RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
@TurnLeft Don't apologize for double-posting. I don't believe that mods or admins would really care in a personal Garage like this where there is, at most, 10 regular posters. I'm sure there are many more visitors, but overall the post count in this thread isn't outrageous. I often double and sometimes triple post because I have something new to say that's unrelated to my previous post (otherwise I would use an EDIT:) and no body else has posted since me in quite some time. Anyway, as long as it's not obnoxious and intentionally making separate posts just to split up different one sentence comments, I seriously doubt the mods would intervene.

While on that subject, I've had a thought recently, and I really, really wish GTP would consider doing this. For the long standing, well know garages, I wish they would make them into their own unique sub-forum. So, you would have "Forums / Games / Gran Turismo 7 / GT7 Tuning Forum / Ridox Replica Garage". General tuning discussion, or the smaller tuning garages could still post in the main thread. Then Ridox, for example, could have a sticky thread up top of his forum that is just a directory of his tunes. There could be a General Discussion thread where we shoot the shiznit about his tunes, or seasonals or whatever. Finally, Ridox could create a unique thread for each and every tune he publishes. This would help facilitate looking for specific tunes without going into the actual sticky post tuning directory. Also, it would limit conversation in each thread to ONLY discussion or questions about each tune.

As it stands now, you get some joker like ALB123 who only now builds a car that Ridox released over a year ago. I do my usual reply to the thread that contains the tune and leave some comments or thoughts. Then maybe Ridox responds to that post, or even some other regular comments about the car and then we move on. Now, throughout these 95 pages of this garage, currently, who the heck knows where ALL of the discussion regarding Ridox's Audi R8 GT3 tune is? Or his Nicks Forza Ferrari Dino? Wouldn't it be nice to have individual threads for each tune, so any and all discussion related to a specific tune can be found as replies to the tune posting itself?

Anyway, this was just a thought. I suppose there might be a problem with hurt feelings if someone is not given their own tuning garage sub-forum. Obviously, no one wants that. Maybe there is a better way to do it than I suggested, but as it is right now, there are definitely some good garages out there that probably don't get seen a lot because they aren't updated as frequently as the bigger ones, and then they slip down the thread listing never to be seen by some members.

@TurnLeft Don't apologize for double-posting. I don't believe that mods or admins would really care in a personal Garage like this where there is, at most, 10 regular posters. I'm sure there are many more visitors, but overall the post count in this thread isn't outrageous. I often double and sometimes triple post because I have something new to say that's unrelated to my previous post (otherwise I would use an EDIT:) and no body else has posted since me in quite some time. Anyway, as long as it's not obnoxious and intentionally making separate posts just to split up different one sentence comments, I seriously doubt the mods would intervene.

While on that subject, I've had a thought recently, and I really, really wish GTP would consider doing this. For the long standing, well know garages, I wish they would make them into their own unique sub-forum. So, you would have "Forums / Games / Gran Turismo 7 / GT7 Tuning Forum / Ridox Replica Garage". General tuning discussion, or the smaller tuning garages could still post in the main thread. Then Ridox, for example, could have a sticky thread up top of his forum that is just a directory of his tunes. There could be a General Discussion thread where we shoot the shiznit about his tunes, or seasonals or whatever. Finally, Ridox could create a unique thread for each and every tune he publishes. This would help facilitate looking for specific tunes without going into the actual sticky post tuning directory. Also, it would limit conversation in each thread to ONLY discussion or questions about each tune.

As it stands now, you get some joker like ALB123 who only now builds a car that Ridox released over a year ago. I do my usual reply to the thread that contains the tune and leave some comments or thoughts. Then maybe Ridox responds to that post, or even some other regular comments about the car and then we move on. Now, throughout these 95 pages of this garage, currently, who the heck knows where ALL of the discussion regarding Ridox's Audi R8 GT3 tune is? Or his Nicks Forza Ferrari Dino? Wouldn't it be nice to have individual threads for each tune, so any and all discussion related to a specific tune can be found as replies to the tune posting itself?

Anyway, this was just a thought. I suppose there might be a problem with hurt feelings if someone is not given their own tuning garage sub-forum. Obviously, no one wants that. Maybe there is a better way to do it than I suggested, but as it is right now, there are definitely some good garages out there that probably don't get seen a lot because they aren't updated as frequently as the bigger ones, and then they slip down the thread listing never to be seen by some members.

