RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
139.8xx, :eek: over ten seconds faster than Randy :sly: :lol: I know, it should be 1:49.8xx right, that's only half a second from 1:49.3 :D

For the 2014 Focus ST, it's the same car as 2013, minus some interior updates / cosmetic changes :P, but I will be posting it with another real life vs GT6 lap time, same driver - Randy Pobst, this time he drove it at another American track :P

Lololololol yes Randy is not even on my level! You are correct good sir, a typo but that's what happens as one gets older.

The Paul Cain replica is a great little tune and yes it is a little bit of a handful handling wise but it is definately manageable with sm tires. Once again quality work!

FORD Focus ST 2014 Replica

Tuned to replicate Focus ST 2014
Streets of Willow
April 2014 MotorTrend Head 2 Head Test

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_50.jpg

CAR : Ford Focus ST '13
Tire : Comfort Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 252 HP at 5300 RPM
Torque : 267.8 ft-lb at 2500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 92.5%
Weight: 1462 kg
Ballast : 191 kg
Ballast Position : -50
Weight Distribution : 60 / 40 as the real car spec when tested.
Performance Points: 431

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Red

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_49.jpg

Tuning Parts Installed :
Intake Tuning
Fully Customizable Suspension
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 2

Suspension - Ford Factory ST Tuned Springs Ratio + Damper with
2014 ST Tuned Street/Track Alignment Range

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120
Spring Rate: 4.77 5.11
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 1.6 2.0 ( Front camber : -1.30 +- 0.30, Rear Camber : -2.00+-0.00 )
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.20 ( Front Toe In : 0.10 +- 0.15, Rear Toe In : 0.16 +- 0.56 )

OPTIONAL Factory 2014 Model Year Street Alignment :
Front
Camber ( Driver Side ) : -0.90 +- 0.80
Total Toe In : 0.10 +- 0.20

Rear
Camber : -1.35 +- 0.75
Total Toe In : 0.38 +- 0.20

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected Stock GETRAG MMT6 Dual Output Shaft Ratio with 4.063 Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 280kmh / 174mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.231
2nd 1.952
3rd 1.321
4th 1.029
5th 0.821 - Actual Ratio : 1.129 with 2nd final drive 2.955
6th 0.685 - Actual Ratio : 0.943 with 2nd final drive 2.955
Set Final :4.063

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_48.jpg

LSD - Traction Control Based Front Brake and Torque Vectoring Electronic LSD

Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 15
Braking Sensitivity: 5

OPTIONAL 2013 Model Year Replica LSD :
Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 23

Brake Balance:
7/10 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/8, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/10 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Ford Focus ST 2014 is built based on the 2013 replica, as the 2014 model year only has some interior changes and slightly different factory base alignment.

For this replica, I made a corrected version for 2014 aiming at replicating Streets of Willow lap record during April 2014 MotorTrend Head 2 Head Test against Subaru WRX 2015 Sedan, not really perfect, but as close as possible replicating the real car. The Focus 2014 loses to the WRX 2015 Sedan, the Focus was over 2 seconds slower at 1:29.68, while the WRX posted 1:27.32.

The Ford Focus ST 2014 has 270lb-ft torque, while in GT6 stock value is too low, I have installed intake tuning to get closer at 267.8ft-lb. Power limiter used to get 252HP stock value. Now, onto the weight distribution, the real car has 60/40 distribution, GT6 once again wrong, so I installed weight reduction stage 2 and put some ballast at -50 to get the proper distribution. Curb weight officially at 3223lbs / 1462kg.

For suspension, the stock spring rate is too high in GT6, and the real life stock value can't be reached ( not low enough on GT6 ). I chose to use the spring ratio instead and set the lowest possible spring rate on GT6.
The real car has 30N/mm or 171lb/in spring rate at the front and 32N/mm or 183lb/in spring rate at the rear, based on Ford Official documentation, but when tested by well respected suspension company, the actual rates are =

Front : 29N/mm or 166lb/in
Rear : 31N/mm or 177lb/in

Slightly lower than official stats.

For GT6, I used 4.77kg/mm or 267lb/in spring rate at the front and 5.11kg/mm or 286lb/in spring rate at the rear. This retains stock spring rate ratio, and I have tuned the damper and ARB to maintain balance similar to real life review, nimble with surgical precision while still can bite back on the limit.

