it's very oversteery on CS, but once you know how it handles it's predictable. I had lots of fun blasting around here with the Z! The only bad points is the hard oversteer if you don't know how it handles. Overall another great tune from you again Ridox! I'll try and get some more of the WM tunes reviewed this week too. :tup:

Here are a couple pictures of me having fun in the Z...

Devil Z 1.jpg Devil Z 2.jpg

3. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Thank you for review and suggestions for the wheel and paint, will add those when I will update the replica again. I have to drive the S30 again, it's been a while :) I will look into the understeer and oversteer, the setup was made back in early days of GT6. :tup:

Thorin Cain, TurnLeft and KazaMR2 like this.
  4. KazaMR2

KazaMR2

Awesome! I'm testing it in a lobby at the moment too. I'll see if I can make a good transmission tune. :cheers:

5. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

The toe on the tune used total value, please divide it by 2 to use per side value ( the correct value ) :p

KazaMR2 likes this.
  6. ALB123

ALB123

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while... What are Wangan Midnight tunes? Is that a tuning garage or something? Also, I see that the name of this tune is Akuma Z, but KazaMR2 then refers to a "Devil Z look". Is that the same car, but a different color? I apologize, but I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to tuning companies. :O

Brewguy44, Pete05 and TurnLeft like this.
  7. KazaMR2

KazaMR2

Wangan Midnight is an Anime/manga series, the tunes are replicas from the show :D. I tried to get the main character's car the 'Devil Z' or 'Akuma no Zetto' look by adding wheels simaler to Watanabe 8 spoke and I found a similar colour to the Devil Z too (and couldn't find the stock colour).

ALB123 and TurnLeft like this.
  8. TurnLeft

TurnLeft

I remember asking @Ridox2JZGTE the exact same question somewhere but had completely forgot what they were :ouch:, thanks for doing it again :tup:, I'll try to remember this time. What I'm curious about is how do you make a replica of an animated car? Did they give you enough clues to go on like speed, lap times, engine power , etc to go on?

9. ALB123

ALB123

Oh my gosh...Well, don't I feel stupid!! :crazy: :dunce: :D Wangan Midnight is an Anime series. I can't believe I asked if it was a tuning company. :lol: Oh, I am sitting over here laughing at myself. ;) Thank you for clearing that up, KazaMR2.

10. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Not knowing certain anime is fine :) Only nerds and geeks watch them :lol: just kidding :p In the manga/comics and anime, most of the cars are described in the story with quite details. The plot has some technical details in tuning and driving, similar to Initial D, but Wangan Midnight dig deeper IMO.

11. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

Sorry. What I was trying to say before my phone decided I was done was.

I had the same problem for ages too, Google is a wonderful thing. ;)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    Brewguy44, TurnLeft and danbojte like this.
  12. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

That's an awesome time, CS or SH ? :) but I'm sure you could get quicker : ) The C6 ZR1 lap record was 7:19.63 ( likely done on Cup tires ), with the C7 Z06, I think the real car would do 7:15s or less on Z07 package ( Cup 2 tire ).

Brewguy44, TurnLeft and Pete05 like this.
  13. danbojte

danbojte

Updated. :cheers:

14. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Wow, first I thought you would drive a standard car :) but it's a typo, the Yaris RS TRD Street pack is standard car, while the picture is Vitz F :D If you don't mind please share it as well on the April car of the month thread :D Do you like the pink ? I this this car is special when in pink :lol:

15. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Thank you :) :tup:
    I used the Z07 with track settings on SH. Only did 2 laps, a warm up/get to know you lap and then treated it like a real life experience.
    If I spent some more time, I could probably get under the C6 time but that would be totally on edge. It's very skittish and doesn't give much warning of an impending departure of grip but that could be the famed Nordschleife bumps trying to spoil my day.

