RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
I just took the 791hp Wangan Midnight Blackbird out for a rip around La Sierra. Yup. I remembered exactly how terrifying that car is to drive, for me. There is obscene amounts of power oozing from this car. When the turbos spool up and let loose after 6000 rpm in 3rd gear, the wheels spin -- at 100mph! That's pretty much all you need to know about this death machine. :lol:

I then decided to build the smaller siblings to this 791 hp behemoth. There are 4 models to choose from, with slight variations in the suspension setup and overall power really being the only difference. Before writing this I finished a lap around La Sierra with the "weakest" of the Blackbirds. I have the word in quotation marks because we're still talking about 462 hp and 408 lb/feet of torque! :eek: You still have to be 100% focused when driving this car. Either PD really has rear-engine car physics wrong or this car is just this scary -- even around moderate curves you'll find yourself balancing the car with a slight amount of counter-steering. For some reason I feel like these cars are always on the verge of spinning me right around if my steering wheel isn't perfectly straight.

I'm glad I built the younger brothers to that monster Blackbird. Every now and then I really enjoy a challenge like the 4 Blackbirds provide. Honestly, the 791 hp Blackbird probably won't be seeing too many miles, but I think I could take out the lesser powered versions from time to time. đź‘Ť

I got a question: the Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car, Lupo 1.4, Lupo GTi '01 and Lupo GTi Race Car match this car of the 2 videos below?

A LaFerrari "replica" tune based on the Enzo?! :crazy: :eek: :dunce:

I've been meaning to say "Congratulations Ridox!" on having your Blackbird tune thrown into the spotlight on the front page of GTP's news section. I wonder what made them choose that particular car? :boggled: If I had to choose only one tune to highlight your skills as a tuner and more specifically, as a replica tuner, I'm not certain which tune I would highlight. You have quite a few good ones. I've been very impressed with some of the Lamborghini tunes, especially the Diablo tunes. The Ferrari F40 EU AUTO Motorsport Mag tune is definitely one of my favorites. I drive it a lot! Hmmm.... I'm not positive which I would choose.

You say you've got a Z06 tune? :confused: I'm sure your regulars would be more than happy to test the crap out of that setup! :lol: :D đź‘Ť Keep on doin' your thing, Ridox.... đź‘Ť

I just had a look at news page :) Thank you :D The Blackbird is a monster, not sure if that will scare the driver away or gives them something to enjoy :lol:, but sports tire will make it docile enough :P

If you get confused, pick one to be featured, there's always another week :sly:

Z06 was built once I got my hands on some official docs :) It's too much on CS tire, 650ft lb torque :eek:, must be spin city without TCS in real life.
I need to find more time to play :( I need to post the Amuse R1 and Wangan Midnight Kishida based on it, then some Japanese cars like TRD Sports M Celica, Ridox Supra, RALLIART Evo X, 370Z Nismo, Integra DC2, then E92 M3, SRT Viper T/A and C7 Z06. I may need to leave the notes blank to speed up posting when I can get to play for a few hours.

It's much better with the new picture. đź‘Ť Is that you in the photo? :P

I wished I have a quarter of his skills/talent :lol:

@ALB123 That highlight for the Blackbird was made in June 2014. :D :sly:

You nominated the car last year :confused: ?

I just took the 791hp Wangan Midnight Blackbird out for a rip around La Sierra. Yup. I remembered exactly how terrifying that car is to drive, for me. There is obscene amounts of power oozing from this car. When the turbos spool up and let loose after 6000 rpm in 3rd gear, the wheels spin -- at 100mph! That's pretty much all you need to know about this death machine. :lol:

I then decided to build the smaller siblings to this 791 hp behemoth. There are 4 models to choose from, with slight variations in the suspension setup and overall power really being the only difference. Before writing this I finished a lap around La Sierra with the "weakest" of the Blackbirds. I have the word in quotation marks because we're still talking about 462 hp and 408 lb/feet of torque! :eek: You still have to be 100% focused when driving this car. Either PD really has rear-engine car physics wrong or this car is just this scary -- even around moderate curves you'll find yourself balancing the car with a slight amount of counter-steering. For some reason I feel like these cars are always on the verge of spinning me right around if my steering wheel isn't perfectly straight.

I'm glad I built the younger brothers to that monster Blackbird. Every now and then I really enjoy a challenge like the 4 Blackbirds provide. Honestly, the 791 hp Blackbird probably won't be seeing too many miles, but I think I could take out the lesser powered versions from time to time. đź‘Ť

The Blackbird is at home when it's on the highway :D At the track with some low speed corners, beware of the rear end demon shaking you up :sly: Fit staggered grip level tire ( one level higher at the rear ), eg : SH / SM / SS on the rear and CS / SH / SM on the front for some tight driving :)

@ALB123 I'd suggest to take it to a SSR track and floor it. :lol: :sly:

Treed :lol:

I got a question: the Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car, Lupo 1.4, Lupo GTi '01 and Lupo GTi Race Car match this car of the 2 videos below?

