RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Hey Ridox... OK...so I was looking really fwd to this tune. So ... I eat...then fall asleep on the couch...so here I am 1:30am working on this tune. First impression for me was that I was really loose. I just couldn't get this car to settle down how I like it. Tranny set up was nice...just being able to change up the final year is sweet. On Tsukuba I had to push up the final gear a bit more to 4.650 & 4.75. The LSD I had to go in the opposite direction. I am using stick...maybe for wheel it works but for me I just couldn't manage. So using your tranny and bring setting the LSD @ 7/12/10 with a little more down force.. I was back in business. Managed to take off a sec and now in the mid 55's.

I haven't been able to get to Nordschleife yet. However will report back when I have some numbers laid down.

I am thinking that what ever comes of the sets up(s) on this car it will be safe to say we're the only ones testing this car and posting data, especially this extensively...

. Even with GT5 there was not much on this car...same with GT6....well not much I could find anyway.....

Cheers.

LSD setup is largely influenced by driving style and in some degree input method :) Glad you find LSD setup that works for you. For me, I prefer higher initial to make the car more consistent/stable at the expense of tightness in handling - this is where driving style comes in :D

Did you use the suspension setup I posted ? The Amuse R34 GTR still needs a lot of work, maybe I will spend more time on it, once I finished the cars that are currently under progress - I will install body rigidity to improve stability.

LSD setup is largely influenced by driving style and in some degree input method :) Glad you find LSD setup that works for you. For me, I prefer higher initial to make the car more consistent/stable at the expense of tightness in handling - this is where driving style comes in :D

Did you use the suspension setup I posted ? The Amuse R34 GTR still needs a lot of work, maybe I will spend more time on it, once I finished the cars that are currently under progress - I will install body rigidity to improve stability.

Wow the replies are messing up,..seems to be adding info I didn't reply to....weird...OK...so yes I tried your suspension but just couldn't get the combo to work for me...very loose. All I could manage was in the 57's to be honest. Reverted back to my suspension and tweaked my LSD ...used your tranny. I am going back to your suspension... However will input my LSD and see what happens. Do you use a wheel?? I use stick...so I wonder if that could be making a difference here...

Please do work on this car more and see what you come up with.. I will be more than happy to try is and give you my data from my perspective... Not sure if I am helping or hindering lol

I see what your accomplishing with the higher initial torque...I could feel both wheels spinning at the same time vs the lower settings where it seems to jump from side to side...however with the lower initial torque I just feel like I can jump on the fuel a little faster at corner exit.

BTW I was wondering if your set up had rigidity installed...now I know :)

Wow the replies are messing up,..seems to be adding info I didn't reply to....weird...OK...so yes I tried your suspension but just couldn't get the combo to work for me...very loose. All I could manage was in the 57's to be honest. Reverted back to my suspension and tweaked my LSD ...used your tranny. I am going back to your suspension... However will input my LSD and see what happens. Do you use a wheel?? I use stick...so I wonder if that could be making a difference here...

Please do work on this car more and see what you come up with.. I will be more than happy to try is and give you my data from my perspective... Not sure if I am helping or hindering lol

I see what your accomplishing with the higher initial torque...I could feel both wheels spinning at the same time vs the lower settings where it seems to jump from side to side...however with the lower initial torque I just feel like I can jump on the fuel a little faster at corner exit.

BTW I was wondering if your set up had rigidity installed...now I know :)

The set up i posted has no body rigidity installed yet :) I use stick, a DS2 to be precise :)

I will make a thorough replica of the Amuse R34 GTR, it will be as close possible to real life version :P I might also make 550PP version for racing on sports tire. But it may take a week or two, as I have so many cars still not posted yet :lol: Got Ferraris, Lotus, Ford and McLaren in the works, so little time, so many cars :lol:

Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 GT3 Base Model Max Power
( NO Flat Floor ver. )

Tuned to replicate Aston Martin Vantage GT3 Base Model version
Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_57.jpg

