Rumors once, now confirmed (possible spoiler for next update)

I was just being honest, Fallout 76 may be the worst AAA title ever

Fallout 76, based on virtually every review aggregate out there, is an awful game. So it makes sense that it was on sale only 3 months after its launch.

GT Sport, on those very same aggregate sites, has considerably better reviews. Not a “grand slam,” but overall a good game, again, judging purely by reviews. Yet, it also was on sale only 3 months after launch.

Clearly, this is a terrible metric by which to judge a game, especially a game that’s backed by a platform developer that won’t live or die by units sold.

So honestly, your entire position is nonsense.

What point is everyone trying to make with this sales figures argument? Sure GT's price was slashed after a relatively short period. It probably still shifted more full price copies than PC2. There are plenty of reasons to like either/both games.

Fallout 76, based on virtually every review aggregate out there, is an awful game. So it makes sense that it was on sale only 3 months after its launch.

GT Sport, on those very same aggregate sites, has considerably better reviews. Not a “grand slam,” but overall a good game, again, judging purely by reviews. Yet, it also was on sale only 3 months after launch.

Clearly, this is a terrible metric by which to judge a game, especially a game that’s backed by a platform developer that won’t live or die by units sold.

So honestly, your entire position is nonsense.

So judging a games sales by the low price it was being sold at 3 months after launch is nonsense? Really? Do you actually believe GTS sold a lot before that? I'll put my left nut on that 5% of sales were made in the first 3 months and since it was on sale on the PS Store about 2-3% paid full price for it.

Review aggregates aren't any way to judge a game either, I'd sooner judge them by facts like PS trophies which give a clear indication of what percentage of players have actually played a game (in GT Sport's case its 13% that have driven only 2500 miles) a pathetic statistic, no?

So you were saying something about nonsense.... :lol:

So judging a games sales by the low price it was being sold at 3 months after launch is nonsense? Really? Do you actually believe GTS sold a lot before that? I'll put my left nut on that 5% of sales were made in the first 3 months and since it was on sale on the PS Store about 2-3% paid full price for it.

Review aggregates aren't any way to judge a game either, I'd sooner judge them by facts like PS trophies which give a clear indication of what percentage of players have actually played a game (in GT Sport's case its 13% that have driven only 2500 miles) a pathetic statistic, no?

So you were saying something about nonsense.... :lol:
In the first week GTS sold nearly 1 milion copies what are you talking about...and ok the game dropped in price pretty fast but that helped the game to keep the momentum,there are other games that can't sell even after the price drop...

Review aggregates aren't any way to judge a game either

In what universe are user scores and video game reviews not a good metric for game quality?

At this point, you’re making delusional statements to bolster your argument, and it’s sad you can’t tell.

In the first week GTS sold nearly 1 milion copies what are you talking about...and ok the game dropped in price pretty fast but that helped the game to keep the momentum,there are other games that can't sell even after the price drop...

It was also bundled with consoles in the run up to Xmas 2017. And can you post a link to that 1m figure?

In what universe are user scores and video game reviews not a good metric for game quality?

At this point, you’re making delusional statements to bolster your argument, and it’s sad you can’t tell.

User scores :lol: on the Internet :lol:

Yeah I'll stick to the actual facts that 13% of players to this day haven't even bothered to do 2500 miles in an over year and a half old game

Last edited by a moderator:
PC2 doesn't fare much better, at least on PS4. Only 22% have completed 1 career season. Iirc the first season can be completed by driving a total of 9 laps.

Well I'd guess that number would be boosted quite a lot if it included online players. Seriously though PC2 is multi platform its stats will be way higher anyway.

User scores :lol: on the Internet :lol:

Yeah I'll stick to the actual facts that 13% of players to this day haven't even bothered to do 2500 miles in an over year and a half old game

And only 8% of GT5 players drove 7900 miles!! And that game has been out for a decade!

Dude, know when to throw in the towel, lol...

The 11% that have completed one online race?

It's more likely that those stats would be similar across all platforms.

You said 22% had completed a career season, I said that would be boosted by the online only players in terms of playing PC2. Idk what you're trying to say, it still considerably more that GTS

And only 8% of GT5 players drove 7900 miles!! And that game has been out for a decade!

Dude, know when to throw in the towel, lol...

And you're still defending this series when others are way ahead :lol:

You were talking about a towel?