Looks pretty close to stock power at 140PS, 6 speed close ratio, KW Rally / Bilstein Tarmac Coilover, it's in F2005/ Class 2 Rally car, might be done :)

Ahhh...I never even considered running staggered tires. That's a very good idea!! I just went out with CM all around! :lol: :D I could probably get away with CM/CS and definitely CS/SH would be plenty of grip. The car is just a raging animal. It really is... I'm all done driving for tonight, but I'll have to try the 791 hp Blackbird again tomorrow with some stickier tread in the rear. Spinning the tires at 100 mph. Good God! :D :lol: :boggled: đź‘Ť

Amuse R1 TITAN AP1 S2000
'ORANGE TOUGE MONSTER'
Hot Version Touge Showdown 280 & Tsukuba Time Attack

Tuned to replicate Amuse S2000 R1
Comfort Soft to Sports Hard

AmuseS2000R1.jpg

CAR : Amuse S2000 R1 '04
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sport Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 256 HP / 260 PS at 8000 RPM
Torque: 175.1 ft-lb at 6500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.3%
Weight: 1140 kg
Ballast : 20 kg
Ballast Position : 50
Weight Distribution : 49 / 51
Performance Points: 459

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) - MANDATORY
Wheels : Standard Size Stock or RAYS CE28N in Titanium Silver ( OPTIONAL )
Car Paint : Chrome Orange Metallic ( from Lotus Elise '96 )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Semi Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Fully Customizable Suspension

amuse_r1_titan_01.jpg

Suspension - AMUSE BILSTEIN / EIBACH HI TECH Damper Kit
TRACK ATTACK / Track Tire / Advan A048-R/ M
can also be used on street/touge

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 86 76
Spring Rate: 12.00 14.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 6
Dampers (Extension): 5 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 3
Camber Angle: 3.5 4.0 ( Optional front camber : -2.5 )
Toe Angle: -0.10 0.30 ( Optional front zero toe : 0.00 )

TOUGE BATTLE / Street Tire / Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R
can also be used on track

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 7.00 8.00 or 12.00 14.00 ( Optional )
Dampers (Extension): 6 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 5
Camber Angle: 2.5 4.0 ( Optional front camber : -3.5 )
Toe Angle: -0.13 0.33 ( Optional front zero toe : 0.00 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock gear ratio with AMUSE High Final 4.44
Early Setup

Set Default
Set Final to 5.155
Set Auto Max Speed to 250kmh / 155mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.133
2nd 2.045
3rd 1.481
4th 1.161
5th 0.970
6th 0.810
Set Final Gear : 5.155 - Corrected Final with 1.16 transfer gear.

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock gear ratio with AMUSE High Final 4.5
Later Setup

Set Default
Set Final to 5.224
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.133
2nd 2.045
3rd 1.481
4th 1.161
5th 0.970
6th 0.810
Set Final Gear : 5.224 - Corrected Final with 1.16 transfer gear.

LSD CUSCO Type MZ / RS 1 way ( AMUSE SPL )
TRACK/TOUGE

Initial Torque : 32
Acceleration Sensitiviy: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Aero
REAR = 100 ( MAX - FIXED )

Syracuse - Night_4.jpg

Brake Balance:
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Amuse R1 S2000 was first debuted in Hot Version videos Touge Showdown 280 Class.

The S2000 based on AP1 was heavily tuned but still has close to stock power at 260,2ps / 8439rpm and torque 23.9kgfm / 6447rpm.
I used later setup weight at 1140kg, the early setup 1124kg can also be used, simply reduce ballast to 4kg. I do not include this in the specs as it does not impact the car performance, and I prefer to use the heaviest / latest spec of the car. The distribution is at 49/51 as the Amuse R1 S2000 uses Amuse carbon hardtop and Mugen roll cage ( body rigidity mandatory )

The Amuse S2000 R1 uses Amuse own developed damper kit, employing Eibach racing springs and Bilstein revalved damper. There are 2 sets of springs, each used for specific task, touge uses 7k/8k, while track duty uses 12k/14k. Each springs setup has tailored damper, ARB and alignment. Ride height reduced by 45mm front and 55mm rear. Optional camber and toe for front tire also included for both spring setup.
The debut race in Touge 280, the Amuse R1 uses track setup springs 12/14, so it depends on the situation and preference of the tuner. You are free to use both springs setup as you like on any track condition, what works best for you is the most important. The 12/14 springs performed admirably well at Gunma Cycle Sports Center used in Touge 280 Showdown.

For gear ratio, the Amuse has stock gear ratios coupled with high final, 4.44 for early setup and later setup upgraded to 4.5 final. The GT6 S2000 needs correction when using custom transmission, the 1.16 transfer gear ratio is not calculated, so I have taken that into account when applying the final drive.

LSD uses Cusco Type MZ / RS, 1 way Amuse SPL setup, for this I used high preload setup with focus on high corner exit grip.

The Street/Touge Amuse R1 setup in real life uses Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R, this is similar to comfort soft, while the Track setup uses Advan A048-R / M Soft or Medium compound semi slick, which is similar to sports hard. The Tsukuba lap record for the Amuse R1 S2000 was 1:02s, this can be done with Track Attack setup ( 4.5 Final ) and SH tire. I also tested the car at SSR5, using Track Attack setup and comfort soft tire, managing 1:36s with ease.

