RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
ABP
Hey Ridox do you have a list for cars that are updated for 1.09+?

Cars posted from page 51 are tested in 1.09, most of other cars done in the past should drive well on later version - 1.12 :P I will need you testers and reviewers to let me know if there's any issue. I will update the placeholders on page52 within a day. From experience testing cars in 1.09, most of the time ARB and camber are the only adjustments necessary if the car do not handle well on 1.09 onwards. The F40 replicas were done in 1.06 or 1.07, and they drive well on 1.09 onwards.

TOM's ADVOX JZA80 Supra RZ 327PS

Tuned to replicate TOM's ADVOX Supra RZ
Best Motoring Tsukuba Trial - Comfort Medium

CAR : Toyota Supra RZ '97
Tire : Comfort Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 322 HP / 327 PS at 6000 RPM
Torque: 412.2 ft-lb at 3500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.4%
Weight: 1510 kg
Ballast : 167 kg
Ballast Position : 50
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - corrected weight distribution as in real life.
Performance Points: 472

GT AUTO
Oil change
Wheels : +1 Inch Up - Boyd Coddington Wheels Legacy F-09
Car Paint : Deep Blue Metallic or any color.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension - TOM's ADVOX Height Adjustable Coilover + ADVOX alignment
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 105 105
Spring Rate: 7.70 6.60
Dampers (Compression): 2 3
Dampers (Extension): 6 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 3
Camber Angle: 0.3 1.3 ( ADVOX setup range : front 0.30+- 0.50, rear 1.60+- 0.50 )
Toe Angle: 0.04 0.19 ( ADVOX setup range : front 0.00+-0.08, rear 0.24+-0.08 )

Brake Balance:
6/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Toyota TOM's ADVOX Supra RZ was featured in Best Motoring, fitted with street tires and only have ADVOX coilover installed, the car was a demo for the newly released ADVOX suspension kit. The car with 327PS managed 1:08.61 lap time.

The GT6 replica is tuned to replicate the lap time, fitted with comfort medium and 322HP / 327PS. The weight distribution has also been fixed at 53/47. Suspension is based on retail ADVOX Height Adjustable Coilover Suspension with medium spring rate package selected, TOM's roll bar and the ADVOX specific wheel alignment setup also included ( camber and toe ). When tested, the car managed 1:08s with ease.

The TOM's ADVOX replica should work on sports tire as well and power up to 400+PS.

Update : Fixed ADVOX Alignment Range.

Keiichi Aizawa 'Monster Machine' JZA80 Supra SZ-R ( Detuned Stage ) 400HP

Tuned to replicate Wangan Midnight 'Monster Machine' Supra Detuned Stage- Comfort Soft

CAR : Toyota Supra SZ-R '97
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 400 HP at 6900 RPM
Torque: 328.6 ft-lb at 5400 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.1%
Weight: 1320 kg
Ballast : 132 kg
Ballast Position : 50
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - corrected weight distribution as in real life.
Performance Points: 500

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED )
Wheels : +2 Inch Up - RAYS VR.G2 painted in Silver
Rear Wing : No Wing
Car Paint : Silver Metallic

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Catalytic Converter Sports
Twin Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction
Full Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission

Suspension - TOM's ADVOX Height Adjustable Coilover ( Mid Rate )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 105 105
Spring Rate: 7.70 6.60
Dampers (Compression): 2 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 4
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.19

OPTIONAL ADVOX Alignment Range ( Real World Setup )

Camber Angle: 0.3 1.6 ( ADVOX setup range : front 0.30+- 0.50, rear 1.60+- 0.50 )
Toe Angle: 0.08 0.24 ( ADVOX setup range : front 0.00+-0.08, rear 0.24+-0.08 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock gearing with final gear RZ model
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed to 290kmh / 180mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.724
2nd 2.246
3rd 1.541
4th 1.205
5th 1.000
6th 0.818
Set Final Gear : 3.266

LSD - Cusco type MZ 1.5 way -high preload
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 13

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 8/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The fearsome 'Monster Machine' Supra in it's detuned stage tune, driven by Keiichi Aizawa, the car was tuned to conquer the Wangan but in the end, after experiencing a gruesome defeat and the Supra dying, he sees himself unworthy to pilot it ever again and leaves it to the tuners to decide its fate.

The tuners detuned it, gave it back to Kei and repainted it to Silver like that of his father's XX Celica, which made Kei break into tears. They said that 400hp is decent enough for C1 with Kei's skills.

The Detuned Supra is still potent machine, able to go over 300kmh :D

Credit goes to MyogiWarrior34 for his input on Wangan Midnight builds 👍

UPDATE : Added optional Advox Alignment Range.

Both has been updated. Corrected ADVOX Alignment Range :)

I'll take a run through all of the GT3 cars to see it they still work in 1.12.

Also, while trying to find the alignment for the new GT-R Nismo I found this.

image.jpg

It is actually the GT-R Nismo GT3 alignment setting from the Nurb 24Hr. It was in the back of shot during a look through the pit garage. Do you think you could add that to your existing tune for it?

I'll take a run through all of the GT3 cars to see it they still work in 1.12.

Also, while trying to find the alignment for the new GT-R Nismo I found this.

View attachment 226607
It is actually the GT-R Nismo GT3 alignment setting from the Nurb 24Hr. It was in the back of shot during a look through the pit garage. Do you think you could add that to your existing tune for it?

Nice find 👍, mmm, the front toe is :eek:, don't think that much toe out is possible, unless I'm assuming the GT6 toe values are per side only:scared:

When 1.09 was released, I added some small amounts of camber to try to balance the cars out a little bit, I wrote in the numbers I used. All cars run of Spa-Francorchamps, RH, All aids off except ABS:1,

Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 (Base Model). (High Camber Version) Very Sharp, controllable and overall, very easy to put in a very fast lap. Slight tendency towards understeer on turn-in and mid corner but very good traction out of the corners.
4.5/5

Kessel Racing (Blancpain Version) Ferrari 458 Italia GT3. (Camber @ 1.9/1.2) Feels much softer than 12C, and has some dive and squirm when braking hard. Any input on the accelerator drastically changes the cornering 'attitude'. Traction can be slightly unpredictable when really powering out of sharp 1st and 2nd gear corners, but makes up for it in top speed at the end of the straights. Slight mistakes can lead to very large accidents.
3/5

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R. (Flat Floor Version, Standard Susp./Alt. LSD)( Camber @1.5/1.5) Perfectly neutral, no under or oversteer at all. Very easy to recover from fairly large mistake with very little fuss. It is just one of those 'goes wherever you point it' kind of cars. Straight line speed is lacking, even with fairly short gears, but the cornering characteristics are near perfect.
5/5

