Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things GT1 Version

I played on the JP version of GT1 yesterday and I can confirm this. It's actually faster than the Evo IV :P

I'll also check the AI entry lists for races, because I encountered a [R]Civic EG SiR-II on the Grand Valley 60 Laps endurance.
And also, it seems to me that skipping the qualification lap (is that how it's called in english? I'm hesitating..) actually has it happen. In the Megaspeed Cup, the Mitsubishi GTO would always start last for some reason, where in the USA/PAL, it starts 2nd behind the Skyline R33 (or 1st if it's absent) no matter what if you skip it.

EDIT: Hey! I just found something cool :D
When you go into the Replay Theater on the japanese version, Moon Over The Castle is the bgm :3 Pretty cool imo.

I should move this to a thread that lists the differences in versions of the game x)

Do you want another regional difference?
Drive a fully tuned MA70 Supra GT in the JP version. :lol:

I'll have to check :P

Also, the Cerbera LM Edition and the Concept Car LM are both 603kg instead of 8xxkg, and the Viper GTS-R is 9xx instead of over 1200kg. Strange lol.
The NSX S-Zero [R] is also 850kg instead of 900.

The Subaru Legacy models are also pretty bad with lag :P

I knew about the RX7, only non race modded though (duh). Sucks for the grip, but great for straights... if the car was actually fast :/

I'm curious to see how the real GT-Four would've handled... at least as real as a 4WD miscoded as FF car can handle.. I really wonder why PD made the oversight wih the GT-Four (copy from SS-II?), EVO III (copy from Mirage?), Galant VR4 (copy from VRG/GDi maybe?), and Pulsar GTi-R (copy from Primera?)...

Use this code to fix the 4WD Fakers (PAL):

800BB6F0 0313

Damn I don't know exactly what it does, but it works! :D
I tried it on the Evo III and Pulsar (only activate when in the pre-race lobby, otherwise crash) and they became fully 4wd. It didn't work on a Civic Type R though. Which is what makes me confused. At first I thought you made a code that changes the drivetrain to a 4WD drivetrain but it doesn't seem to be the case. Anyway, thanks, I appreciate it!

Yes, but incorrectly coded as FF when racing. Same with the Toyota Celica GT-4 and Galant VR-4. They handle and behave just like FF cars when in game. This code fixes that as long as you activate it only when there's no major loading to be made.

Yup they were xD
They are FWD when driving them, you can't rev-launch because the handbrake doesn't put you into Neutral, and they do reverse donuts so quickly because of their power that they end up going forward and doing circles. They also have the best Reverse launch of all cars because of their power combined with good grip at the front.

I show that in this video:

@EncounterGTR

I recently watched some of your GT Test Drive vids especially the RM videos and I noticed some of the cars (CR-X Del Sol, Silvia S14, possibly the Chaser, and the FTO) have the LM kit on. Were they supposed to be race mods at first?

@EncounterGTR

I recently watched some of your GT Test Drive vids especially the RM videos and I noticed some of the cars (CR-X Del Sol, Silvia S14, possibly the Chaser, and the FTO) have the LM kit on. Were they supposed to be race mods at first?

Yep, probably these car were planned to be RM cars at some point, but in the later builds they became the famous LM Edition cars.

Last edited:
Noticed something interesting in this news entry from HK GT site? That's right, they posted a higher quality version of the background picture used in the Japanese demos' Arcade Mode I posted long ago:

i1IqvH5cO8pqt.jpg

:D

EDIT: Seems like the US site has the same picture too.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

The same image from a different angle, which shows some interesting cars. Can be seen on the main menu, notice screen, and the booklet included with the Test Drive disc.

I don't know where I should post this, but I think this is probably the most relevant place.

I decided to make myself a car modifier as well as a color modifier with cheat engine. Once that was done I just went through basicaly all the cars in the game a took screenshots. I forgot some, and didn't include cars that were already finished and that I didn't deem necessary to show.
They're ALL Race mods only. Except for the bonus cars (AE86 Trueno, Civic Type R Spoon, Lancer Evo IV)
At first I only wanted to look up known beta models, but I kinda went the full way. :P
Anyway, I made one huge image about it, better click it to view full resolution, or even download it because it's 10490px x 9969px and 30mb:

Ah, that's PAPX 90026 GT1 Trial Version by the way. I'll be doing Test Drive PAPX 96085 later.

