Seasonal Alfa Romeo MiTo and 15th Anniversary Cars

I guess it's the end of GT6 seasonal events for me. 400k for two minutes of driving? History is just repeating itself here. Meaning, that they (PDI) release seasonal events that have large payouts, and then that will make the A-spec redundant and makes it too easy to earn credits just as it was in GT5.

Perhaps you really can't teach an old dog new tricks.

It is SO boring that half the people are complaining about micro-transactions and low payouts for the events, and the other half are complaining about high payouts in seasonals... If you don't like high payouts, buy the most expensive car you can and then sell it for a fraction of the price. Voila, you get rid of the unwanted money.

I would personally prefer A-spec career events having a better payout and seasonals having lower, but anyway, I can live with how things are. I intend to complete A-spec because that's the point of playing the game, not because of the money, and it's also nice to get some good money to be able to buy the more expensive cars, even if I have to play seasonals with "unrealistic" payouts.

And btw I didn't use the 20MM glitch; and I will wait 3 more days to play those new seasonals, until my bonus is 200%. Just so I can get some good money to buy some expensive cars as I said. But I'm not complaining, I will just take advantage of the rules as they are.

He's right. I hope this isn't a trend for PD. Getting a third of a million for a couple laps is ridiculous, but making it a one time payout sort of lessens the blow. After all, a fully tuned car costs 200k+. I think these seasonals should pay no more than 75k, with the 200% login bonus totaling at 150k. Otherwise it makes owning rare cars the same as owning a Fit. I bet half of you cheat for your money anyways so why would you care?

Anyone got some tips for me regarding the MiTo Seasonal? Stuck at 1.03.765 in a completely stock car. Traction Control 5, ABS 1, everything else off.

By the way, the MiTo is totally tunable for this event. I cut weight and then ballasted it to get the balance closer to 50/50 (got it to 54/46, if memory serves), played with the suspension and brake balance, toyed with the final drive ratio a bit to get it out of the curves quicker, and still had some room under the PP cap to do intake tuning and computer upgrade for the ECU. Made golding the first lap a cinch.

I really wish PD would keep doing this for seasonals, letting us set the car up a bit for our particular driving styles. Probably not going to happen, but I dug it.

Get rid of TCS.

Or if you must have it, dial it down to no higher than "1". Something like the MiTo doesn't really have enough power to overwhelm its tires on launch, so TCS @ 5 is just killing any acceleration you're trying to get coming off the corners.

He's right. I hope this isn't a trend for PD. Getting a third of a million for a couple laps is ridiculous, but making it a one time payout sort of lessens the blow. After all, a fully tuned car costs 200k+. I think these seasonals should pay no more than 75k, with the 200% login bonus totaling at 150k. Otherwise it makes owning rare cars the same as owning a Fit. I bet half of you cheat for your money anyways so why would you care?

What's the point of a video game if you can only own Fits? And if you need to "work" thousands of hours if you want to buy a rare car? Better to work thousands of hours in real life and buy a real exotic car! Nobody buys a PS3 and GT just to drive a Fit, you buy it to drive Ferraris and McLarens and Lambos which you can't drive in real life!

If it had to be so realistic, you would buy Call of Duty, get killed in the first 5min and NOT be able to ever play again - now THAT would be realistic!

Took your advice, and tuned the MiTo some after getting rid of TCS. With weight reduction stage 3, ballast to 150 kilos and 50% to the rear, the car is 54/46. I applied the Racing: Hard suspension, the sports brake kit and the transmission upgrades. With a very mediocre run I had 1.02,701 on the first try. Thanks! :cheers:

To be fair, I never complained about GT6's A-Spec paying too little.

I'm always in the minority due to my odd logic. And I'm fine with that. Because in a year from now when GT6 is unbalanced just like GT5 due to these events paying too much credits for little effort, and when most people start complaining that it's too easy to earn credits, as like GT5, all I and this group of very very minorities can do is sit back and laugh.

I didn't do the 20mil credit glitch - so these events and bonuses will give us a straight-up, non-glitchy way to earn credits within the established perimeters of the game. Or - playing by the rules.

If you had the opportunity to earn 20 times your annual salary for far little work IRL - wouldn't you take advantage of it?

I'm not trying to blast you at all! :D - I'm just pointing out a different philosophy.

In a game with TONS of cars to buy, and some of the best cars ever made with the astronomical cost of 20mln, easy money are always a GOOD thing.
You can use your Anniversary car to make the game easy, even a glitch which is easier than make a lap around the Route X with a Red Bull X2010...
At least you need a bit of ability to get those 'easy' money, but I don't blame anyone, as long as you use cheats to make the game easier without ruining 'honest' people online experience (*coff* modded gt5 cars in public servers *coff*) it's all fine.
Just enjoy the game as you want.

was around 30th place on the Mito event a couple of hours ago. ill try the tune i just saw here tomorrow :)
hope to reach the top 10 with it

My setup for the Alpha Romeo MiTo, good enough for 1st place! ;)
I would appreciate if the owner of this thread would put it in the OP so it's easier for people to find 👍

Great Tune! but surely you could go faster with a stage 3 turbo installed, no?

Absolutely! It's actually a really great circuit! I think I enjoy it more than the full circuit! :lol: But I'm probably biased because I was faster than the instructor around here :sly:

I would appreciate if the owner of this thread would put it in the OP so it's easier for people to find 👍
d

Done

Thanks for the tune. I was struggling for gold morning, but got on my second try this. And it only took two tries because I cocked up a turn on the first one. I'll blame the drugs they me after having my wisdom teeth out today.

Back