I have provided the replay for Tsukuba lap as well as the SSR5 lap, should be enjoyable to watch and use as a ghost to race with. Below is a video of the Amuse R1 S2000 Legendary Debut in Hot Version Touge Showdown 280 Class :P

R1 titan.jpg

Attachments

• AmuseR1TrackSSR51m36sCS.zip
    350.3 KB · Views: 9
  • AmuseR1TrackTsukuba1m2sSH.zip
    262.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I just purchased this car within the last 2 weeks. Thank God you've decided to publish a tune for it. :D I'm letting B-Spec run the 24 Mins of Nurburgring while I check my watched threads on GTP. After that finishes, it's straight to the Garage to make sure my mechanics get my Amuse s2000 converted for me! :sly: đź‘Ť

Amuse R1 TITAN AP1 S2000
'ORANGE TOUGE MONSTER'

Specs

GT AUTO
NO Oil change

Tuning Parts Installed :
Semi Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD

Front, Rear

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 7.00 8.00

Early Setup

Set Default
Set Final to 5.155
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.133
2nd 2.045
3rd 1.481
4th 1.161
5th 0.970
6th 0.810

Later Setup

Set Default
Set Final to 5.224
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.133
2nd 2.045
3rd 1.481
4th 1.161
5th 0.970
6th 0.810

TRACK/TOUGE

Aero

Brake Balance:
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Amuse R1 S2000 was first debuted in Hot Version videos Touge Showdown 280 Class.

The S2000 based on AP1 was heavily tuned but still has close to stock power at 260,2ps / 8439rpm and torque 23.9kgfm / 6447rpm.
I used later setup weight at 1140kg, the early setup 1124kg can also be used, simply reduce ballast to 4kg. I do not include this in the specs as it does not impact the car performance, and I prefer to use the heaviest / latest spec of the car. The distribution is at 49/51 as the Amuse R1 S2000 uses Amuse carbon hardtop and Mugen roll cage ( body rigidity mandatory )

The Amuse S2000 R1 uses Amuse own developed damper kit, employing Eibach racing springs and Bilstein revalved damper. There are 2 sets of springs, each used for specific task, touge uses 7k/8k, while track duty uses 12k/14k. Each springs setup has tailored damper, ARB and alignment. Ride height reduced by 45mm front and 55mm rear. Optional camber and toe for front tire also included for both spring setup.

For gear ratio, the Amuse has stock gear ratios coupled with high final, 4.44 for early setup and later setup upgraded to 4.5 final. The GT6 S2000 needs correction when using custom transmission, the 1.16 transfer gear ratio is not calculated, so I have taken that into account when applying the final drive.

LSD uses Cusco Type MZ / RS, 1 way Amuse SPL setup, for this I used high preload setup with focus on high corner exit grip.

The Street/Touge Amuse R1 setup in real life uses Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R, this is similar to comfort soft, while the Track setup uses Advan A048-R / M Soft or Medium compound semi slick, which is similar to sports hard. The Tsukuba lap record for the Amuse R1 S2000 was 1:02s, this can be done with Track Attack setup ( 4.5 Final ) and SH tire. I also tested the car at SSR5, using Track Attack setup and comfort soft tire, managing 1:36s with ease.

I have provided the replay for Tsukuba lap as well as the SSR5 lap, should be enjoyable to watch and use as a ghost to race with. Below is a video of the Amuse R1 S2000 Legendary Debut in Hot Version Touge Showdown 280 Class :P

Oops! I was wrong. This Amuse S2000 wasn't the car that I recently bought. I was thinking of the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, a much different animal. Normally, I would pass on adding a standard model car to my Garage. Unless I really, really like the car in real life, I try to stick to Premium models only. Sadly, GT6 has a lot of awesome cars that are still old PS2 models. But, I digress...

My mechanics went right to work on my new Amuse R1 TITAN AP1 S2000 once Ridox faxed over the particulars of his tune. By time I arrived to the Nurburgring Nordschleife, my car was ready to tango! A full tank of gas and newly mounted CS tires with which to carve up the hills of this famous track was all I needed to know...I was ready.

This car is very sporty. I like the transmission in this car. Obviously, this is a car you're going to want to rev and 9000 RPMs will give you plenty of revving. The handling of this little S2000 is beautiful. It almost anticipates your turns. Just a slight roll of the steering wheel and the nose of my car is pointed exactly where I want her to go. I can't remember the last car I drove that had such a beautiful turn in. Even on Tsukuba, which I drove later, this was even more apparent when I rolled my way around those very tight Japanese turns.

The only downside I see for this car is the fact it is ~450PP and therefore it doesn't pack much of a punch at all. We all own plenty of cars that are ~450PP and there is nothing wrong with that category of car. This Amuse R1 Titan AP1 S2000, however, FEELS like a car that wants 100 more horsepower. :D Some cars feel perfect at ~250hp. This S2000 almost seems to be crying for more. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet. I'll have to see how she holds up against the other similarly tunes cars in my stable.

On a side note, I drove more laps around Tsukuba with the Street Suspension setup than I did with the Track Setup. Personally, my best time was achieved with the softer spring setup. It does have slightly firmer dampers, however, so don't take my word for anything. Try both to see which you prefer. Options are always good and that is why both setups will occupy Tabs A & B on my new 459PP Amuse R1 Tital AP1 S2000! đź‘Ť

Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 Replica
Tuned to replicate Corvette C5 Z06
Andy Pilgrim World Record at Willow Springs International Raceway
Comfort Medium / Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar

CAR : Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
Tire : Comfort Medium

Specs - Full Running Weight
Horsepower: 405 HP at 6000 RPM
Torque : 399.9 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.9%
Weight: 1474 kg
Ballast : 60 kg
Ballast Position : -12
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - as in real life spec ( 53.5 / 46.5 C&D Test )
Performance Points: 502