EDIT: Fun facts that I noted from these (we already know most of these):
- AE86 Trueno bonus car doesn't have the black 2-tone. Colors are the same, but more pastel. RM is identical to final.
- Both MK3 Supra have the same Blue/Purple colors.
- TRD3000GT is silver instead of dark silver. RM's rear diffuser shows instead of being all blackened out like the Castrol Supra GT.
- MR2 have their final body, with beta colors, but RM has beta body and colors still.
- Some Impreza RMs have the WRC wheels. Some have beta wheels. All are pretty much done, with minor color modifications.
- Forgot to check the bonus SVX, but both L and S4 have the same RM. No color difference.
- Legacy Sedans' RM not textured yet. Only those 2 colors available. Also the '93 has the '96s textures, wagon included (revised front end and trimmings). No color difference as well. Normal versions of the Wagon have a rear spoiler that's gone in the final and ever since.
- S14 Q's black color is glitched, but present. White has a different front bumper than in the final.
- R32 GTR Skylines all have the same RM. Not yet different wheels. GTS R32 and 33 have normal textures on RM body.
- Nismo 400R is present but not. Race wheels for the RM, normal R33 for the normal car.
- SilEighty is ready for texturing. So are all the 180sx models.
- Gen2 Mistubishi GTOs have an incredible amount of colors compared to finals. They've been all scattered between the different versions in the final. Also, spoiler. And decals.
- Red Falken Mirage Cyborg.
- Bonus Evo IV is done, but fun fact, trying to load colors after the normal 3 colors when having viewed the standard Evo IV previously (and therefore having loaded it's palettes into the RAM) shows fully usable standard EVO IV colors on the bonus model.
Also, Issel Blue Pearl is absent, being replaced by a Dark Anthracite Gray.
- Gen2 Preludes are untextured yet.
- Bonus "spoon" Civic Type R is done, with Primo sponsor. Also, a "slimmer" body than final (because this is the normal car's body retextured, without bigger bumpers and spoilers)
- Pretty sure the front bumper of the later models DelSol (without the double headlights) have a different bumper... I could be wrong, because those aren't available in the final PAL version except via cheats.
- Pretty sure the Mugen logo on the hood of the CRX SiR was removed. I forgot to check the bonus model.
- Beta Copperhead! White and Silver are the standard model's Race mod. Yellow and Black are the Copperhead LM. Viper GTS only has its wheels done for its RM.
- Both Corvette's RM are silver Grand Sport body and stripe. With the cope having the red stripes mirrored on both sides unlike the GSs.
- Both Camaro RM aren't done, just 30th anniversary in silver. Also, the 30th A. sits higher than the Z28.
- Didn't check the Bonus DB7
- Black FC RX7.
- ALL FD RX7 have the Red/Blue, Orange/Green, Red/Black colors.
- Demio A-spec has standard Demio GLX wheels as stock, with 3-spokes as RM. LX and GL models have Nismo GTR LM Road Car wheels as RM.
- Only the S-special and normal MX5/Miata/Eunos Roadster have a RM and that's the Castrol Racing one. Only one color. Didn't check the bonus model.
- RX7 A-spec LM Edition has 3 colors: Pink, Purple and Green. Also, a black spoiler which I believe is colored in the final.
- Grass green instead of emerald for the Cosmo models, as well as no differentiation.

EDIT2: Forgot to say that every NSX RM is the Red/Purple Mugen beta RM. The LM GT2 is the final NSX S-Zero model without sponsors and different wheels.

That's pretty much it.

Last edited:
Well, since you guys apparently liked it, here comes a doozy: GT1 Test Drive PAPX 96085.
Now there is EVERY CAR in ALL COLORS in this image, and it is positively gigantic with over 400 screenshots made. The last few screens had to be taken in game because trying to view the cars would make the car entry I was replacing disappear. I tried with multiple entries and they would all disappear. Anyway, this time, apparently the preview doesn't work, so have a link. The image is 58mb.

EDIT(direct download): http://www.mediafire.com/file/s37h0yfaxqhg00h/GT1_Test_Drive_cars.jpg