I have also used Ford factory alignment ( camber and toe ), the alignment value used is recommended value by ST experts, while for daily driving factory alignment range are as below ( OPTIONAL ) :

Front
Camber : -0.90 +- 0.80
Total Toe In : 0.10 +- 0.20

Rear
Camber : -1.35 +- 0.75
Total Toe In : 0.38 +- 0.20

The overall range of values are similar, but the one used on this replica offers better performance at the track.

Gearbox is another one that needs fixing, the real car uses Getrag MMT6 with dual output shaft which result in 2 different final drive, 4.063 final drive for the 1st to 4th gear, while 5th and 6th uses 2.955.
GT6 incorrectly set the 5th and 6th, which result on overly long gearing and useless. I have set the 5th and 6th with calculated effective ratio when 4.063 is used instead, this will replicate real life vehicle speed at max engine speed on all gears from 1st to 6th.

For LSD, I have setup in conjunction with brake balance to achieve similar effect to real life electronic based LSD and torque vectoring as well as cornering understeer control. I have used lowest possible preload and low lock rate to give some locking action which reduce inside wheel spin and give some stability on mid corner, while the rear bias brake balance will help to give illusion of brake based system at the rear axle.

The real Focus ST uses several electronic system in synergy to maintain handling balance under heavy cornering, there's no mechanical parts that acts like limited slip differential. First is the brake based LSD, which relies on traction control system to maintain traction by applying brake pressure on each front wheel to reduce understeer. The Enhanced Torque Vectoring Control and Cornering Understeer Control work hand in hand on both front and rear axle to maintain balance, encourage oversteer, apply inside and outside brake pressure according situation. With trail braking, the Focus ST can be easily shifted to oversteer on entry, up to certain degree. When the car is really pushed hard at track pace, the brake based system is proven not really reliable, often resulting in overheated brake after several hot laps. When this happens, heavy understeer will slowly creep in which will show the Focus ST true colors.

Here is a quote from Randy Pobst on his experience at hot lapping the Focus ST at Laguna Seca MotorTrend Best Driver's Car 2013 :

The hot-shoe's take: "It was enjoyable while it was drifting, but once something changed when everything got good and heated up, it became just an understeerer and it lost that terrific entry rotation that it had originally."

And his impression on April 2014 MotorTrend Head 2 Head Test at Streets of Willow Springs :

"The Focus has quick, responsive steering, but it feels like the shocks can't quite keep up. It feels a little too soft and rolls a little too quickly. Total roll isn't bad for a street car, but it happens too fast. "The balance is really good for a front-drive car, but I do get some wheelspin. It doesn't have a mechanical limited-slip -- it needs one because it has really good mid-range torque on the boost and not a lot of turbo lag." Randy also praised the Focus' high-speed stability and "guttural" engine note.
Though my laps weren't timed, I have no doubt I was quicker in the Subaru than the Focus. No, the Subaru doesn't turn in as sharply as the Focus (and will indeed plow straight into the dirt with too much mid-corner throttle), but its tremendous stability and predictability didn't have me second-guessing actions or reactions as I did in the Focus. I drove the car and the car just told me to drive faster, lap after lap. I also greatly prefer the driving position in the WRX. The seats aren't as massively bolstered as the ST's optional Recaros, but they are more comfortable -still plenty grippy-and they sit lower in the car. The reach to the fully telescoped steering wheel is also shorter in the WRX, and the shifter, while notchy, is much more precise-feeling than in the ST.

Several tests review also shown that after several laps, the Focus ST tend to lose it's charm and starts to understeer as the braking performance reduced due to heat build up in the system.

I mainly tested the car at Tsukuba, Big Willow, Streets of Willow, and Laguna Seca. At Streets of Wllow, it can easily lap in 1:28s on comfort medium. The April 2014 Head 2 Head MotorTrend Test lap record was 1:29.68, driven by Pro Driver Randy Pobst.

Below I also provided a picture with detailed gearing and speed stat for the Getrag MMT6 on the Focus ST 2014, and a replay of the run at Streets of Willow for reference using the 2013 replica LSD and alignment :P

View attachment 228860

Watch it, to find out the similarity and difference in cornering, lowest and highest speed around corners, if you want more in depth, access the Data Logger and make observation on the peak G's around corners. I included screenshots from the April 2014 MotorTrend Head 2 Head Test Result.

laptimes.jpg
hotlaps.jpg

GT6 Lap vs Real Life Lap in Motec i2 Software ( 1.14 New Feature )

View attachment 260266

Drive the Focus ST replica at Streets of Willow and hopefully you'll find pleasure like I do.

