Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things GT1 Version

That's Jason Page's soundcloud. Aka the guy behind GT1's PAL/USA ost

Edit: aaand i had misread your comment so this was a pointless explanation lol.

Last edited:
Found this. Same guy who made the Western soundtrack. Sounds like something that could've been in the game.

This is the greatest soundtrack that I've ever heared. Where have you found that? I want it as ringtone lol

@Sal_89 Well the shared song is a soundcloud upload lol. Go there then under the song click the Plus button then download the file (it may or may not be available, because that's up tot he author to decide)

I have a program which could download songs from soundcloud, regardless if the artist wanted us to download or not, but its no longer working. Guess they made some changes to the site to prevent that :)

Oh, and very nice find, thank you sir!

Bit silly question but how do you get the individual pages of The menus/GT mode as HTM files like its described on TCRF? Anyone know how to get the tool for it?

The tool is currently unreleased to the public. .htm files aren't viewable images anyways, so unless you would like to look a them on a hex editor, they don't have any use right now.

Found this. Same guy who made the Western soundtrack. Sounds like something that could've been in the game.

This sounds like a cut manufacturer theme. I know it's wishful thinking, but were there any manufacturers found in the files that didn't make it to the final game?

I decided to comb through GT1 Trial Demo's files a bit and found some new unused stuff! Some are more interesting than others, and a few are... very crispy muahahah

So. I strongly suggest having the TCRF page open at the same time in order to compare how the following screen are different.

First, we start with the less interesting ones:

Yes, a broken screen. I don't know what it is. But it's there.

_unknown.png

I also found what I think is an unused VS screen.

vs.png

GT League: The differences with the USED screens in GT1 Trial is the GO RACE______________________CHAMPIONSHIP top layer, and the bottom half, with sometimes a different checker flag transition and the little license logos.

gt1trial_gtf-gt-s.png
gt1trial_gtf-gt-c.png
gt1trial_gtf-gt-g.png
gt1trial_gtf-gt-w.png

Then we have the Special Events championship screens that have the same differences as above. With one exception being the FR cup, which uses what became the NTSC-USA screen for it.

gt1trial_gtf-special_4.png
gtf-special-ff.png
gtf-special-fr.png
gtf-special-l.png
gtf-special-n.png
gtf-special-t.png

Now, we'll have some screens that at some point were made to be accessed via the Special Events menu, not the main map screen. Same differences. The license menus have different logos, which might not look weird to you, because they are what we got in the final build, but Trial Demo uses a different set that has the logos shining with a 3D effect.

gtf-gtf-test-400.png
gtf-license.png
gtf-license-a.png
gtf-license-b.png
gtf-license-ia.png

Now we're talking interesting changes. Menu changes. Here comes the GTF menus.

Yes, this is the GT League and Special Events icons and names sometime during production. Central League being GT League, Special League being Special Events.
gt1trial_gtf.png

Central League looked like this. A slightly different layout than what's used in GTTrial.

gt1trial_gtf-gt.png

And Special League looks like this.
gt1trial_gtf-special.png

I then found an unused GT Hi-Fi screen

gtf-special-hifi.png

AND FINALLY. THE ONE YOU'VE NEVER EXPECTED. THE CREME DE LA CREME. A screen that I think has never been seen before.

gtf-special-drift.png

Yes. Drift School.
DORIFTOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
I decided to comb through GT1 Trial Demo's files a bit and found some new unused stuff! Some are more interesting than others, and a few are... very crispy muahahah

So. I strongly suggest having the TCRF page open at the same time in order to compare how the following screen are different.

First, we start with the less interesting ones:

Yes, a broken screen. I don't know what it is. But it's there.

View attachment 846747

I also found what I think is an unused VS screen.

View attachment 846768

GT League: The differences with the USED screens in GT1 Trial is the GO RACE______________________CHAMPIONSHIP top layer, and the bottom half, with sometimes a different checker flag transition and the little license logos.

View attachment 846752 View attachment 846750 View attachment 846751 View attachment 846753

Then we have the Special Events championship screens that have the same differences as above. With one exception being the FR cup, which uses what became the NTSC-USA screen for it.

View attachment 846755 View attachment 846762 View attachment 846763 View attachment 846765 View attachment 846766 View attachment 846767

Now, we'll have some screens that at some point were made to be accessed via the Special Events menu, not the main map screen. Same differences. The license menus have different logos, which might not look weird to you, because they are what we got in the final build, but Trial Demo uses a different set that has the logos shining with a 3D effect.

View attachment 846756 View attachment 846757 View attachment 846758 View attachment 846759 View attachment 846760

Now we're talking interesting changes. Menu changes. Here comes the GTF menus.

Yes, this is the GT League and Special Events icons and names sometime during production. Central League being GT League, Special League being Special Events.
View attachment 846748

Central League looked like this. A slightly different layout than what's used in GTTrial.

View attachment 846749

And Special League looks like this.
View attachment 846754

I then found an unused GT Hi-Fi screen

View attachment 846764

AND FINALLY. THE ONE YOU'VE NEVER EXPECTED. THE CREME DE LA CREME. A screen that I think has never been seen before.

View attachment 846761

Yes. Drift School.
DORIFTOOOOOOOO

DRIFT SCHOOL!? WHY POLYPHONY REMOVED THIS!?
And I never expected that was also an early GT Hi-Fi mode

This is quite a discovery.

DRIFT SCHOOL!? WHY POLYPHONY REMOVED THIS!?

Honestly it makes sense to me that they removed it from the game. It is possible there were issues with creating a legitimate way for the game to detect oversteer.

Also, this type of driving isn’t effective in most motorsports, only something such as rally or the actual sport of drifting requires it. There aren’t any events in the final game that require it either.

This is quite a discovery.

Honestly it makes sense to me that they removed it from the game. It is possible there were issues with creating a legitimate way for the game to detect oversteer.

Also, this type of driving isn’t effective in most motorsports, only something such as rally or the actual sport of drifting requires it. There aren’t any events in the final game that require it either.
It was probably more for fun than anything

I simply think that the reason for the removal of the "Drift School" mode is simply due to the physics of the Gran Turismo 1 itself. Where it is enough to press the brake and the cars depart from the tail, it does not take an astrophysicist to understand that it would not come out well as a mode.

I also agree with he fact GT1 physics would't work for drifting. PD would have had to make a whole separate set of physics for it to work well, which i'm sure is quite complex.

Oh wow. The fact that they planned drifting as soon as the very first game is crazy, not gonna lie. GT5 was the first game with an actual Drift Mode, wasn't it? That means this mode was in works for around 13 years.

If the drift school was implemented, I guess the Viper and the MR2 would be suitable as test cars because of their handling being so deadly.

Oh wow. The fact that they planned drifting as soon as the very first game is crazy, not gonna lie. GT5 was the first game with an actual Drift Mode, wasn't it? That means this mode was in works for around 13 years.

Because GT5P's physics was the first game where it was possible to drift kind of naturally :)

I simply think that the reason for the removal of the "Drift School" mode is simply due to the physics of the Gran Turismo 1 itself. Where it is enough to press the brake and the cars depart from the tail, it does not take an astrophysicist to understand that it would not come out well as a mode.

Just set your rear brake balance to half (maybe only a quarter) to what the front setting is.

GT1 was also going to have aero parts as upgrades, like GT5. The demos have a file that would have listed the parts, along with the wheel shop that debuted in GT2 instead.

Back