Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things GT1 Version

The 1967 Corvette Stingray does occur legitimately in GT1 Simulation Mode, but only as an AI competitor, and only at the Trial Mountain spot race.

gt2toxs.webring.org/gt/simray/

https://toxs.net/~gt2toxs/gt/simray/

webring.org/gt/simray/simray3.jpg
simray3.jpg

Last edited:
Huh, almost forgot about that site Sportwagon. I'm pretty sure you covered almost every hidden thing in GT1, really.

those two buttons, already and the jpn text, I tried translating the text by finding the symbols on a list and copying and pasting the text to google translate. i only found the second and last characters, and it makes: see error. i'll try harder to find the other two.

Matt J. put a video of this I think, a video of the trial version of this game, with the Japanese OST of the game.And it has the same menu.

I can link it up for you if you want.Matt J is one of the guys that also search for hidden things in GT games, I think.

Sorry to bring up old stuff, but just reading this now.

Was anyone else surprised to hear that this demo has GT2's music in many places? does this mean they made a whole bunch of music for GT1 but held it off for the next game to give GT1 a definitive electronica theme? (Which I preferred over the jazz)

blew my mind.

No, these are original songs for japanese mutation of GT1. They remixed those songs for EU/US version of GT2 (not sure about Japanese ver). They Mostly made the songs quicker.
Sounds great in both occasions.

karelpipa, if I recall, they completely changed all the menu musics for Western versions. I listened both Japanese and Western versions of the game's menu music on jerichoholicpaul20's YouTube account, and it is very different. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, here's beta [R]Mirage in the intro:

betamirage.png

:)

I just noticed that the Japanese and American versions have different fonts in stuff like "Change Color" and labels for max speed, acceleration, and handling (in arcade mode) as well in the telemetry (lap number - "LAP" is all-caps in NTSC-J, lap time, records, etc). ;)

A few things that really fooled me about gran turismo 1 as a kid (i was born in 1990) that when i originally asked my dad to buy it for me (after getting the game on that interactive disc vol 7) which i still have, it came with my psx purchase.. (it was a timed demo, which cut you out after so many mins cant remember..and can only play NSX, 276ps subaru impreza R in bright red or blue (why was it on 276ps and yet keeping up with the AI which were also R's), or corvette (any color) and i can only do "club man stage"...When we got it, it was 39.99 used at the gaming store this was 98' for sure. And went and took it home etc, and i had the toughest time figuring out why i couldn't race in the simulation mode (me being bosnian/serbian and not accustomed to english i couldnt realize that i had to purchase a used car to race with, took me 2-3 hours and my friend suggested that maybe we should try to buy a car first)....wondering if any of you guys had random issues when you were a kid playing this game for first time (teens dont count lol) and long story short..the one thing that always puzzled me was...why did the disc case of gran turismo 1 have that groove of another disc that can fit in there but really wasnt it..and only had 1 disc? I always pondered maybe it was a reserved spot for gran turismo CD music? What do you guys think...i know it had the 2 booklets plus the game itsself, but what about that other end where it looks like there could have been another disc involved...was it purely to fit the booklets...hmm..

Tankuroded i have destruction derby 2...as a greatest hits with the single disc..but i have the original casings of the Twisted metal 1...it was that huge booklet that you can open weirdly they stopped making them that big around 96 i believe.

Another strange thing just happened to me... ill say everything i did from start to finish during my game play and you guys decipher what happened because i have no idea..turned on game, went to simulation mode, loaded my file from memory card #2 (just where my psx card is placed im playing on my ps2 slim) loaded it..first thing i did was sell my very bottom car on my list..LM chaser..then hopped into my LM nismo r33 (the silver one with the black rims and blue lip you can win) and raced/beat the GT league cup called "GT cup" (silver trophy as the icon).. i won every match #1..and at the end when it said continue i clicked that and it said congrats and it paid me...then it said "click any button" (then it says you've won a car etc) but when it said click any button i clicked R2 R1 L2 L1 and start and select at the same time (just always trying to see if i can come up with some cheats :P lol) and it went through like normal (sent me back to the map) and so then i navigated to my garage..and went to see what car i won.. and apparently on that GT cup..as a trophy you win the LM chaser...but...i won two of them...it gave me two. i didnt save the game after i sold my orignal one or do anything like that..it gave me two?!? anyone had this happen?