Attachments

• FocusST141m28sStreetsofWillowzip.zip
    331.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Looks great :) Another winner :P I hope you like the new LSD setup. I tested the 2014 at London Reverse, just to gauge how quick the car is compared to the current FITT Ford Challenge which uses 450PP Focus with CS tire. The average tuner entry lap in 1:00-1:01s range on CS, close 6 speed and 450PP - tuned with goal to lap as quick as possible ( low LSD, rear ward weight distribution, ride height exploit etc ). The 2014 replica at 431PP with CM is easily capable of 1:04s :eek: Expect 1:02s on CS tires.

Have you driven the Audi R8 LMS Ultra Team Phoenix again ? I think I'm going to revisit the car again soon :) Will post these in a day or two :

Ford Focus ST '13 BTCC 8 Humberside Racing Team ( GTP League ) - Special Tune that I made for the team.
Ford Focus 2014 Fortune Auto Dreadnought Pro 5 Series Tuned
BMW MotorSports E92 M3 GT4 ( M3 '07 and ChromeLine Edition )
Ford Mustang FR500C BOY RACER GT4 - based on Mustang BOSS 302 and Mustang S197 GT Premium
Hawthorns Motorsport / Neil Garner Performance Engineering-Porsche 996 GT4 BRITCAR 24 SPA Endurance Race 2008-2009
Ferrari 512BB Real World Setup Replica - Expert Mode :lol:
Mazda RX8 Laguna Seca Best Motoring Lap Record.

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_58.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_6_1.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_118.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_116.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great :) Another winner :P I hope you like the new LSD setup. I tested the 2014 at London Reverse, just to gauge how quick the car is compared to the current FITT Ford Challenge which uses 450PP Focus with CS tire. The average tuner entry lap in 1:00-1:01s range on CS, close 6 speed and 450PP - tuned with goal to lap as quick as possible ( low LSD, rear ward weight distribution, ride height exploit etc ). The 2014 replica at 431PP with CM is easily capable of 1:04s :eek: Expect 1:02s on CS tires.

Have you driven the Audi R8 LMS Ultra Team Phoenix again ? I think I'm going to revisit the car again soon :) Will post these in a day or two :

Ford Focus ST '13 BTCC 8 Humberside Racing Team ( GTP League ) - Special Tune that I made for the team.
Ford Mustang FR500C BOY RACER GT4 - based on Mustang BOSS 302 and Mustang S197 GT Premium
Hawthorns Motorsport / Neil Garner Performance Engineering-Porsche 996 GT4 BRITCAR 24 SPA Endurance Race 2008-2009

View attachment 231746
View attachment 231750
View attachment 231752
View attachment 231753

My budget and PS3 are ready

View attachment 231746
View attachment 231750
View attachment 231752
View attachment 231753
The '14 is doing very well with the new diff and CM tyres. 👍

I'm curious what can be done (if) with the "cursed" R8 LMS. :grumpy:

You have a nice list ready there, my friend. :)
If it's possible, could you start with the RX8? :P ;)

The '14 is doing very well with the new diff and CM tyres. 👍

I'm curious what can be done (if) with the "cursed" R8 LMS. :grumpy:

You have a nice list ready there, my friend. :)
If it's possible, could you start with the RX8? :P ;)

The new LSD is to closer reflect the non mechanical diff used on the real car, I will update the 2013 replica with the new LSD as optional. The accel value at 15 gives the lowest lock that allows balanced traction - inside wheel spin still can happen on CM tire, but will be both wheel most of the time.

I think for the R8 LMS, I need to build a new tune with camber :P Will take time :lol:

I will post the RX8 first then, expect a replay and video of real life lap done by one of the best Best Motoring Pro driver. The braking point speed, cornering speed and exit speed are very close this time :eek: Have you seen the Focus 2013 replay vs the Laguna Seca lap done by Randy ? Are they close enough ?

Thank you for your responses @Ridox2JZGTE. I appreciate your modesty regarding speaking about your tuning ability. I'm certain, if you wanted to, you could produce tunes with the aim of making the car as "GT6 focused" as possible. Meaning, they are tuned to respond to the biases that produces the fastest lap times in GT6 whether it makes the car completely unrealistic or not. There is a reason that I spend so much time in your garage, compared to the others, and that is because I want the most realistic experience possible. It is the only reason I purchased GT6 in the first place. I'm looking for as much accuracy to real life as possible. If a car is an unruly mess with horribly stiff and an unforgiving suspension with a rear-end that is locked and ready to have you facing 180 degrees of your intended direction at a moments notice due to over ambitious throttle usage, in real life, well then, that is how I want my car to drive in GT6 when I am cruising around. I can always set it up for GT6 focused purposes, so I can compete in Seasonal Events or whatever, in a different tab.

