Saturday Racing Club! World circuits, FR, 520pp - PRIZES TOO !

  • Thread starter Thread starter XPOWER180
  • 552 comments
  • 28,931 views
4:11? Man, you are faster than me, I have problems with all the bumps on the course, couldn't go any better than low 4:14's today. I really have to find more speed through the corners and still avoid the penalty zones if I wish to win this one...

But I expect a good race, with all the drafting and stuff :)
 
You've got to be kidding me; you and Filip are absolute speed demons!! You'll find the extra time, i have absolutley no doubt about that! I did my practice in an online room with penalties set to strong to absolutley make sure that no corners could be cut. Braking points are my weakest point at the moment though and i have left the track a few times unfortunatly. Was in an M3 CSL but got a couple more to try if i get a chance which is why i've not submitted my entry yet!
 
Hi everyone. I have got, yet more bad news. I wont be able to make the next race due to the workload I have in my job at the moment. So for that reason i am going to be pulling out from the season championship. I'm so sorry i messed you guys and XPOWER around, I feel like I've let all of you down. But if you start another championship season, I'll be happy to join, however I'll see what work I have coming up before i get hasty and join and use up a space that someone else could have had. Again I am so sorry for the inconvinience.:indiff: Good luck to you guys throughout the rest of the season.👍
 
Sorry to hear that Brad, but don't worry, you've not messed anyone around, these things happen and work is more important than racing! Best of luck and keep an eye out for future events i may be holding!
 
Yeah, I think we might be good to enter another season in the future, and possibly get more entries with no PSN outages this time. Hope we'll meet on the track by then! :)

Okay, well... sacrificed top speed for acceleration again and got a solid 4:12 time tonight. I think I'll be taking off this ASM, going without it has thrown me into the gravel occasionally, but it just slows me down too badly in those corners.
 
Hey I was wondering for future races if it would be ok if I submit my car entry late, or not at all if I forget? I am working 9 to 12hr days for the summer and am not able to summit before fridays deadline unless I do it early like I am now. Also I am a little busy so I may simply forget, but will try not to. Thankfully I am not working weekends............yet. There is rumor going around we may in July, so I may miss one race but dout it.

My entry for week 4 at circuit de la sarthe is a: dodge challenger (silver)

Also I have one other question. Are you going to go through this races replays to look for corner cutting? I did a mock up race and noticed you can cut some corners severely which can lower a lap time by a sec or two! The main ones to look for is the last chicane n the 19th corner. Just thought I'd mention that.
 
To be fair mate, a lot of entries over the last weeks have either been late or non existant! Don't worry if you can't do it, i'm sure you're aware of what cars you have and havn't used so the issue isn't really present .I may change that rule then;

Submission of car is not compulsory but would be much appreciated. But i would still like people to submit wether they actualy intend to race or not :)

Will submit my entry even though i've not tested it!

Carbonox; BMW M3 CSL (black)
SinisterClaw; Dodge Challenger (silver)
XPOWER180; Lexus LFA ( matte dark green)
 
As for the issue of corner cutting, i've noticed it's still possible too, even with strong penalties. Indeed i will be reviewing the footage, maybe from all drivers points of view !
 
I haven't practised much, but I'll do some tonight. But I'm just thinking, I'm fairly sure that there is going to be people pushed out of the way, and by that inadvertadly cutting the chicane before the "Esses", this is going to sound strange, but losing 5-10 seconds if you brake too late and such. I'm myself probably the worst and "dirtiest" driver of all in this series. But I'll do all I can to prevent anyone from being a victim. What I'm saying is just that we perhaps could have some "take it easy until you got past the first two corners"-rule. Please say it's stupid or anything if you think it is.

Anyway, I think I'll enter a CSL, the 3rd and last time I'll be able to use it.
 
For this race I'm going with an odd car: Spyker C8
It's not beautyful but I hope it's fast.

94832973.jpg




Carbonox; BMW M3 CSL (black)
SinisterClaw; Dodge Challenger (silver)
XPOWER180; Lexus LFA ( matte dark green)
cobrius; Spyker C8 (titanium silver)
 
Anyway, I think I'll enter a CSL, the 3rd and last time I'll be able to use it.

Second time actually, since I don't remember you being around in Fuji, and Nurb was a theme week where the CSL wasn't allowed :)
 
Cobrius; the Spyker is mid engined, therfore not elligible for the race. I guess thhe submitting of entries does work afterall !

Fishyjuice, i think you're right about the penalty. I've tested it and it doesn't stop corner cutting on strong penalties any more than it does with weak penalties.
 
The Spyker is listed as FR. Shall I change car?
 
Second time actually, since I don't remember you being around in Fuji, and Nurb was a theme week where the CSL wasn't allowed :)
Ah, seems like someone's got a better memory than me. :lol:
But it's not my final entry, I'll say that I will confirm tonight, but I provbably won't. :p
Fishyjuice, i think you're right about the penalty. I've tested it and it doesn't stop corner cutting on strong penalties any more than it does with weak penalties.
How do you mean? The point of my post was encouraging a calm start to the race, since it'll probably be pretty crowded into the first turns.
But if the penalites still doesn't have that much of an effect, it won't be a big problem. But still, it's easy to run off into the sand and you'll have an extremely hard time catching up, unless you have an amazing tune and is a skilled driver.
 