I just picked up Gran Turismo 1 again, and I've just barely scratched the surface but in the FR challenge I "discovered" that there are multiple cars that you can get from winning the series. The first play through I won a Silva S13, in a nice "emerald" green. Then I played through again and won a purple Sil-Eighty. I'm not sure if they're really considered "hidden" cars, but some people may not have discovered them, because people generally only do each series once. It's been quite a while since I've played this game thoroughly though, so feel free to let me know if it's nothing special.

Gran Turismo ™;8114615
Tankuroded i have destruction derby 2...as a greatest hits with the single disc..but i have the original casings of the Twisted metal 1...it was that huge booklet that you can open weirdly they stopped making them that big around 96 i believe.

Another strange thing just happened to me... ill say everything i did from start to finish during my game play and you guys decipher what happened because i have no idea..turned on game, went to simulation mode, loaded my file from memory card #2 (just where my psx card is placed im playing on my ps2 slim) loaded it..first thing i did was sell my very bottom car on my list..LM chaser..then hopped into my LM nismo r33 (the silver one with the black rims and blue lip you can win) and raced/beat the GT league cup called "GT cup" (silver trophy as the icon).. i won every match #1..and at the end when it said continue i clicked that and it said congrats and it paid me...then it said "click any button" (then it says you've won a car etc) but when it said click any button i clicked R2 R1 L2 L1 and start and select at the same time (just always trying to see if i can come up with some cheats :P lol) and it went through like normal (sent me back to the map) and so then i navigated to my garage..and went to see what car i won.. and apparently on that GT cup..as a trophy you win the LM chaser...but...i won two of them...it gave me two. i didnt save the game after i sold my orignal one or do anything like that..it gave me two?!? anyone had this happen?

Wow, I never knew the Nismo R33 LM Roadcar was actually in the game until you said how you got it. :ill: (I'm serious btw, I really didn't know.:guilty:)

Wow, I never knew the Nismo R33 LM Roadcar was actually in the game until you said how you got it. :ill: (I'm serious btw, I really didn't know.:guilty:)

That isn't how you get it, i was referring to how i randomly got two of the same prize car after only doing the league one time, I just happened to use that car to win. To win the Nismo R33 you must complete the SSR11 All Night Endurance Race II.

On the Supra texture again, right?

Anyway, found this, never seen this button used. Does the Japanese say the same thing as the English?
already2.png

The first letter is ka second letter is Ro third letter is e the two others i am not sure about.

Polys Entertainment was the previous name for Polyphony Digital. It's logo appears on certain parts of the game as far as I know.

Can you find some other? I would be glad and happy if you'll post one screen i like the most. (its in PAL version in Gran Turismo League - 3rd championship (its GT Cup i think - after the Clubman Cup). It is from SSR5/CSR5.

That picture is also on the 'Notice' screen before the intro as well.

Incoming inaccessible Test Drive disc menus.

GARAGE_zpsff1f3769.png

LOADSAVE_zpsdca1558f.png

GTFSPECIAL_zpsf48d9089.png

GTFMENU_zps0b7daa2b.png

GTFLICENSE_zpsc432ae3a.png

(License Tests actually work!)

GTFCHAMP_zps848f612c.png

SiVTEC_zpse1aca12e.png

THEATER_zpsc76c21c6.png

RIDE_zpsd018eb33.png

MYHOME_zps166c7c6a.png

OPTION_zpsdea10c5a.png

And a shot of the license test.

LICENSE_zps2976164a.png

How you get into those menus? Can you show a video to us, Xenn? :)

[
GTFCHAMP_zps848f612c.png

• Sunday Cup
  • Clubman Cup
  • GT Cup
  • GT World Cup
  • [not sure - a nation vs nation series?]
  • [ditto?]
  • [ditto?]
  • FF Challenge
  • FR Challenge
  • Normal Car Series?