I've written in responses somewhere in this thread that I know your tunes aren't for the faint of heart. I know in a lot of cases they aren't going to provide me with the fastest lap times. That's okay. Again, I'm looking to drive a car in Gran Turismo and hopefully experience, somewhat, what it is like to drive a similar car in real life. I think you're 100% when you say that many tuners set up their cars to the point where they all feel exactly the same way. I say it to myself all the time. "Why even bother having 500 different cars if they all feel exactly the same way?!" When I apply your tune, I am confident that you are providing me with the instructions to set up my vehicle as close to the real life version as GT6 will allow. That is exactly what I want out of this game -- realism.

Please, keep doing what you are doing. You have no idea how impressive it is to read one of your tunes and learn so much about a car, based on your notes and descriptions of the car provided in you tune information. And thank you sharing your thoughts on a car damage/degradation system. I think it is vital that GT7 includes at least some of what you posted or they will lose even more customers to the other available driving games/sims out there.

Thank you for your responses @Ridox2JZGTE. I appreciate your modesty regarding speaking about your tuning ability. I'm certain, if you wanted to, you could produce tunes with the aim of making the car as "GT6 focused" as possible. Meaning, they are tuned to respond to the biases that produces the fastest lap times in GT6 whether it makes the car completely unrealistic or not. There is a reason that I spend so much time in your garage, compared to the others, and that is because I want the most realistic experience possible. It is the only reason I purchased GT6 in the first place. I'm looking for as much accuracy to real life as possible. If a car is an unruly mess with horribly stiff and an unforgiving suspension with a rear-end that is locked and ready to have you facing 180 degrees of your intended direction at a moments notice due to over ambitious throttle usage, in real life, well then, that is how I want my car to drive in GT6 when I am cruising around. I can always set it up for GT6 focused purposes, so I can compete in Seasonal Events or whatever, in a different tab.

I've written in responses somewhere in this thread that I know your tunes aren't for the faint of heart. I know in a lot of cases they aren't going to provide me with the fastest lap times. That's okay. Again, I'm looking to drive a car in Gran Turismo and hopefully experience, somewhat, what it is like to drive a similar car in real life. I think you're 100% when you say that many tuners set up their cars to the point where they all feel exactly the same way. I say it to myself all the time. "Why even bother having 500 different cars if they all feel exactly the same way?!" When I apply your tune, I am confident that you are providing me with the instructions to set up my vehicle as close to the real life version as GT6 will allow. That is exactly what I want out of this game -- realism.

Please, keep doing what you are doing. You have no idea how impressive it is to read one of your tunes and learn so much about a car, based on your notes and descriptions of the car provided in you tune information. And thank you sharing your thoughts on a car damage/degradation system. I think it is vital that GT7 includes at least some of what you posted or they will lose even more customers to the other available driving games/sims out there.

Great sentiments ALB, I have to agree with you on many points. I like yourself spend a fair bit of time in R's garage also.

R, it's irrelevent if you are not as popular as some tuners out there. Those who want cookie cutter tunes can eat themselves full of the same ol same old. You add character and realism to these cars which enhances those of us' experience of GT in bring us closer to what the true experience is. We may not be the largest fan base out there but you can garauntee that we are some of the most appreciative and happy drivers / racers out there. Put it this way, it's only when its not in your garage that I look elsewhere for a tune and then it's off to Praiano or Exeter GT for me.

Great sentiments ALB, I have to agree with you on many points. I like yourself spend a fair bit of time in R's garage also.

R, it's irrelevent if you are not as popular as some tuners out there. Those who want cookie cutter tunes can eat themselves full of the same ol same old. You add character and realism to these cars which enhances those of us' experience of GT in bring us closer to what the true experience is. We may not be the largest fan base out there but you can garauntee that we are some of the most appreciative and happy drivers / racers out there. Put it this way, it's only when its not in your garage that I look elsewhere for a tune and then it's off to Praiano or Exeter GT for me.

