Saturday Stock Car Series! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY CANCELLED.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake VBR! I saw your post-request to participate in Concours and I thought it was an example for SSCS. So, I have read first posts about rules & regulations. I might race with you tonight If you allow me.

No worries, probably my fault for posting my Concours application in the same post as my SSCS intro in the Concours thread! :dunce:

You are most welcome to come along & race (as are all GT Planet members), just as long as you read & understand the "SSCS Rules & Regulations" & abide by them, that's the most important thing, hope to see you on track later!

👍

EDIT: The first post has been updated again, please have another look before attending, thanks.

Last edited:
I need to apologize about the first 2 races tonight, because:

1) had CS tires on as I went in settings and saw a choise, I thought we choose the best. Wrong! And as a mistake has to be paid, I was much slower than everybody else.on these tires. The qualify time in Laguna Seca is the proof. 6-7 tenths from pole-sitter instead of 5 seconds a lap slower in Daytona. Speaking about that, how's that?

2) Didn't pit in second -long- race as I wasn't sure about. I remembered it during the last laps but wasn't sure so took the risk. My bad!

Everything else was nice, except some minor touches which are normal in a track with same cars.
Premise to be better next time. See you all on track. And congrats for the championship to VBR!

You done ok for your first time out Rotorist, just some small incidents & errors which I texted you about. Please read the format, rules & regs again for next time just to make sure you know exactly what you need to be doing in each race, thanks! :)

All round I have to say that it was the best SSCS ever last night, sure there were a few people who forgot to pit in various races & made some other tiny errors, but it's only the 2nd week we've been doing the long race 2 & 1 mandatory pit stop. I've been watching the replays of the 2 races on Laguna Seca & they were absolutely epic with 10-12 drivers on track respectively, everyone who took part should be proud of themselves for contributing to such clean & fun races.

Many thanks to all SSCS participants, you guys rock!

👍

PS: 3 new rules have been added! Im not telling you what or where they are, so you'll need to read the whole first post again to find them, hopefully that should help everyone to get to know the general format, rules & regs a little better too. :sly: I've also seperated every rule into bullet points in an effort to make them clearer.

Last edited:
just read the whole of the rules again vbr so im now up to date for the weekend

just read the whole of the rules again vbr so im now up to date for the weekend

Cool, thanks for taking the time to do that, I hope everyone else follows your example.

I've also just revealed the theme & details for the next event, we're trying something a little bit different & special this Saturday, just make sure you're on the right tyres at the right time, 3 types are gonna be available according to the current track conditions! Sports Hard tyres are the best tyre you're allowed to use in the dry, if it rains you may change to wets or inters, no other tyres are allowed so I'm trusting you all to stick to that this week!

See; This Weeks SSCS - 11/6/2011 for details, it's near the top of the first post in this thread. There are some exceptions to the race specifics this week also regarding white lines on Le Mans, make sure you understand them before racing, thanks.

👍

Last edited:
I read it yesterday too! But I need to go inside the track's limits as Daytona had too many runaway areas covered with asphalt and since I was last and away I wasn't sure if I should go playing safe as I was losing 6 secs per lap from the leader due to different tires.

Talking about tires: how anyone can explain that CS which I stupidly put on Challenger were 4-5 secs per lap slower than CM on Saturday's races in Daytona? A bug maybe?

You had CH tyres on mate, I checked the replay! You couldn't have had CS on as the room itself was limited to CM. Thanks for re-reading the rules again!

:)

This Saturday everyone must use Sports Hard tyres in the dry, & can also use wets & inters if it rains. You must not use any other tyre compounds even though they're available in the settings!

Thanks.

👍

EDIT: I've added a new championship points system, see the "SSCS Event Format" for details, there will be trophy cars too! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for informing pal! That's a convincing explanation. By the way... nice combo for next Saturday.

Depending on what im doing saturday night, i love this car tho :D hopefully im not doing anything hehe

Let's see. I'm in PDT zone so that would be an 11:35 am start time for me...at least, I hope so! :dunce:

Let's see. I'm in PDT zone so that would be an 11:35 am start time for me...at least, I hope so! :dunce:

Spot on mate, PDT is GMT -7, see here. We have one guy from australia who gets up at 5am sometimes to join! I love all this international virtual racing.

Hope to see all you guys Saturday.

:)

I need someone to help with creating a table with all the points info in for each Saturday's racing, as I'm absolutely useless with such things! :boggled: You can't use HTML in posts here, so you'll need to make the tables in a program & then capture an image & then post it up, I was thinking something along the lines of this.

Any ideas?

💡

Last edited:
Martin... Tell me what you need and I will do it.

If you look at the Championship Points info in the first post, that should give you an idea. Maybe 8 separate tables, one for Rounds & one for Championship Standings/Result, like:

• Table 1 - Round 1: Drivers Finish Position, Drivers PSN ID, Qually Points, Race Points.
  • Table 2 - Championship Standings After Round 1.

• Table 3 - Rounds 2: Drivers Finish Position, Drivers PSN ID, Qually Points, Race Points.
  • Table 4 - Championship Standings After Round 2.