Reiter Engineering Lamborghini Gallardo GT3-R. (Camber @ 1.0/2.0) This car actively wants to kill you, but it can be tamed (barely). All braking must be done and you must already be back on the power before you even think about turning into the corner. I had lot of problems with over-rotation on corner entry. You have to modulate throttle input when exiting sharp 1st and 2nd gear corners because traction can be an issue. Im not really sure why the Gallardo is so difficult in this game, but every version I have is very tricky near the limit. I don't think it is any different post 1.09, it has just never been a very friendly car to drive fast.
2/5

SRT Viper GTS-R. (Flat Floor Version, Set @IMSA GT3 specs -505HP/1250KG) (Camber @2.2-1.8) Overall, the car handles very well, but it does have some issues with power oversteer on exit which does mean that you sometimes need to lift off of the throttle slightly on exit. other than that, turn in is very sharp and steering responses are crisp. The handling is very friendly most of the time, but there can be a power slide out of corners if you are not careful.
3.5/5

Emil Frey Jaguar G3. (Power @ 563 for real world PWR/WGHT Ratio) (Camber @ 1.7/1.6) Under normal driving conditions, this car handles vey well, but when really pressing for the last few seconds I was caught out multiple times by excessive wheel spin on corner exits. This forced me to drive much more conservatively, in a car that is already pretty poor on the straights, which resulted in poor lap times compared to the other cars.
2.5/5

Reiter Engineering Chevorlet Camaro GT3 Blancpain (Based on Camaro Touring Car '10) (Camber @ 2.0/1.5) Downforce makes a huge difference. Cornering speeds in this are 10-15mph faster than any of the other replicas. Straight line speeds are drastically affected though, about 20mph slower at the end of the main straight at Spa than the 12C GT3. Handling characteristics are normally very good, but there are traction issues coming out of tight corners which made me rethink my strategy for the chicane.
4/5

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 (Flat Floor Version, Power @ 542 for real world Blancpain PWR/WGHT Ratio) (Camber @ 2.4/1.6) This car has fantastic overall cornering speeds, but straight line speed lets it down. It behaves very well, except for some wheel spin and traction loss with heavy throttle on corner exit. Also, the gap from 1st to 2nd is too wide to use first gear effectively. Turn in is very sharp and controlled and the overall handling balance is very neutral, except for the power oversteer on exit.
4/5

Kessel Racing (Blancpain Version) Ferrari 458 Italia GT3. (Revised) Feels much better than the original version, much sharper to drive, more planted and no more dive and squirm under braking. Feels very well balanced with a slight tendency towards power over steer on exit. Much better recovery from mistakes than before as well. 4.5/5

Time Splits

Mclaren -0.000
Ferrari (Revised) -0.228
Camaro -0.668
Ferrari -0.855
Corvette -1.327
Gallardo -1.418
Aston -1.659
Viper. -1.729
Jaguar -4.061

Last edited:
Here are my quick test of the first 4 GT3 replicas on my list, When 1.09 was released, I added some small amounts of camber to try to balance the cars out a little bit, I wrote in the numbers I used.
All cars run of Spa-Francorchamps, RH, All aids off except ABS:1,

Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 (Base Model). (High Camber Version) Very Sharp, controllable and overall, very easy to put in a very fast lap. Slight tendency towards understeer on turn-in and mid corner but very good traction out of the corners. 4.5/5

Kessel Racing (Blancpain Version) Ferrari 458 Italia GT3. (Camber @ 1.9/1.2) Feels much softer than 12C, and has some dive and squirm when braking hard. Any input on the accelerator drastically changes the cornering 'attitude'. Traction can be slightly unpredictable when really powering out of sharp 1st and 2nd gear corners, but makes up for it in top speed at the end of the straights. Slight mistakes can lead to very large accidents. 3/5

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R. (Flat Floor Version, Standard Susp./Alt. LSD)( Camber @1.5/1.5) Perfectly neutral, no under or oversteer at all. Very easy to recover from fairly large mistake with very little fuss. It is just one of those 'goes wherever you point it' kind of cars. Straight line speed is lacking, even with fairly short gears, but the cornering characteristics are near perfect. 5/5

Reiter Engineering Lamborghini Gallardo GT3-R. (Camber @ 1.0/2.0) This car actively wants to kill you, but it can be tamed (barely). All braking must be done and you must already be back on the power before you even think about turning into the corner. I had lot of problems with over-rotation on corner entry. You have to modulate throttle input when exiting sharp 1st and 2nd gear corners because traction can be an issue. Im not really sure why the Gallardo is so difficult in this game, but every version I have is very tricky near the limit. I don't think it is any different post 1.09, it has just never been a very friendly car to drive fast. 2/5

I might get to a few more tonight, and I will add to this post when I finish.

The 458 Italia, is it this one ?

Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 Blancpain / AVON British GT Replica
Tuned to replicate Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 560PP ( Blancpain/AVON British GT )
Sports Soft to Racing Hard

CAR : Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Tire : Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 500 HP at 7100 RPM
Torque : 406.5 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 87.2%
Weight: 1250 kg
Ballast : 33 kg
Ballast Position : 41
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 - as in real life spec
Performance Points: 560

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY as the real 458 GT3 has welded roll cage and chassis reinforcements, as well necessary for racing tire fitment.
Aero Kit Type A
Rear Wing - Generic Wing Type B OR
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type D
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type C
Height +10 and Width +32
Wheels : Standard Size OZ Racing Superfogiata / BBS LM-R / ENKEI RS05RR / RAYS 57Xtreme in Light Red Matte or Dark Grey or Black or Silver
Car Paint : Rosso Corsa

Tuning Parts Installed :
Triple Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension -INTRAX BLACK TITAN ARC 4 Way Damper with EIBACH ERS Springs
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 77 77
Spring Rate: 16.67 11.49
Dampers (Compression): 5 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07

LSD - 2 Way Ferrari E-Differential
Initial Torque : 28
Acceleration Sensitivity: 45
Braking Sensitivity: 45

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - HEWLAND Racing Sequential 6 Speed with Homologated ratios
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 5.700
Set Auto Max Speed at 250kmh / 155mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.846
2nd 2.235
3rd 1.765
4th 1.474
5th 1.238
6th 1.037
7th 0.898 ( IGNORE THIS )
Set Final : 3.889 ( Adjust to track if necessary, for example Bathurst works great on 3.725 )

AERO
FRONT : 100 ( FIXED )
REAR : 220 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
5/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 6/4 for ABS 1 or 1 click higher at the front.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
It all started with a message from a fellow member Danbojte :) Then I saw the red car in action at the track ( a picture of it :lol: ) and I realized I have the car in the garage, sitting there in stock form with over 200km from lapping Bathurst.

The Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 was born :D It's a loosely based on real life car, not a full replica so to speak, as detailed information are hard to find, but I do have some of the most important information at hand. I spent a good hour or so to find the needed information, and tuning/testing around 2 hours :)

First is power and weight, there are many level of power and weight for this car, due to various competition rules and balancing purposes. This build is Blancpain / AVON British GT spec GT3 replica, with less power than other events. Power is at 500HP with 550Nm/405lb-ft of torque and 1250kg. To achieve the torque, I have to use isometric exhaust manifold to bring the torque up at 406.5 :D

I scoured the net for technical information of 458 GT3, I found some that I used here.

Suspension is based on INTRAX Black Titan ARC ( Anti Roll Control ) 4 Way Damper, a great damper kit that received great praise when tested on a 458 GT3 at Spa Francorchamps. Springs are EIBACH ERS, with a set of 3 options front and back :
Front
120-60-280 N/mm
120-60-300 N/mm- Installed
120-60-320 N/mm
Rear
170-60-180 N/mm
170-60-200 N/mm - Installed
170-60-220 N/mm

As these springs rate are way too high and not available in GT6, I used the middle range ratio 300/200 and adapt it on GT6, the front are 1.5 times harder than rear. I used 16.67kg front and 11.49kg rear and it works so well. With damper setup to maintain excellent traction in all conditions, entry, mid corner, or exits, you name it, this 458 GT3 does it well.

For transmission, the real car uses HEWLAND 6 speed gearbox, I managed to get rare information on the homologated gearing. Not sure if the final is fixed in real life, but in GT6 you are free to lower the final for higher top speed. The homologated gearing is setup to take advantage of the 458 GT3 engine peak power and torque, shift point is at 8700rpm ( 1st shift light ) and usable range from 7500-9000rpm. Again, real life spec works wonder in GT6, spot on !! Ignore the 7th gear for the sake of authenticity, if you find the car hitting the limiter on 6th, lower the final, I would recommend 3.725 for Bathurst ( 310+kmh top speed at conrod )

LSD, the real Ferrari 458 uses E-Diff, I read that it uses 2 way with capability to reduce locking rate under braking :eek: So, I fine tuned the LSD in GT6, using high preload commonly used on racing cars, and high locking rate on accel and brake. The value has been optimzed, a click up or down of value would give substantial changes :) Higher gives better traction and response at a cost of tightness, while lower will give more freedom of movement. I set both at 45, this is perfect for most situation. You can fine tune the 458 GT3 behavior just by using LSD - rough guide :
Static initial/preload at 28.
accel 48 / brake 45 ( neutral entry, very tight mid corner to exit )
accel 47 / brake 45 ( neutral entry, tight mid corner to exit )
accel 46 / brake 45 ( neutral entry, moderate mid corner to exit )
----accel 45 / brake 45 ( neutral all around - used on the tune )
accel 45 / brake 48 ( very tight entry, neutral mid corner to exit )
accel 44 / brake 44 ( slightly loose entry, slightly loose mid corner to exit ) - running lower will make the car more loose.

The tuning and testing process was done at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP, Silverstone GP, and Bathurst.

This Blancpain / AVON British GT GT3 replica managed an easy 2:06s at Bathurst during testing, 1:24s at Brands Hatch GP, and low 2:02s at Silverstone GP :D

This Ferrari 458 GT3 is very quick at 560PP, with it's deficit in aero/down force, it excels in mechanical grip, balance, traction and acceleration even on higher speed region :D Red makes it even faster :lol:

ENJOY :cheers:

Update : Added optional custom rear wing + wheels selection and detailed spring rate value under notes.

While for the Gallardo, I may have to revisit the replica completely ( suspension and LSD ) - use similar setup to the SuperLeggera, have you driven the SL with high camber ? I have SP Engineering Gallardo SL suspension setup made, and a few different setup that might work on the GT3 :) Need to find more time to test them.

The 458 Italia, is it this one ?

While for the Gallardo, I may have to revisit the replica completely ( suspension and LSD ) - use similar setup to the SuperLeggera, have you driven the SL with high camber ? I have SP Engineering Gallardo SL suspension setup made, and a few different setup that might work on the GT3 :) Need to find more time to test them.

That is the correct 458, I just made it Kessel Racing (they run in Blancpain Endurance) so I could assign it a number and color scheme. As for the Lamborghini, it has always been tricky but it is not just the GT3, every tune I have for it has some surprises hidden, but the GT3's seem more exaggerated, maybe its the RWD and hard suspension.

I have the SL with medium camber and like it alot, it is much more friendly on the limit. Also, why didn't you do the LP570 version of the SL, since that is the correct generation, did you just want to do the Best Motoring version or was it something else?

That is the correct 458, I just made it Kessel Racing (they run in Blancpain Endurance) so I could assign it a number and color scheme. As for the Lamborghini, it has always been tricky but it is not just the GT3, every tune I have for it has some surprises hidden, but the GT3's seem more exaggerated, maybe its the RWD and hard suspension.

I have the SL with medium camber and like it alot, it is much more friendly on the limit. Also, why didn't you do the LP570 version of the SL, since that is the correct generation, did you just want to do the Best Motoring version or was it something else?

For the 458 Italia, if you find the rear spring too soft - causing too much rear lift under braking and unpredictable under hard acceleration, try to lower the spring ratio. The 458 GT3 uses this :
Front
120-60-280 N/mm
120-60-320 N/mm
Rear
170-60-180 N/mm
170-60-220 N/mm

I would suggest to start with
Front
120-60-280 N/mm- Installed
120-60-300 N/mm
120-60-320 N/mm
Rear
170-60-180 N/mm
170-60-200 N/mm
170-60-220 N/mm- Installed

This means, the front spring stays at 16.67, but the rear gets higher slightly higher at 13.10 - I am using the spring ratio as the real values can't be reached for the front spring.

Here is the complete setup that I think should work :

Suspension -INTRAX BLACK TITAN ARC 4 Way Damper with EIBACH ERS Springs - Medium Camber
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 87 87 - Higher ride height for Spa
Spring Rate: 16.67 13.10
Dampers (Compression): 6 8
Dampers (Extension): 7 8
Camber Angle: 2.2 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.15

Alternate Toe for more stability :
Toe Angle: 0.15 0.45

Toe for better turn in
Toe Angle: -0.15 0.25

From my experience, this should give more stable car on higher speed track.

The LP570-4 has SP Engineering suspension setup, I will post it with the H&R R8 GT, once I finished last page placeholders :)

Ridox2JZGT. post: 10082000
👍 That's dedicated. riving, close to 10 laps ? :eek: Do you use wheel ? I read that the new FFB makes driving a bit dull :scared: Are these true for Logitech wheel ?

At first I was a bit meh on the new settings but now I have spent some time with them I actually quite enjoy the new set up.