CAR : Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
Tire : Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 602 HP at 6400 RPM
Torque: 510.6 ft-lb at 6200 RPM
Power Limiter at : 87.9%
Weight: 1355 kg
Ballast : 10 kg
Ballast Position : -30
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 as close it can get to near 50/50 real life spec.
Performance Points: 564

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED in this build ) - MANDATORY-
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type B
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Type A
Height +3 and Width +21
Wheels : Standard Size - ENKEI RS05RR in Dark Silver
Car Paint : White ( Solid )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Custom Coilover Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 68 68
Spring Rate: 20.00 20.00
Dampers (Compression): 6 5
Dampers (Extension): 6 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( 0.00 all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - XTRAC 416 Sequential 6 Speed
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.250
Set Auto Max Speed to 240kmh / 149mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
Final Gear : 3.000

LSD - 2 Way High Preload
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 20

AERO
Rear = 20 (MAX)

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_59.jpg

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 4/5 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 replica faces similar situation like the Jaguar G3, overweight at 1300+kg. The build in this version has no flat floor.

I used Aston Martin official GT3 power at 600+HP and 700+Nm torque. The closest I can get to the torque is 511 ft-lb or 693Nm.

The car uses AP Twin Plate Clutch and XTrac 6 speed sequential gearbox with limited slip ramp/plate differential. Dry weight 1250kg with near 50/50 distribution.

For suspension I used 20kg/mm spring all around, with damper and ARB tuned to keep the rear as stable as possible.

LSD uses high preload as usual to maintain traction with medium locking rate.

Gearing comes from XTrac 416 ratios as I couldn't find information on the gearbox model or ratios of the real car.

With no flat floor, the car can be loose at times, care should be taken on medium and low speed sweeper and corners.

I tuned and tested at Silverstone GP, Tsukuba, Bathurst and Nurburgring GP/F.

This replica is still an evolving process, there will be tweaks here and there, any feedback is welcomed.
ENJOY :cheers:

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_58.jpg

Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Vspec II Nur '02 Paul Walker Fast and Furious Replica
Tuned to replicate Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
featured in Fast and Furious driven by Paul Walker
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_17.jpg

CAR : Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Vspec II Nur '02
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 543 HP / 550 PS at 5700 RPM
Torque: 543.7 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.2%
Weight: 1500 kg
Ballast : 112 kg
Ballast Position : -26
Weight Distribution : 57 / 43 as in real life spec.
Performance Points: 548

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED in this build ) - MANDATORY- - real car has custom roll cage.
Aero Kits Type A
Wheels : +1 Inch Up RAYS RE30 in Dark Silver
Car Paint : Bay Side Blue (M) from standard car R34 GTR '99

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_12.jpg

Suspension -NISMO R Tune Coilover Damper Kit Road & Track Real World Setup
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 95 85 ( to replicate real car ride height both in function from coilover and visually )
Spring Rate: 9.00 8.00
Dampers (Compression): 3 4
Dampers (Extension): 3 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 1
Camber Angle: 0.8 1.2 ( real life range 0.8+-0.75 front, 1.25+-0.50 rear )
Toe Angle: 0.12 0.24 ( real life total toe in 2mm front, toe in 4mm rear )

If wanted more loose handling/rotation, try this too :
Alternative Toe Angle ( Loose )
Toe Angle: 0.06 0.12 or 0.00 0.06 or 0.00 0.00

AERO
Rear = 80 (MAX)

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_13.jpg

Brake Balance:
5/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/6, for ABS 1 6/8 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend 2 click higher at the rear

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

I have always been a fan of Nissan Skyline and Paul Walker from his Fast and Furious movies.

This replica is dedicated to the late Paul Walker, a replication of his ride in Fast and Furious 4th installment.

For paint job, the Bay Side Blue from R34 premium Nur is not correct, to get the correct one, buy standard car R34 GTR '99 in Bay Side Blue, this has the correct/accurate shade. The paint chip will be listed above the premium Bay Side Blue, both has the same name in the paint shop.