Thank you guys for the great support :P I enjoy driving, tuning and racing in GT6 by having the most realistic experience possible, even when I only have stick controller :lol: I am posting the Mazda RX8 and Focus ST BTCC-8 now, will take time as I have to write some notes and adding pictures :P

Thank you guys for the great support :P I enjoy driving, tuning and racing in GT6 by having the most realistic experience possible, even when I only have stick controller :lol: I am posting the Mazda RX8 and Focus ST BTCC-8 now, will take time as I have to write some notes and adding pictures :P

All good R, I have no problems expressing gratitude when someone is deserving. Hopefully you are aware that your work is appreciated and anticipated by guys like Pete05, Danbotje, ALB and myself. Can't wait to hear your thoughts once you hook up a wheel if you ever get the chance. GT will become a whole new game for you.

Hey Orido,

"A Legend Reborn"

When you'll find the time, will you do this? Please! Please! :D

PS: I've watched the replay. Yes, it's very well replicated. :) 👍

oooh ooooh ooooooh maybe the Amuse s2000 GT1 as well if you can stretch the love out a lil further! :dopey: :D:bowdown:

All good R, I have no problems expressing gratitude when someone is deserving. Hopefully you are aware that your work is appreciated and anticipated by guys like Pete05, Danbotje, ALB and myself. Can't wait to hear your thoughts once you hook up a wheel if you ever get the chance. GT will become a whole new game for you.

oooh ooooh ooooooh maybe the Amuse s2000 GT1 as well if you can stretch the love out a lil further! :dopey: :D:bowdown:
Yes, you're right. I told him already about the wheel, but... :grumpy: :P :)

MAZDA RX-8 Type S '07 EIBACH / Best Motoring + 2004 & 2011

Tuned to replicate Mazda RX-8 Laguna Seca Time Attack Best Motoring
Motoharu Kurosawa "Gan-San" Lap Record

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_33.jpg

CAR : Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
Tire : Comfort Medium

Specs - Curb Weight
Horsepower: 247 HP at 8500 RPM
Torque : 161.7 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.4%
Weight: 1379 kg
Ballast : 69 kg
Ballast Position : -11
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 as the real car spec when tested ( closer to 51/49 )
Performance Points: 424

Specs - Lowest Curb Weight JP Spec
Horsepower: 247 HP at 8500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.4%
Weight: 1310 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 428

Specs -Optional- US 2004 Model Year Spec
Horsepower: 238 HP at 9100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 96.1%
Weight: 1379 kg
Ballast : 69 kg
Ballast Position : -11
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 420

Specs -Optional- US 2011 Model Year ( Sport/GT/R3 )
Horsepower: 232 HP at 8000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 93.7%
Weight: 1391 kg
Ballast : 81 kg
Ballast Position : -30
Weight Distribution : 52 / 48 as the real car spec based on US brochure.
Performance Points: 417

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Sunlight Silver Metallic ( same as tested by Motoharu Kurosawa )

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_45.jpg

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft ( the real car has one from factory )

Suspension - EIBACH PRO-Street-S Height Adjustable Coilover Kit 300/250 Spring Set with Bump Stop ( FRONT 1"-3" / 25mm-102mm & REAR 0"-2.5" / 0mm-64mm Drop Range)
Street/Track Sports Alignment Range
Stock Ride Height + Aggressive Track Alignment for Time Attack

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 140 140
Spring Rate: 5.36 4.47
Dampers (Compression): 4 7
Dampers (Extension): 3 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 2
Camber Angle: 2.0 1.5 ( Front camber : -0.45 +- 1.00, Rear Camber : -1.44+-1.00 )
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.16 ( Front Toe In : 0.11 +- 0.21, Rear Toe In : 0.16 +- 0.20 )

Suspension - EIBACH PRO-Street-S Height Adjustable Coilover Kit 300/250 Spring Set with Bump Stop ( FRONT 1"-3" / 25mm-102mm & REAR 0"-2.5" / 0mm-64mm Drop Range)
Street/Track Sports Alignment Range
Stock Ride Height + Street Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 140 140
Spring Rate: 5.36 4.47
Dampers (Compression): 4 7
Dampers (Extension): 3 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 2
Camber Angle: 0.5 1.5 ( Front camber : -0.45 +- 1.00, Rear Camber : -1.44+-1.00 )
Toe Angle: 0.11 0.16 ( Front Toe In : 0.11 +- 0.21, Rear Toe In : 0.16 +- 0.20 )

OPTIONAL Factory Street Alignment for Standard Suspension :
Front
Camber : -0.40 +- 1.0
Total Toe In : 0.11 +- 0.21

Rear
Camber : -0.56 +- 1.0
Total Toe In : 0.16 +- 0.20

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_21.jpg

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - US Spec 2004 Model Year Type S 6 Speed Manual
OPTIONAL - Used on Pre Production RX8 at the Time Attack driven by Motoharu Kurosawa