Man,talking about the R8 GT3...I still remember going hard in Nurb with it for hours DAY BY DAY.It is a good car,just that Ridox may have to tweak it a bit after the suspension update.:-P
About the popularity of this garage,actually I think it may be more famous than you think.Although regular posters here aren't many,whenever I talk about Ridox garage in comment section of YouTube,there are positive responses coming back.Not posting doesn't really mean not paying attention(should be:-P)
Anyway,the suggestion of making a sub-forum is good for me.Yet it all depends on the admins,so...look forward to it for now!
By the way,congratulations on tunes getting shown on the spotlight,Throne Cain.Keep on mate!:-D

Man,talking about the R8 GT3...I still remember going hard in Nurb with it for hours DAY BY DAY.It is a good car,just that Ridox may have to tweak it a bit after the suspension update.:-P
About the popularity of this garage,actually I think it may be more famous than you think.Although regular posters here aren't many,whenever I talk about Ridox garage in comment section of YouTube,there are positive responses coming back.Not posting doesn't really mean not paying attention(should be:-P)
Anyway,the suggestion of making a sub-forum is good for me.Yet it all depends on the admins,so...look forward to it for now!
By the way,congratulations on tunes getting shown on the spotlight,Throne Cain.Keep on mate!:-D
Oh, I totally agree that I believe this garage is much more popular than the post count suggests. I thought I said that, but perhaps I wasn't clear enough. :)

A sub forum for a specific tuning garage wouldn't do well on GTP, IMO :( The garage owner have to create a thread for each car, then with so many cars, :irked:, then the old forgotten cars will get buried :( ( like some of the cars on my OP that no one ever mention/review - just an example ). Finding a car will need dedicated thread which list all the links to the specific car thread, a redundancy and too much clutter.

As a thread creator, I will have to keep track on so many car threads to make sure no one gets ignored, it will be too much for one guy:scared:, now I have more than a hundred cars, imagine 100 threads to look after ...:ill: I also think it would not be fair for other garages with less activity or tunes published.

The current thread is the best we can have right now at GTP, it's doing the job well enough IMO.

I just checked the number of views on my garage thread, 265.963 views, that's a lot for a garage with less than 10 regular visitors/posters :P, but I'm sure the famous tuners with followers from GT5 will have more views :)

I didn't know that I'm that popular in Youtube, glad the response are positive, I always hope people can find joy in driving my cars.

And the no alerts nonsense starts again.:lol:

I've just seen this post now.

Thank you! :)

I can't believe it, just a shame they missed a very important detail. @TurnLeft is more deserving of any credit for our partnership being highlighted in the spotlight than I am. It was his creation and the work was all split right down the middle.

I've contacted the necessary staff member to hopefully have the article....Alert....Have just recieved word it will be amended later :)

I'm leaving Mr. @danbojte to my partner (By request :P) :cheers:

A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge:
Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Reverse

Winners:

No Aids, No ABS, G27
PP: 500, HP: 443, Tyres: Sports Hard,
BB: 6/6
Rims: Rays 57 Ultimate (my option - the spokes' design is closer to the original) :sly:

View attachment 342218

👍

Update:

No Aids, No ABS, G27
PP:490, HP: 414, Tyres: Comfort Soft

View attachment 344071

👍
P. S. : I wish I have a capture card...

:eek: Nice win with the BMW, how is she at Eiger ? better than the Boss 302 :sly: :D Don't worry about capture card, the picture speaks thousands words.

Last edited:
Toyota VITZ F "RS" Turbo 2012 Silk Road RM/A8 450PP

Special Build Vitz "RS" Turbo tuned with Silk Road RM/A8 Kit 450PP

Comfort Soft to Sport Medium

CAR : Toyota VITZ F '12
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 244 HP at 7000 RPM
Torque : 184.3 ft-lb at 6600 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 990 kg
Ballast : 100 kg
Ballast Position : -18
Weight Distribution : 61 / 39 as the real car spec, close to 62/38
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Stock or ENKEI Competition S2 in Matte Pink
Car Paint : Matte Pink

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Suspension
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension -SILK ROAD RM/A8 5/4 Springs with Factory Alignment Range
( 1.75" Front Drop / 2.75" Rear Drop )

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 96 75 ( rear supposed to be 70, not possible, 75 used )
Spring Rate: 5.00 4.00
Dampers (Compression): 7 7
Dampers (Extension): 7 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 5
Camber Angle: 0.2 1.0 ( Front Camber 0.17+-0.75, Rear Camber 0.95+-0.75 )
Toe Angle: 0.08 0.24 ( Toe In Front range 0.08+-0.16, Toe In Rear range 0.24+-0.24 )

Suspension -SILK ROAD RM/A8 5/4 Springs with Track/Race Alignment
( 1.75" Front Drop / 2.75" Rear Drop )

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 96 75 ( rear supposed to be 70, not possible, 75 used )
Spring Rate: 5.00 4.00
Dampers (Compression): 7 7
Camber Angle: 0.2 1.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 -0.40 ( HKS Track Test Alignment )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Toyota VITZ RS Manual 5 Speed + Final Swap
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.312
Set Auto Max Speed at 220kmh / 137mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.166
2nd 1.904
3rd 1.392
4th 1.031
5th 0.815
Set Final : 4.312

LSD - 1 Way TRD Helical LSD

Initial Torque : 17
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Brake Balance:
7/9 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/7, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/9 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This is one of rarest FF tuned in GT6 :)

For this build, I used Silk Road RM/A8 coilover damper kit with 5kg/4kg spring package. Toyota VITZ factory alignment range has also been implemented. The coilover allows nice drop at 1 3/4" front and 2 3/4" rear, this gives nice stance and visually level appearance.