The real car has extensive modification, with 543HP from custom turbo, intercooler, ECU, exhaust ( NISMO NE1 Weldina ) etc. The car also have some weight reduction, with rear seat delete and removal on unnecessary bits and pieces mainly behind the front seats. Custom roll cage has also be installed. NISMO Coilover also has been installed in the real car and lowered to improve handling.

I used NISMO R Tune Coilover Kit with 9k/8k spring rate, incorporating real life alignment ( camber and toe ). Damper has been tuned for road and track with neutral balance in mind.

The rest are stock ( LSD, Torque Split and Transmission ) as in in real life specs.

I tuned and tested this R34 on many tracks - Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP, Silverstone GP, Bathurst, Ascari, Nurburgring GP/F, Nordschleife, Apricot Hill, Willow Springs.

The R34 is very fun to drive on comfort soft, hope it will do the same to everyone :D

Some pictures from the car during early stage of building :

The real car :

kgrhqfp8fc31kh2l5bq2fc5bsqw_27.jpg
maxi_tuning_Fast_and_Furious4_6bis.jpg
kgrhqrpqfcpqqymw6bq2fczgqng_27.jpg
kgrhqziwfcgfqzpsbq2fwicidg_27.jpg
kgrhqroifcpor3cm0bq2fzbemsq_27.jpg
kgrhqnhjfyfdrl-qnvgbq2fng3lw_27.jpg
kgrhqnqufcwe22eecbq2fvurb_27.jpg

UPDATE : Correction to camber and toe values

ANOTHER UPDATE : Added additional toe angle for even more rotation if desired.
Added notes about correct Bay Side Blue paint from R34 GTR '99 standard car.

The correct Bay Side Blue paint :

Gran Turismo Arena (Layout A)_9.jpg

UPDATE May 2017 : Updated the damper, mainly front compression and extension to improve high/medium speed balance even base alignment toe. For even more rotation, use alternative lower toe.
Tested at Big Willow, able to go aggressive with throttle on uphill/downhill halfway of the track.

Last edited:
The set up i posted has no body rigidity installed yet :) I use stick, a DS2 to be precise :)

I will make a thorough replica of the Amuse R34 GTR, it will be as close possible to real life version :P I might also make 550PP version for racing on sports tire. But it may take a week or two, as I have so many cars still not posted yet :lol: Got Ferraris, Lotus, Ford and McLaren in the works, so little time, so many cars :lol:

So a wired controller?? Interesting. Some say its more accurate and instant...others say that there is no negligible difference.... How do you find a it?

Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Vspec II Nur '02 Paul Walker Fast and Furious Replica
Tuned to replicate Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
featured in Fast and Furious driven by Paul Walker
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Vspec II Nur '02
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 543 HP / 550 PS at 5700 RPM
Torque: 543.7 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.2%
Weight: 1500 kg
Ballast : 112 kg
Ballast Position : -26
Weight Distribution : 57 / 43 as in real life spec.
Performance Points: 548

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED in this build ) - MANDATORY- - real car has custom roll cage.
Aero Kits Type A
Wheels : +1 Inch Up RAYS RE30 in Dark Silver
Car Paint : Bay Side Blue (M)

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension -NISMO R Tune Coilover Damper Kit Road & Track Real World Setup
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 95 85 ( to replicate real car ride height both in function from coilover and visually )
Spring Rate: 9.00 8.00
Dampers (Compression): 7 4
Dampers (Extension): 7 6
Camber Angle: 0.5 1.1 ( real life range 0.5+-0.45 front, 1.15+-0.30 rear )
Toe Angle: 0.13 0.26 ( real life toe in 2mm front, toe in 4mm rear )

AERO
Rear = 80 (MAX)

Brake Balance:
6/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/6, for ABS 1 6/8 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend 2 click higher at the rear

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

I have always been a fan of Nissan Skyline and Paul Walker from his Fast and Furious movies.

This replica is dedicated to the late Paul Walker, a replication of his ride in Fast and Furious 4th installment.

