Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things GT1 Version

May develop a GS code for doing this...

Viper_GTSR In Honda.PNG

20,000 dollars isn't so bad for this car.

Last edited:
When viewed from hex editor, Special Model screens for the Western manufacturers exist, yet they are never called:

$52EC8: ASTON-SPECIAL.HTM
$52DEF: CHEVROLET-SPECIAL.HTM
$52E44: CHRYSLER-SPECIAL.HTM
$52E94: TVR-SPECIAL.HTM

Also, what is NEED-JA.HTM in the Fitted Parts screen next to Special Model cars' suspension? Turns out it is this message:

"Only Japanese and US cars can compete in this event" (occurs when entering JP vs US event with a British car).

;)

Last edited:
When viewed from hex editor, Special Model screens for the Western manufacturers exist, yet they are never called:

Also, what is NEED-JA.HTM in the Fitted Parts screen next to Special Model cars' suspension? Turns out it is this message:

"Only Japanese and American cars can compete in this event" (occurs when entering JP vs US event with a British car).

;)

So it would be the same if it was NEED-US.HTM and NEED-EU.HTM. Though when it was first discovered it may have been a very special part that GT1 couldn't read.

So it would be the same if it was NEED-US.HTM and NEED-EU.HTM. Though when it was first discovered it may have been a very special part that GT1 couldn't read.

The other screens are NEED-JB.HTM (UK vs JP) and NEED-BA.HTM (UK vs US). ;)

Same for the Used Screens:

ASTON-USED-BUY.HTM
CHEVROLET-USED-BUY.HTM
CHRYSLER-USED-BUY.HTM
TVR-USED-BUY.HTM

But these are only available in GT Trial Version.

Also here what Special Screens look in GT Trial Version for the Western Dealership:

PSDX6D3D001.jpg

"Only Japanese and US cars can compete in this event" (occurs when entering JP vs US event with a British car).

;)

I see this "glitch" is only affected in the PAL and NTSC-U versions, while in NTSC-J version is correct.

Same for the Used Screens:

ASTON-USED-BUY.HTM
CHEVROLET-USED-BUY.HTM
CHRYSLER-USED-BUY.HTM
TVR-USED-BUY.HTM

But these are only available in GT Trial Version.

Also here what Special Screens look in GT Trial Version for the Western Dealership:

View attachment 553767

I see this "glitch" is only affected in the PAL and NTSC-U versions, while in NTSC-J version is correct.

Pretty corrupt graphics when you swap .HTMs out that are soon to be deleted in the full game.

Some findings I found in the SCUS-94257 demo (March 23, 1998 revision; the final US 1.0 is dated April 15, 1998):

XQCpRsi.png

The NSX-R LM GT2 is here as it appears in the PAL version with Honda decals (you can even view it in the Honda dealership, since this demo allows access for simulation mode!). However, the car name still says NSX-R GT1 Turbo, the Japanese Honda special model.

l1x1VfZ.png

gIUQhxP.png

The [R]Griffith 500 retains the Japanese design here, before being changed to a generic Tuscan Challenge livery. Unfortunately, the [R]Griffith 4.0/B340 cannot be viewed; attempting to doing so will crash the game.

lxH9fuo.png

The NB Miata name is already in the game, but the car model isn't. Instead, a NA Miata in Silver Stone Metallic with leather top (something not offered in the final game) appears instead as a placeholder. This applies to both the main car and the duplicate.

Also, it appears that this demo is "timebombed" - if you leave the game in the menus too long, it will eventually return to demo race.

:)

Last edited:
Very interesting find @tankuroded. Nice job.

Also, when looking inside game files in GT Test Drive, i discover there is car who got cut during the later demos and full release:

PSDX6D3D002.jpg

In the later demos and full release only the TypeM version is available.
The car codename for the TypeS version is "ns33n"; the TypeM version is "nt33n".

Someone found the Honda one, it was from a brochure I believe.

Hold on, I'll see if I can find it...

Edit: couldn't find it on the forums, but I think this is the image:
7824748982_2445e73003.jpg

Here's a really similar one to the Mazda, but it isn't the same
fe91d14eb099192001afbeddecac4308.jpg

I found something
PR_1.jpg

Same number plate as the one in the Mazda dealer, 335 YMT 27

It was me who found the Honda pic (unless there was someone before me). It is from a 1997 Japanese brochure for the NSX - the Type-S zero version, to be precise.
BTW, I was searching for that RX-7 picture for ages and didn't find it. Where is it from?

It was me who found the Honda pic (unless there was someone before me). It is from a 1997 Japanese brochure for the NSX - the Type-S zero version, to be precise.
BTW, I was searching for that RX-7 picture for ages and didn't find it. Where is it from?
I found a blog with a decent resolution of the image:
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/userid/2428182/blog/37565883/

Oddly, it was posted this year

Another oddity I noticed in the SCUS-94257 demo: I just found out that the RX-7 FC description in this build are strangely in German. :confused:

I randomly decided to watch the Test Drive build and the Trial Version side by side, and I noticed a big change. The change came in the handing system, in the Trial Version it feels very loose and more arcadish, but in the Test Drive build it looks more realistic, kinda looks a bit like GT3's handling system. In fact, the entire physics model may have changed, since the completely stock NSX on the Trial Version looks much faster than the racing modded GTO in the Test Drive build.

Hey guys, new here. Thought I'd quickly make an account now after reading through this massive thread :D. I believe I have found the PAL GameShark code for the 'END' track in GT1, they are as follows. Let me know if it works!

300B620C003E

Not really. There just hasn't been any new discovery in a while. We pretty much know all there is unless we find a new unknown demo somewhere...

Latest Posts

Back