Rinoseat - What Happened??

• Thread starter mchye2
  • 672 comments
Hi All,

I heard from Renato this morning. He apologised for the gap in commmunication and assures me my order is in hand.

"About your order.
I acknowledge the validity of your order !
We've already sent your Rinoseat to the Croatian Customs.
It is part of our last delivery and it will be realise in next few days.
I will inform you.

Sorry for the interruption in the last few weeks but we've had to clear list of delivered/received and undelivered/unreceived shipments.
The problem was that we've had to wait for a response from the post company 2-8 weeks.

Sorry for any inconvenience but you do not need to worry for your shipment !"

So, I am now relieved and looking forward to my next update. Thank you Renato, I can't wait to take delivery :)👍

"Thank you Renato" *Sarcasm?!?

my order has been late for over than 10 weeks and all I get is a template email response.

really can't recomend this to anyone...just stay away from this company

EDIT: Progress has been made! Renato apologized for the lack of communication and was very sorry that my shipment had gone missing the second time. Since it's more expensive to track the shipments he had sent it without the first time. So now I have a new tracking link and hopefully the missing parts will arrive soonish. :dopey: (edit: parts arrived!)

Just registered to give some feedback on my Rinoseat GTR purchase.

My original post at ISR.

Copy:
I wonder if there's anything I could do in order to escalate Rino Industries lack of progress.

The whole timeline:
April 28th: the first inquiry for a quote
April 30th: response from Renato and promised shipping/delivery date on May 8th
May 2nd: made the payment upfront
May 3rd: response "We will continue with processing of your order"
May 12th: inquiry whether they have sent my order and if they have a tracking number for me.
May 14th: response, tracking number received, should be activated in the next few days.
May 24th: inquiry, tracking number not yet activated
May 24th: response and promise to check it, ETA "next week"
June 5th: inquiry, ETA was not met
June 10th: irritated response from Renato regarding my post on ISR that the shipping is taking so long...
June 10th: My reply explaining my reasons (long mail)
June 22nd: Inquiry, tracking link is still not activated
June 25th: response, be patient "it can take 30 working days"
June 26th: my reply: "it has already been over 30 working days?"...
June 27th: response, "yes we already made reclamation and prepare the replacement shipment"
July 2nd: As the original shipment was nowhere to be found I got a new tracking number and this time the tracking number was activated as promised.
July 10th: shipment has arrived to customs
July 13th -- the shipment finally arrived, unfortunately some shipping damage to packaking and missing parts... -- was pleased to see Renato responding the same day to my reclamation promising to send new replacements.
July 20th: Inquiry sent -- no response
July 25th: Inquiry sent -- no response
July 29th: Inquiry sent wondering if they have reacted to the missing parts claim.
July 30th: response -- "we have sent the replacement parts last week" and they informed that the next 14 days they would be on vacation.
August 17th: Inquiry sent to support@rinoseat -- no response
August 24th: Inquiry sent to support@rino.hr -- no response
August 28th: a response from Renato, again the shipment had gone missing and they sent a new one now with a tracking link. He said this is more expensive for him to do but he was forced as I was being unreasonable.
September 5th 28th: Missing parts have arrived!

So it took awhile but I was finally able to put the rig together at last. Now that diffuculties are in past I guess it was worth it :D

Last edited:
Bought my RinoSeat beginning of July. Renato was 'very' responsive to pre-sales questions and sending out an invoice. Once he had my money, he practically vanished. He hasn't given me a tracking number (been two months since he said he shipped it at this point). Then of course the whole debacle of him relocating his company out of Croatia hits and quite literally, nothing, no updates, no replies, his website is nearly gone save his brief notice of no new orders, etc. The comical part of all this is that my previous computer chair broke just after I ordered my Rinoseat, so I thought I had the last laugh, expecting to receive my Rinoseat imminently; yet still I wait. I take some comfort in that it seems all the orders from other people complaining about long shipping times were eventually fulfilled, but this is new territory since we're talking about a potential overhaul and relocation of the company structure. Will I get my Rinoseat soon? Was it even shipped? Should I just buy another chair? These are the questions I ponder while I sit on the floor looking up at my monitor, neck crinked, back aching... It's truly not even about the money, it's the inability to comfortably use my computer in the interim, not even knowing if my $500 vaporized in a puff of 3rd world shenanigans. I just want answers so I can move on... Not knowing is the worst.

Thank you Renato for instantly replying by email to my critical public forum posting. I appreciate your words of reassurance that my order has indeed shipped and hope that your future promise of finally rendering a tracking number holds true. I am a patient person and I knew when I purchased this chair that I was in for a wait, but I wasn't prepared for non-responsiveness, nor the lack of a tracking number. Perhaps I'm a spoiled American in this regard, but I'll tell you that my anxiety level is considerably higher when nobody replies to emails and the months continue to roll on with no idea if a delivery is even coming.

I understand from your email that another company will be producing Rinoseats going forward. I'm not certain if this implies you are no longer in a position of responsibility for Rinoseats and some clarity in this regard would be helpful; perhaps another contact email address if so.