The real car has extensive modification, with 543HP from custom turbo, intercooler, ECU, exhaust ( NISMO NE1 Weldina ) etc. The car also have some weight reduction, with rear seat delete and removal on unnecessary bits and pieces mainly behind the front seats. Custom roll cage has also be installed. NISMO Coilover also has been installed in the real car and lowered to improve handling.

I used NISMO R Tune Coilover Kit with 9k/8k spring rate, incorporating real life alignment ( camber and toe ). Damper has been tuned for road and track with neutral balance in mind.

The rest are stock ( LSD, Torque Split and Transmission ) as in in real life specs.

I tuned and tested this R34 on many tracks - Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP, Silverstone GP, Bathurst, Ascari, Nurburgring GP/F, Nordschleife, Apricot Hill, Willow Springs.

The R34 is very fun to drive on comfort soft, hope it will do the same to everyone :D

Some pictures from the car during early stage of building :

The real car :

Not to be picky but doesn't this version have NoS?

So a wired controller?? Interesting. Some say its more accurate and instant...others say that there is no negligible difference.... How do you find a it?

DS2 is the best for GT5 and 6 on PS3 :D, the analog stick has more resistance, more durable. The face buttons - cross, square, circle and triangle has more range and accuracy. The face buttons requires at least 3 times more pressure to register 100% input, imagine pressing RADAR MAP button on ace combat 5 in PS2, that requires a lot of pressure to get to full Zoom in.

Now imagine pressing brake or gas with such pressure to get 100%. With the DS2, I can drive with no ABS and high BB with accuracy and ease like using pedals. DS3 will never compete with DS2 :lol:

Not to be picky but doesn't this version have NoS?

Only in the movies, the real car never have NOS installed, the pictures of the real car above is the one on sale after Paul Walker's death. You can see the trunk houses audio system, the rear seat removed and a roll cage installed, the engine bay only have low mount turbo and FMIC installed. No NOS :D, of course if you want it like in the movie, put a NOS in there :P

DS2 is the best for GT5 and 6 on PS3 :D, the analog stick has more resistance, more durable. The face buttons - cross, square, circle and triangle has more range and accuracy. The face buttons requires at least 3 times more pressure to register 100% input, imagine pressing RADAR MAP button on ace combat 5 in PS2, that requires a lot of pressure to get to full Zoom in.

Now imagine pressing brake or gas with such pressure to get 100%. With the DS2, I can drive with no ABS and high BB with accuracy and ease like using pedals. DS3 will never compete with DS2 :lol:

Only in the movies, the real car never have NOS installed, the pictures of the real car above is the one on sale after Paul Walker's death. You can see the trunk houses audio system, the rear seat removed and a roll cage installed, the engine bay only have low mount turbo and FMIC installed. No NOS :D, of course if you want it like in the movie, put a NOS in there :P

I know it would be more work for you but too bad we couldn't replicate the audio systems :)

and thanks for the insight on the controller.. I am going to try that for sure

I know it would be more work for you but too bad we couldn't replicate the audio systems :)

and thanks for the insight on the controller.. I am going to try that for sure

Am I the only who thinks that a big audio system in a sports car is (almost) useless? I mean, that thing adds weight, and all of you know the famous quote "simplify and add lightness" :lol:

The rear seat was deleted to make up for the added weight from the stereo :lol: :) The real car has lightweight custom made hood, NISMO NE1 Weldina lightweight full dual catback exhaust, OMP lightweight race seats for both driver and passenger, I approximate 40kg saving over 1540kg = 1500kg.

The stereo and roll cage were also used to add more weight at the rear :P, which is why I used 57/43 distribution, the real R34 in stock weight form or modified with turbo + intercooler without weight savings, usually has close to 58/42 to 60/40 distribution.

( NO Flat Floor ver. )

Specs
Performance Points: 564

GT AUTO
Oil change
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Type A
Height +3 and Width +21
Car Paint : White ( Solid )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 20.00 20.00
Dampers (Compression): 6 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.250
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
Final Gear : 3.000

LSD - 2 Way High Preload

AERO
Rear = 20 (MAX)

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 4/5 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 replica faces similar situation like the Jaguar G3, overweight at 1300+kg. The build in this version has no flat floor.

