Rumors once, now confirmed (possible spoiler for next update)

Now I just wonder if all time conditions will have a rain setting or if rain is a separate condition with its own pre-set time of day. I need Tokyo Expressway at night in the rain.

n2kc466uu0j.gif

I'd like to have SSR5 (first GRAN TURISMO wet track - GT3) merged with SSR7 (the real and only WANGAN type track of GRAN TURISMO) ....

IR

VBR
Thanks to the guys who leaked this. PD are such a closed studio, so it's nice to get information on GT Sport any which way we can.

👍

So you support flagrantly violating a NDA (from said closed studio that barely gives info) just for ANY info, even if said violation makes it even less likely for the general public to get ANY info.

Do you not see the Irony or the insanity here?

Simply put if PD wanted a secret kept they could do it very easily, they are masters of silence, they know exactly what will happen releasing “sensitive” information to not just the general public but Gran Turismo fans.

Nice one PD ;).

(They will not be disappointed that this stone dropped in puddle is causing ripples)
I guess PD needs to start firing/disqualifying people and never bothered to be contacted again then.
If they wanted to release public info they would be doing in Twitter with their official profile or some pro that got the ok (or even some sponsored driver).

Even some cryptic/sneak preview would have been fine but no i guess no.

I speak as someone who can easily get fired for these kind of acts. It is also called professionalism.
(And no i don't work for PD or know anything about what's to come)

Wow!

Players getting all pissy because of a videogame leak. (Be it true or not).

Grow up, lol.

Anyway, I'd love it if it is true though. But I'm good enough at rain racing mostly. Definitely would bring me back for a spell and if it's followed by Spa further down the line, even more good news. We'll see.

(*edited for spelling mishaps)

Last edited:
I guess PD needs to start firing/disqualifying people and never bothered to be contacted again then.
If they wanted to release public info they would be doing in Twitter with their official profile or some pro that got the ok (or even some sponsored driver).

I speak as someone who can easily get fired for these kind of acts. It is also called professionalism.

A gentleman's agreement of please keep this a secret does not qualify as an NDA

55662D10-C2C8-4CAC-8160-18386E12700D.jpeg

Like I said if PD wanted to keep this quiet they would and could have.

Wow!

Grow up, lol.

Anyway, I'd live it if it is true though. But I'm good enough at rain racing mostly. Definitely would bring me back for a spell and if it's followed by Spa further down the line, even more good news. We'll see.
I'm not pissy lol but the sad reality in these years is that now anything is leaked and it's tiresome.
Not just Gran Turismo.
A gentleman's agreement of please keep this a secret does not qualify as an NDA

View attachment 827695

Like I said if PD wanted to keep this quiet they would and could have.

Again i'm just saying from experience and work.

Wow!

Grow up, lol.

Anyway, I'd live it if it is true though. But I'm good enough at rain racing mostly. Definitely would bring me back for a spell and if it's followed by Spa further down the line, even more good news. We'll see.
You must be not knowing how basically all businesses work.

It's a public event so somebody between the guests must be ratted out the info. There's a reason why the source is anonymous.

I'm not pissy lol but the sad reality in these years is that now anything is leaked and it's tiresome.
Not just Gran Turismo.

In legal terms, 'Please don't say' is not enough. If no one there had to sign anything, then the person who leaked can just say: 'I read your request. I didn't agree to it though.'

Personally, I wouldn't leak anything as it's a matter of principal, of courtesy to PD. That's just me though.

Not just Gran Turismo.

Yeah, that's modern gaming currently. It's all about the leaks and sneak peeks. Just caught up with the thread, if there was no legal NDA, there's little that can be done and it shows how naive PD were with info if they don't want it shared.

That said, leaks lead to discussion, builds hype. Many here are now speculating how it'll be implimented, what tracks will have it, if it'll compromise the frame rate, potential for snow too.

Personally, I don't mind leaks.
You must be not knowing how basically all businesses work.

It's a public event so somebody between the guests must be ratted out the info. There's a reason why the source is anonymous.

Neither you. Leaks build hype too, and this one has seen me back to playing to build up a little cash for if a new cat comes I want immediately to race/drive in the rain.

I get it can have adverse affects, if a player isn't keen, It'll mean the coming content isn't for them and could put them off too. But we know nothing solid really. PD could impliment it in many ways, with new content too. Anyone put of by a bit of rain coming as a further option to this rather limited game, is being petty.

This game has already appealed to the fans that like to race, leaking new different content can reignite interest in the casual. And any game with MTX is designed for the casual very much too. Sony and PD surely both want business to grow too.

(*again, poor spelling/autospell).

PD likely have levels of secrecy as most organisations do. At the top level is NDA and losing your job, and anyone working on say GT7 etc is likely subject to that.

There is another level of info that is confidential, but it is not 100% watertight, you can tell your friends and family, and drop hints etc which would cover the world tour stuff. PD released this info knowing that, but it is not a top level business secret and not worth the effort to protect. If it was, they would have.