LSD uses TRD Helical Type 1 Way. I retained stock weight and distribution, but I fine tuned the balance via weight reduction and ballast to achieve closer to 62/38 of the real car. With only rear seats removal and spare tire in real life, weight shifted forward to 63/37.

As the real car and in GT6 is equipped with 175 wide tire and 14 inch diameter, comfort soft will struggle for traction with the amount of power and torque on 450PP, thus sports hard is highly recommended.

Gearing has been changed from CCVT to 5 Speed Manual, taken from Toyota VITZ RS Manual Ratio. The gearing is well balanced with enough top speed for medium speed track.

The VITZ F 450PP was tuned and tested at Red Bull Ring Short, Tsukuba, Nurburgring GP/D and Big Willlow. At Tsukuba, it can lap easy 1:06s on CS tire, not bad for a VITZ :) Not as quick as my J's Racing Honda FIT RS Turbo as the VITZ retains stock ratio 5 Speed :P

UPDATE : Added race alignment setup and some fixes to the toe values.

Tune has been updated :)

ZEEK Tuned MR2 GTS '97 BM 400PS

Tuned to replicate BM Super Battle ZEEK MR2 GTS - Comfort Soft

CAR : Toyota SW20 MR2 GTS '97
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 400 PS at 6500 RPM
Torque: 325.0 ft-lb at 6100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.2%
Weight: 1270 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 44/56 as stock
Performance Points: 503 PP

GT AUTO
Oil Change
Improve Body Rigidity ( Optional ) - there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended.
Wheels :Stock
Car Paint : Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Racing Brakes Kit
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD

LSD - TRD Mechanical 2 way -high preload
Initial Torque : 24
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 24

Suspension :
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 82 92
Spring Rate: 6.37 7.14
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 3
Camber Angle: 2.0 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.40

Racing Brakes Brake Balance :
7/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The famous powerful MR2 GTS in the 90's, ZEEK tuned MR2 GTS packs a lot of punch, with 400PS/325 ft lb torque and lean body. The car was raced in Best Motoring Super Battle against Ferrari F40, Lamborghini Diablo, Venturi Challenge 400, RUF BR2, Porsche 964 RSR, Honda NA1 NSX R, and Nissan Skyline BNR32 GTR. I tried my best to replicate power and torque, suspension are the result of over 400km of test and tuning at various tracks ( Tsukuba, Bathurst, Brands Hatch GP, Big Willow ) Tune drives well on comfort soft, higher grip tires should work great.

IMPORTANT :

Never do sudden lift off the throttle in mid corner or entry :) Trail brake on entry with some throttle if the rear unsettled, precision and smooth steering is mandatory with this car. Get the steering, throttle and brake spot on, enjoy great entry, mid corner and exit speed. The car is tuned to glide out slow corner with almost neutral rear, throttle steer smoothly :cheers: With that said, this car requires dedication and practice :D

UPDATE 1.04 : Fixed damper, toe and camber :)
1.16 : Partial update to toe and LSD, will make further update again

Partial update, will make changes again soon :)

:eek: Nice win with the BMW, how is she at Eiger ? better than the Boss 302 :sly: :D Don't worry about capture card, the picture speaks thousands words.
If it is treated nice, it rewards a lot of pleasure.

It is a fast car, my friend. It won at SPA on CS and 489PP (Specs Car & Driver 7 Sp SMG/DKG 2010 June 21), against 540PP on SS European cars (IB Class).

9h2x2XxQLgsooMy0kd_0[1].jpg

:cheers:

If it is treated nice, it rewards a lot of pleasure.

It is a fast car, my friend. It won at SPA on CS and 489PP (Specs Car & Driver 7 Sp SMG/DKG 2010 June 21), against 540PP on SS European cars (IB Class).

👍👍👍, Great drive, can't wait to try it and the Boss302

Soon, there will be a new challenger : the Z06 Stingray with Z07 package, 1:24s at Big Willow on CS tire, the real life record by Randy Pobst 1:25.00, 650HP, 650lbft, 1600+kg, 7 speed MT, and 1.19G 300ft skidpad :crazy:, the Z06 is the new muscle superstar. 2 tires, Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP and Pilot Cup 2 ZP.
Pilot Cup 2 is closer to SH, but CS is more than enough at Big Willow :D

Soon, there will be a new challenger : the Z06 Stingray with Z07 package, 1:24s at Big Willow on CS tire, the real life record by Randy Pobst 1:25.00, 650HP, 650lbft, 1600+kg, 7 speed MT, and 1.19G 300ft skidpad :crazy:, the Z06 is the new muscle superstar. 2 tires, Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP and Pilot Cup 2 ZP.
Pilot Cup 2 is closer to SH, but CS is more than enough at Big Willow
So a three way race?

