RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
The SRT Viper GTS + T/A 2014 is a little bit quicker than the Stingray Z06 at Big Willow :) I will post the Viper as soon as it's ready, it has similar spring arrangement to E92 M3 ( real life based ) and drives quite unique compared to most FR muscle.

Ooohh can't wait for the Viper :cool: đź‘Ť Love those cars!!! I'll be looking forward to it!
gamer.gif

S30 Fairlady "Akuma" Z - Star Road Garage 300PS - Kaza's G27 review on CS tire.

I have a suggestion firstly, I'd ask for you to add this as an optional on the tune if you want? - I equipted the Inch up +2 GT Ab08 rims in a matte grey with red brakes to give it a more Devil Z look. The colour I used was 'Aegean Blue Pearl' from the Acura CL 3.2 Type-S '03. The GT Ab08's are the closest to the Watanabe 8.

SSR7/Wangan review - I couldn't test much here as of the limiter on speed because of the transmission stock, but getting to use the clutch on my G27 with a replica Devil Z was really fun! I almost felt like Akio when he tested the Z for the first time. :lol: It has a good handle, the only thing that I was finding strange was a lot of understeer then oversteer.

Matterhorn Rotenboden (Hakone in my case :D) - I got a 1:57.932 on a leisurely 2nd lap. What I said on the SSR7 part didn't apply here, it seems the handle was way more exciting. I had to really use the shifter and wheel hard around turns otherwise the Z would of shook me off course :lol:. But overally it's a solid handle and is a good setup for racing here I'd say. The transmission being stock must of helped here too.

SSR5 Clubman/C1 review - 1:03.992 on the 2nd lap. A great tune here! I tried my best on the second lap, on the first I had a bit of getting used to it as it's very oversteery on CS, but once you know how it handles it's predictable. I had lots of fun blasting around here with the Z! The only bad points is the hard oversteer if you don't know how it handles. Overall another great tune from you again Ridox! I'll try and get some more of the WM tunes reviewed this week too. đź‘Ť

Here are a couple pictures of me having fun in the Z...

Devil Z 1.jpg
Devil Z 2.jpg

I have a suggestion firstly, I'd ask for you to add this as an optional on the tune if you want? - I equipted the Inch up +2 GT Ab08 rims in a matte grey with red brakes to give it a more Devil Z look. The colour I used was 'Aegean Blue Pearl' from the Acura CL 3.2 Type-S '03. The GT Ab08's are the closest to the Watanabe 8.

SSR7/Wangan review - I couldn't test much here as of the limiter on speed because of the transmission stock, but getting to use the clutch on my G27 with a replica Devil Z was really fun! I almost felt like Akio when he tested the Z for the first time. :lol: It has a good handle, the only thing that I was finding strange was a lot of understeer then oversteer.

Matterhorn Rotenboden (Hakone in my case :D) - I got a 1:57.932 on a leisurely 2nd lap. What I said on the SSR7 part didn't apply here, it seems the handle was way more exciting. I had to really use the shifter and wheel hard around turns otherwise the Z would of shook me off course :lol:. But overally it's a solid handle and is a good setup for racing here I'd say. The transmission being stock must of helped here too.

SSR5 Clubman/C1 review - 1:03.992 on the 2nd lap. A great tune here! I tried my best on the second lap, on the first I had a bit of getting used to it as it's very oversteery on CS, but once you know how it handles it's predictable. I had lots of fun blasting around here with the Z! The only bad points is the hard oversteer if you don't know how it handles. Overall another great tune from you again Ridox! I'll try and get some more of the WM tunes reviewed this week too. đź‘Ť

View attachment 344605 View attachment 344606

Thank you for review and suggestions for the wheel and paint, will add those when I will update the replica again. I have to drive the S30 again, it's been a while :) I will look into the understeer and oversteer, the setup was made back in early days of GT6. đź‘Ť

Thank you for review and suggestions for the wheel and paint, will add those when I will update the replica again. I have to drive the S30 again, it's been a while :) I will look into the understeer and oversteer, the setup was made back in early days of GT6. đź‘Ť

Awesome! I'm testing it in a lobby at the moment too. I'll see if I can make a good transmission tune. :cheers:

View attachment 344605 View attachment 344606
I've been meaning to ask this question for a while... What are Wangan Midnight tunes? Is that a tuning garage or something? Also, I see that the name of this tune is Akuma Z, but KazaMR2 then refers to a "Devil Z look". Is that the same car, but a different color? I apologize, but I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to tuning companies. :embarrassed:

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while... What are Wangan Midnight tunes? Is that a tuning garage or something? Also, I see that the name of this tune is Akuma Z, but KazaMR2 then refers to a "Devil Z look". Is that the same car, but a different color? I apologize, but I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to tuning companies. :embarrassed:

Wangan Midnight is an Anime/manga series, the tunes are replicas from the show :D. I tried to get the main character's car the 'Devil Z' or 'Akuma no Zetto' look by adding wheels simaler to Watanabe 8 spoke and I found a similar colour to the Devil Z too (and couldn't find the stock colour).