I used Aston Martin official GT3 power at 600+HP and 700+Nm torque. The closest I can get to the torque is 511 ft-lb or 693Nm.

The car uses AP Twin Plate Clutch and XTrac 6 speed sequential gearbox with limited slip ramp/plate differential. Dry weight 1250kg with near 50/50 distribution.

For suspension I used 20kg/mm spring all around, with damper and ARB tuned to keep the rear as stable as possible.

Gearing comes from XTrac 416 ratios as I couldn't find information on the gearbox model or ratios of the real car.

With no flat floor, the car can be loose at times, care should be taken on medium and low speed sweeper and corners.

This replica is still an evolving process, there will be tweaks here and there, any feedback is welcomed.

ia, Group GT3 Series, RH, Camber used, ABS 0 (3/2) - Winner!

Precisely tuned to tame this huge power. If I like this one, I'm pretty sure I'll love the Flat Floor version. :)

I hope PD will give us, someday, a lighter version too; it's so shame that the weight can't be lowered more. :irked:

Wonderful Sport Car! It makes my day just looking at it. :) I'll accept it as a birthday gift. :D :lol:

Well done, again! 👍

Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87
James Bond For Your Eyes Only Replica ( Real World Setup )

Tuned to replicate Lotus Esprit Turbo James Bond
featured in For Your Eyes Only driven by Roger Moore
Comfort Hard to Sports Medium

Tsukuba Circuit_100.jpg

CAR : Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87
Tire : Comfort Hard to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 210 HP at 5800 RPM
Torque: 219.8 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.2%
Weight: 1220 kg
Ballast : 170 kg
Ballast Position : 38
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life spec.
Performance Points: 418

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED in this build )
Wheels : Standard Size or +1 Inch Up - BBS RS painted in Saddle Tan ( from Chevrolet Corvette Coupe C2 '63 )
Car Paint : Hot Lava ( from Scion FR-S '12 )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction

Tsukuba Circuit_102.jpg

Suspension - EIBACH Springs and Bilstein Damper with Real World Alignment Setup ( 375/275 )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 70 70
Spring Rate: 6.70 4.91
Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 4 3
Camber Angle: 0.7 0.9 ( real life range 0.7+-0.2 front, 0.9+-0.2 rear )
Toe Angle: -0.20 0.47 ( real life toe out 0.20degree+-0.10 front, toe in 0.40degree+-0.07 rear )

LSD - Quaife ATB Helical LSD
Initial Torque : 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Tsukuba Circuit_103.jpg

Brake Balance:
5/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/3, for ABS 1 5/3 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

I built this replica out of interest when a member asked about replicating the James Bond Lotus Esprit Turbo featured in For Your Eyes Only visually :)

I did some research, collecting information on the car, getting suspension, weight, LSD and power figure from various dedicated Lotus site and forums.

First of all, power is at 210HP to replicate 1981 Lotus Esprit Essex Turbo S3 power. Weight is at 1220kg with real life distribution at 42/58, ballast is used to achieve the weight specification.

For suspension, I have collected various information on coilover kits and springs for Lotus Esprit Turbo. I decided to use Eibach Spring set with 375lb/in front and 275lb/in rear, a highly recommended spring rate combo by Lotus workshop for road and track. Most springs for the Lotus Esprit, even the stock one are lower at the rear to give better stability and traction balance.

Damper has been tuned for balance of braking/entry and traction in mid corner to exit. Real world alignment has also been used on both camber and toe. Real life recommended alignment for Esprit up to S4 :
Camber : -0.7+-0.2 front, -0.9+-0.2 rear
Toe Angle : toe out 0.20degree+-0.10 front, toe in 0.40degree+-0.07 rear

For LSD, I used Quaife ATB Helical LSD, replicated with medium preload and locking on acceleration side. This gives distinct behavior like Quaife LSD is famous for :)

I tuned and tested this car mainly at Tsukuba, with only 418PP and comfort soft, it managed 1:08.051 :eek: on test lap. It should be able to post 1:07s, which is quick for such an old car with only suspension and LSD tweaks :D

When driving the Lotus, keep in mind that there's a lot of weight at the rear, steer with throttle on exit, minimize jerking the steering input, being smooth, slow in fast out will result in great lap time. There's a sweet spot when traction limit is reached, when the rear outside started to slip, keep the steering steady, reduce throttle a bit to maintain balance.

