Saturday Racing Club! World circuits, FR, 520pp - PRIZES TOO !

  • Thread starter Thread starter XPOWER180
  • 552 comments
  • 28,927 views
/offtopic
I just realized there's something terribly wrong with me. When you said "bumblebee", I was wondering for good few mins what the hell are you talking about and how did you get SuperBee Hemi '71 in your house ;D

By smashing through the wall of course :D

As of now, my official 'hot lap' with the Vette is 1'42.845, hope that is competible. :) Fortunately the gaps here will probably be smaller than in Suzuka.

How about a practice / race in Fuji tomorrow, featuring everyone who is available? My connection is not the fastest possible one, so at least it won't be me who hosts that one. :sly:

EDIT: Holy 🤬 what a session with the CSL. 1'41.115 is the current best time! I'm now in the middle of a big decision - should I use the CSL here, when it clearly appears to be a tough ride, or still spare it? We'll find out...
 
Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't make it this week - I discovered at the last minute that my network settings were incompatible with xpower's.

So a frustrating hour and a half was spent learning all about static IP's and port forwarding and now my connection is Nat 2 and not the restrictive Nat 3 as before. Rather impressed myself with that one, as my ISP was unable to help and despite all the googling, some guesswork was still required.

Still, when I finally got back online xpower and I spent an interesting hour or so powering around Fuji, in preparation for next week.

Driving aids: Let your conscience/talent decide.
Attitude: Have fun, do your best and don't worry about what everyone else is doing.
Result: Good times and good racing.

Or am I being hopelessly naive?
 
Sorry I couldn't make it this week - I discovered at the last minute that my network settings were incompatible with xpower's.

So a frustrating hour and a half was spent learning all about static IP's and port forwarding and now my connection is Nat 2 and not the restrictive Nat 3 as before. Rather impressed myself with that one, as my ISP was unable to help and despite all the googling, some guesswork was still required.

Still, when I finally got back online xpower and I spent an interesting hour or so powering around Fuji, in preparation for next week.

Driving aids: Let your conscience/talent decide.
Attitude: Have fun, do your best and don't worry about what everyone else is doing.
Result: Good times and good racing.

Or am I being hopelessly naive?


Yes, was a shame you couldn't make the race, next weeks will be even more worth it! So next week we're at Fuji guys, it will be 18 laps based on people running around 1:41 or so at the moment.

The following week (Nurburgring GP-F) will be the 1st of our theme weeks! I will offer a choice of British cars of all eras, 60's and 70's American muscle cars and . . . . . BMW'S ! Bare in mind though that if we pick BMW's then should you opt for a model you have already used then it does count as one of your 3 usages.

Anyway, current voteing for the 'controversial' SRF stands at :

FOR :
XPOWER180
Carbonox
SlyckTires

AGAINST :
Vatrox
 
Last edited:
Don't get it, is the "theme week" a different race, or you want to limit cars available for the official league Fuji race?

If it's the second, why ban only Japanese cars? I feel like nothing's gonna stand a chance against the BMW's now :(

Anyway, thank you very much for the Supra, really appreciate that! Gonna prove it's in the right hands now :)
 
Don't get it, is the "theme week" a different race, or you want to limit cars available for the official league Fuji race?

If it's the second, why ban only Japanese cars? I feel like nothing's gonna stand a chance against the BMW's now :(

Anyway, thank you very much for the Supra, really appreciate that! Gonna prove it's in the right hands now :)

He meant the third race at Nürburgring. :)

Just as a suggestion, would X180 put the current point standings in the opening post to make the thread clearer? Thank you. :)
 
I can say that I'm more happy with banning SRF.

FOR:
XPOWER180
Carbonox
SlyckTires

AGAINST:
Vatrox
FishyJuice
 
PSN in my region is still down. I can't join for the race..sorry. Why Sony left us behind ? :banghead:
 
He meant the third race at Nürburgring. :)

Just as a suggestion, would X180 put the current point standings in the opening post to make the thread clearer? Thank you. :)

No problem and i will keep that one updated week by week :)
 
Put the race results in the 2nd post, instead of "any takers for this". That will look good :)
 
Put the race results in the 2nd post, instead of "any takers for this". That will look good :)

A fine idea ! 👍
 
Hi everyone, found out that not only am i going to miss the race, but miss the race by about a hour, i get back at 3pm you see.Ah well cant wait for the time i get to participate.:)
 
Does anyone want to vote on what cars we use for week 3, Nurburgring GP-F ?