I remember asking @Ridox2JZGTE the exact same question somewhere but had completely forgot what they were :ouch:, thanks for doing it again đź‘Ť, I'll try to remember this time. What I'm curious about is how do you make a replica of an animated car? Did they give you enough clues to go on like speed, lap times, engine power , etc to go on?

Wangan Midnight is an Anime/manga series, the tunes are replicas from the show :D. I tried to get the main character's car the 'Devil Z' or 'Akuma no Zetto' look by adding wheels simaler to Watanabe 8 spoke and I found a similar colour to the Devil Z too (and couldn't find the stock colour).
Oh my gosh...Well, don't I feel stupid!! :crazy: :dunce: :D Wangan Midnight is an Anime series. I can't believe I asked if it was a tuning company. :lol: Oh, I am sitting over here laughing at myself. ;) Thank you for clearing that up, KazaMR2.

I remember asking @Ridox2JZGTE the exact same question somewhere but had completely forgot what they were :ouch:, thanks for doing it again đź‘Ť, I'll try to remember this time. What I'm curious about is how do you make a replica of an animated car? Did they give you enough clues to go on like speed, lap times, engine power , etc to go on?
Oh my gosh...Well, don't I feel stupid!! :crazy: :dunce: :D Wangan Midnight is an Anime series. I can't believe I asked if it was a tuning company. :lol: Oh, I am sitting over here laughing at myself. ;) Thank you for clearing that up, KazaMR2.

Not knowing certain anime is fine :) Only nerds and geeks watch them :lol: just kidding :P In the manga/comics and anime, most of the cars are described in the story with quite details. The plot has some technical details in tuning and driving, similar to Initial D, but Wangan Midnight dig deeper IMO.

Sorry. What I was trying to say before my phone decided I was done was.

I had the same problem for ages too, Google is a wonderful thing. ;)

Last edited:
I've hit the 'Like' button only because there isn't a 'Love' button. I've had a C7 Corvette for a while now running 650bhp as a very crude Z06 but it's an absolute lunatic and will suddenly try and kill the virtual me if I get careless for even a second :scared:
Now I'll be able to put a decent suspension setup underneath it and probably survive if I push a little harder than cruise speed.
Looks like I might have to run a few laps at the Nordschleife and see what she's got :mischievous:

[EDIT] I managed to do a lap in 7:24:388 so it's not shy.
Be prepared to do a lot of short-shifting from 3rd to 4th gear & don't even think of using full throttle in 2nd gear period or 3rd unless you have her pointed in a straightline! In a word: feisty

Thank you :bowdown:

That's an awesome time, CS or SH ? :) but I'm sure you could get quicker : ) The C6 ZR1 lap record was 7:19.63 ( likely done on Cup tires ), with the C7 Z06, I think the real car would do 7:15s or less on Z07 package ( Cup 2 tire ).

A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge:
Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Reverse

Winners:

No Aids, No ABS, G27
PP: 500, HP: 443, Tyres: Sports Hard,
BB: 6/6
Rims: Rays 57 Ultimate (my option - the spokes' design is closer to the original) :sly:

View attachment 342218

đź‘Ť

No Aids, No ABS, G27
PP:490, HP: 414, Tyres: Comfort Soft

View attachment 344071

đź‘Ť
P. S. : I wish I have a capture card...

Update:

Toyota YARIS RS Turbo '02 TRD Street Pack 231HP 450PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

No Aids, No ABS, G27

PP:450, HP: 231, Tyres: Sports Hard

View attachment 345085

Big pleasure, excellent car! It's a must for everyone. đź‘Ť

Wow, first I thought you would drive a standard car :) but it's a typo, the Yaris RS TRD Street pack is standard car, while the picture is Vitz F :D If you don't mind please share it as well on the April car of the month thread :D Do you like the pink ? I this this car is special when in pink :lol:

That's an awesome time, CS or SH ? :) but I'm sure you could get quicker : ) The C6 ZR1 lap record was 7:19.63 ( likely done on Cup tires ), with the C7 Z06, I think the real car would do 7:15s or less on Z07 package ( Cup 2 tire ).
Thank you :) đź‘Ť
I used the Z07 with track settings on SH. Only did 2 laps, a warm up/get to know you lap and then treated it like a real life experience.
If I spent some more time, I could probably get under the C6 time but that would be totally on edge. It's very skittish and doesn't give much warning of an impending departure of grip but that could be the famed Nordschleife bumps trying to spoil my day.

Thank you :) đź‘Ť
I used the Z07 with track settings on SH. Only did 2 laps, a warm up/get to know you lap and then treated it like a real life experience.
If I spent some more time, I could probably get under the C6 time but that would be totally on edge. It's very skittish and doesn't give much warning of an impending departure of grip but that could be the famed Nordschleife bumps trying to spoil my day.