Set Default
Set Final to 4.444
Set Auto Max Speed at 310kmh / 193mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.760
2nd 2.269
3rd 1.645
4th 1.187
5th 1.000
6th 0.843
Set Final :4.444

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - US Spec Type S 6 Speed Manual - OPTIONAL
2011 Model Year US Spec RX8 ( Sport / GT / R3 )

Set Default
Set Final to 4.444
Set Auto Max Speed at 310kmh / 193mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.815
2nd 2.269
3rd 1.536
4th 1.177
5th 1.000
6th 0.787
Set Final :4.777

LSD - Mazda Super LSD ( TORSEN Conical LSD )-BASE 2:1 TBR with 49 Nm Initial Torque

Initial Torque : 13
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 13

LSD - Mazda Super LSD ( TORSEN Conical LSD ) - OLD Original Version / OPTIONAL

Initial Torque : 22
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Brake Balance:
5/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/6, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Mazda RX8 is the successor to the famous RX7 line of FR sports car. With new RENESIS engine and NA only, the RX8 offers great balance chassis, good power delivery with styling that never gets old.

The RX8 in this replica is based on official power of 247HP SAE ( JP spec 250PS ) or 240 HP DIN / US and 1379kg curb weight without driver. Weight distribution at 50/50, closer to 51/49 based on corner weight, so I have put ballast position to reflect this. I have also added 2011 US Spec Power and weight + distribution - the last model year, the 6 speed ratio for the 2011 US model has also been included.

As the stock real car spring rate is way too low, it's not possible to replicate in GT6 :grumpy: Stock spring rate :

Front : 27N/mm or 154lbs/in
Rear : 19N/mm or 109lbs/in

I then decided to use EIBACH PRO Street S Height Adjustable Coilover Kit with Bump Stop. The Kit offers large range of height adjustments, the front can drop up to 3 inch/102mm and rear up to 2.5 inch/64mm. The spring rate are : front 52 N/mm or 300 lbs/in and rear 44 N/mm or 250lbs/in. The spring rate offers excellent balance for track and street, providing good response on low speed corners with the optimized medium damper and stiff ARB. The alignment used is based on MAZDASPEED Sports Suspension Package Alignment Range. I have setup aggressive camber at the front to allow better handling around Laguna Seca. An optional Street Aligment setup has also been provided, this offers better balance for cruising and high speed curve spirited driving.

Gearing is stock and the same as in real life ( JP spec ), while LSD has been tuned to reflect real life Mazda Super LSD installed on Type S 6 Speed Manual. The LSD provides good response and traction on comfort medium ( stock factory tire : Dunlop SP Sport 8090 91W Rated ). The 6 Speed Manual ratio differs on 3rd gear between JP and US 2004 Type S, the 3rd gear for JP is 1.539, while for US is 1.645. As this is JP spec replica as a base, I included the US spec 2004 + 2011 gearing as optional - the Time Attack run by Motoharu Kurosawa uses US Pre Production spec RX8 with JP spec engine + 2004 US spec gear ratio, shift up to 3rd from 2nd red line will bring engine at 7K RPM.

The RX8 was mainly tested and tuned at Tsukuba, Red Bull Ring, Streets of Willow and Laguna Seca. The main aim is to replicate Motoharu Kurosawa lap record during Best Motoring Time Attack at 1:50.70s. The Eibach Pro S RX8 is capable of 1:48s on CM tire ( 1st lap ) - using aggressive track alignment and curb weight spec + gear ratio/stock ratio :D I have included a replay of the run and a video of the real life lap - inboard cam with digital speedo shown. Watch the replay and compare the speeds around corners and straights :P

If you want closest to the Pre-Production RX8 used on the Best Motoring Time Attack in 2003, use the curb weight spec (247HP/1379kg/50:50) or the OPTIONAL 2004 Model Year US Spec ( 238HP/1379kg ) + 2004 US Gear Ratio.

Motoharu Kurosawa "Gan San" Best Motoring Laguna Seca Time Attack - Mazda RX8

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_43.jpg

UPDATE July 2016 : Added LSD, the Mazda RX8 uses Super LSD ( Torsen conical type with initial torque ), TBR 2:1 and 49 Nm initial torque. The Super LSD also used on Miata starting in 2003 replacing the old Torsen Type II, this Super LSD is still in use even on the new Miata ND

Attachments

• MazdaRX81m48sLagunaSecazip.zip
    381.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Amuse GT1 ? Turbo ? I'll do it, but not sure when I can get it done.