So, basically a gentlemans agreement. If PD are unhappy with immediate leaks on twitter they will just inform the racers of this info later, which gives less time to practice. It is more an issue for competitors than us though. I can understand why Mikail feels someone has let the side down.

Last edited:
I just want the rain to stop, 3 days now it’s not funny it’s supposed to be summer

Personally, I think this was arranged between Kaz and God as a special trailer for this month's update. Which gave me this bizarre picture in my head of Translator-san translating from Japanese to God speak :eek:.

Regarding the leak itself, the Japanese place great importance on honour and respect, and sometimes struggle to work with western values. I've come across this before in work, a handshake is a contract still to many Japanese. A request to not disclose they would regard as being a "NDA" in a sense, based on their values.

More on topic, as much as rain or wet conditions would add interest to the game, most players struggle with it (me included), so it will only appeal to a minority, in my opinion. But hell, anything being added to expand the game after 18 months is a bonus, as far as I'm concerned.

What will the Twitter teaser this month, a blurred out raindrop...? :lol:

I never understood what’s so great about driving in the wet. The cars behave horribly and you don’t see ****.

1) Different racing line (ie, the wet line)
2) Fun for drivers who like oversteer
3) Great practice for car handling and smooth inputs
4) Seen as a testament of one's skill as the greats (Senna, Schumacher, etc.) all excelled at driving in the wet
5) A fun skill divide between drivers who can actually handle their cars and those who can't

Regarding the leak itself, the Japanese place great importance on honour and respect, and sometimes struggle to work with western values. I've come across this before in work, a handshake is a contract still to many Japanese. A request to not disclose they would regard as being a "NDA" in a sense, based on their values.

Yes this shouldn't be ignored, it's also likely a part of why the penalty system does not work, in that they never (properly at least) anticipated just how low some sad person/s would go to try to win. There is no way they thought about the prospect of deliberately doing certain actions to get your opponent a penalty for instance.

On the subject of this leak, for me it's a shame one (or more) of the drivers taking part decided to grab some attention (or whatever they wanted) by leaking it and thus spoiling the live event a little for everyone else. I guess we'll only see how PD feel about this if they exclude someone or change how they do things in the future.

So you support flagrantly violating a NDA (from said closed studio that barely gives info) just for ANY info, even if said violation makes it even less likely for the general public to get ANY info.

As a business owner myself, no I don't support violating an NDA. Although we're starting to learn that it probably wasn't the case and it was only a gentleman's agreement. In any event, yes, out of respect they should have kept their mouths closed. But really....so what?

What confuses me and perplexes me is that this is a game that was released almost 2 years ago. The fact that PD continues to add (free) content is nice. But why even bother to keep future updates a secret? I mean, really, WHO CARES at this point? Let it out, don't let it out. The game has been released. What's the point to keep it a secret? I think it would serve the base better to simply release a general road map of future updates and future content (at least when they're far enough along in development that they're committed to it). Instead we're treated like 8 year olds at Christmas time. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the way they do things.

If Mikail Hizal was also in the know, it would have seemed best that he made no comment about this, instead of tweeting about it.
He's given validation to the rumor, maybe not his intent, His tweet is being used as proof of upcoming rain throughout the thread.

Last edited:
Not just Gran Turismo.

You do know that there's a possibility you're asking kids to be professional. They are kids! Some of them are still students and don't have an actual idea of how a professional working environment or the business works and what kind of impact their actions have.

As a consultant I also know what info can be communicated and what not. It's called being professional, but being professional only happens if you gain experience through the years on the job.

You do know that there's a possibility you're asking kids to be professional. They are kids! Some of them are still students and don't have an actual idea of how a professional working environment or the business works and what kind of impact their actions have.

As a consultant I also know what info can be communicated and what not. It's called being professional, but being professional only happens if you gain experience through the years on the job.

There arent any kids there. All are +18

Honestly, this could work out well for PD in the end. All this talk about whether this or that feature will come to GT is giving a lot of publicity for the game.

On a lot of brazilian simracing websites, for example, it's being reported the rumor about rain possibly coming to the game, which is a feature that a lot asked for.

Obviously if PD asked to remain silent, they didnt want that to leak, but it might not be a massive issue.

I wouldn't mind leaks if they weren't 24/7 shoved as a way to put news.
For people who are at the World Tour, PLEASE make them up some decision for news.
From 2 months in a row of PD leaking their car/track list in their site to constantly having their surprises in World Tour spoiled.

Well nothing much to add in that discussion other than guessing if it's just rain plus new track etc

No, I don't see any irony there. All I see is an unfounded assumption.

Last edited:
...BTW if all this is ture, I see a reason why all this went this way. Imagine how people reacted when 1.39 was officially released with no additional cars. Most of the community forgot this all is free (not to start debate about how game didn't have content, all of you went out and bought it and didn't refund), so there must be a reason why all this was teased unofficially...

Back