Pilot Cup 2 is closer to SH, but CS is more than enough at Big Willow :D
:bowdown:

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Super Veloce '09 Replica

Tuned to replicate Murcielago LP670-4 SV
Comfort Soft

CAR : Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV '09

Specs
Horsepower: 660 HP at 8000 RPM
Torque: 486.7 ft-lb at 6500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1751 kg
Ballast : 186 kg
Ballast Position : 19
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58
Performance Points: 566

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT installed in this build )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Verde Ithaca or Mystic Teal Metallic or or Cyberia Blue or
GT6 Polarized 007 / 008 / 010 / 011 / 012 / 031 / 034 / 044

Suspension - Hard Springs LP670-4 SV Optional
Custom Setup with Optimized Spring Ratio + Track FSD Damper
Front, Rear
Ride Height: 115 115
Spring Rate: 10.27 16.01
Dampers (Compression): 7 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 0.8 1.3
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.10

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 6 Speed LP670-4 SV with 2.530 Axle + 1.24 Transfer Gear Ratio
Corrected Final Drive Ratio
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.500
Set Auto Max Speed at 261kmh / 162mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.091
2nd 2.105
3rd 1.565
4th 1.241
5th 1.065
6th 0.939
Set Final 3.137 ( Effective Final )

LSD 1 way front and 2 way rear ( low preload 25% / 45% )
FRONT
Initial Torque : 9
Acceleration Sensitivity: 15
Braking Sensitivity: 5
REAR
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 27

AERO
Front : 50 ( Fixed )
Rear : 100 ( Fixed )

Brake Balance:
5/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/5 or 3/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Murcielago LP670-4 SV is a quick build replica mainly tested at Midfield, Midfield Reverse, Silverstone GP and Motegi Road Course.

I spent about 30 minutes to build and another 20+minutes testing at various tracks.

The LP670-4 SV uses Sport Auto test weight at 1751kg with 42/58 distribution, power at 660HP / 670PS.
Gearing has been fixed by referencing Murcielago gear ratios used on LP640-4 and various data gathered from car database site and forums. There are reports of higher speed achieved on 2nd gear at 100mph and this may be due to different final used when bought. I only have the base final available at the moment.

Suspension uses custom spring rate in 2 flavors, soft and hard, both utilize similar spring ratio optimized to obtain delicate balance chassis in low to high speed. The soft spring set is the base, this offers good balance in control, stability and response. The hard spring set gives more immediate steering, better high speed agility at the expense of harsher ride and may not compliant on the rough road / bumpy track.

For LSD, the real car uses 25% lock at the front axle and 45% rear axle lock. The replica has been tuned with LSD to reflect this and aimed to reduce understeer compared to the LP640-4.

When tested at Midfield, it was capable of 1:17.4s lap on comfort soft. The LP670 SV was a thrill ride from start to finish, very fun and rewarding to drive. I have provided the replay, feel free to watch the exciting lap :D

As you know I've been taking a few of your cars for driving practice :rolleyes:, I really like it when I have a goal to try too reach + the replays come in handy.

The one thing that I like about this one is the almost perfect smoothness of the car, and though it demands to be treated very lightly it does perform very well. The traction is very light, I would imagine that the IRL it might have a bit more grip but then the way PD calculates it's time would be off if we put tires with more grip, so the choice is real feel or real time, then again I've never driven a car at 300kmh so how would I know :crazy:, all I have driven are a Camry 👍, a Matrix 👎 and my AWD Outback 👍👍👍 and the max I ever hit was 120 kmh, and at that speed the LP670 hugs the curves easily. Had a bit of trouble with the transmission, there's not much space above the redline and I often shifted late, by the sound of the engine it always felt it had more to give on each gear. The first gear is great for sharp turning but it's range is so small you have to shift to second as you start to accelerate.

If you're careful to not over heat the tires it's pretty much magic, but the second they turn red you can loose it quickly, I know :sly:, it then becomes a bad boy drifting monster.

The only place I found it very hard was as you go down on the s towards the tunnel, hard place to nail just right, and coming out is an easy place to lose a lot of time, there seems to be a couple of bumps on the road that throw it off on that hairpin curve and just before going back on the straighaway. BTW my BB was 3/3, not very aggressive but it got me home alive.

I really liked this cars balance 👍, it turns on a dime which is surprising for a 4WD, and if fitted with it becomes a mean machine but much less challenging :lol:. I've included my best laps from my first session to the last, I'm putting this one away for a while and go try out the other ones I have parked up in the garage.

Picture 28.png

As you know I've been taking a few of your cars for driving practice :rolleyes:, I really like it when I have a goal to try too reach + the replays come in handy.