That's a relieve, so wheel user now enjoys better FFB :P

This might be useful :

I wish I have Sierra :/ Still stuck in 1.09

That is sad news R, I am certain you will love this track. I think it's one of the best tracks ever already and this is from a Nurb, Bath and Spa lover! You gotta find a way to make it happen cuz.
Placeholder for BMW 3002 TT Paul Cain

tumblr_lwmf7ahl8C1qh3t6o.jpg

Placeholder for Ford Focus ST 2013

2013-ford-focus-st-img3.jpg

These 2 should be wicked fun I await these tunes with great interest. The new Nismo skyline is an awesome new add, think this piece of clay will work nicely in your mits R!

For the 458 Italia, if you find the rear spring too soft - causing too much rear lift under braking and unpredictable under hard acceleration, try to lower the spring ratio. The 458 GT3 uses this :
Front
120-60-280 N/mm
120-60-320 N/mm
Rear
170-60-180 N/mm
170-60-220 N/mm

I would suggest to start with
Front
120-60-280 N/mm- Installed
120-60-300 N/mm
120-60-320 N/mm
Rear
170-60-180 N/mm
170-60-200 N/mm
170-60-220 N/mm- Installed

This means, the front spring stays at 16.67, but the rear gets higher slightly higher at 13.10 - I am using the spring ratio as the real values can't be reached for the front spring.

Here is the complete setup that I think should work :

Suspension -INTRAX BLACK TITAN ARC 4 Way Damper with EIBACH ERS Springs - Medium Camber
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 87 87 - Higher ride height for Spa
Spring Rate: 16.67 13.10
Dampers (Compression): 6 8
Camber Angle: 2.2 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.15

Alternate Toe for more stability :
Toe Angle: 0.15 0.45

Toe for better turn in
Toe Angle: -0.15 0.25

From my experience, this should give more stable car on higher speed track.

The LP570-4 has SP Engineering suspension setup, I will post it with the H&R R8 GT, once I finished last page placeholders :)

Oh my goodness me, duuuuuude! This revised new tune has me wanting to do crazy explicit things to this car. I love, love, love this thing but this revision has made it for me my favorite GT6 ride. You good sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I can't begin to explain the sheer joy I have whilst driving this amazing car. I can only offer you my thanks and gratitude here as you have been one of the keys in the enhancement of my GT6 experience.

Last edited:
When 1.09 was released, I added some small amounts of camber to try to balance the cars out a little bit, I wrote in the numbers I used. All cars run of Spa-Francorchamps, RH, All aids off except ABS:1,

Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 (Base Model). (High Camber Version) Very Sharp, controllable and overall, very easy to put in a very fast lap. Slight tendency towards understeer on turn-in and mid corner but very good traction out of the corners.
4.5/5

Kessel Racing (Blancpain Version) Ferrari 458 Italia GT3. (Camber @ 1.9/1.2) Feels much softer than 12C, and has some dive and squirm when braking hard. Any input on the accelerator drastically changes the cornering 'attitude'. Traction can be slightly unpredictable when really powering out of sharp 1st and 2nd gear corners, but makes up for it in top speed at the end of the straights. Slight mistakes can lead to very large accidents.
3/5

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R. (Flat Floor Version, Standard Susp./Alt. LSD)( Camber @1.5/1.5) Perfectly neutral, no under or oversteer at all. Very easy to recover from fairly large mistake with very little fuss. It is just one of those 'goes wherever you point it' kind of cars. Straight line speed is lacking, even with fairly short gears, but the cornering characteristics are near perfect.
5/5

Reiter Engineering Lamborghini Gallardo GT3-R. (Camber @ 1.0/2.0) This car actively wants to kill you, but it can be tamed (barely). All braking must be done and you must already be back on the power before you even think about turning into the corner. I had lot of problems with over-rotation on corner entry. You have to modulate throttle input when exiting sharp 1st and 2nd gear corners because traction can be an issue. Im not really sure why the Gallardo is so difficult in this game, but every version I have is very tricky near the limit. I don't think it is any different post 1.09, it has just never been a very friendly car to drive fast.
2/5

SRT Viper GTS-R. (Flat Floor Version, Set @IMSA GT3 specs -505HP/1250KG) (Camber @2.2-1.8) Overall, the car handles very well, but it does have some issues with power oversteer on exit which does mean that you sometimes need to lift off of the throttle slightly on exit. other than that, turn in is very sharp and steering responses are crisp. The handling is very friendly most of the time, but there can be a power slide out of corners if you are not careful.
3.5/5

Emil Frey Jaguar G3. (Power @ 563 for real world PWR/WGHT Ratio) (Camber @ 1.7/1.6) Under normal driving conditions, this car handles vey well, but when really pressing for the last few seconds I was caught out multiple times by excessive wheel spin on corner exits. This forced me to drive much more conservatively, in a car that is already pretty poor on the straights, which resulted in poor lap times compared to the other cars.
2.5/5

Reiter Engineering Chevorlet Camaro GT3 Blancpain (Based on Camaro Touring Car '10) (Camber @ 2.0/1.5) Downforce makes a huge difference. Cornering speeds in this are 10-15mph faster than any of the other replicas. Straight line speeds are drastically affected though, about 20mph slower at the end of the main straight at Spa than the 12C GT3. Handling characteristics are normally very good, but there are traction issues coming out of tight corners which made me rethink my strategy for the chicane.
4/5

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 (Flat Floor Version, Power @ 542 for real world Blancpain PWR/WGHT Ratio) (Camber @ 2.4/1.6) This car has fantastic overall cornering speeds, but straight line speed lets it down. It behaves very well, except for some wheel spin and traction loss with heavy throttle on corner exit. Also, the gap from 1st to 2nd is too wide to use first gear effectively. Turn in is very sharp and controlled and the overall handling balance is very neutral, except for the power oversteer on exit.
4/5

Kessel Racing (Blancpain Version) Ferrari 458 Italia GT3. (Revised) Feels much better than the original version, much sharper to drive, more planted and no more dive and squirm under braking. Feels very well balanced with a slight tendency towards power over steer on exit. Much better recovery from mistakes than before as well. 4.5/5

Time Splits

Mclaren -0.000
Ferrari (Revised) -0.228
Camaro -0.668
Ferrari -0.855
Corvette -1.327
Gallardo -1.418
Aston -1.659
Viper. -1.729
Jaguar -4.061

:) Thank you so much for taking the time to drive them and wrote the reviews. So, the Jag, Viper and Gallardo needs fine tuning for better stability ( less oversteer ) :P Will see what I can do, and update them. Looks like the 458 setup that I suggested works, I will add it later as alternate setup on all 458 GT3 replica posts.