Ever heard the phrase"when you're in a hole, stop digging"?

And you're still defending this series when others are way ahead :lol:

You were talking about a towel?

That’s my whole position though, bro. Every single argument you’ve resorted to, I’ve so easily debunked by facts that take me about 5 minutes to research.

The amount I care about you not liking GT Sport is infinitely approaching zero. But anything other than constructive criticism is just “blathering on,” which is what I accused you of doing about 5 hours ago, and you won’t stop.

So, I’m blessed with the opportunity to make you look dumber and dumber by the moment, and I quite like doing it.

That’s my whole position though, bro. Every single argument you’ve resorted to, I’ve so easily debunked by facts that take me about 5 minutes to research.

The amount I care about you not liking GT Sport is infinitely approaching zero. But anything other than constructive criticism is just “blathering on,” which is what I accused you of doing about 5 hours ago, and you won’t stop.

So, I’m blessed with the opportunity to make you look dumber and dumber by the moment, and I quite like doing it.

You've been talking nothing but bollocks since you first tried to get my attention with a **** insult :lol:

Your "debunking" has done little but debunk yourself as proven by this cluster**** of a post I'm replying to, which I find mildly amusing btw especially the blessed and dumber parts at the end :lol: really, too much sugar is bad for you.

And finally if you don't care about my opinion then stop replying with your nonsense

You said 22% had completed a career season, I said that would be boosted by the online only players in terms of playing PC2. Idk what you're trying to say, it still considerably more that GTS
Boosted by online only players? Only 11% have completed even one online race. I think it's safe to assume far fewer have reached 10 online races. Those types of figures aren't gonna provide much of a boost.

It's normal for sim racing games to have those types of figures. They require a bit of dedication to get past the initial learning curve. Many give up early and move on. Only 37% have driven 300km in AC (PS4).

And finally if you don't care about my opinion then stop replying with your nonsense

To reiterate, I do not care about your opinion. I care about the statements you are using to bolster it.

Let’s recap; Trophy data is not on your side. Market data, is not on your side. Sales figures, also, not on your side.

If you do not like this game, that’s fine. But GT Sport is a success in every measurable way, both compared to previous franchise entries and also the racing genre itself. So if you want to critique something about it, critique it in valid, subjective ways. Heck, maybe some people will even agree with you.

Boosted by online only players? Only 11% have completed even one online race. I think it's safe to assume far fewer have reached 10 online races. Those types of figures aren't gonna provide much of a boost.

It's normal for sim racing games to have those types of figures. They require a bit of dedication to get past the initial learning curve. Many give up early and move on. Only 37% have driven 300km in AC (PS4).

Well PC2 is a sim and GTS isn't so the learning curve in GT is kinda low.

Not saying that you should love this game or don't critisize this gane or anything.

But if and only if the only thing you say here in this subforum is negative (As in repeating the typical moaning that irrelevant to the topic in hand. Oh and dont forget call entire GT fans "defenders". Also having double standard to other series on their respective sub of what they would call here as "defenders". ) then I have a right to be suspicious about said person.

I'm tired replying directly so just enjoy this reply that's still relevant even >4 years later.

Now stop this very off topic thing, please.

Last edited:
To reiterate, I do not care about your opinion. I care about the statements you are using to bolster it.

Let’s recap; Trophy data is not on your side. Market data, is not on your side. Sales figures, also, not on your side.

If you do not like this game, that’s fine. But GT Sport is a success in every measurable way, both compared to previous franchise entries and also the racing genre itself. So if you want to critique something about it, critique it in valid, subjective ways. Heck, maybe some people will even agree with you.

Isn't my opinions and my statements the exact same thing?

Not saying that you should love this game or don't critisize this gane or anything.

But if the only and only thing you say here in this subforum is negative (while at the same time "defending" or always adoring other series in respective subforum) then I have a right to be suspicious about said person.

I'm tired replying directly so just enjoy this reply that's still relevant even >4 years later.

Suspicious? In case someone is Ian Bell or whoever Turn 10's main man is? You continue Columbo let us know what ya find :lol:

But if and only if the only thing you say here in this subforum is negative (while at the same time "defending" or always adoring other series in respective subforum) then I have a right to be suspicious about said person.

Oh ok now i understand, better to ignore him :lol:

Latest Posts

Back