The one thing that I like about this one is the almost perfect smoothness of the car, and though it demands to be treated very lightly it does perform very well. The traction is very light, I would imagine that the IRL it might have a bit more grip but then the way PD calculates it's time would be off if we put tires with more grip, so the choice is real feel or real time, then again I've never driven a car at 300kmh so how would I know :crazy:, all I have driven are a Camry 👍, a Matrix 👎 and my AWD Outback 👍👍👍 and the max I ever hit was 120 kmh, and at that speed the LP670 hugs the curves easily. Had a bit of trouble with the transmission, there's not much space above the redline and I often shifted late, by the sound of the engine it always felt it had more to give on each gear. The first gear is great for sharp turning but it's range is so small you have to shift to second as you start to accelerate.

If you're careful to not over heat the tires it's pretty much magic, but the second they turn red you can loose it quickly, I know :sly:, it then becomes a bad boy drifting monster.

The only place I found it very hard was as you go down on the s towards the tunnel, hard place to nail just right, and coming out is an easy place to lose a lot of time, there seems to be a couple of bumps on the road that throw it off on that hairpin curve and just before going back on the straighaway. BTW my BB was 3/3, not very aggressive but it got me home alive.

I really liked this cars balance 👍, it turns on a dime which is surprising for a 4WD, and if fitted with it becomes a mean machine but much less challenging :lol:. I've included my best laps from my first session to the last, I'm putting this one away for a while and go try out the other ones I have parked up in the garage.

View attachment 344375

:D Nice review, a good read too. The Murci is special, very responsive to suspension tuning, and @Thorin Cain pick it for his entry in Midfield Supercar, a good choice.

Saw your lap times, very good job 👍

ZEEK Tuned MR2 GTS '97 BM 400PS

Tuned to replicate BM Super Battle ZEEK MR2 GTS - Comfort Soft

CAR : Toyota SW20 MR2 GTS '97

Specs
Horsepower: 400 PS at 6500 RPM
Torque: 325.0 ft-lb at 6100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.2%
Weight: 1320 kg
Ballast : 165 kg
Ballast Position : 16
Weight Distribution : 43/57 as in real life 42.4 / 57.6
Performance Points: 500 PP

GT AUTO
Oil Change
Improve Body Rigidity ( Optional ) - there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended.
Wheels :Stock
Car Paint : Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Racing Brakes Kit - Optional
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1

LSD - TRD Mechanical 2 way -high preload
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 24

Suspension :
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 82 92
Spring Rate: 6.37 7.14
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 5 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 2.0 1.0
Toe Angle: 0.08 0.40

Racing Brakes Brake Balance :
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The famous powerful MR2 GTS in the 90's, ZEEK tuned MR2 GTS packs a lot of punch, with 400PS/325 ft lb torque and lean body. The car was raced in Best Motoring Super Battle against Ferrari F40, Lamborghini Diablo, Venturi Challenge 400, RUF BR2, Porsche 964 RSR, Honda NA1 NSX R, and Nissan Skyline BNR32 GTR. I tried my best to replicate power and torque, suspension are the result of over 400km of test and tuning at various tracks ( Tsukuba, Bathurst, Brands Hatch GP, Big Willow ) Tune drives well on comfort soft, higher grip tires should work great.

IMPORTANT :

Never do sudden lift off the throttle in mid corner or entry :) Trail brake on entry with some throttle if the rear unsettled, precision and smooth steering is mandatory with this car. Get the steering, throttle and brake spot on, enjoy great entry, mid corner and exit speed. The car is tuned to glide out slow corner with almost neutral rear, throttle steer smoothly :cheers: With that said, this car requires dedication and practice :D

UPDATE 1.04 : Fixed damper, toe and camber :)
1.16 : Update to toe and LSD, new weight + distribution, revised damper and ARB

More updates to the weight + distribution, new damper and ARB. Still needs work, will update again in the future.

:D Nice review, a good read too. The Murci is special, very responsive to suspension tuning, and @Thorin Cain pick it for his entry in Midfield Supercar, a good choice.

Saw your lap times, very good job 👍
It is a hugely fast car the SuperVeloce :) I wish I had the notion to go for it a little earlier.:banghead:

I've only had my grubby hands on the steering wheel of one of your Lamborghini so far. Guess which one :sly: I want to see how the lighter JGTC replica goes in comparison, the extra weight is a bit of an issue if I'm honest. Otherwise It as a surprisingly stable car :cool: I'm glad one of the testers finally got a great time in with it :eek: Man he's fast. If it makes you feel better, he's the only one that went quicker in mine than me too :lol:

It is a hugely fast car the SuperVeloce :) I wish I had the notion to go for it a little earlier.:banghead:

I've only had my grubby hands on the steering wheel of one of your Lamborghini so far. Guess which one :sly: I want to see how the lighter JGTC replica goes in comparison, the extra weight is a bit of an issue if I'm honest. Otherwise It as a surprisingly stable car :cool: I'm glad one of the testers finally got a great time in with it :eek: Man he's fast. If it makes you feel better, he's the only one that went quicker in mine than me too :lol:

The Diablo GT is also a fast car :) I'm guessing this is the one that you had driven. Surprisingly, his time with my Countach is very close to my test time with F40 built to spec for the shootout :D If I had entered the F40, things would be a lot different ( result ), or the Diablo GTR or the Gallardo replica :eek:

The Diablo GT is also a fast car :) I'm guessing this is the one that you had driven. Surprisingly, his time with my Countach is very close to my test time with F40 built to spec for the shootout :D If I had entered the F40, things would be a lot different ( result ), or the Diablo GTR or the Gallardo replica :eek:
Yup, it's the Countach I've driven, it was not the animal I expected. :) I can't get near his time at all I'm afraid, I'm around a second off most of his times :( A few tuners might not like my times so far, some times suffer too much with me using AT and an X shaped gas pedal :guilty: Poor Viper, poor F40. poor pretty much everything really. I really need to get a wheel :lol:

I'm not sure if the F40 would have been a good idea :crazy: there have been a lot of people having big trouble with the one that's there already. Very hard car to control, requires a lot of focus and skill to get round the track. Personally I think it's one of the most fun drives in the shootout :D even if the tail want's to do it's own thing sometimes...well most of the time really:lol: The Diablo GT is also very good fun drive and super fast. 👍

Corvette C7 Stingray Z06
Z07 Performance Package
Randy Pobst MotorTrend Test
"Big" Willow Springs International Raceway

Tuned to replicate Stingray Z06 2015
Comfort Soft to Sports Hard

C7Z06.JPG

CAR : Corvette Stingray C7 '14
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Hard

Specs Car & Driver 7 Spd Manual Test Weight
Horsepower: 650 HP / 659 PS at 6600 RPM
Torque: 654.2 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 96.6%
Weight: 1615 kg
Ballast : 115 kg
Ballast Position : -16
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - real life 50.5 / 49.5
Performance Points: 598

Specs Car & Driver 8 Spd AT Test Weight
Weight: 1614 kg
Ballast : 114 kg
Ballast Position : 1
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 - real life 49.5 / 50.5
Performance Points: 598

GT AUTO
Oil change
Aero Kits Type A
Flat Floor Type A
Wheels : Standard Size Stock RAYS 57Xtreme in Black
Car Paint : Sunset Pearlescent or Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - FE7 Z07 Performance Package
Street Alignment - Comfort Soft - Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 122 122
Spring Rate: 12.15 14.31
Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 7 6
Camber Angle: 0.9 1.1
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.00

Track Alignment - Sports Hard - Michelin Pilot Cup 2 ZP

Front, Rear

Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 7 6
Camber Angle: 2.0 1.7
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.05

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock gear ratio 7 Speed Tremec TR6070 C Set
with Active Rev Match

Set Default
Set Final to 5.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 349kmh / 217mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.289
2nd 1.611
3rd 1.208
4th 1.000
5th 0.813
6th 0.672
7th 0.454
Set Final Gear : 3.420 ( not yet tested on 1.17 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock gear ratio 8 Speed Hydra-Matic 8L90 AT Adapted to 7 Speed
Set Default
Set Final to 2.410
Set Auto Max Speed to 450kmh / 280mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.560
2nd 2.970
3rd 2.080
4th 1.690
5th 1.270
6th 1.000
7th 0.850
( 8th gear 0.650 for fuel conserve is not available and rarely if not will never be used at the track
with 175mph @3525 RPM - useless for performance )
Set Final Gear : 2.410

LSD Chevrolet C7 E-LSD
Acceleration Sensitiviy: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. For Racing Brakes kit, I recommend to start at 3/4.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 )with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Stingray Corvette C7 Z06 is the next evolution from the base Stingray. Equipped with multitude of performance upgrades, from power, brake, handling and aero.

The main power increase comes from the Eaton R1740 TVS Supercharger, a special blower built for the Z06, a little brother to the previous gen C6 ZR1 blower, Eaton R1900, the new blower capable to spin at higher speed @20000RPM. Faster than the older blower at @15000RPM, but displaces less air at 1.7 liters per rev against ZR1 blower at 2.3 liters and less peak boost at 9.4 psi vs 9.7 psi.

The blower allows the Z06 to reach 650HP and 650 lb ft of torque, a matching numbers :D There are 2 version of transmission, 7 speed Tremec TR6070 with Active Rev Match and 8 speed Hydra-Matic 8L90 automatic with paddle shifters. I have provided the 8 speed setup with only 7 speed available due to GT6 limitation. The 8th is very tall and only meant for cruising / fuel saver, and will never be used at the track. The 7 speed manual ratio will be updated later, use stock for now, shift point for both setup is 6500RPM.

For weight, I have used the Car & Driver test weight, with 7 speed manual Z06 at 1615kg and 50.5 / 49.5 distribution, while the 8 speed AT Z06 is 1kg lighter at 1614kg and more rear bias at 49.5 / 50.5.