At first I was a bit meh on the new settings but now I have spent some time with them I actually quite enjoy the new set up.

That is sad news R, I am certain you will love this track. I think it's one of the best tracks ever already and this is from a Nurb, Bath and Spa lover! You gotta find a way to make it happen cuz.

These 2 should be wicked fun I await these tunes with great interest. The new Nismo skyline is an awesome new add, think this piece of clay will work nicely in your mits R!

I will update the placeholders, sorry if I keep you waiting, I'm not home right now, but will update them once I get back on PS3.

The BMW 3002 Paul Cain TT is tricky and handful to drive on CS tire with about 335 wheel HP :scared:, it needs disciplined right foot as in GT6 it has skinny tires, unlike IRL with improved wider tires. Will include a replay of early test run at Silverstone GP on stock 4 speed.

For the Focus ST 2013, it's a stock car replica, the springs can't get low enough as in real life, so I used the spring ratio instead + lowest possible value. I also corrected many mistakes/wrong specs for the car, from weight distribution, torque, and the gearing. Then I set a target of replicating the lap time at Laguna Seca done by Randy Pobst ( MotorTrend Best Driver's Car ) at 1:49.3. Will include a replay of the lap at Laguna Seca beating Randy's record.
If time permits, I will also post additional replica setup based Fortune Auto Dreadnought Coilover Kit and Eibach Coilover Kits.

The Toyota VITZ F 2012 is a Silk Road based replica, it will have stock power and weight, 5 speed manual - uses gearing from manual version from VITZ RS.

The TRD Vitz RS Turbo is a replica with TRD based suspension kit.

Oh my goodness me, duuuuuude! This revised new tune has me wanting to do crazy explicit things to this car. I love, love, love this thing but this revision has made it for me my favorite GT6 ride. You good sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I can't begin to explain the sheer joy I have whilst driving this amazing car. I can only offer you my thanks and gratitude here as you have been one of the keys in the enhancement of my GT6 experience.

Good to hear and thanks for the kind words.

:) Thank you so much for taking the time to drive them and wrote the reviews. So, the Jag, Viper and Gallardo needs fine tuning for better stability ( less oversteer ) :P Will see what I can do, and update them. Looks like the 458 setup that I suggested works, I will add it later as alternate setup on all 458 GT3 replica posts.

I will update the placeholders, sorry if I keep you waiting, I'm not home right now, but will update them once I get back on PS3.

The BMW 3002 Paul Cain TT is tricky and handful to drive on CS tire with about 335 wheel HP :scared:, it needs disciplined right foot as in GT6 it has skinny tires, unlike IRL with improved wider tires. Will include a replay of early test run at Silverstone GP on stock 4 speed.

For the Focus ST 2013, it's a stock car replica, the springs can't get low enough as in real life, so I used the spring ratio instead + lowest possible value. I also corrected many mistakes/wrong specs for the car, from weight distribution, torque, and the gearing. Then I set a target of replicating the lap time at Laguna Seca done by Randy Pobst ( MotorTrend Best Driver's Car ) at 1:49.3. Will include a replay of the lap at Laguna Seca beating Randy's record.
If time permits, I will also post additional replica setup based Fortune Auto Dreadnought Coilover Kit and Eibach Coilover Kits.

The Toyota VITZ F 2012 is a Silk Road based replica, it will have stock power and weight, 5 speed manual - uses gearing from manual version from VITZ RS.

The TRD Vitz RS Turbo is a replica with TRD based suspension kit.

Good to hear and thanks for the kind words.
I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the BMW. It sounds like a wonderful example of a retrotech car, Bavarian style :D

I'm still waiting for a plausible reason why PD decided to re-engineer the Focus (and others for that matter) to suit themselves. Why the hell they just didn't copy the OEM specs has me baffled :confused:

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the BMW. It sounds like a wonderful example of a retrotech car, Bavarian style :D

I'm still waiting for a plausible reason why PD decided to re-engineer the Focus (and others for that matter) to suit themselves. Why the hell they just didn't copy the OEM specs has me baffled :confused:

Agreed Pete, sometimes PD make one move that blows your mind with greatness then they follow it up with another that leaves you banging your head.

RENNTech Mercedes McLaren SLR 722 GT
"Performance Without Compromise"

Tuned to replicate RENNTech SLR 722 GT
Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

CAR : SLR McLaren '09
Tire : Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 670 HP at 6600 RPM
Torque : 610.2 ft-lb at 3300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.2%
Weight: 1387 kg
Ballast : 76 kg
Ballast Position : -20
Weight Distribution : 49 / 51 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 610

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) - MANDATORY - the real SLR 722 GT has racing car preparation, with strengthened chassis.
Aero Kits Type A or OPTIONAL Type B
Other : Part A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type E
Winglets Large Type C
Height +2 and Width +11
Wheels : Standard Size or +1 Inch Up - ENKEI RC-T4 or BBS RE-MG in Black Solid or Matte.
Car Paint : Crystal Laurit Silver or White or Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - RENNTech KW Based Motorsport 3 Way Damper Racing Suspension Package 1200/1500 Track Setup - High Camber
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 90 90
Spring Rate: 21.43 26.79
Dampers (Compression): 8 6
Dampers (Extension): 7 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Camber Angle: 3.2 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.16 0.16

Suspension - RENNTech KW Based Motorsport 3 Way Damper Racing Suspension Package 1200/1500 Track Setup - Medium Camber
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 2.7 1.0

Suspension - RENNTech KW Based Motorsport 3 Way Damper Racing Suspension Package 1200/1500 Track Setup - Low Camber
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 2.2 0.5

LSD - RENNTech Performance Differential Super Lock 2 Way LSD

Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 42
Braking Sensitivity: 48

AERO
Rear : 320 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
2/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/2 or 2/3 or 2/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 2/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Ultimate Mercedes : SLR Mclaren tuned by RENNTech. Their motto : Performance Without Compromise. Each RENNTech SLR are special car tuned with extreme build quality and durability. The limited edition number of cars made sure the status of these cars are among the top echelon of exotics, commanding prices beyond mere mortal can afford. They are built not only for show, but they goes like racing car, street legal racing car to be precise.

Their early release is this SLR 722 GT, packing 670HP and 610ft torque, the SLR received decent power and torque bump, while weight has also been shaved for track purpose. The chassis received transformation in rigidity, with extensive enhancement by replacing many parts with carbon. Weight comes in at 1387kg and distribution at 49/51 based on review.

Suspension fitted by RENNTech is based on KW Suspension, featuring 3 way Racing Damper with matching springs. For spring rate, I decided to use stiff racing spec rate, at 1200 lb/in front and 1500lb/in rear, this is a club racer setup, with damper, ARB and camber tuned for best performance while maintaining good balance and feeling. I have provided 3 camber level setup, my personal choice is high camber :)

The 722 GT uses RENNTech built differential, a mechanical clutch type 2 way LSD with 70% lock on acceleration and 80% lock on coast/overrun. The transition is smooth, possible with optimized initial torque.