Ultimately Renato, I think I can speak for all of us here, you've created a hell of a product, simple yet genius in design, and all of us that are waiting for delivery are foaming at the mouth in anticipation. I believe you've been overwhelmed by the demand for your masterpiece and couldn't surmount the logistics issues that plague your business as a whole; very sad, but understandable. This however does not justify dropping off the face of the Earth; that's really not fair to us, your customers...nay, your fans. All I ask is is for you to complete your final orders with a reasonable amount of due diligence and communications so that we are not left wondering what's going on. I know you've had some difficult customers to deal with and probably have had enough of their **** (I can barely stand to read their asinine illiterate posts myself, idiots) but the majority of us are just patiently waiting so please find the time to address our queries.

Thanks

Ho hum, happy times, the three rods that had slipped out of the main shipment have arrived! Now my rig is complete and I'm worry free. Hopefully everyone else still waiting will get their orders fulfilled.

May 1st : I made payment through Western Union
May 3rd : Renato confirms the payment and will continue with processing of your order
May 14th : After a week I ask Renato for an update
May 15th : Renato gave me the tracking number and he said it will be active in a few days
May 30th : I ask Renato why does my tracking number still not active
May 31st : Renato will check my shipment on friday

No update on friday as if Renato just gone.

July 6th : A friend mine of told me that his tracking number has been activated (we live in the same city and ordered almost at the same time)
And so I emailed Renato asking whats wrong with my tracking number.
July 9th : Renato said that there was some error in distribution and we have sent again.

Already frustrated at this stage ~_~"

July 12th : My friend got his package from Renato
July 13th : I asked Renato what happen to my order.
July 13th : Renato replied "We are sending the replacement"

Wait wut?!? I thought you've already sent it on the 9th?!?

July 17th : I asked Renato for an update on my order
July 19th : Renato replied "We have sent you. I will be back in Croatia on Friday"

And this is the time where he's gone for a month and surfaced with the new email and website

Augustus 21st : Again I asked for an update
Augustus 21st : Getting a template email saying that my order has been delivered and will be realised in next few days

No update after that.

I'm guessing everybody that ordered on May already got their order except for me. Mine must have mixed up somewhere in this distribution error.

Please resolve this

Man, I was lucky mine was shipped out insanely quick. A couple of words to those who are still waiting on theirs: It is absolutely fantastic. I've had the chance to play with a Playseat Evo, the Playseat GT and a couple of locally made cockpits and none of them could hold a candle to the Rinoseat GTR's stability, despite weighting much, much more. The seat itself is also terrific. Bucket seat looks, leather seat comfort. It is well worth the wait guys!

According to our information, all orders have been shipped. If this is not the case then we will find a solution together with Renato. Of course we will also try to help anybody with quality issues on his Rhinoseat GTR although we do not have any legal responsibility to do so.

According to our information, all orders have been shipped. If this is not the case then we will find a solution together with Renato. Of course we will also try to help anybody with quality issues on his Rhinoseat GTR although we do not have any legal responsibility to do so.

Why would there be quality issues with the Rinoseat GTR?

Last edited:
I never heard of any but I just wanted to let people know that they not left behind because we took over this product.

Apparently Renato sold his design to Fanatec in an unexpected turn of events. I wonder what will happen to existing orders?

http://f-wheel.com/news/new-fanatec-product-csl-seat

We stopped with any orders in July 2012 (we guarantee for all orders until then). Our existing customers can contact us on support@rino.hr (only in related to a guarantee given on the product).

We did not have the capabilities for mass production and quality of delivery, so we decided to get this job to the best company in the world of sim racing hardware. So, the new producer and seller is only Fanatec.

Now, we continue to work on developing new products exclusively for the Fanatec and under the Fanatec brand name. They have enabled us ideal conditions for the development of future products.

The old&former Rinoseat Team.

Very good news for racing community, sad news for Croatia.

As I allready wrote many times on this topic great seat, very light, max stability, many options in every aspect of adjusting. No competition in that price range, best buy for sure.

@Fanatec: It is former Rinoseat :sly:

We stopped with any orders in July 2012 (we guarantee for all orders until then). Our existing customers can contact us on support@rino.hr (only in related to a guarantee given on the product).

We did not have the capabilities for mass production and quality of delivery, so we decided to get this job to the best company in the world of sim racing hardware. So, the new producer and seller is only Fanatec.

Now, we continue to work on developing new products exclusively for the Fanatec and under the Fanatec brand name. They have enabled us ideal conditions for the development of future products.

The old&former Rinoseat Team.

Seems to me like a win-win situation. Customers, Fanatec and you and your team. Best of luck. 👍

8289956864_425e00cf2a.jpg

And yet my Rinoseat/CSL still no where to be seen

8288903339_cb7b50e953.jpg

This is great news, always liked this design. I see good things for Fanatec and Renato and customers as they will get new designs and quality.

I just got my CSL seat from Fanatec yesterday. Took a while to assemble but it's quite amazing compared to my previous rig (wood chair infront of a cheap school desk). My only complaint is that "flaps" on the side of the bucket seat squeeze my shoulders a bit, but it's still quite comfortable if I hunch forward a bit. I'm considering making some plastic extensions to the tubes where top piece of the seat is attached.