The real car :

Lotus_Turbo_Esprit_James_Bond_007.jpg

Last edited:
ia, Group GT3 Series, RH, Camber used, ABS 0 (3/2) - Winner!

Precisely tuned to tame this huge power. If I like this one, I'm pretty sure I'll love the Flat Floor version. :)

I hope PD will give us, someday, a lighter version too; it's so shame that the weight can't be lowered more. :irked:

Wonderful Sport Car! It makes my day just looking at it. :) I'll accept it as a birthday gift. :D :lol:

Well done, again! 👍

Thank you, there will be flat floor version soon. Meanwhile, enjoy the James Bond Lotus Esprit Turbo ( real world setup ) :) Oh, also Happy Birthday :cheers:, the Lotus is the present :P

I will also make a 500PP version of the NSX Type R '92, still using real world setup.

Could you try to make James Bond's Lotus Esprit Turbo?

Thanks!

Sorry for the long wait, done :)

Last edited:
Thank you, there will be flat floor version soon. Meanwhile, enjoy the James Bond Lotus Esprit Turbo ( real world setup ) :) Oh, also Happy Birthday :cheers:, the Lotus is the present :P

I will also make a 500PP version of the NSX Type R '92, still using real world setup.

Sorry for the long wait, done :)
:lol: It's not my birthday yet. It meant to be a joke, saying that I could accept the Aston Martin as a gift IRL, if somebody would give it to me. :D
Anyway, thank you for the Lotus too. :cheers:

:lol: It's not my birthday yet. It meant to be a joke, saying that I could accept the Aston Martin as a gift IRL, if somebody would give it to me. :D
Anyway, thank you for the Lotus too. :cheers:

:lol: You got me :) With the Lotus, you can brake deep in the apex while turning as long as you don't overcooked the front tires, it's stable and very fun to drive, just need steady throttle control on sweepers :D

Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87
James Bond For Your Eyes Only Replica ( Real World Setup )

Tuned to replicate Lotus Esprit Turbo James Bond
featured in For Your Eyes Only driven by Roger Moore
Comfort Hard to Sports Medium

CAR : Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87
Tire : Comfort Hard to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 210 HP at 5800 RPM
Torque: 219.8 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.2%
Weight: 1220 kg
Ballast : 170 kg
Ballast Position : 38
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life spec.
Performance Points: 418

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED in this build )
Wheels : Standard Size or +1 Inch Up - BBS RS painted in Saddle Tan ( from Chevrolet Corvette Coupe C2 '63 )
Car Paint : Hot Lava ( from Scion FR-S '12 )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - EIBACH Springs and Bilstein Damper with Real World Alignment Setup ( 375/275 )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 70 70
Spring Rate: 6.70 4.91
Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 4 3
Camber Angle: 0.7 0.9 ( real life range 0.7+-0.2 front, 0.9+-0.2 rear )
Toe Angle: -0.20 0.47 ( real life toe out 0.20degree+-0.10 front, toe in 0.40degree+-0.07 rear )

LSD - Quaife ATB Helical LSD
Initial Torque : 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Brake Balance:
5/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/3, for ABS 1 5/3 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

I built this replica out of interest when a member asked about replicating the James Bond Lotus Esprit Turbo featured in For Your Eyes Only visually :)

I did some research, collecting information on the car, getting suspension, weight, LSD and power figure from various dedicated Lotus site and forums.

First of all, power is at 210HP to replicate 1981 Lotus Esprit Essex Turbo S3 power. Weight is at 1220kg with real life distribution at 42/58, ballast is used to achieve the weight specification.