Specs - Car & Driver Test Curb Weight
Horsepower: 405 HP at 600 RPM
Torque : 399.9 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.9%
Weight: 1418 kg
Ballast : 4 kg
Ballast Position : -4
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - as in real life spec ( 53.5 / 46.5 C&D Test )
Performance Points: 505

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Rear Wing : Custom Wing Type A ( OPTIONAL ) - INSTALLED.
Wheels : Standard or RAYS GTS
Car Paint : Torch Red or Black or Millennium Yellow or Bordeaux Red Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD

Suspension - FE-4 C5 Z06 Corvette Suspension Package 525/714
C&D Test Ride Height
Personal Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 99 99
Spring Rate: 9.38 12.75
Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 0.8 0.8 ( Front Camber : 0.70 +- 0.50 / Rear Camber : 0.68 +- 0.50 )
Toe Angle: 0.13 0.03 ( Toe In Front : 0.08 +- 0.20 / Toe In Rear : 0.02 +- 0.20 )

Alternative Stock Delivered C5 Z06 Alignment ( 2001 Spec )
Factory Setup more towards understeer

Camber Angle: 0.8 0.3 / 0.8 0.8 ( Most have 0.75 front and rear )
Toe Angle: 0.30 0.10

Alternative Street/Track Alignment
Camber Angle: 1.0 0.8
Toe Angle: 0.06 0.01

Alternative Aggressive Track Alignment
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.1
Toe Angle: -0.02 0.01

LSD - C5 Z06 GU6 LSD
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

AERO
Rear : 20 ( Max )

Brake Balance:
4/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/5 brake balance as starting point. Go higher if preferred, 5/6 for example.

Notes :

The C5 Corvette was one those cars that never gets old to look at :P I love the shape from the side, the curve of the hood, the short tailed rear end, the C5 just shows what a sexy woman can be in the form of a car :D

This replica is a stock car complete with stock tires replicated.

The power of the C5 Z06 was originally 385 HP when it was 1st released in 2001. Then the car went some changes from 2002 model year, the LS6 engine was upgraded and it grows in power to 405HP with 400lb ft torque, a good increase that also paired with lower weight than the base C5. The test curb weight of the car during Car & Driver Test was 1418kg, this will be optional. I used the heaviest running order weight at 1474kg, about 3250lbs. Weight distribution is at 53.5 / 46.5 as tested by C&D, this is reflected in ballast position.

Suspension for C5 Z06 comes in FE4 Package, different than the FE3 Sports Suspension which was available for Z51 C5. The front transverse composite leaf spring is 525 lb/in in rate, similar to FE3 Z51. The rear transverse composite leaf spring is 714 lb/in, stiffer than the FE3 Z51 rate at 634 lb/in. The Damper and ARB has been setup to give neutral balance, with FE4 Sway Bars Package taken into consideration ( 31mm / 23.6mm ). My personal alignment is used, using the factory range as a base. I provided additional alignment setup, feel free to try them.

The C5 Z06 comes with limited slip differential ( GU6 ), I have used some preload and medium lock to simulate the LSD, this gives much needed traction and stability around Willow Springs ( Big Willow ).

The rear wing is optional, feel free to install it. I simply like the look of it.

The C5 Z06 was tested and tuned at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP, Willow Springs ( Big Willow and Streets ), Red Bull Ring and Laguna Seca. The main aim in this replica is to replicate the lap time at Big Willow that was done on stock factory tire - Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar. This is comfort medium in GT6 :P The lap time was 1:30.6s on 4th lap by the legendary Corvette Race Driver, Andy Pilgrim. He also fitted Goodyear’s DOT-approved “S” compound version of the F1 and posted 1:28.3s on 3rd hotlap ( feel free to try replicate the time using comfort soft )

The real life race car driver of the C5-R Vette ( Andy Pilgrim ) pulled the magical lap on stock Z06 C5 on 4th lap with OEM Eagle F1 tire to prove his point to a motorcycle magazine that pitted the Z06 C5 against Suzuki GXR1000 - both were tested by Kevin Schwantz - a main feature article of the mag. The test run were heavily biased in favor of the bike and the Z06 C5 was driven with TC Competitive Mode enabled. The magical lap was close to 4 second quicker than the Schwantz manage to pull off. I managed to replicate the magic lap with the replica :P I think I had some slow section ( 2 corners were hairy :lol: ) that could shaved another tenths or two at the very least.

Here is a quote from the letter sent by Andy Pilgrim to the Editor of the Magazine in 2003 :

I have included the replay of the "magical" Lap at 1:30.6s ( Big Willow ) on CM tire + personal alignment setup. Watch it and Enjoy :cheers:

ENJOY :cheers:

ANDY PILGRIM :

Second from the left below, at ROLEX Daytona 24H, on the far right, the legendary Dale Earnhardt, 2 weeks before his passing, RIP.

dale-earnhardt-rolex-24-600mh020811.jpg

daleandy-1297283006.jpg

Andy with his Speed World Challenge Cadillac CTS V and the hot Holly Sonders :P

%7B0570E4EE-74C2-4C61-84B6-3AA20AD51D94%7D163274719_10.jpg

I just built this Z06 with the Alternate Street/Track Alignment. I wasn't sure exactly what this "Andy Pilgrim Corvette" was. For many months I've seen it in Ridox's Tune Directory. Apparently, it's really just a 2004 Z06 Replica with a few alternate alignment setups to try. I actually can remember that article pitting the Suzuki GSX-R 1000 vs. the Z06. Thank God Andy stepped up to prove that the Corvette had a lot more left in her around Big Willow. :D

