RiMS Racing First Gameplay Images and Video

Why cant we have car games with this deep level of enthusiast customization? I dont mean the solely cosmetic superficial customization from need for speed, RiMS gets so detailed even down to lubricants... I really wish GT was that mechanically detailed, but I know it will never be.

Why cant we have car games with this deep level of enthusiast customization? I dont mean the solely cosmetic superficial customization from need for speed, RiMS gets so detailed even down to lubricants... I really wish GT was that mechanically detailed, but I know it will never be.

I'm not gonna take much from the video in terms of what the final game will offer. They're promising depth which is great but let's see how deep we can actually go.

That said, if it is deeper and offers more, the sacrifice is very clear. The game has 8 bikes. Would we be haply if Gran Turismo allowed us to change tiny components and things like brake fluid if what we got in return was just 8 cars to do it with?

Last edited:
We already have ride 4 with over 200 bikes, much better than this boring game with a lousy 8 bikes lol.
Ride's track list is also really, really good. Been playing through it and still constantly being presented with new circuits.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca (USA)
Okayama International Circuit (Japan)
Imatra (Finland)
Oulton Park Circuit (UK)
Donington Park Circuit (UK)
Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari Imola (Italy)
Brands Hatch Circuit (UK)
Cadwell Park Circuit (UK)
Autódromo Internacional do Algarve (Portugal)
French Riviera (France)
Macau (Macau)
Southern 100 (Isle of Man)
Tsukuba (Japan)
Suzuka (Japan)
Nürburgring GP-Strecke (Germany)
Nurburgring Nordschleife (Germany)
Sportland Sugo (Japan)
Northwest 200 (Northern Ireland)
Mugello (Italy)
Autodromo Nazionale Di Monza (Italy)
Phillip Island (Australia)
Canadian Tyre Motorsport Park (Canada)
Road America (USA)
Virginia International Raceway (USA)
Interlagos (Brazil)
Kanto (Japan)
Utah International (USA)
Snetterton (UK)
Circuit De Nevers Magny-Cours (France)
Road Atlanta (USA)
Kyalami (SA)
Daytona (USA)

and probably others which have been added post launch, like the Ulster GP

Last edited:
How many people will enjoy this? I think the 0.001%. It seems not fun and most important how to perceive the different in two lubricants???

This thread confuses me, do people not want game companies to try new things? Granted I obviously have no idea if this game will be actually good or not, but I love that a company is investing in a product that truly offers something you can't get elsewhere. Even if it winds up like Supercar Street Challenge from the PS2 era (great concept but terrible execution) I'm happy to see a company making a racing game that offers more than just "X" amount of cars/bikes and tracks as their main selling point.

This thread confuses me, do people not want game companies to try new things? Granted I obviously have no idea if this game will be actually good or not, but I love that a company is investing in a product that truly offers something you can't get elsewhere. Even if it winds up like Supercar Street Challenge from the PS2 era (great concept but terrible execution) I'm happy to see a company making a racing game that offers more than just "X" amount of cars/bikes and tracks as their main selling point.

Fair point and question. I am being very wait and see about this, but the lack of bikes doesn't bother me so much. After all, the bike is the weapon, the race is the goal. Very curious how this works out, the amount of adjustments that can be made to a superbike IRL and how they affect everything is a bit mind boggling, I want to see what they come up with and how they work it into the game, although I think this fluids thing is a bit much. It might be the closest thing to a proper bike "sim" anyone's come up with to date. Or it might be an overcomplicated mess. Who knows?

Back