Gearing remains stock, but RENNTech has rebuilt the internals with RENNTech 722.6 5 Speed Transmission Upgrade KIT. Stronger clutch has been replicated with twin plate clutch, while the upgrades is reflected with the added carbon drive shaft, giving quicker shift times with better feel like in real life.

For appearance, the optional Aero Kit Type B is the closest to the real car, but the wheel offset is not possible, thus may give unfavorable look to some.

I tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Red Bull Ring, and Silverstone GP, from comfort soft to racing hard, the SLR 722 GT drives exceptionally well, Enjoy :D This one for you @ColinH96, sorry it has been long overdue :lol:

Hey Orido. No Catalytic Converter Sports required here. 👍

Hi my friend, things are calming down a bit and I'm finally getting a little time to spend playing my favorite game again. I'm still working on the NSX so I'll send you my tests as soon as I finish.

I don't know if you remember, but in the "Difficult Car Of THe Month" I did a few reviews of the cars you submitted, the first time I didn't understand why you would tune a car that way, but after a few reviews I started seeing the benefits of using real life limitations, and also the joy of being able to make a great tune with those same limitations. I also told you "don't worry I'm not interested in making replicas" :P. Well I found one that I do want to make, sorry about that, but I couldn't pass up this one. It's a Citroen 2CV Racing Car,:rolleyes:, ya, they do exist and there's quite a few clubs across the globe. I have the info for must of the specs required for the races, but they mention Toyo 135 x 80 x 15 Road Tires and I have no idea which of the CH,CM,CS,SH,SM,SS tires is the equivalent. If you could help me here it would be much appreciated. This is the first car I tuned when I opened my garage on GTplanet, would be nice to redo it as my first replica. Again thanks a 1 000 000.:cheers:

Hi my friend, things are calming down a bit and I'm finally getting a little time to spend playing my favorite game again. I'm still working on the NSX so I'll send you my tests as soon as I finish.

I don't know if you remember, but in the "Difficult Car Of THe Month" I did a few reviews of the cars you submitted, the first time I didn't understand why you would tune a car that way, but after a few reviews I started seeing the benefits of using real life limitations, and also the joy of being able to make a great tune with those same limitations. I also told you "don't worry I'm not interested in making replicas" :P. Well I found one that I do want to make, sorry about that, but I couldn't pass up this one. It's a Citroen 2CV Racing Car,:rolleyes:, ya, they do exist and there's quite a few clubs across the globe. I have the info for must of the specs required for the races, but they mention Toyo 135 x 80 x 15 Road Tires and I have no idea which of the CH,CM,CS,SH,SM,SS tires is the equivalent. If you could help me here it would be much appreciated. This is the first car I tuned when I opened my garage on GTplanet, would be nice to redo it as my first replica. Again thanks a 1 000 000.:cheers:
I'm not sure if it's still running but, I remember reading about a 24hr race for the 2CV at Mondello Park in Ireland.

Great news, making replicas, yay :D Toyo road tires :) I think you should start with CH tires. Usually I used real life lap times at available track in GT6 as reference, if that's not available, I make rough guess, most road tires ( non semi slick ) are comfort hard to comfort medium, while comfort soft is only for ultra high performance street/summer tires and hard compound semi slick. From experience building GT4 cars and JGTC cars, SS tire = hard slick IRL.

RENNTech Mercedes McLaren SLR 722 GT
"Performance Without Compromise"

Tuned to replicate RENNTech SLR 722 GT
Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

CAR : SLR McLaren '09
Tire : Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 670 HP at 6600 RPM
Torque : 610.2 ft-lb at 3300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.2%
Weight: 1387 kg
Ballast : 76 kg
Ballast Position : -20
Weight Distribution : 49 / 51 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 610

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) - MANDATORY - the real SLR 722 GT has racing car preparation, with strengthened chassis.
Aero Kits Type A or OPTIONAL Type B
Other : Part A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type E
Winglets Large Type C
Height +2 and Width +11
Wheels : Standard Size or +1 Inch Up - ENKEI RC-T4 or BBS RE-MG in Black Solid or Matte.
Car Paint : Crystal Laurit Silver or White or Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - RENNTech KW Based Motorsport 3 Way Damper Racing Suspension Package 1200/1500 Track Setup - High Camber
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 3.2 1.5

Suspension - RENNTech KW Based Motorsport 3 Way Damper Racing Suspension Package 1200/1500 Track Setup - Medium Camber
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 2.7 1.0

Suspension - RENNTech KW Based Motorsport 3 Way Damper Racing Suspension Package 1200/1500 Track Setup - Low Camber
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 2.2 0.5

LSD - RENNTech Performance Differential Super Lock 2 Way LSD

Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 42
Braking Sensitivity: 48

AERO
Rear : 320 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
2/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/2 or 2/3 or 2/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 2/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Ultimate Mercedes : SLR Mclaren tuned by RENNTech. Their motto : Performance Without Compromise. Each RENNTech SLR are special car tuned with extreme build quality and durability. The limited edition number of cars made sure the status of these cars are among the top echelon of exotics, commanding prices beyond mere mortal can afford. They are built not only for show, but they goes like racing car, street legal racing car to be precise.

Their early release is this SLR 722 GT, packing 670HP and 610ft torque, the SLR received decent power and torque bump, while weight has also been shaved for track purpose. The chassis received transformation in rigidity, with extensive enhancement by replacing many parts with carbon. Weight comes in at 1387kg and distribution at 49/51 based on review.

Suspension fitted by RENNTech is based on KW Suspension, featuring 3 way Racing Damper with matching springs. For spring rate, I decided to use stiff racing spec rate, at 1200 lb/in front and 1500lb/in rear, this is a club racer setup, with damper, ARB and camber tuned for best performance while maintaining good balance and feeling. I have provided 3 camber level setup, my personal choice is high camber :)

The 722 GT uses RENNTech built differential, a mechanical clutch type 2 way LSD with 70% lock on acceleration and 80% lock on coast/overrun. The transition is smooth, possible with optimized initial torque.

Gearing remains stock, but RENNTech has rebuilt the internals with RENNTech 722.6 5 Speed Transmission Upgrade KIT. Stronger clutch has been replicated with twin plate clutch, while the upgrades is reflected with the added carbon drive shaft, giving quicker shift times with better feel like in real life.

For appearance, the optional Aero Kit Type B is the closest to the real car, but the wheel offset is not possible, thus may give unfavorable look to some.

I tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Red Bull Ring, and Silverstone GP, from comfort soft to racing hard, the SLR 722 GT drives exceptionally well, Enjoy :D This one for you @ColinH96, sorry it has been long overdue :lol:

Car:
600PP, SS, BB 1/1 @ G27, Low Camber, No aids or ABS.

Track:
S, Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge (650PP, SS), Winner.

Another one! 👍

Car:
600PP, SS, BB 1/1 @ G27, Low Camber, No aids or ABS.

Track:
S, Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge (650PP, SS), Winner.

Another one! 👍

:D Nice, hope you have the same enjoyment from the SLR777 :P

I have updated the VITZ Silk Road, it's 450PP version, it has some deficit in traction due to skinny tires, but still very fun to throw around on shorter tracks :P

Toyota VITZ F "RS" Turbo 2012 Silk Road RM/A8 450PP

Special Build Vitz "RS" Turbo tuned with Silk Road RM/A8 Kit 450PP

Comfort Soft to Sport Medium

CAR : Toyota VITZ F '12
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 244 HP at 7000 RPM
Torque : 184.3 ft-lb at 6600 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 990 kg
Ballast : 100 kg
Ballast Position : -18
Weight Distribution : 61 / 39 as the real car spec, close to 62/38
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Stock or ENKEI Competition S2 in Matte Pink
Car Paint : Matte Pink

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension -SILK ROAD RM/A8 5/4 Springs with Factory Alignment Range ( 1.75" Front Drop / 2.75" Rear Drop )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 96 75 ( rear supposed to be 70, not possible, 75 used )
Spring Rate: 5.00 4.00
Dampers (Compression): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 5
Camber Angle: 0.2 1.0 ( Front Camber 0.17+-0.75, Rear Camber 0.95+-0.75 )
Toe Angle: 0.15 0.28 ( Toe In Front : 0.15+-0.22, Toe In Rear : 0.28+-0.33 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Toyota VITZ RS Manual 5 Speed + Final Swap
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.312
Set Auto Max Speed at 220kmh / 137mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.166
2nd 1.904
3rd 1.392
4th 1.031
5th 0.815
Set Final : 4.312

LSD - 1 Way TRD Helical LSD

Initial Torque : 17
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Brake Balance:
7/9 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/7, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/9 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This is one of rarest FF tuned in GT6 :)

For this build, I used Silk Road RM/A8 coilover damper kit with 5kg/4kg spring package. Toyota VITZ factory alignment range has also been implemented. The coilover allows nice drop at 1 3/4" front and 2 3/4" rear, this gives nice stance and visually level appearance.

LSD uses TRD Helical Type 1 Way. I retained stock weight and distribution, but I fine tuned the balance via weight reduction and ballast to achieve closer to 62/38 of the real car. With only rear seats removal and spare tire in real life, weight shifter forward to 63/37.

As the real car and in GT6 is equipped with 175 wide tire and 14 inch diameter, comfort soft will struggle for traction with the amount of power and torque on 450PP, thus sports hard is highly recommended.

Gearing has been changed from CCVT to 5 Speed Manual, taken from Toyota VITZ RS Manual Ratio. The gearing is well balanced with enough top speed for medium speed track.

The VITZ F 450PP was tuned and tested at Red Bull Ring Short, Tsukuba, Nurburgring GP/D and Big Willlow. At Tsukuba, it can lap easy 1:06s on CS tire, not bad for a VITZ :) Not as quick as my J's Racing Honda FIT RS Turbo as the VITZ retains stock ratio 5 Speed :P

@ Pete05 , thanks, I don't know if this is the same but I found the info from 'The Classic 2CV Racing Club', they just did a 24h race in Anglesey, UK.
2014-08-24_203259.png

@ Ridox2JZGTE , again many thanks, they do publish the lap times but unfortunately I don't have access to that track, will probably go with the comfort mediums the car came with. I've been looking into maybe doing a Ford Ka but so far my research hasn't yielded any good results, take care and keep them cars coming.

@ Pete05 , thanks, I don't know if this is the same but I found the info from 'The Classic 2CV Racing Club', they just did a 24h race in Anglesey, UK.
View attachment 228735

@ Ridox2JZGTE , again many thanks, they do publish the lap times but unfortunately I don't have access to that track, will probably go with the comfort mediums the car came with. I've been looking into maybe doing a Ford Ka but so far my research hasn't yielded any good results, take care and keep them cars coming.
That sounds like more of the same madness, just in a different location :lol:

View attachment 228735

If you go to UK 2CV Club, they have more details on the car and mods allowed, up to 49BHP, stock 4 speed, weight savings, roll cage, Toyo tires :

Technical Information
Engines - Sensible engine tuning means engines can last a couple of seasons, including a 24-hour between rebuilds, and it only costs between £600 and £1200 to build in the first place. They are a simple and interesting unit to work on and performance is better than most people think. With 35-45HP and a car weighing only 530Kg the cars can still do 90 mph.

Modifications - are limited to higher (9.0:1) compression pistons, gas flowed cylinder heads, lightened flywheels, from the 2004 season a mandatory control camshaft from Kent Cams, details of which will be sent to you on joining the 2CV Racing Club (it is no longer permitted to use Citroen's original camshaft) and 2CV racing club approved Luminition electronic ignition.

The engine technical regulations, as with all the technical regulations apply to both the enduro (including 24hr) and sprint races.

Much amusement has been had by the motoring press with reports of 3 or 4 engines per car required for the 24hr race, this 'requirement' is rubbish. The 24hr race, now held at Snetterton Circuit in Norfolk but formerly always run at Mondello Park near Dublin, has nearly always been won by a team which started and finished with the same engine then finished the rest of the season on it, even competing with the same engine in the following year's 24hr event! Any engine failures during the 24hr race are usually caused by drivers unfamiliar with the 2cv's simple but unusual gear change, the best way to overcome the unfamiliarity is to use the car for a round or two of the championship before the 24hr race, driving a road 2cv helps a lot too.

Chassis - In the current 2CV rules, you have the choice of two chassis. There is not much difference between them in performance, the standard Citroen chassis is the lightest, whilst the SLC is slightly stiffer than the replacement chassis sold for road use by either Citroen or SLC.

Roll cages - need to be as per the MSA 'Blue Book' for saloon cars. The addition of a bar between each front and each rear foot of the cage is compulsory, please refer to the regulations for the details of this bar.

Wheels & tyres - Tyres must be 135 x 80 x 15 inch TOYO road tyres. A set can last more than a complete season - not including the 24-hour race when between 1 and 4 tyres may be needed to complete the distance. Tyres are available through the club at a discount price. Standard Citroen 2cv original road wheels must be used & are available discounted to 2cv racers.