The car drives as I expected. Very smooth and clean. She'll step out on you from time to time when coming aound a bend or turn, so stay focused. For the most part, however, just point the car where you want it to go and mash the throttle. The CM tires on my Z06 were more than adequate for a quick paced run around La Sierra. If you feel the need to throw CS tires on this badboy on the track, go for it! đź‘Ť

This transmission from GM is a little wonky. I really suggest you wind the hell out of 3rd gear before shifting into 4th. Do NOT short shift 3rd. :lol: Other than that, she's alright. Oh, likewise, when you're downshifting you might want to hold that brake pedal a second longer than usual before moving from 4th to 3rd or you'll just bounce off the rev limiter like crazy. :eek: Thank God we all have full pit crews to work on our cars when we're on the golf course... Cuz I know I beat the hell out of mine from time to time. :sly: :lol: đź‘Ť

I just built this Z06 with the Alternate Street/Track Alignment. I wasn't sure exactly what this "Andy Pilgrim Corvette" was. For many months I've seen it in Ridox's Tune Directory. Apparently, it's really just a 2004 Z06 Replica with a few alternate alignment setups to try. I actually can remember that article pitting the Suzuki GSX-R 1000 vs. the Z06. Thank God Andy stepped up to prove that the Corvette had a lot more left in her around Big Willow. :D

The car drives as I expected. Very smooth and clean. She'll step out on you from time to time when coming aound a bend or turn, so stay focused. For the most part, however, just point the car where you want it to go and mash the throttle. The CM tires on my Z06 were more than adequate for a quick paced run around La Sierra. If you feel the need to throw CS tires on this badboy on the track, go for it! đź‘Ť

This transmission from GM is a little wonky. I really suggest you wind the hell out of 3rd gear before shifting into 4th. Do NOT short shift 3rd. :lol: Other than that, she's alright. Oh, likewise, when you're downshifting you might want to hold that brake pedal a second longer than usual before moving from 4th to 3rd or you'll just bounce off the rev limiter like crazy. :eek: Thank God we all have full pit crews to work on our cars when we're on the golf course... Cuz I know I beat the hell out of mine from time to time. :sly: :lol: đź‘Ť
I agree with you about the gear ratios. Absolutely terrible spacing of the 6 ratios in this gearbox. It's almost like they pulled the numbers out of a hat!

Oops! I was wrong. This Amuse S2000 wasn't the car that I recently bought. I was thinking of the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, a much different animal. Normally, I would pass on adding a standard model car to my Garage. Unless I really, really like the car in real life, I try to stick to Premium models only. Sadly, GT6 has a lot of awesome cars that are still old PS2 models. But, I digress...

My mechanics went right to work on my new Amuse R1 TITAN AP1 S2000 once Ridox faxed over the particulars of his tune. By time I arrived to the Nurburgring Nordschleife, my car was ready to tango! A full tank of gas and newly mounted CS tires with which to carve up the hills of this famous track was all I needed to know...I was ready.

This car is very sporty. I like the transmission in this car. Obviously, this is a car you're going to want to rev and 9000 RPMs will give you plenty of revving. The handling of this little S2000 is beautiful. It almost anticipates your turns. Just a slight roll of the steering wheel and the nose of my car is pointed exactly where I want her to go. I can't remember the last car I drove that had such a beautiful turn in. Even on Tsukuba, which I drove later, this was even more apparent when I rolled my way around those very tight Japanese turns.

The only downside I see for this car is the fact it is ~450PP and therefore it doesn't pack much of a punch at all. We all own plenty of cars that are ~450PP and there is nothing wrong with that category of car. This Amuse R1 Titan AP1 S2000, however, FEELS like a car that wants 100 more horsepower. :D Some cars feel perfect at ~250hp. This S2000 almost seems to be crying for more. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet. I'll have to see how she holds up against the other similarly tunes cars in my stable.

On a side note, I drove more laps around Tsukuba with the Street Suspension setup than I did with the Track Setup. Personally, my best time was achieved with the softer spring setup. It does have slightly firmer dampers, however, so don't take my word for anything. Try both to see which you prefer. Options are always good and that is why both setups will occupy Tabs A & B on my new 459PP Amuse R1 Tital AP1 S2000! đź‘Ť

Thank you for the review, I haven't tried the 1140kg weight, the original value was 1139kg, I made a mistake by 1 kg :lol: Both 1139 and 1140 should be correct as I got both values listed in old article and videos ( 2510lb and 2513 lb )

I understand the cry for more power, the touge monster was built for 280 class ( limited power ) and it was focused more on the lightness and cornering, it got beaten by Amuse Z33 Lightweight Tune on Ebisu East track, the Z33 has more torque and able to pull away on the straight and up hill part. I think the Wangan Midnight Kishida Turbo C1 Runner Amuse R1 will not disappoint in power department.

Tremec gearboxes are usually setup for torquey engine with wide spaced ratio and often an overdrive top gear for cruising and fuel saving. The 3rd might be the GM engineer trying to do something different :lol:

Good news, I have managed to bring the C7 Z06 replica to beat ZR1 real life record at Tuskuba ( 1:02.553 ) on CS tire, the Z06 have potential to do low 1:02s In real life, The C7 Z06 can beat ZR1 lap time on some tracks :) More cars coming soon.