• Table 5 - Rounds 3: Drivers Finish Position, Drivers PSN ID, Qually Points, Race Points.
  • Table 6 - Championship Standings After Round 3.

• Table 7 - Rounds 4: Drivers Finish Position, Drivers PSN ID, Qually Points, Race Points.
  • Table 8 - Championship Results.

Or perhaps 1 complex table that could add all that up!

👍

Last edited:
Ok, i'll send you a sample ASAP, maybe tomorow.. and we work it from there.
I think I am able to do a template for you to use... Excel? OpenOffice?

Ok, i'll send you a sample ASAP, maybe tomorow.. and we work it from there.
I think I am able to do a template for you to use... Excel? OpenOffice?

I haven't got either, if you could do it in Google Docs that would be better. Make 2 templates: one for race results & one for championship standings/final result. If google isn't good enough, then do it in Open Office & I will get it, it's free right?

Cheers mate!

:D

I won't be able to race with you guys for a pretty long time. I'm going to be busy just about every saturday and sunday for the next three months or so. I'm a senior in high school and have marching band practice every saturday for 12 hours. Not only am I going to be there during the races but im too tired afterwards to do anything. So good I ask you a favor? I'm not sure if you're already doing this but could you post a video of the races on youtube and provide a link for us? If I can't participate I would love to watch it.

Jones

INTERS ARE NOW BANNED FOR SATURDAY'S RACE!!!

This is because I tested them in the dry on Suzuka & they were a good 4 seconds a lap faster than the Sports Hard tyres, go figure!

I'm not sure if you're already doing this but could you post a video of the races on youtube and provide a link for us? If I can't participate I would love to watch it.

Jones

I'd love to do that but my capture equipment is well out of date & not up to the job, if anyone else here wants to upload the 10 minute sprint race to You Tube, be my guest. I could upload the replays to a file sharing site & PM you a link if you like?

👍

Last edited:
VBR
I could upload the replays to a file sharing site & PM you a link if you like?

👍

That would be amazing! I hope someone is up to doing that. It would be all the better if there could be a drivers commentary (possibly a youtube channel) through a skype call but I don't think that very many of the drivers would want to put forward the extra time. I know I would.
Heck if this got big enough someone like top gear might try and re-create our races! It seems a little out there but we're racing stock cars with very strict regulations.

Send me an add if you want, you can always come along & spectate a few races if you're too tired after band practice, if you watch a whole race you can save it yourself even if you aren't in it. I'll try & sort out some replays for you soon aswell.

👍

PS: Incase anyone missed it, Inters are now banned for Saturday's races, see first post for details (there's also a new My Lounge rule regarding Cache).

Last edited:
I might join tomorrow but no promises. I wish it'd be sports hard only all the way rain or no rain, controlling a 4wd car like the gtr in the rain with sports hards isn't too difficult (check the yellowbird challenge in my sig).

Last edited:
OK8
I might join tomorrow but no promises. I wish it'd be sports hard only all the way rain or no rain, controlling a 4wd car like the gtr in the rain with sports hards isn't too difficult (check the yellowbird challenge in my sig).

I did test Sports Hard with full rain from a standing start & it was near impossible to stay on the road (that would affect lap times & thus put the timing of the event out), if it starts to rain during a race when the tyres are warm then the handling is ok. Racing Rain tyres give slightly slower times & less grip in the dry & wet than Sports Hard, so they still present a challenge, Inters though have been banned as they are 4 seconds a lap faster on Suzuka in the dry! Rain tyres are optional remember, so it's up to you if you want to use them or not should it begin to rain, you could choose to stay on Sports Hard the whole time (as long as you make your 1 mandatory pit stop in the long races of course).

👍

Last edited:
Nice! I had thought about inters, because once I had checked it out and found the same result in Suzuka I think. So, it's clearer about strategy now.

Bad news guys, SSCS has been postponed till next Saturday 18/6/2011. :(

My ISP (Talk Talk) had a network outage yesterday, since it came back online my download speed has dropped from an average of 15mbps to 3mbps & my upload from 850kbps to 100kbps. I cannot even stay connected to my own lounge & am getting DCD all the time, so I cannot host this event.

It had taken conversations with 4 different people & being told conflicting things, before I finally got somewhere. :banghead: The engineers are going to work on my line on Monday, if I can get a similar speed again, particularly on the upload, then SSCS will be on again next week, if I can't then I'll have to cancel the event until I can either convince them to upgrade my service to what it was or I get them to release me from my contract & so I can find another ISP.

A similar thing has happened twice before when I lost the phone & net & after it being restored my speeds have plumeted. When I was with Tiscali everything was fine & their customer service was great, but since Talk Talk took them over I've had 3 serious issues including this one. At least the last guy I talked to was sympathetic & helpful, hopefully they'll get it sorted so I can host My Lounge again next week, if we do it'll be the same event as posted up that we'll run.

Yours dejected,

VBR. :(

Sorry VBR, not going to be able to make this saturday. Its the missus's Bday night out mate. Got my gt2 today mate its amazing so ill be getting some practice in for the 25t

Attachments

• GT2.zip.zip
    45.4 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back