For suspension, I have collected various information on coilover kits and springs for Lotus Esprit Turbo. I decided to use Eibach Spring set with 375lb/in front and 275lb/in, a highly recommended spring rate combo by Lotus workshop for road and track. Most springs for the Lotus Esprit, even the stock one are lower at the rear to give better stability and traction balance.

Damper has been tuned for balance of braking/entry and traction in mid corner to exit. Real world alingment has also been used on both camber and toe. Real life factory/recommended alignment for Esprit up to S4 :
Camber : -0.7+-0.2 front, -0.9+-0.2 rear
Toe Angle : toe out 0.20degree+-0.10 front, toe in 0.40degree+-0.07 rear

For LSD, I used Quaife ATB Helical LSD, replicated with medium preload and locking on acceleration side. This gives distinct behavior like Quaife LSD is famous for :)

I tuned and tested this car mainly at Tsukuba, with only 418PP and comfort soft, it managed 1:08.051 :eek: on test lap. It should be able to post 1:07s, which is quick for such an old car with only suspension and LSD tweaks :D

When driving the Lotus, keep in mind that there's a lot of weight at the rear, steer with throttle on exit, minimize jerking the steering input, being smooth, slow in fast out will result in great lap time. There's a sweet spot when traction limit is reached, when the rear outside started to slip, keep the steering steady, reduce throttle a bit to maintain balance.

The real car :

Lotus_Turbo_Esprit_James_Bond_007.jpg

I just watched this movie mid week lol

( Flat Floor ver. )

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_37.jpg

Specs
Performance Points: 592

GT AUTO
Oil change
Aero Kits Type A
Flat Floors Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Type A
Height +3 and Width +21
Car Paint : White ( Solid ) or Chrome GT Japanese 002-C

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 20.00 21.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.00

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.250
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
Final Gear : 3.220

LSD - 2 Way High Preload

AERO
Rear = 20 (MAX)

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_35.jpg

Brake Balance:

Notes :

The Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 replica faces similar situation like the Jaguar G3, overweight at 1300+kg. The build in this version has flat floor.

For suspension I increased rear spring rate to 21kg/mm and ARB changed to maintain steering response with the new aero.

Gearing comes from XTrac 416 ratios as I couldn't find information on the gearbox model or ratios of the real car. Final gear is higher compared to the no flat floor version to maintain good acceleration at high speed.

With flat floor, the car may be a bit tight to turn, but the stability has immensely improved.

OK. So The best I could manage to squeeze on my set up with your Tranny was 55.3xx. So after trying fl squeeze every ounce on mine I switched back over to your suspension again, however I kept my LSD and wing settings. With your suspension I managed to squeeze another 4/10ths. I am now into the high 54.8xx on Tsukuba

My LSD: 7/12/8
Downforce: 150
Final gear: 4.750

I am now comfortable to run Nordschleife. .I will keep you posted of course

Cheers

Forgot... RH tires

( Flat Floor ver. )

Specs
Performance Points: 592

GT AUTO
Oil change
Aero Kits Type A
Flat Floors Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Type A
Height +3 and Width +21
Car Paint : White ( Solid ) or Chrome GT Japanese 002-C

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 20.00 21.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.00

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.250
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
Final Gear : 3.220

LSD - 2 Way High Preload

AERO
Rear = 20 (MAX)

Brake Balance:

Notes :

The Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 replica faces similar situation like the Jaguar G3, overweight at 1300+kg. The build in this version has flat floor.

For suspension I increased rear spring rate to 21kg/mm and ARB changed to maintain steering response with the new aero.

Gearing comes from XTrac 416 ratios as I couldn't find information on the gearbox model or ratios of the real car. Final gear is higher compared to the no flat floor version to maintain good acceleration at high speed.

With flat floor, the car may be a bit tight to turn, but the stability has immensely improved.

Looks like one to have some fun with...so many tunes...so little time ;) its 5am here been up since 3:30 testing lol...not sure what time it is where you're at but it looks like we have the same crazy sleeping habits...like no sleep lol

Back