Yuji Kishida Zero for the Roads Amuse R1 S2000 '04 Turbo C1 Runner 400PS

Tuned to replicate Wangan Midnight
C1 Runner Kishida Turbo
S2000
Comfort Soft

Special Stage Route 5_1.jpg

Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs Kishida
Horsepower: 394HP / 400 PS at 8300 RPM
Torque: 255.6 ft-lb at 8100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.1%
Weight: 1139 kg
Ballast : 19 kg
Performance Points: 522

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : +1 Inch Up - BLITZ BRW Profile 08 in Dark Silver
Car Paint : Nurburgring Blue Metallic ( C1 Runner ) or Suzuka Blue Metallic ( from Honda S2000 (US) '01 )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Adjustable LSD

Suspension - AMUSE BILSTEIN / EIBACH Coilover Damper Kit
HARD

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 3.5 4.0
Toe Angle: -0.10 0.30

Suspension - AMUSE BILSTEIN / EIBACH Coilover Damper Kit
SOFT

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 7.00 8.00
Camber Angle: 2.5 4.0
Toe Angle: -0.13 0.33

OPTIONAL Alignment for High Speed Battle :
Camber Angle: 1.7 2.0 or 0.8 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.05 0.20

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock gearing with Custom Final 3.90 + 1.16 Transfer Gear Ratio
Set Default
Set Final to 4.524
Set Auto Max Speed to 300kmh / 186mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.133
2nd 2.045
3rd 1.481
4th 1.161
5th 0.970
6th 0.810
Set Final Gear : 4.524

LSD CUSCO Type MZ / RS 1 Way ( Amuse SPL ) - Medium Preload
Initial Torque : 23
Acceleration Sensitiviy: 30

Aero

Special Stage Route 5.jpg

Brake Balance:

Notes :

The Honda Roadster was the car of choice when Kishida wanted to outrun Blackbird. Built and tuned by Yamamoto Speed owner half brother, the S2000 has turbo kit with 400PS output, and lightweight body.

I used Amuse R1 S2000 for this replica, with agile handling, good acceleration and top speed..

Tuned and tested at SSR5 as well as SSR7. Enjoy the lightweight turbo S2000 :cheers:

Amuse R1 TITAN AP1 S2000
'ORANGE TOUGE MONSTER'

Specs

GT AUTO
NO Oil change

Tuning Parts Installed :
Semi Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD

can also be used on street/touge

Front, Rear

can also be used on track

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 7.00 8.00 or 12.00 14.00 ( Optional )

Early Setup

Set Default
Set Final to 5.155
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.133
2nd 2.045
3rd 1.481
4th 1.161
5th 0.970
6th 0.810

Later Setup

Set Default
Set Final to 5.224
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.133
2nd 2.045
3rd 1.481
4th 1.161
5th 0.970
6th 0.810

TRACK/TOUGE

Aero

Brake Balance:

Notes :

The debut race in Touge 280, the Amuse R1 uses track setup springs 12/14, so it depends on the situation and preference of the tuner. You are free to use both springs setup as you like on any track condition, what works best for you is the most important. The 12/14 springs performed admirably well at Gunma Cycle Sports Center used in Touge 280 Showdown.

Going to build this later today. I'll let you now how it drives :)

Paul Cain BMW 3002 TTii Replica

Tuned to replicate Paul Cain BMW 3002 TTii

Comfort Soft to Sport Medium

CAR : BMW 2002 Turbo '73
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs - BMW 330i 2001 3.0i M54B30 DUAL VANOS Engine with Twin KKK Turbo
Horsepower: 372 HP at 6700 RPM
Torque : 320.8 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.1%
Weight: 1220 kg ( empty fuel + fluids ) or 1243kg ( full tank )
Ballast : 140 kg or 163kg
Ballast Position : -4 ( 50.2% / 49.8% reflected in ballast position )
OPTIONAL Ballast Position : 2 ( for distribution without driver and empty tank )
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 as the real car spec with driver and full tank ( 50.2% / 49.8% )
OPTIONAL Weight Distribution : 49/51 real car spec without driver and empty tank ( About 0.5% weight shifted rearward )
Performance Points: 483

Specs - BMW 330i 2001 3.0i M54B30 DUAL VANOS Engine with Twin KKK Turbo 450PP Version
Horsepower: 290 HP at 6000 RPM
Torque : 272.7 ft-lb at 5000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 96.4%
Weight: 1220 kg ( empty fuel ) or 1243kg ( full tank )
Ballast : 140 kg or 163kg
Ballast Position : -4 ( 50.2% / 49.8% reflected in ballast position )
OPTIONAL Ballast Position : 2 ( for distribution without driver and empty tank )
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 as the real car spec with driver and full tank ( 50.2% / 49.8% )
OPTIONAL Weight Distribution : 49/51 real car spec without driver and empty tank ( About 0.5% weight shifted rearward )
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) -MANDATORY- the real car has heavily modified chassis and roll cage.
Wheels : +2 Inch UP BBS-RS in Silver Metallic / Silver Chrome
Car Paint : Nurburgring Blue Metallic from Honda S2000 Type V

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit ( REMOVE for 450PP Version )
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft

Suspension - JEFF IRELAND Tuned Coilover with EIBACH Springs/Bilstein Damper and Custom Track Alignment
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 107 127 ( visually replicate the real car stance/height )
Spring Rate: 7.14 5.00
Dampers (Compression): 4 7
Dampers (Extension): 3 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 2
Camber Angle: 2.0 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.09 0.18