Car list:
Mazda Cosmo type E
Mazda Demio GLX
Mazda FC3S RX7 Infini III
Mazda FD3S RX7 Type RZ 96
Mazda N1 RX7 [R] LM Edition
Mazda FD3S RX7 Type R '91
Mazda Lantis Coupe Type R
Mazda Roadster Vspecial? (unique code: mmian)
Dodge Viper RT
Honda Accord Sedan
Honda Accord Wagon
Honda Civic Ferio
Honda Civic Ferio '95
Honda CRX
Honda Civic Si EG '95
Honda Civic EK '93
Honda Del sol S '93
Honda Del sol Si '93 ([R] = LM Edition)
Honda Integra Type R
Honda Integra SiR-G
Honda NSX '90 (code: hnsbn)
Honda NSX-LM [R]
Honda NSX S-Zero '97 [R]
Honda NSX '90 [R] (code: hnsxr)
Honda Prelude Type SH '96
Honda Prelude Si Vtec '94
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Mitsubishi FTO GP version R '97
Mitsubishi FTO GPX '94 ([R] = LM Edition)
Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Mitsubishi GTO SR '97
Mitsubishi GTO '92
Mitsubishi GTO N1 [R] LM Edition
Mitsubishi GTO '95 SR
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 3
Mitsubishi Mirage
Mitsubishi Mirage Asti
Nissan 180SX '94
Nissan 180SX Type X '96
Nissan GTR LM ([R] = LM Edition)
Nissan R32 GTS25 Type S
Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
Nissan Primera '95
Nissan Primera '90
Nissan R32 GT-R '91
Nissan R33 GT-R '95
Nissan R33 GT-R '97
Nissan S13 K's 1800cc '88
Nissan S14 K's
Nissan S14a '96 K's ([R] = LM Edition)
Nissan S13 K's 2000cc '91
Nissan R33 GTS 25t (unique code: ns33n)
Nissan 300ZX TwinTurbo 2by2 '94
Nissan 300ZX 2seater '94
Subaru Impreza '96 WRX
Subaru Impreza '96 STi ver. III
Subaru Impreza '96 SportsWagon
Subaru Impreza '96 STi SportsWagon ver.III
Subaru Impreza '97 Type R STi ver.
Subaru Impreza GT '94 Wagon
Subaru Impreza Rally Edition
Subaru Impreza GT '94
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT '96
Subaru Legacy Sedan GT '96
Subaru SVX S4
Subaru SVX
Toyota Celica GT-Four
Toyota Celica SS-II
Toyota Chaser Tourer V
Toyota Corona Exiv 200GT
Toyota Corolla Levin BZG
Toyota Corolla Levin AE86
Toyota Mark II Tourer S
Toyota MR2 GTS
Toyota Soarer 2.5 GTT-VVTi '96
Toyota Supra LM [R]
Toyota Supra RZ '96
Toyota JZA70 Supra Twin Turbo R
Toyota Starlet Glanza V (96
Toyota Trueno BZG
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex AE86
TVR Griffith