Alright, it looks like my cottage trip didn't do me much good and I felt horribly slow on Thursday. But now that I ran my first full 7-lapper with soft tires, no ASM, fresh oil and power limiter at 95% (thanks to the oil's huge PP boost), I can say that I'm much better prepared. Got a 4'07.9 early on and did a steady 'race', never going above high 4'10's. I didn't pit at all, since the track mostly consists of straights.

My strong points are definitely the fast corners. Without ASM, I can just slide through them and gain some extra time in the process. And with the worn out tires, the sliding gets just better.

E: What's wrong with me and my typing? Yeah, it's entirely possible to get a 2'07 on this course... :D
 
Last edited:
Okay, I'll try a Ferrari 599 then.
 
California's quite quick too!
 
Are the Ferrari's FR too? :nervous:

The 458 Italia is at least not, but I'm not sure about all of 'em...
 
California and 599 are both Front engined, Rear drive. All other Ferraris in the game are MR's.
 
How do you mean? The point of my post was encouraging a calm start to the race, since it'll probably be pretty crowded into the first turns.
But if the penalites still doesn't have that much of an effect, it won't be a big problem. But still, it's easy to run off into the sand and you'll have an extremely hard time catching up, unless you have an amazing tune and is a skilled driver.

What i mean by that is that having strong penalties is not enough in itself to discourage bad driving and could inadvertantly end up punishing innocent drivers by the type of scenario you have described. We'll stick with weak penalties but i like your idea of a gentlemans agreemant to be cautious until we at least clear the Dunlop Bridge. Also worth noting is that a lot of drafting will be happening. Please make sure you judge your braking distances correctly.

Wonder how many will turn up tommorrow? Not looking good so far :(
 
Hasn't anyone else submitted their entry by PM or something? I believe we could get Filip, Fishy, Fauscal, SlyckTires and SmittMan too, depending on their current status. I just wonder what happened to Lahan and Vatrox, both were great drivers to race against but didn't give a sign anymore after Fuji.
 
Not a word from anyone!
 
What i mean by that is that having strong penalties is not enough in itself to discourage bad driving and could inadvertantly end up punishing innocent drivers by the type of scenario you have described. We'll stick with weak penalties but i like your idea of a gentlemans agreemant to be cautious until we at least clear the Dunlop Bridge. Also worth noting is that a lot of drafting will be happening. Please make sure you judge your braking distances correctly.
Ah, my bad. And yeah, I'm going to have to set the brakes at something near 7/5 to get some stability going into the really tight corner at the end of Mulsanne, I'm a bit cautious about using the power limiter, the car's torque gets all ****** up, and I'm more for tuning a car to the max. But since it seems to go well, I guess it only to try. But I at least feel that having a car that weighs less than 1000 kg will be a loss here. Those extra horse powers will be useful.
And about a "gentlemans' agreement", I agree with what you said. Considering that the first corner is a medium length sweeping corner, it's easy to understeer there. I'm just asking here, since there aren't so many low-speed corners at LM, what are your tire strategies. And I assume everyone's practice times are online?
 
I'm practicing online, yes. And just caught a 4'05.5, it was a pretty hot lap already and I don't think it's too easy to improve from that anymore. My sessions for today are over now though, I've got more time tomorrow.

Soft tires are my answer once again, they feel good in the BMW and last just long enough for this course.

As for the championship's current situation... Yeah, it's starting to look a bit dull if our grids just keep decreasing in size. :nervous: I'm actually right now more interested about the possible next season, where we might finally get 16 car grids (if the interest goes up from the start) and a constant close championship battle.
 
I must admit guys, i am getting a bit dis-heartened by the low grids and lack of interest. If we have a low turn out this week then i may cut the season short but honour everyones prizes. I will then come up with another plan for a new season that will only start when we have a grid full of firm commitments. But lets see how it goes tommorrow before any decissions are made :)
 
Yeah, business is going slow. But at least we have a few, but... it seems a bit strange considering the amount of people that still play GT5. Oh, well.
 
Mmh, I don't know if starting a second season would help that much. However, if we succeed in that, I have a couple of new rule suggestions that I'll bring up if the second season begins.

About the prizes... how will the "x weeks commitment" prizes work out if the season ends here?
 
Hopefully it wont come to that but rest assured i'll sort everything out so that no one loses out. 👍

Also, it wont be a 2nd season as such, it may be something completely new that i've been thinking over for a while.
 
Massive apologies - forgot all about car registering.

I've spent a fortune tuning FRs this week, but nothing I tried beat the BMW M5 '08 so I'm going to have to run with it.

Not that I'm anywhere near a 4:05 tho...
 
Back