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - BMW E30 M3 265 GETRAG 5 Speed + BMW E34 M5 Final Drive
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 300kmh / 186mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.380
2nd 2.200
3rd 1.400
4th 1.000
5th 0.810
Set Final :3.710

Alternate Method :
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final To 4.530
Set Auto Max Speed at 220 kmh / 137mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.380
2nd 2.200
3rd 1.400
4th 1.000
5th 0.810
Set Final :3.710

LSD - BMW E34 M5 Quaife Torque Sensing 1.5 Way LSD

Initial Torque : 17
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 13

Brake Balance:
6/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/7, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/9 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This is one of the most challenging replica I ever made, even at the moment of posting, I'm still not satisfied with the handling :P

The car is based on Paul Cain built BMW 3002 TTii, a 2002 Turbo undergoing modern transformation.

First, the engine was swapped for bigger size with more power, more efficient, lighter and more advanced in technology. A Dual VANOS 6 Cylinder M54B30 engine from BMW 330i 2001 model. To make more power, yes, Mr Paul Cain craved for more power to humiliate the poor folks who look down on the old banger at the lights. He added 2 KKK turbocharger, a TT package that runs on mild boost of 6-8 Psi, but capable of producing 335HP at the wheel - that translate to 370+HP at the crank with 10% loss on the driveline :eek: He reckons that with lower compression, upgraded pistons, the M54 engine will spit out close to 485HP, possibly at the crank with 12 Psi boost :bowdown:

To accommodate that much power, the chassis, driveline and suspension needs some serious make over. The BMW received extensive weigh saving, chassis strengthening, custom wheel hubs, custom suspension linkages, custom sub frames, and special custom roll cage for safety and added rigidity. The real car wet weight ( no driver + full fluid ) at 2740lb / 1243kg. The BMW 3002 TTii has 8 US gallons fuel tank positioned at the rear axle ( half of original tank ), I have calculated weight at 1220kg without fuel and fluids. I also have included a variety of ballast + position. The car with driver and full fluids ( fuel and oil ) has 50.2% / 49.8% distribution, this is reflected in the ballast position of -4. Without driver, 1220kg, the distribution should shift rear ward at about 0.5%, reflected in ballast position of 2 ( 49/51 ).

The suspension is custom built by Jeff Ireland, employing Eibach Race Springs and custom valved Bilstein Damper all around. The spring rate is unknown, so I have to give my personal touch, with handling aimed at good balance, the real car is said to have almost no understeer / neutral turn in at low to medium speed. Ride height has also been visually replicated, with lower front to achieve level appearance like the real car.
I have tuned the damper and ARB to maintain balance on low speed, while medium speed needs good throttle control, while the real car has good handling even at higher speed. This is hard to achieve consistently, as the BMW 2002 Turbo in GT6 has stock skinny tires, while the real car has much wider 17" 7.5" wide front and 8.5" rear tires ( Michelin Pilot Sport ). Nevertheless, the replica should handle well on comfort soft with good throttle control :)

The transmission is another part that needs serious attention, a 5 speed Getrag 265 from E30 BMW M3 is used, with final drive at 3.710 taken from E34 BMW M5. The gearing is perfectly matched to the car engine, giving good acceleration and decent top speed. I have included 2 methods to achieve the ratio, both gives the same result, feel free to try them both and pick one that you prefer.

The LSD is torque sensing Quaife 1.5 way with 25% lock on preload taken from E34 BMW M5. The LSD is tuned to give stability on low to medium speed.

I have also provided a 450PP power figure spec, simply remove the high rpm turbo kit and adjust power limiter accordingly. I also highly recommend to fit sports hard or sports medium if you have hard time with throttle control.

The BMW 3002 TTii was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP, Red Bull Ring, and SSR7 :P At Silverstone GP, with Comfort Soft tires, stock 4 speed, 370+HP, 1220kg, -4 ballast, it managed 2:30s :eek: A good time for such an old vintage car. I have included the replay for your enjoyment and reference, witness how smooth the BMW 3002 TTii carving the track :D something about old vintage look graciously eating up corners that never gets old.

The Ultimate Driving Machine. We've heard those words associated with BMW automobiles for many, many years. After driving this souped up 2002, it's no wonder. Yeah, I know this car is about as close to a stock 2002 as a Ford Pinto is to a Ferrari Testarossa, but technology wasn't the same back then and I'd like to think that with modern technology THIS is what an M2002 would be like! :sly:

I took my newly built BMW 3002 TTii onto Brands Hatch and did lap after lap after lap. You just don't want to stop driving this car. Mine was equipped with CS tires, which should provide plenty of grip for circuit driving. It's just a shame that we can't adjust tire width in GT6. This BMW 3002 TTii is wearing rubber that is too narrow for it's modern upgrades. Perhaps adding SH tires would provide that extra bit of grip that I think would be absolutely perfect, however, I think it would probably be overkill. Judge for yourself. Ride on whatever tires you're comfortable with.

The only thing you want to be worried about when driving this little rocket is throttle control coming out of turns. Smoothly push the accelerator down with your foot, otherwise you may find yourself staring at where you just came from. :lol: I did quite a few times while learning the finer points of this machine. :D Many times I would leave the car in 3rd when I thought kicking down to 2nd might give me a little bit more power - it just wasn't worth it. The rear can become upset due to the High RPM Turbo and those skinny tires.