I'm changing the prizes. Well, when i say changing, what i actualy mean is i'm ADDING to the prizes! On top of the 3 star prizes i would like to offer a 4th prize. This will be for the most improved driver of the whole series. So if you're currently running low in the points (it's early days, don't worry!) then you may still get a good prize, which will be any premium car valuead at 200,000 credit's or less!
Would be a shame if the other drivers didn't get anything to for 8 weeks of faithful driving ! All of you who complete the full 8 weeks will recieve a premium car worth 150,000 credit's or less, between 7 and 5 weeks a premium car worth 125,000 credits or less and 4 weeks a premium car worth 100,000 credit's or less!

Please bare in mind that that's a lot of prizes to get through so it may take a bit of time for you to recieve your prizes but i promise you will all get them!
 
Last edited:
That sounds cool, especially to me as I'm almost guaranteed to be available on every race day. But I'm still looking forward to being the most improved driver, that's for sure. :sly:

As for Nürburgring, I think using the BMW's against the American muscle cars and British machines would be slightly overkill. If they were prohibited, then we could probably have a more interesting event.
 
I think it should only be American muscle cars and the British cars from the 60's or 70's only and no BMWs and even if the BMWs are allowed Im up for the challenge of finding a car that can compete. I am also for the SRFs mainly traction control. It helps a little when the tires start to get worn down.

I do not know what happened to me on that first race. The first lap I barely touched the grass n spun into a sand trap at the high speed corner before the chicane. That put me in last and then made a couple positions up and then on lap 13 did the same thing!
 
FOR:
XPOWER180
Carbonox
SlyckTires
SinisterClaw

AGAINST:
Vatrox
FishyJuice
 
Guys, i think you're getting a little bit confused about race 3's theme week car list. The offerings are either;

1) British Cars
2) American muscle cars from the 60's and 70's
3) BMW's

Please state what you would prefer and the majority verdict gets it ! I'll start the ball rolling.

Week 3's theme race vote;

XPOWER180; option 1, British cars.
 
I'm voting for British cars
 
Week 3's theme race vote;

XPOWER180; option 1, British cars.
cobrius; option 1, British cars.
SinisterClaw; option 2, 60's and 70's American muscle cars.
 
Last edited:
Oh ok yeah I was confused about the theme week. My vote is 60's n 70's American muscle cars........n will probably be the only one lol
 
FishyJuice lays his vote for British classics. ;)
 
Week 3's theme race vote;

XPOWER180; option 1, British cars.
cobrius; option 1, British cars.
SinisterClaw; option 2, 60's and 70's American muscle cars.
FishyJuice; option 1, British cars.
 
I'll vote for the American cars.

XPOWER180; option 1, British cars.
cobrius; option 1, British cars.
SinisterClaw; option 2, 60's and 70's American muscle cars.
FishyJuice; option 1, British cars.
Carbonox; option 2, 60's and 70's American muscle cars.
 
It should be upto the individual to choose how to set up their cars. Lets go with the majority verdict though but we need to have a majority say by no later than Monday in order to let people have plenty of practice at Fuji with their chosen set ups. 👍

OK, so as you will be aware we have reached the deadline. Monday is over as far as i'm concerned 'cos i'm off to bed in 10 minutes.

FOR:
XPOWER180
Carbonox
SlyckTires
SinisterClaw

AGAINST:
Vatrox
FishyJuice


4 against 2. Majority of votes here is in favour of free use of driving aids. This ruling is now FINAL. No changes will occur from here in. I hope this issue is settled and doesn't become a cloud hanging over what will hopefuly be some great racing!
 
Happy to go with the majority on the theme.
 
Submitting my entry for this Saturdays Fuji race.

XPOWER180; BMW M3 CSL
 
Last edited:
I'll also submit, as I'm happier than ever with my car's performance.

Carbonox; BMW M3 CSL (black)

By the way, could you guys tell some of your best laptimes so I could have a bit of comparison? So far I haven't been able to get even close to my Sunday record (1'41.1) but I'm mainly running with mediums as they could be my choice of tyres again in the upcoming race.
 
Last edited:
For next race (Fuji)

cobrius: Lexus LFA '10 (green)
 
Entries for this Saturdays Fuji race.

XPOWER180; BMW M3 CSL (Hemi Orange)
Carbonox; BMW M3 CSL (Black)
cobrius; Lexus LFA (Green)
 
Hey guys!
Well, don't have good news: found out today that I'll be very busy the upcomming weeks, and only races 5 and 6 will (should) be the ones I'll be available to race. So, I'm ruling myself out of the competition. Maybe I'll see you guys at laguna seca or monza...
Thanks X180, for letting me in and have a taste of what the rest of the series should be. Good luck to all and hopefully you'll have full grids, from now on!
If it wasn't for the PSN outage.....................
 
Aw. Sad to hear, hope you'll be able to re-join, just for having some fun. And I'll do some more testing later, confirming soon. I won't hopefully take as long this time.
 
Back