Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things GT1 Version

Can someone please get the GT1 beta wheels file for me please? With correct beta gt1 wheel coloring in prefered .bmp format is fine with me, can use .png as well, but obviously .tim format is better. I don't know how to extract them. Reason I would like to have the gt1 beta wheels is so I can port them into gt2 and make "beta" gt2 cars. I.e. use the beta rims on the 2nd gt2 demo build mini cooper to make the famed "e3" beta mini in early screen shots.

Thank you,

Brandon

You mean, from GT1 demos then? If yes, they're going to be "glitched" jus like early GT2 demos, simply because GT1 used lower resolution wheels. I've tried upscaling them, but the results are always bad. I have savestates that would give you some beta and final GT1 wheels, but I haven't extracted them with psxVram yet.

Yeah, the 5spoke gunmetal grey ones or what ever color they are. They where used in GT1 test drive and GT1 trial version and also used in the e3 gt2 demo pictures and stuff.

These:

Screenshot_2017-02-28-14-41-22.png

Screenshot_2017-02-28-14-41-06.png

Screenshot_2017-02-28-14-19-41.png

Screenshot_2017-02-28-14-18-54.png

Those wheels is what I am after. Like the early beta gt2 mini cooper and early beta gt2 bmw 3series compact.

And ANY gt1 stuff will always look horrid when upscaled for gt2. Nameplates are some of the worst. But I didn't extract them using vram, as I still don't know how to use vram. I screen captured a few of the nameplates on my android and then worked each pixel one at a time to make my "dodge cooperhead" nameplate for gt2 clearer and cleaner, ugh.

Thats engrish for you.... lmao

EDIT (june 11th 7:25pm): the modding of gt1 comes a step closer, and also its now possible to port gt1 engine sounds to gt2!

Proof of GT1 modding: tried to port early beta 240sx rm into final but messed up on my counting in hex and it ended up on the civic instead.

CAR012_SCREENSHOT.png

Last edited:
MattJ155 has made a video documenting 8 car races on GT Test Drive:

Now that I watch this, didn't some guy get 13 cars or something like that to work once? I remember being at one of the Special Stage tracks.

Yeah , It was me :) I tried to increase the number and the maximum that can be loaded are 13, but only on some tracks :)

Edit : video lags because my old laptop lags, but game runs normally :)

I am having such a hard time with psxvram...... finally opened up sstates, either raw or .gzip upacked, but once I have the picture opened up, it won't let me do anything else but move the little box around. I have psxvram, psxvram-sdl-masters, and pvv psxvram program. Only the "sdl-masters" will view gt1 trial sstates, ugh. How do extract the dang picutre? Hey Submaniac93, can you give me a crash corse? Lol

I did manage to extract the car gt1 trial and final nameplates as .tim files with a different program(just a few minutes ago) only a very few small amount (5 nameplates total so far out of 20 cars I have tried, am I doing something wrong?) from the sstates too!

Edit!

Last edited:
WASD (not ZQSD) to move the viewer's region. Arrow keys to move the palette finder ( + shaped cursor). Shift to move pixel by pixel.
7, 8, or 9 to view the correct type of pictures, i foget which exaclty, but as long as it's not stretched in the viewer and you have color, you're good to go.

Once you find the texture area you want to extract, you'll need to find the color palette area that's going to be placed differently for every game, but always the same spot for a single game.
You will not get the whole palette in one go. Car palettes are usually around 6-8 different palette pixels before you get everything, for a single color.
Since psxvram is only a viewer, you'll have to screencap and save in an image editor to get your texture sheet.

Sstates must be extracted in raw format to be able to find anything.

So sstate_12.001 -> sstate_12.gz
Extract file. Use extracted file.

It should work for any game. I've gotten textures from every GT demo.

WASD (not ZQSD) to move the viewer's region. Arrow keys to move the palette finder ( + shaped cursor). Shift to move pixel by pixel.
7, 8, or 9 to view the correct type of pictures, i foget which exaclty, but as long as it's not stretched in the viewer and you have color, you're good to go.

Once you find the texture area you want to extract, you'll need to find the color palette area that's going to be placed differently for every game, but always the same spot for a single game.
You will not get the whole palette in one go. Car palettes are usually around 6-8 different palette pixels before you get everything, for a single color.
Since psxvram is only a viewer, you'll have to screencap and save in an image editor to get your texture sheet.

Sstates must be extracted in raw format to be able to find anything.

So sstate_12.001 -> sstate_12.gz
Extract file. Use extracted file.

It should work for any game. I've gotten textures from every GT demo.

Thank you, Yeah I got the top part, the 2nd part is where I was getting lost, idk I had to screencap vram, ugh, I'm such a tard.....

And yeah I got that bit about unzipping them.... with yuri99 it gives me a few nameplates as .tim files but not every sstates does it.

Also while messing around with psx programs, I found a gt.psr plugin in psxmc I can't get to work. Also in the same program directory, which also includes cdzedit, there is a japanese help file that talks about opening dat files in gt2, but I have no clue what it says........

While reading the article about why a GT remaster will never happen, I spotted something in one of the posters.

gt-gamepro-ad-crop-1-1200x675.png

I don't recall seeing a green Supra in GT1 (besides one of the RMs of the older Supra). And I'm too lazy to check my NTSC-J copy. :P

There were dark green Supras in GT1. Its most likely that PD changed the shade during developement. Well that or someone edited the saturation on those car renders.

I'd actually say the latter, because if you notice that on the image the blue MX-5 and Mitsubishi GTO RMs seem to appear brighter on the poster than they actually do in-game.

Been a while since I came here. So I looked through GT1's engine sound files and compiled my results in a .txt (same as I did for GT2)
Look for the GT1 Engine Sound Database on my presentation page: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/hello-sub93-here-d.341451/

Also, more relevant to actual hidden things, there is 1 unused engine + exhaust combo in the game. It's most likely a race car that was cut, as the exhaust note is that of a NSX with race exhaust. However, the "interior" sound is that of either the Celica SS-II, or a Civic, as there is a distinct tone shift at 6500rpm.

I also found multiple variants of the AI sound. 5 total.

I'll link a video soon.

Edit:

Last edited:
It seems to me that there are two distinct changes in sound (one at 4500 rpm and the second is at as you say 6500rpm.

File 057 is definitely used in GT2.

And here comes Gran Turismo Trial Version's hidden sounds.

Note: Final GT1's unused engine + exhaust combo (and presumed by me to be Civic or Celica SS-II race car) is also present in this version.

47 file sounds Okay for AI sound.
48 that idle sound is fantastic. Just close your eyes and you are standing in front of the Supra with bonnet opened.
49 sounds better in higher rev than 48.
50 sounds great at the middle revs.
51 sounds like tuned Honda/Toyota. (Civic/Del-Sol/Celica...)
208 is plain horrible :D

Offtopic but why did the A.I had their own generic sounds rather than their actual car? To run the game smoother? And is it just in the first two GT titles that did this?

So has anyone dug deep into gt1 dat files? After exploding them, all into more .dat files, then wordpadding some of them turns out alot of them lists as gt.arc, .inst and few more with the file headers..... I also did find some random .txt styled files (as a .dat) that listed abunch of stuff like parts names and others example: aston_mission1.stm and many more. And I found the gt1 gt mode menu sound files I think...... (aka honda dealership tune, ect.)

Im diggin into gt1 to mod gt2..... thats twisted, lol.

Back