Suspension - The one area where racing 2CVs are noticeably different from road 2CVs, is that the race 2CVs suspension has been lowered and stiffened. This means there is none of that 'scraping the door mirrors on the road' when cornering like standard road 2CVs. Spring rates are generally increased 150-200% over standard springs which coupled to light weight makes them very agile on the track, enough to surprise other race cars on a test day. Corner speed is the Holy Grail. Modifications required to achieve racing quality handling are very limited, modified front arms (camber and caster adjustments) can be supplied by a number of teams or simply modify them yourself to reduce the costs.

Shock absorbers - can be replaced with alternatives and bump stops can be removed. Camber and caster angles are free on front and rear axles. It is also possible to fit an Ami 8 anti roll bar to the front suspension.

Steering - The steering rack must be standard, but track rods are normally lengthened while track rod adjusters can be strengthened or replaced. Through the racing club it is possible to buy strengthened adjuster sets which is recommended. The steering column must have a universal joint added to the bottom end. This means you can lower the steering wheel position to suit your driving position. Standard wheel bearings and kingpins are still used, but its best to check them every year. If the car is doing the 24-hour race then it's advisable to check them very thoroughly - before the event!

Exhausts - systems must pass MSA noise levels. There are two main types of system used, a modified road system or a 2 into 1 system.

The basic rule of thumb is that the standard system gives better torque and is easy to fit onto existing mountings whilst the 2 into 1 gives better top end power.

Gearbox - A standard 2CV6 602cc gearbox is used (Dyane or 2CV4 gearboxes are not allowed), the only modifications permitted are that you can extend the gear stick and put a blanking pug in the speedo cable hole if no speedometer is fitted to the car. Gearboxes, even in race trim, seem to last for ever, and can be easily rebuilt.

Brakes - The standard 2CV braking system is used, and is more than capable of lasting the 24-hour race even in road car condition. 2CVs from the mid '70s onwards had discs on the front and drums on the rear, and if anything a standard 2CV is over braked anyway. Most importantly the front brake calipers should be serviced (fit new seals and replace fluid. LHM fluid only) to prevent overheating. Heat sinks can be fitted to the calipers to help dissipate heat. Brake pads are free, and there are a number of different pads on the market. But in general the standard original Citroën front brake pad is just as good.

Exterior - it is necessary to remove the front and rear bumpers and the fitting of a front spoiler is mandatory. The side and rear windows can be replaced with 4mm thick Perspex sheet. Glass reinforced bonnets, front & rear wings are optional from season 2004. The mandatory ABS front spoiler is available to racing club members.

Source : http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/technical/gettingstarted

This is technical regs for UK 24 H races.

2CV 24H also held at Spa, you will need to further research if the tech regs are similar to UK 24H, mainly HP, weight and gearbox rules.

http://www.24h2cv.be/05photosfr.htm

2013 result is available there, the best qualifying time is 3:22.311 running Citreon Dyane run by BNLL2 Team. Race best time is 3:22.791 running Citreon Dyane BNLL Team MIKO. Try to build the car in GT6 and run it at CH first, see if you can post similar lap times :P

I just had a chance to setup and drive the Ferrari F40 EU Tune:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rdoslbestmotoring.294814/page-35#post-9671983

I went with the NO CATS option with the HI-TURBO producing 513HP. I decided to take her out on Ascari, a true test track, to see what she could do. Slapping on a set of Comfort Soft tires, she showed me that she could stay sideways most of the lap - my white knuckles firmly grasping my DFGT wheel as I winced in terror each time I came upon a corner. This thing is truly a beast. I know that word gets thrown around GTPlanet a lot, but we know the real world ride is an animal and this replica does a fantastic job translating that experience to our consoles.

It took me several laps to get used to the power and torque of this car. I would suggest for those of you setting up your own EU Spec F40 to shift around 5000RPM until you get used to the immense power if you are driving on Comfort grade tires. She will light 'em up so easily and while that can be fun, you're going to lose lots of precious time finishing your laps.

Eventually I decided to try my new F40 on Sport Hard tires and it was a much more controlled drive. Oh, she's still a handful - no doubt - but much more controllable. I would definitely recommend getting ALL of your braking done in a straight line, well before you think about turning in, especially with the Comfort tires. On a track like Ascari, there are only a couple of sections where you'll really see frighteningly fast speeds, so you'll probably be in 2nd, 3rd and 4th the majority of your lap. Don't be afraid to downshift to help with turn in - it can really help whip that backend around and get you pointed where you want to go.

I'm going to head off to another track now and see how she handles on a track like Twin Ring Motegi. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of fun!

Well done Ridox...I've been meaning to test this setup for a while. I had the US Spec car setup a while back, but from what I remember, I think I like this EU Spec car much better.

I just had a chance to setup and drive the Ferrari F40 EU Tune:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rdoslbestmotoring.294814/page-35#post-9671983

I went with the NO CATS option with the HI-TURBO producing 513HP. I decided to take her out on Ascari, a true test track, to see what she could do. Slapping on a set of Comfort Soft tires, she showed me that she could stay sideways most of the lap - my white knuckles firmly grasping my DFGT wheel as I winced in terror each time I came upon a corner. This thing is truly a beast. I know that word gets thrown around GTPlanet a lot, but we know the real world ride is an animal and this replica does a fantastic job translating that experience to our consoles.

It took me several laps to get used to the power and torque of this car. I would suggest for those of you setting up your own EU Spec F40 to shift around 5000RPM until you get used to the immense power if you are driving on Comfort grade tires. She will light 'em up so easily and while that can be fun, you're going to lose lots of precious time finishing your laps.

Eventually I decided to try my new F40 on Sport Hard tires and it was a much more controlled drive. Oh, she's still a handful - no doubt - but much more controllable. I would definitely recommend getting ALL of your braking done in a straight line, well before you think about turning in, especially with the Comfort tires. On a track like Ascari, there are only a couple of sections where you'll really see frighteningly fast speeds, so you'll probably be in 2nd, 3rd and 4th the majority of your lap. Don't be afraid to downshift to help with turn in - it can really help whip that backend around and get you pointed where you want to go.

I'm going to head off to another track now and see how she handles on a track like Twin Ring Motegi. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of fun!

Well done Ridox...I've been meaning to test this setup for a while. I had the US Spec car setup a while back, but from what I remember, I think I like this EU Spec car much better.

If you like the base EU, try the recently updated EU Auto Motorsport Mag version with Best Motoring ride height and stock spring ratio :P If you find the base EU oversteer too much, try the lower front ride height.

Okay! I will give it a look. Just took the EU F40 around Nurburgring. What a wild ride. I'm not the greatest driver so I had to go a bit easy with her. Still, what fun! I remember lusting after this car when it first came out in the 80s and I can just imagine what it would be like to be behind the wheel of one of these things. The last truly great Ferrari, some say...

Back