I have posted the Mazda RX8 replica, it's fairly complex post, read it carefully, the notes explains everything. Took a while to write them up.

That Mazda RX8 Replica looks interesting. I want to start expanding my stable of 400-450PP cars, because I have so few, so I think that looks like a good model to go buy today. I haven't played GT6 in three days (just login to keep my bonus alive) and I'm feeling like I have the itch today...

I can't wait to drive that 512BB when Ridox finally has time to post it. He keeps describing how tricky it is to drive. He even put an "Expert" label on the tune. How exciting does that sound? :D:tup:

Amuse GT1 ? Turbo ? I'll do it, but not sure when I can get it done.

I have posted the Mazda RX8 replica, it's fairly complex post, read it carefully, the notes explains everything. Took a while to write them up.

Sorry, yes the Turbo! I have a nice tune for that already but I would love to try this thing as it should feel ie a Ridox Replica special! :D

Yes, you're right. I told him already about the wheel, but... :grumpy: :P :)

We may have to take up a collection to get him a DFGT off ebay or something 💡

FORD Focus ST 2013 BTCC-8 Touring Car

Special Build of Focus ST '13
GTPlanet BTCC-8 SCANIABEBE / Humberside Racing Team
Special Base Line Tune

Special Stage Route X_7.jpg

Tire : Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 305 HP at 6400 RPM
Torque : 362.3 ft-lb at 4400 RPM
Power Limiter at : 61.9%
Weight: 1360 kg
Ballast : 162 kg
Ballast Position : 41
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 as per rule of GTP BTCC-8
Performance Points: 468

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) - MANDATORY for the BTCC-8
Wheels : +1 Inch Up - Free choice ( only +1 inch allowed ) - RAYS TE37SL used in Java Green or Bright Metallic Green
Car Paint : Java Green

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Adjustable LSD
Triple Plate Clutch
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Fortune Auto Dreadnought Pro Gen 5 Series 3 Way Racing Coilover Kit - Custom Rear Spring Rate
Base Alignment Setup

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 70 70
Spring Rate: 12.00 15.00
Dampers (Compression): 4 3
Dampers (Extension): 5 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 7 ( Optional front ARB at 7 for better response/tighter )
Camber Angle: 0.2 1.2 ( Front camber : -1.30 +- 0.30, Rear Camber : -2.00+-0.00 )
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.00 ( Front Toe In : 0.10 +- 0.15, Rear Toe In : 0.16 +- 0.56 )

Suspension - Fortune Auto Dreadnought Pro Gen 5 Series 3 Way Racing Coilover Kit - Custom Rear Spring Rate
Optimum Camber Alignment Setup

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.3 2.0 ( Front camber : -1.30 +- 0.30, Rear Camber : -2.00+-0.00 )
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.00 ( Front Toe In : 0.10 +- 0.15, Rear Toe In : 0.16 +- 0.56 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - XTRAC 416 Sequential Gear Ratio with Custom Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.070
Set Auto Max Speed at 250kmh / 155mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
Set Final :4.200 - Close ratio for Laguna Seca, adjust final for higher speed track.

Special Stage Route X_6.jpg

LSD - Ford Racing 1.5 Way LSD - Base 45% Lock

Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 10

OPTIONAL Aggressive Lock for High Speed Track
Acceleration Sensitivity: 33

OPTIONAL Low Lock for Loose Handling for Low Speed/Twisty Track

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

A base setup made upon request by @Scaniabebe for his team ( Humberside Racing ) competing at BTCC-8 GTP League.

The rules were all power parts except NOS, set limiter to 305HP, 1360kg, 50/50 weight distribution, improve body rigidity, oil change and Sports Soft tire. At the time, I have built the Fortune Auto Dreadnought Pro 5 Focus ST, so I made a simple base tune without accessing GT6. The early suspension + lsd and gear ratio were tested by the team owner and was proven to be good. I tested the tune when I had the chance to play and the posted tune above is what was built. The base setup was tested online by Scaniabebe at Laguna Seca, and it was capable of 1:33s online lap on SS tire ( top tier time ) using his own gearing ( secret :lol: ). I hope the rotation when using optional low lock loose LSD, won't caught you off guard and spins out :lol:

Last edited:
FORD Focus ST 2013 BTCC-8 Touring Car

Special Build of Focus ST '13
GTPlanet BTCC-8 SCANIABEBE / Humberside Racing Team
Special Base Line Tune