Overall though I'm happy as can be :D

oh wow somebody already get their hand on the new CSL seat and I'm still waiting for my Rinoseats I ordered from May 2012.

got no response from support@rino.hr (i guess this email already dead)

Yodhe .. why don't u try contacting Fanatec directly and ask them to honor Renato's promise .. ? If not get your money back and buy one from Fanatec, that way you will save money ..

better yet, go for GS-4 :dunce:

Yodhe .. why don't u try contacting Fanatec directly and ask them to honor Renato's promise .. ? If not get your money back and buy one from Fanatec, that way you will save money ..

better yet, go for GS-4 :dunce:

Yes Neo, i have been contacted by Thomas recently. I would be happy if they offer me a Refund, but Renato never gets back to me.

you know I cant afford a GS-4 lol! It took me 5 month of saving just to get Rinoseat AAAAND IT'S GONE

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: your order - Rinoseat

Hi

We will send you a new cockpit.
There was some kind of issues with shipment in Frankfurt, Germany (with few shipments).
The postal company does not want to return the money, but agrees to re-send at no charge.

We didn't work a few days. See
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-910481
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-910176
We are not prepared for such snow (so much).
On Sunday we expect temperature about 9 Celsius and the issues with snow will be a past (now is -6 Celsius).
The weather is pretty strange.

Regards,
Renato

BULL****!!!

my rinoseat was in the post office since 10/15/2012 3:34:00 PM and not moved since.

I asked for it again 10 days ago

To: Rinoseat Support
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: your order - Rinoseat

Hi Renato,

I'm getting this from my Tracking Number.

1/9/2013 7:33:00 AM CROATIA 10004 ZAGREB CARINA Record item customs information
Retention reason : Other

What does that mean?

Regards,

Hi Dhedhemit,

My order date 24/05/2012, and already at that time, large shipping issues existed.
M RENATO explanations have never convinced me
We have the same tracking, Mr RENATO mocks us. I think that we will never get our order.

IPS Support

ITEM n° CP001227540HR new search
Local Date and Time Country Location Event Type Extra Information
10/15/2012 3:34:00 PM CROATIA 10124 Zagreb * Receive item from customer
10/15/2012 5:02:00 PM CROATIA 10124 Zagreb * Send item to domestic location
10/15/2012 6:37:00 PM CROATIA 10708 Zagreb NK Receive item at location
10/15/2012 11:21:00 PM CROATIA 10708 Zagreb NK Send item to domestic location
10/16/2012 8:47:00 AM CROATIA ZAGREB 10003 PI Receive item at office of exchange (Otb)
10/16/2012 10:50:00 AM CROATIA ZAGREB 10003 PI Insert item into bag
12/28/2012 9:03:00 AM CROATIA ZAGREB 10003 PI Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)
12/28/2012 9:50:00 AM CROATIA ZAGREB 10003 PI Send items to domestic location_1
12/28/2012 10:42:00 AM CROATIA 10004 ZAGREB CARINA Send item to customs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009 © Postal Technology Centre
www.ptc.upu.int

Hi Dhedhemit,

My order date 24/05/2012, and already at that time, large shipping issues existed.
M RENATO explanations have never convinced me
We have the same tracking, Mr RENATO mocks us. I think that we will never get our order.

IPS Support

ITEM n° CP001227540HR new search
Local Date and Time Country Location Event Type Extra Information
10/15/2012 3:34:00 PM CROATIA 10124 Zagreb * Receive item from customer
10/15/2012 5:02:00 PM CROATIA 10124 Zagreb * Send item to domestic location
10/15/2012 6:37:00 PM CROATIA 10708 Zagreb NK Receive item at location
10/15/2012 11:21:00 PM CROATIA 10708 Zagreb NK Send item to domestic location
10/16/2012 8:47:00 AM CROATIA ZAGREB 10003 PI Receive item at office of exchange (Otb)
10/16/2012 10:50:00 AM CROATIA ZAGREB 10003 PI Insert item into bag
12/28/2012 9:03:00 AM CROATIA ZAGREB 10003 PI Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)
12/28/2012 9:50:00 AM CROATIA ZAGREB 10003 PI Send items to domestic location_1
12/28/2012 10:42:00 AM CROATIA 10004 ZAGREB CARINA Send item to customs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009 © Postal Technology Centre
www.ptc.upu.int

Wait wut?!? how come its the same tracking?!?

Since Rinoseat now owned by Fanatec and obviously Renato working for Fanatec too, Isn't it Fanatec supposed to be responsible for this chaos?

Thomas never gets back to me, I m guessing Fanatec wont do us any favour. Shame on you Fanatec.

6 months since my last post, giving Renato all the room for error imaginable. I ordered in June 2012, and still have nothing. Apparently he tried to ship it, sent me a tracking number and all, and never left Croatia because of packaging issues. He promised to resend, and I haven't gotten a response in a few weeks. I'm so fed up of this that I'm breaking my silence. Renato, I want my money back!

Latest Posts

Back