Now, onto suspension, the FE6 ( base Z06 ) package have been reported to have similar stiffness to C6 Corvette ( possibly Z06 or base coupe ). I have also information on the Z07 ( Performance Package ) for Z06, this comprised of :

Z07 Performance Package, includes (J57) 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc, carbon ceramic brakes, (FE7)
Z07 suspension with Magnetic Selective Ride Control, (XFM) front P285/30ZR19 and rear P335/25ZR20 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 summer-only run flat tires, and level 3 Aero Package (splitter end plates and clear adjustable wicker bill)
Requires (CFZ) Carbon Fiber Package or (CFV) Carbon Fiber Visible Package.

As this replica is based on Z06 with Z07 Package, I used additional information that stated :

The front spring is 62% higher rate on the FE7 than the FE6.
The rear spring is 22% higher rate on the FE7 than the FE6.

The information is reportedly from Chevy engineer.

I set about to use the base C6 spring rate as foundation, after I tried the Z06 from C6 Vette as base and found it to be too stiff, although it may be usable. This brought the spring rate to : R 801.5 lb/in and F 680.4 lb/in. This may not be accurate, but it's the best I can get and I optimize the setup based on the spring rate.

I have included 2 alignment set, street and track. The street is best used with comfort tires and track with sports hard tires. The base FE6 package comes with Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP tires, while the FE7 ( Z07 ) comes with Michelin Pilot Cup 2 ZP ( a track ready tire/semi slick ). The Super Sport ZP tire is capable of 1.12G on 300ft Skidpad ( 7 Sp MT ) - on par with SRT Viper T/A, while the Michelin Pilot Cup 2 ZP is capable of 1.19G :eek: on 300ft Skidpad ( 8 Sp AT ). The Pilot Cup would be closer to SH tire in GT6, although I felt the lateral grip of SH is still higher than it should be. The best representation would be comfort soft tire and using street alignment.

The LSD is set based on previous replica of C6 Z06 Vette, although the C7 Z06 has E-LSD. The lsd setup is more than adequate to harness the torque and gives good traction at all speed.

The target performance for this build is Randy Pobst lap record at Big Willow on a test by MotorTrend and cars provided by Chevrolet. The Z06 with 7 speed MT managed 1:25.00 lap time, while the replica on 7 speed MT specs, CS tire and street alignment, managed 1:24s. For more realistic acceleration on higher speed ( more drag ), flat floor can be installed, but this might require stiffer rear damper compression ( increase by 1 or 2 ).

The Z06 also tested at Tsukuba where it beats the ZR1 real life Best Motoring record at 1:02.55, able to lap in low 1:02s on CS tire and early build.

I have provided the replay of the Big Willow lap, enjoy and use it as a ghost if you wish.

Flat floor and racing brakes has been fitted. As the flat floor adds a lot of downforce at the rear, damper and ARB has been stiffer all around.

UPDATE : Added Racing Brakes Kit and flat floor, updated damper and ARB for flat floor fitment.
Added 7 speed corrected ratio - C Set ratio and LSD preload at 18 ( loose )

Video of the 1st MotorTrend Test, Z06 VS NISMO GTR :

Attachments

• StingrayZ06Z07BigWillow1m24sCS.zip
    320.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Corvette C7 Stingray Z06
Z07 Performance Package
Randy Pobst MotorTrend Test
"Big" Willow Springs International Raceway

Tuned to replicate Stingray Z06 2015
Comfort Soft to Sports Hard

CAR : Corvette Stingray C7 '14
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Hard

Specs Car & Driver 7 Spd Manual Test Weight
Weight: 1615 kg
Ballast : 115 kg
Ballast Position : -16
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - real life 50.5 / 49.5
Performance Points: 574

Specs Car & Driver 8 Spd AT Test Weight
Weight: 1614 kg
Ballast : 114 kg
Ballast Position : 1
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 - real life 49.5 / 50.5
Performance Points: 575

GT AUTO
Oil change
Aero Kits Type A
Wheels : Standard Size Stock RAYS 57Xtreme in Black
Car Paint : Sunset Pearlescent or Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission ( ONLY for 8 SP AT )

Street Alignment - Comfort Soft - Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP

Front, Rear

Dampers (Compression): 3 2
Dampers (Extension): 5 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 4
Camber Angle: 0.9 1.1
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.00

Track Alignment - Sports Hard - Michelin Pilot Cup 2 ZP

Front, Rear

Dampers (Compression): 3 2
Dampers (Extension): 5 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 4
Camber Angle: 2.0 1.7
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.05

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock gear ratio 8 Speed Hydra-Matic 8L90 AT Adapted to 7 Speed
Set Default
Set Final to 2.410
Set Auto Max Speed to 450kmh / 280mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.560
2nd 2.970
3rd 2.080
4th 1.690
5th 1.270
6th 1.000
7th 0.850
( 8th gear 0.650 for fuel conserve is not available and rarely if not will never be used at the track
with 175mph @3525 RPM - useless for performance )
Set Final Gear : 2.410

LSD Chevrolet C7 E-LSD
Initial Torque : 22
Acceleration Sensitiviy: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

Brake Balance:
7/9 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/7, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 )with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Stingray Corvette C7 Z06 is the next evolution from the base Stingray. Equipped with multitude of performance upgrades, from power, brake, handling and aero.