TAB B houses the 450PP version of this car and I look forward to using it in 450PP Spec A races in the future. It's loads of fun even without the High RPM Turbo. Another job well done, Mr. Ridox! đź‘Ť

Last edited:
The Ultimate Driving Machine. We've heard those words associated with BMW automobiles for many, many years. After driving this souped up 2002, it's no wonder. Yeah, I know this car is about as close to a stock 2002 as a Ford Pinto is to a Ferrari Testarossa, but technology wasn't the same back then and I'd like to think that with modern technology THIS is what an M2002 would be like! :sly:

I took my newly built BMW 3002 TTii onto Brands Hatch and did lap after lap after lap. You just don't want to stop driving this car. Mine was equipped with CS tires, which should provide plenty of grip for circuit driving. It's just a shame that we can't adjust tire width in GT6. This BMW 3002 TTii is wearing rubber that is too narrow for it's modern upgrades. Perhaps adding SH tires would provide that extra bit of grip that I think would be absolutely perfect, however, I think it would probably be overkill. Judge for yourself. Ride on whatever tires you're comfortable with.

The only thing you want to be worried about when driving this little rocket is throttle control coming out of turns. Smoothly push the accelerator down with your foot, otherwise you may find yourself staring at where you just came from. :lol: I did quite a few times while learning the finer points of this machine. :D Many times I would leave the car in 3rd when I thought kicking down to 2nd might give me a little bit more power - it just wasn't worth it. The rear can become upset due to the High RPM Turbo and those skinny tires.

TAB B houses the 450PP version of this car and I look forward to using it in 450PP Spec A races in the future. It's loads of fun even without the High RPM Turbo. Another job well done, Mr. Ridox! đź‘Ť

You had me worried when I saw the Paul Cain BMW quote :lol: It has skinny tires and requires good touch of control of the throttle, but as I read the review, you are having fun with it, which I'm glad for. You can try fit staggered grip tire on this one, CS/SH perhaps or SH/SM to emulate the real life much wider tread tires.

Did anyone watch the Qatar MotoGP race ? It was one of the best racing on 2 wheels :D

You had me worried when I saw the Paul Cain BMW quote :lol: It has skinny tires and requires good touch of control of the throttle, but as I read the review, you are having fun with it, which I'm glad for. You can try fit staggered grip tire on this one, CS/SH perhaps or SH/SM to emulate the real life much wider tread tires.

Did anyone watch the Qatar MotoGP race ? It was one of the best racing on 2 wheels :D
Oh how I wish the BMW 2002 was a Premium car and we had the option to fit wider rubber. I always use the interior view and it's such a let down when you hop in a Standard...

The MotoGP was on free-to-air up until this year down here in Australia. Unfortunately, if we want to continue enjoying these maniacs on two wheels, we have to open our wallets & pay Rupert Murdoch $60 per month. I did get to see some highlights on our News though and 'The Doctor' can still pull off a win against the odds. I don't think many would've predicted a Rossi win following the results of Qualifying.

Well hello my friend, I was going to do a review of one of your cars and then I got inspired by something I did in the December COTM too @Bowtie-muscle, thought I'd bring it up a notch. It's not perfect, had so many problems with formatting and text alignment, plus there are some spelling mistakes, couldn't use the spelling corrector :grumpy:. I did this on Excel and I hope you enjoy it because it may just be the first and last time I take on something like this. Now I'm going back to work on suspension frequencies and other little goodies. Enjoy :scared:.
Picture 2.png

Use the link below to download the full PDF, it was too big too load directly from here (18.9mb).

http://jmp.sh/6JvAoQq

@TurnLeft Fabulous!! đź‘Ť I have just downloaded and skimmed through the contents. I will read it later. If you're ever looking for contributors, I would be happy to. I'm not looking for my name on the title or anything like that. Just a small byline on anything I might contribute. Please feel free to say "No, thank you..." if you'd rather not. I will take no offense. I understand you may not want to take on such a big project again anyway, but if you do, I'd be willing to contribute in any small way that I can. Just some food for thought. I probably should have PM'ed this. Forgive me. My intention was not to put you on the spot. I look forward to reading this inaugural issue. đź‘Ť :)

@Ridox2JZGTE It is so funny. I didn't read the NOTES section of your BMW 2002 tune until after I posted my little write up. How strange is it that you mentioned the exact thing I did (albeit before I did) about the tire width? Great minds think alike, eh? :lol: And you also mentioned the importance of throttle control...but, I think anyone would mention that in a write-up. Oh, and I haven't seen the Qatar Motor GP race... I'm not a devout follower of Motor GP but I respect the sport immensely and watch it from time to time. My brother is a BIG fan. Those riders are studs. Plain and simple. It's amazing that they can sit comfortably on those motorcycles with balls that big! :lol: :D

@TurnLeft : Looks great, will download the PDF :)

@ALB123 : I may publish the stock car 2002 Tii replica in the future, it's a lot slower but should be fun too. For MotoGP race, you should watch the last 15 minutes of the race at the very least, 3 way battle for number 1.

I'm going to write and do last test soon for TRD Sports M Celica, Mustang Boss 302 and Garage Limit AZ1. The Mustang Boss 302 is very good at Tsukuba the last time I tested it, capable of 1:04s on CS at stock power and test weight, beating the E92 M3 replica :eek:

Back