A softer damper may be needed at green hell :) I think I read on MotorTrend, some of the cars when test at Big Willow have their dampers adjusted to better handle the bumps. The problem with the Z06 replica, the damper are already set at the optimum level for traction at Big Willow and Tsukuba, not sure if lowering the rear compression will be good. But I will highly recommend to install flat floor, the real car has stage 3 aero kit fitted ( included in Z07 package ), that adds more downforce. You may need to increase rear compression by 1 or 2, and should have much better rear traction.

I can't say I'm a big fan of pink, but it's OK. :P :lol:

I painted the Vitz red, then black, then blue then yellow and all of them feels wrong to my eyes, then I tried pink and I like it :embarrassed:

A softer damper may be needed at green hell :) I think I read on MotorTrend, some of the cars when test at Big Willow have their dampers adjusted to better handle the bumps. The problem with the Z06 replica, the damper are already set at the optimum level for traction at Big Willow and Tsukuba, not sure if lowering the rear compression will be good. But I will highly recommend to install flat floor, the real car has stage 3 aero kit fitted ( included in Z07 package ), that adds more downforce. You may need to increase rear compression by 1 or 2, and should have much better rear traction.

I painted the Vitz red, then black, then blue then yellow and all of them feels wrong to my eyes, then I tried pink and I like it :embarrassed:
Ok thanks :cheers:
It sounds like I have some testing to do.
I'll try all options & report back

[Edit]
Upon investigation, it seems I already had the flat floor fitted to this car :dopey:
Surprising really as that's something I never like fitting for it's detrimental effect on straightline performance :odd:

Last edited:
Nice car Dan :P and nice win too. A must try you say :cool: I'm not painting it pink, sorry, just no.:yuck: I've got a nice Lilac to put on it :D

Anyway back to my reason for being here this time.

Excuse me Mr. @Ridox2JZGTE sir. I have a little technical question. I'm doing a little research for another restoration and I've found the car uses a ZF Limited-slip differential. It's described as a self-locking differential and I can find the locking rate just fine. My question is...To simulate this would I have matching load and pre-load with lower braking? or Would it be locked across all 3 settings at the same values? or would it be something completely different? :dopey:

Nice car Dan :P and nice win too. A must try you say :cool: I'm not painting it pink, sorry, just no.:yuck: I've got a nice Lilac to put on it :D

Anyway back to my reason for being here this time.

Excuse me Mr. @Ridox2JZGTE sir. I have a little technical question. I'm doing a little research for another restoration and I've found the car uses a ZF Limited-slip differential. It's described as a self-locking differential and I can find the locking rate just fine. My question is...To simulate this would I have matching load and pre-load with lower braking? or Would it be locked across all 3 settings at the same values? or would it be something completely different? :dopey:

The ZF self locking diff in the early VW and some other european cars have very low preload, they usually operates as open diff, but when high torque load applied, they will start to lock. These self lock diff also usually acts as open diff when on coast/overrun/ braking and the early ones were known as sliding pins and cams diff. Later ZF LSD have more variety in setup, from low to high preload, and locking on both drive/accel and overrun/braking ( characteristics can be tailored using ramp angle, preload and number of clutches )

We need more details on the ZF LSD :) The car it was fitted on, the lock rate on both drive and overrun, preload torque if any ?

The ZF self locking diff in the early VW and some other european cars have very low preload, they usually operates as open diff, but when high torque load applied, they will start to lock. These self lock diff also usually acts as open diff when on coast/overrun/ braking and the early ones were known as sliding pins and cams diff. Later ZF LSD have more variety in setup, from low to high preload, and locking on both drive/accel and overrun/braking ( characteristics can be tailored using ramp angle, preload and number of clutches )

We need more details on the ZF LSD :) The car it was fitted on, the lock rate on both drive and overrun, preload torque if any ?
I can't say too much about the car sssh, it's a secret :odd: other than it is early European and not a VW :)

The data I found says it has a locking rate of 45%. With 27.5% of the torque going to one wheel and 72.5% to the other. :confused:

I can't say too much about the car sssh, it's a secret :odd: other than it is early European and not a VW :)

The data I found says it has a locking rate of 45%. With 27.5% of the torque going to one wheel and 72.5% to the other. :confused:
This secret car you speak of; can you hum the national anthem of the country it comes from?
Er, wait, scratch that :odd:
Is the national flag red, white & blue? :D

That is the torque bias ratio :) 27.5% : 72.5% is indeed 45% ( lock ), so if one wheel spinning and only capable to put down 100 lb ft torque, the other wheel can have up to 263 lb ft torque. The TBR is 2.63:1. This is likely for the drive side, rarely factory set up have more than 3:1 TBR on the overrun.

That is my understanding on the LSD torque bias ratio :) I may be right or wrong :lol:

Back