Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO (PS4/XB1/PC) - Milestone

Discussion in 'Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO' started by The Stig Farmer, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

It's better than WRC5, but still a bit of a mixed bag.

torque99 likes this.
  2. ScandyFlik

ScandyFlik

Sounds relatively reassuring thanks guys, I'll likely try to find a used copy this weekend
    On another note 7 look like it'll be quite decent

Edit: @Scaff. " um.... Where the hell are our pacenotes..." :lol:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    torque99, Pfei and Scaff like this.
  3. Tomsoft

Tomsoft

Not sure if it's still interesting: In February this year i managed to grab the world record at Rada on PS4. I have the footage on my Twitter page if anybody is interested in seeing it.
    Screenshot_20170914-022714.png

Pfei and Georgeagea like this.
  4. Georgeagea

Georgeagea

Any link mate? @Tomsoft
    Amazing work man!

5. Tomsoft

Tomsoft

I will upload it tomorrow on YouTube, expect some corner cutting, but even without cutting corners, something around 1:50min is possible.

Georgeagea likes this.
  6. Tomsoft

Tomsoft

It's been a while and I had to do other stuff, but I've managed to upload it here:

SlimCharles and Pfei like this.
  7. JR98

JR98 Premium

SLRE is currently heavily discounted on the PS Store. Standard edition is around £6.99 while the Special Edition (which I believe includes all DLC) is around £11.99.

Note these prices are part of the PS Plus Double Discount deal.

Pfei likes this.
  8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles

If anyone is doubting between those versions, get the Special one. The season pass never goes down 9 euros, so just with 3 euros more you get the full game included.

edit: typos

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    MeanElf and Pfei like this.
  9. ColinNZ

ColinNZ

I picked this up a couple of months ago but only started playing it recently. Holy cow, what a great rally game. It took a little while to get into it, and the lack of detail in the pace notes can sometimes be frustrating, but this game is just oodles of fun with a wheel.

10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles

If there was a prize for most underrated rally game, SLRE would be at the top or very close to that.

Georgeagea, Pfei and MrCrynox like this.
  11. Pfei

Pfei

If anyone is interested, my group of racers (we have active DiRT Rally and WRC 7 leagues) is thinking of doing an SLRE league to change things up since we're getting really sick of the DR stages. Since there is no league functionality it will be the honor system. We set one stage of each rally for unlimited practice and tuning. Then start the rally without practicing any of the other stages and send your times in with screenshots. We will probably do power stage points as well. I do writeups of the events . They're in Spanish but you get the gist:

https://simracer.uno/foros/wrc-jueg...rc-7-argentina-ps4-latinoamerica-esports-2018

https://simracer.uno/foros/dirt-ral...rgentina-ps4-latinoamerica-liga-de-dirt-rally

If anyone is interested let me know. We can exchange screen shots with the GTPlanet messaging. If there is enough interest I will go ahead and lay out the rules.

MrCrynox likes this.
  12. Georgeagea

Georgeagea

Is it called Honor because someone might "cheat" and restart a stage many times or practice for it?
    I'm so bad at this game which makes me wanna participate just for fun :lol:

Pfei likes this.
  13. Pfei

Pfei

Correct. The five or six on our end don't have time to practice and we're all pretty rusty after so much DR, WRC, GTS and PC2. We can't stop anyone from practicing in secret so it's all about fun, enjoying a game that we all like but unfortunately has gotten lost amongst the titles that were released after it. I'm going to go ahead and organize it and I'll start a new thread. We have four confirmed and two maybies on our end. A few more from GTPlanet would be great.

Georgeagea likes this.
  14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles

I want to join it... but dunno if I will have the time.

Pfei likes this.
  15. Georgeagea

Georgeagea

Add me on the maybies list if possible. I'd like to get frustrated again and again in this game :lol::banghead:

Pfei likes this.
  16. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

Can I tentatively join ? I'm really into WRC7 at the moment, but Im finding it difficult to play all these games, this generation has so many good driving games amongst many other great games, it's really hard to dedicate decent time to even a few of them.. :(

Georgeagea and Pfei like this.
  17. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

I’d like to participate too, but I’ll have to see. So many things going on in so many games I hope to have time. Plus I guarantee I’ll be way too slow to be competitive.

Pfei likes this.
  18. Pfei

Pfei

cjr3559, MrCrynox and SlimCharles like this.
  19. I have a feeling Milestone will announce a sequel for this in the next 6 months.

SlimCharles and Pfei like this.
  20. SlimCharles

SlimCharles

Please be true.

lancia delta hf likes this.
  21. Pfei

Pfei

That would be awesome. One can hope. Gravel with great FFB, decent graphics, decent sound and 60fps means Milestone could make a really good rally game now all-around.

22. FT-1

FT-1

I can imagine SLRE 2 coming early next year running on Unreal Engine 4 at 60fps. The content in the first game was good, it just needs the presentation of Gravel (though sounds still need improving) to take on the likes of V-Rally and DiRT.

Milestone have to push for a release date before March just in case Codemasters Evo have a DiRT sequel planned around May or so.

23. gladbecker82

gladbecker82

I hope Codemasters works on a new Race Driver tbh.

I would love new SLRE 2, especially since the first one had good tracks and they did a nice job with licensing of vehicles and had a decent variety of tracks.

Milestone does so much right, but the online portion of their games are terrible, which is something they have to address if they wanna dethrone Codemasters in the long run, which is absolutely possible.

They have very good ideas, and they are constantly improving

SlimCharles and FT-1 like this.
  24. SlimCharles

SlimCharles

And polishment. But it's impossible they get near the level of codemasters if they keep insisting on releasing 1342 games per year. Although, in economic terms, that is working very well...

gladbecker82 likes this.
  25. gladbecker82

gladbecker82

Yeah I assume it brings them enough money, especially when they have a monopoly on bike games basically.

Another idea would probably be SL Racing E, with GT and Touring Cars in the mix and what else Loeb did

SlimCharles likes this.
  26. SlimCharles

SlimCharles

That would be very good, indeed.

Loeb has also raced Le Mans...

gladbecker82 likes this.
  27. Maybe it won't be called SLRE though?

SlimCharles likes this.
  28. GTPVenomZombie

GTPVenomZombie

Is anyone still playing? Been quite active on SLRE as of late.

Pfei likes this.
  29. Pfei

Pfei

Yes, we are. Sixth rally info will be posted tomorrow or Wednesday. And we're thinking about another championship after this one, four day rallies and max damage to make it as challenging as possible.

GTPVenomZombie likes this.
  30. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Not sure if this has always been like it but what do you guys think of this >>

2018-11-29 11_03_20-Start.png