Things I noted this time:
- A lot of cars are obviously unfinished, most with missing or approximative colors.
- A few cars have different file names than in the final game/GT2.
- RX7 FC RM front bumper is green instead of white, MAZDA logo was later removed, Mazdaspeed windshield decal missing, Mazda logo on spoiler on blue instead of detoured. Possibly the trunk was body colored instead of red in final, I forgot.
- RX7 Type RZ has more than just black, [R] has standard front bumper instead of modded, a few logos were removed/detoured.
- The MX5 present in this demo is unique in the way that it's filename is no present at all in later demos/final/GT2. (code: mmian). Also, Castrol Racing RM
- Beta-shaped Viper RT/10. With shorter nose and longer rear end. Beta RM looks nice...
- Accord Sedan has different looking colors, and I don't think white made it to the final. I'll have to check. Wheels are on the ugly side. RM has a different front bumper than final and a 3rd, purple on green color choice.
- Accord wagon has a different paintjob, and front bumper.
- Civic Ferio EK RM has different hood sticker placement, Brown on black instead of silver on black, and a 3rd (removed) gold color choice.
- EG Civic Ferio has "beta" headlight textures. That's it.
- CRX, same as above, but with backlights too. Has a really nice black/dark gray color that I think was removed, because I don't remember ever not being able to see the plastic bumpers on that car. Completely different RM.
- Civic SiR EK has bea body shape (very slanted rear bumper that was toned down later, less polished headlights). RM is nicer than final in my opinion, although, "UBARBU" on the hood? you mean, SUBARU? Wait, that seems somewhat wrong.... #cannot_unsee
- Civic EG normal is pretty much done, RM is totally different.
- Del Sol LM was supposed to be the DS SiR '93 RM.
- Integra Type R has a blue Castrol logo on the hood. (Same with Sir-G)
- Honda NSX (J) 1990. Has no RM (RMs below are from different NSX models) code: hnsbn
- Early NSX-LM car. Bodyshape became the '97-'99 model's RM.
- NSX Type S-zero RM. Has no normal version. Why SZero? because it's code (hnsnr) is the Szero's corresponding RM. Also, Beta Mugen RM.
- NSX '90 RM. Again, no normal version because the file name don't match: hnsxr
- Mitsubishi Eclipse had a silver color that was removed, slightly modified hood texture, and more vibrant red color.
- FTO GP version R is missing it's GPR logo on the spoiler.
- FTO GPX has slightly different coloring, and it's RM is the FTO LM (can you imagine a 326hp, FWD LM that looked so badass? ah, me neither)
- Beta GTO SR/SL '96 with beta RM
- GTO TwinT '95 has had its textures a little reworked in later builds, beta RM.
- Beta shaped Lancer Evo IV. The textures are pretty much final. It's front end is completely flat, no bumper crease. Makes it ugly imo. Beta RM looks like an EVO IV version of the EVO III's RM.
- Beta '94 180SX with pretty ugly texturing all things considered. It could've been one of the earliest models PD made for the game even. Beta RM coloring.
- 180SX '96. Compared to above, it looks a lot prettier, in both texturing and modeling. RM has some texturing quirks that were changed later (too big taillights, too narrow windshield for example)
- Now here's something interesting (kinda). Nismo GTR LM Edition was suposed to be the Road Car's RM, then was changed for a standalone in GT1 final and later demo builds, then back to the LM Edition's normal version in GT2. So many changes lol.
It's code evolution:
GT1 TD, final, GT2: nl33n (nl33r being the LM Edition)
GT1 Trial Version: n-33n (bonus version of cars are named with a x-xxx compared to their regular counterpart. Talk about naming convention. Made my work easier when finding them all)
- Beta Pulsar GTi-R RM has Rothmans logos (so do the Celica RMs) and something that looks a lot like a Lancia logo (to the right of Rothmans). Different coloring than final.
- R33 GTR '95 (the single-colored one) has very slight texturing differences. I've never seen those differences in the final, so i'll have to check. What I noticed: different sideskirt shape and rear bumper side texturing. Rear bumper has also a more "flat" coloring. you can see those differences when comparing with the '97 model under it.
- Beta S14 '95 is a non-Aero shaped model.
- S14a '96's RM is the LM Edition.
- R33 GTS has a unique file, just like the MX5 mentioned above. code: ns33n that was changed later to nt33n.
- Beta shaped 300ZX models with rounded spoiler instead of straight, and beta RM with slightly different 3d (example: straight back vs bumper crease on final) and different paintjobs.
- Subaru models have unfinished wheel textures, and have huge wheels for some reason.
- They also have beta STI paintjobs that weren't always recolors of each other, and Repsol logos.
- Non-STi models (meaning, GT/WRX models) have a less polished texturing job. They also have non-sporty rear bumpers. They're actually textured after the rounder type bumper that's on lower specced models such as the 1.6L versions.
- Type R coupe version is missing its WRX stickers. Makes it look like a prototype of sorts. Looks nice imo. It's RM looks somewhat empty with only those few sponsors on it...
- The Impreza Wagon/Sedan GT '94 RM has a illeriPirelli sponsor on it's front lip that's not on the other models even in this build.
- Beta Impreza Rally Edition. Looks decent.
- The legacy wagon GT '96. Hey look! The spoiler I keep talking about that was removed in starting from the final GT1 build! Now I can finally shut up about it :P
- The SVXs are looking positively ugly. Flat colorings and weird texturing (except the black Version L)... anyway, they made it a lot better afterwards. both models have a weird black bar positioned inside the body, underneah the very back of the rear window. I don't know what that is, only that it is 3D. A misplaced spoiler? Gone on the (beta) RMs.
- Beta Celica ST202/5. Compared to final, they have flat headlights (they indented the outer lamps later). They have a later removed gold-ish paint, but otherwise have the exact same colors. Beta RM has a simpler shaped spoiler, Rothmans logos and a few other sponsors that were blurred. And I saw while writing this that the GT-four has a giant Castrol logo on its roof when the SS-II has a roofscoop. Who needs air intakes anyway?
- The Levin BZG AE92 RM has a later removed purple color choice.
- The AE86 Levin had silver instead of white (and no white), as well as a different-looking RM, that looks different than the Trueno's. I would've loved hat to be final but oh well. It's only texturing, the 3d is the same. #texturemods_anyone?
- Beta colors + 3d for the MR2 GTS. It's rear is derpy. Cannot unsee.
- The Sprinter Trueno has a removed silver color. It's RM is blue and yellow instead of Red with white panels and hood.
- The TVR's silver is the same, I just didn't reload the race with an other color to get the rear shot. Do't try to look for differences in coloring.

A few cars also had duplicate colors in their palette. Mostly double silver.

I may do the same thing for other things, but for now, i'm done x)

Last edited:
My boy, your picture was so big that MediaFire's loading bar filled completely, stayed like that for a while and then emptied itself! :P Great stuff indeed, nice job. 👍

Thanks! But were you able to get the image in the end? I may just change the link to a direct download if possible :/

EDIT: I edited the post with a direct download instead of view. Probably a better way to do it xD

I have probably made the heaviest .jpg picture ever.

Thanks! But were you able to get the image in the end? I may just change the link to a direct download if possible :/

EDIT: I edited the post with a direct download instead of view. Probably a better way to do it xD
I got to see the image, but not in its full size... so I just went ahead and downloaded it. :sly:

There are websites for huge image hosting, but even those aren't enough for stuff like this...

If I ever do other projects like this, I will definitely not put all of the cars on a single image. I tried it with this one because the Test Drive build has the least amount of cars, but even for GT1 final, going for 100% is going to be just gigantic. Even my 24gb or RAM were fully used when making this, so making an image that's double the size of this one.... not happening.

Back