The main power increase comes from the Eaton R1740 TVS Supercharger, a special blower built for the Z06, a little brother to the previous gen C6 ZR1 blower, Eaton R1900, the new blower capable to spin at higher speed @20000RPM. Faster than the older blower at @15000RPM, but displaces less air at 1.7 liters per rev against ZR1 blower at 2.3 liters and less peak boost at 9.4 psi vs 9.7 psi.

The blower allows the Z06 to reach 650HP and 650 lb ft of torque, a matching numbers :D There are 2 version of transmission, 7 speed Tremec TR6070 with Active Rev Match and 8 speed Hydra-Matic 8L90 automatic with paddle shifters. I have provided the 8 speed setup with only 7 speed available due to GT6 limitation. The 8th is very tall and only meant for cruising / fuel saver, and will never be used at the track. The 7 speed manual ratio is correct for the stock transmission, shift point for both setup is 6500RPM.

For weight, I have used the Car & Driver test weight, with 7 speed manual Z06 at 1615kg and 50.5 / 49.5 distribution, while the 8 speed AT Z06 is 1kg lighter at 1614kg and more rear bias at 49.5 / 50.5.

Now, onto suspension, the FE6 ( base Z06 ) package have been reported to have similar stiffness to C6 Corvette ( possibly Z06 or base coupe ). I have also information on the Z077 ( Performance Package ) for Z06, this comprised of :

As this replica is based on Z06 with Z07 Package, I used additional information that stated :

The front spring is 62% higher rate on the FE7 than the FE6.
The rear spring is 22% higher rate on the FE7 than the FE6.

The information is reportedly from Chevy engineer.

I set about to use the base C6 spring rate as foundation, after I tried the Z06 from C6 Vette as base and found it to be too stiff, although it may be usable. This brought the spring rate to : R 801.5 lb/in and F 680.4 lb/in. This may not be accurate, but it's the best I can get and I optimize the setup based on the spring rate.

I have included 2 alignment set, street and track. The street is bet used with comfort tires and track with sports hard tires. The base FE6 package comes with Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP tires, while the FE7 ( Z07 ) comes with Michelin Pilot Cup 2 ZP ( a track ready tire/semi slick ). The Super Sport ZP tire is capable of 1.12G on 300ft Skidpad ( 7 Sp MT ) - on par with SRT Viper T/A, while the Michelin Pilot Cup 2 ZP is capable of 1.19G :eek: on 300ft Skidpad ( 8 Sp AT ). The Pilot Cup would be closer to SH tire in GT6, although I felt the lateral grip of SH is still higher than it should be. The best representation would be comfort soft tire and using street alignment.

The LSD is set based on previous replica of C6 Z06 Vette, although the C7 Z06 has E-LSD. The lsd setup is more than adequate to harness the torque and gives good traction at all speed.

The target performance for this build is Randy Pobst lap record at Big Willow on a test by MotorTrend and cars provided by Chevrolet. The Z06 with 7 speed MT managed 1:25.00 lap time, while the replica on 7 speed MT specs, CS tire and street alignment, managed 1:24s. For more realistic acceleration on higher speed ( more drag ), flat floor can be installed, but this might require stiffer rear damper compression ( increase by 1 or 2 ).

The Z06 also tested at Tsukuba where it beats the ZR1 real life Best Motoring record at 1:02.55, able to lap in low 1:02s on CS tire and early build.

I have provided the replay of the Big Willow lap, enjoy and use it as a ghost if you wish.
I've hit the 'Like' button only because there isn't a 'Love' button. I've had a C7 Corvette for a while now running 650bhp as a very crude Z06 but it's an absolute lunatic and will suddenly try and kill the virtual me if I get careless for even a second :scared:
Now I'll be able to put a decent suspension setup underneath it and probably survive if I push a little harder than cruise speed.
Looks like I might have to run a few laps at the Nordschleife and see what she's got :mischievous:

[EDIT] I managed to do a lap in 7:24:388 so it's not shy.
Be prepared to do a lot of short-shifting from 3rd to 4th gear & don't even think of using full throttle in 2nd gear period or 3rd unless you have her pointed in a straightline! In a word: feisty

Thank you :bowdown:

Last edited:
I've hit the 'Like' button only because there isn't a 'Love' button. I've had a C7 Corvette for a while now running 650bhp as a very crude Z06 but it's an absolute lunatic and will suddenly try and kill the virtual me if I get careless for even a second :scared:
Now I'll be able to put a decent suspension setup underneath it and probably survive if I push a little harder than cruise speed.
Looks like I might have to run a few laps at the Nordschleife and see what she's got :mischievous:

Thank you :bowdown:

The SRT Viper GTS + T/A 2014 is a little bit quicker than the Stingray Z06 at Big Willow :) I will post the Viper as soon as it's ready, it has similar spring arrangement to E92 M3 ( real life based ) and drives quite unique compared to most FR muscle.

Back