Brewguy44, TurnLeft and Ridox2JZGTE like this.
  16. danbojte

danbojte

I can't say I'm a big fan of pink, but it's OK. :p :lol:

17. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

A softer damper may be needed at green hell :) I think I read on MotorTrend, some of the cars when test at Big Willow have their dampers adjusted to better handle the bumps. The problem with the Z06 replica, the damper are already set at the optimum level for traction at Big Willow and Tsukuba, not sure if lowering the rear compression will be good. But I will highly recommend to install flat floor, the real car has stage 3 aero kit fitted ( included in Z07 package ), that adds more downforce. You may need to increase rear compression by 1 or 2, and should have much better rear traction.

I painted the Vitz red, then black, then blue then yellow and all of them feels wrong to my eyes, then I tried pink and I like it :O

18. danbojte

danbojte

Corrected now. :ouch: :D

Brewguy44 and TurnLeft like this.
  19. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Ok thanks :cheers:
    It sounds like I have some testing to do.
    I'll try all options & report back

[Edit]
    Upon investigation, it seems I already had the flat floor fitted to this car :dopey:
    Surprising really as that's something I never like fitting for it's detrimental effect on straightline performance :odd:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    Brewguy44, TurnLeft and Thorin Cain like this.
  20. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

Nice car Dan :p and nice win too. A must try you say :cool: I'm not painting it pink, sorry, just no.:yuck: I've got a nice Lilac to put on it :D

Anyway back to my reason for being here this time.

Excuse me Mr. @Ridox2JZGTE sir. I have a little technical question. I'm doing a little research for another restoration and I've found the car uses a ZF Limited-slip differential. It's described as a self-locking differential and I can find the locking rate just fine. My question is...To simulate this would I have matching load and pre-load with lower braking? or Would it be locked across all 3 settings at the same values? or would it be something completely different? :dopey:

Brewguy44, ALB123, TurnLeft and 2 others like this.
  21. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

The ZF self locking diff in the early VW and some other european cars have very low preload, they usually operates as open diff, but when high torque load applied, they will start to lock. These self lock diff also usually acts as open diff when on coast/overrun/ braking and the early ones were known as sliding pins and cams diff. Later ZF LSD have more variety in setup, from low to high preload, and locking on both drive/accel and overrun/braking ( characteristics can be tailored using ramp angle, preload and number of clutches )

We need more details on the ZF LSD :) The car it was fitted on, the lock rate on both drive and overrun, preload torque if any ?

22. danbojte

danbojte

It was in my intention to start a brainstorming to give this car a deserved color. :tup: ;)

23. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

I can't say too much about the car sssh, it's a secret :odd: other than it is early European and not a VW :)

The data I found says it has a locking rate of 45%. With 27.5% of the torque going to one wheel and 72.5% to the other. :confused:

24. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

I know. :idea: I stole @TurnLeft's crystal ball :sly:

Brewguy44, danbojte and TurnLeft like this.
  25. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

This secret car you speak of; can you hum the national anthem of the country it comes from?
    Er, wait, scratch that :odd:
    Is the national flag red, white & blue? :D

Brewguy44, ALB123 and TurnLeft like this.
  26. danbojte

danbojte

27. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

Dum Dum Dum Dum,
    Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum,
    Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum.
    :D

...and nope lol.

28. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

That is the torque bias ratio :) 27.5% : 72.5% is indeed 45% ( lock ), so if one wheel spinning and only capable to put down 100 lb ft torque, the other wheel can have up to 263 lb ft torque. The TBR is 2.63:1. This is likely for the drive side, rarely factory set up have more than 3:1 TBR on the overrun.

That is my understanding on the LSD torque bias ratio :) I may be right or wrong :lol:

29. danbojte

danbojte

I think mine will be black. Will see at home. :cool:

Brewguy44, Thorin Cain and TurnLeft like this.
  30. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Ah ha! That leaves Germany or Italy then doesn't it :D
    I was guessing it to be that gorgeous looking classic E cat. :banghead:

Brewguy44, Thorin Cain and TurnLeft like this.