Tire : Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 305 HP at 6400 RPM
Torque : 362.3 ft-lb at 4400 RPM
Power Limiter at : 61.9%
Weight: 1360 kg
Ballast : 162 kg
Ballast Position : 41
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 as per rule of GTP BTCC-8
Performance Points: 468

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) - MANDATORY for the BTCC-8
Wheels : +1 Inch Up - Free choice ( only +1 inch allowed ) in Java Green
Car Paint : Java Green

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Adjustable LSD
Triple Plate Clutch
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Fortune Auto Dreadnought Pro 5 Series Racing Coilover Kit - Custom Rear Spring Rate
Base Alignment Setup

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.2 1.2 ( Front camber : -1.30 +- 0.30, Rear Camber : -2.00+-0.00 )

Suspension - Fortune Auto Dreadnought Pro 5 Series Racing Coilover Kit - Custom Rear Spring Rate
Optimum Camber Alignment Setup

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.3 2.0 ( Front camber : -1.30 +- 0.30, Rear Camber : -2.00+-0.00 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - XTRAC 416 Sequential Gear Ratio with Custom Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.070
Set Auto Max Speed at 250kmh / 155mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
Set Final :4.200 - Close ratio for Laguna Seca, adjust final for higher speed track.

LSD - Ford Racing 1.5 Way LSD - Base 45% Lock

Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 10

OPTIONAL Aggressive Lock for High Speed Track
Acceleration Sensitivity: 33

OPTIONAL Low Lock for Loose Handling for Low Speed/Twisty Track

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

A base setup made upon request by @Scaniabebe for his team ( Humberside Racing ) competing at BTCC-8 GTP League.

The rules were all power parts except NOS, set limiter to 305HP, 1360kg, 50/50 weight distribution, improve body rigidity, oil change and Sports Soft tire. At the time, I have built the Fortune Auto Dreadnought Pro 5 Focus ST, so I made a simple base tune without accessing GT6. The early suspension + lsd and gear ratio were tested by the team owner and was proven to be good. I tested the tune when I had the chance to play and the posted tune above it what was built. The base setup was tested online by Scaniabebe at Laguna Seca, and it was capable of 1:33s lap on SS tire ( top tier time ) using his own gearing ( secret :lol: ). I hope the rotation when using optional low lock loose LSD, won't caught you off guard and spins out :lol:

Love that colour scheme, Focus look's superbadassmclovinit

That Mazda RX8 Replica looks interesting. I want to start expanding my stable of 400-450PP cars, because I have so few, so I think that looks like a good model to go buy today. I haven't played GT6 in three days (just login to keep my bonus alive) and I'm feeling like I have the itch today...

I can't wait to drive that 512BB when Ridox finally has time to post it. He keeps describing how tricky it is to drive. He even put an "Expert" label on the tune. How exciting does that sound? :D:tup:

I highly recommend to use 247HP or 238HP/1379kg/50:50 and aggressive track alignment + US 2004 gearing ( shorter 3rd gear ), very enjoyable at Tsukuba, Streets of Willow and Laguna Seca. Spent countless laps on those tracks :D

The Ferrari 512BB is expert as it's quite challenging to drive on the limit back in the day when the stock tire were not as high tech like now, just like the real car, the car tend to understeer when nearing the limit, when you go over it, :scared: be ready for the worst.

Sorry, yes the Turbo! I have a nice tune for that already but I would love to try this thing as it should feel ie a Ridox Replica special! :D

We may have to take up a collection to get him a DFGT off ebay or something 💡

I may need to do further research on the car, and see what I can do.

:lol: I have doubts there is a money problem there. :sly:

Not really the problem, but I have 3 or 5 games that I wanted to get, and getting steering wheel is not possible now, I have no space for it anyway when playing, and I have a dog that love to run around all day :lol:

Hi Ridox,

I just wanted to say a big thankyou for all your work & effort in building so many real world replicas.
They may not be the fastest around the track but that's not your goal is it. As close to the real car as possible is what you're about. That's what keeps me coming back for more.

Thanks again & keep up the good work :cheers:

Is it a mistake? :odd: :P
Oops, yeah, my bad, should be RAYS TE37SL, fixed.
Hi Ridox,

I just wanted to say a big thankyou for all your work & effort in building so many real world replicas.
They may not be the fastest around the track but that's not your goal is it. As close to the real car as possible is what you're about. That's what keeps me coming back for more.

Glad to be of service ;) It's mainly a hobby of mine, and the main reason I bought GT6 :P

Checking the Grand Sport 1996, interesting car.

Hi Ridox,

Bingo Pete!

Back