Seattle Circuit

• Thread starter HarVee
  • 107 comments
One of the most recognized and popular fictional circuits ever to grace the Gran Turismo community. It is most commonly remembered for its Uphill/Downhill (Depending on which course direction chosen) "Jumps".

240px-SeattleCircuit.jpg

One of the GT greats, no muscle car race series is the same without this track

One of the GT greats, no muscle car race series is the same without this track

You just said one of the most incredible things i heard. And you're right. No muscle car race is the same without this track and also the American Race Cars Tournament. (Remember? The one where you race against the cheater Chaparral 2J. It's fan is what inspired the Red Bull designer to make the Xs Fan)

You just said one of the most incredible things i heard. And you're right. No muscle car race is the same without this track and also the American Race Cars Tournament. (Remember? The one where you race against the cheater Chaparral 2J. It's fan is what inspired the Red Bull designer to make the Xs Fan)

Yes I remember it well, great racing, it is THE muscle car track, I also loved New York

Yes I remember it well, great racing, it is THE muscle car track, I also loved New York

I also like New York, and it's also on Forza 3 (the only Forza i played yet. TBH, this maked me somewhat of a fan of the series and i'm looking forward to play the others). But i HATE the version with the "slalom" corner. I hate the person at Turn 10 that designed that 🤬

I also like New York, and it's also on Forza 3 (the only Forza i played yet. TBH, this maked me somewhat of a fan of the series and i'm looking forward to play the others). But i HATE the version with the "slalom" corner. I hate the person at Turn 10 that designed that 🤬

Yes I too played Forza 3 although I was using it as a stop gap for GT5 and I was not a fan of that corner.

I played Forza 3 because i didn't had a PS3 at that time. I only got it on Dec 2012

Well my son has a PS4 and I've seen nothing on there that would make me want one at the moment, the PS3 still seems very current especially with a game like GT6...who needs next gen?

Well my son has a PS4 and I've seen nothing on there that would make me want one at the moment, the PS3 still seems very current especially with a game like GT6...who needs next gen?

How can a console be Next-gen if the gen today is already the "next-gen" people talk about. :lol:

How can a console be Next-gen if the gen today is already the "next-gen" people talk about. :lol:

It certainly seems, up till now, that this generational leap is no where near the leap from ps2 to ps3, I think the main problem is the amount of titles that are cross generation and the so called next gen games like Forza 5 and Killzone were most probably hampered by the launch window. The next wave of games will give us a better idea of what the new consoles can do.

I totally agree with you @Logoncal21. In the trailer of the NSX Concept there were some points in the video that showed the car running in a town very similar to Seattle. Watch this...

seattle-2-638x358-jpg.93909

...and this

seattle-1-638x358.jpg

The video also showed parts from Apricot Hill. Now we see that PD brought both NSX and Apricot Hill, so... maybe we can continue to hope for Seattle too ;)

Last edited:
I guess Peyton Manning wanted Seattle to be in GT6.

I liked the bus stop chicane over the rail road tracks near the stadiums... Big flat curbs that were fun to trundle over with two wheels. They sort of upset the car so you had to get the the car up after curb hoping for the next set (Right/left - left/right).

Top Fun.

Part of the GT Seattle Circuit is undergoing a massive construction project. The double-decker highway is being replaced by a tunnel, and the surface streets that were used along the start/finish straight are being redone. Perhaps PD was unable to finish updating the track before construction began, or perhaps they had a GT6 quality version for the NSX trailer, but trashed it because it was no longer representative of real life. The bulk of the circuit is still in tact, so a re-worked version with a modified start/finish straight would be awesome as soon as the construction is finished in the GT7/GT8 timeframe.

This picture is concept art for the new surface street. More info is at the Washington State DOT.

12%20Proposed%20Vision%20for%20the%20Seattle%20Waterfront%20-%20view%20south.jpg

Real image of Seattle, showing the double-decker highway.

Alaskan-Way-Viaduct.jpg

I just hope PD tweaks it a bit so cars aren't flying through the air. I know we all want realism but I'm okay if we smooth those out, last thing I want to see is another Cape Ring! Definitely need an American street circuit in GT6, just leave out the bumps!

I just hope PD tweaks it a bit so cars aren't flying through the air. I know we all want realism but I'm okay if we smooth those out, last thing I want to see is another Cape Ring! Definitely need an American street circuit in GT6, just leave out the bumps!

No, we need the bumps, the ' 3 steps ' up the hill is part of what made the track unique, having to slam the brakes on to make that top corner...awesome stuff : )

One of the most recognized and popular fictional circuits ever to grace the Gran Turismo community. It is most commonly remembered for its Uphill/Downhill (Depending on which course direction chosen) "Jumps".

240px-SeattleCircuit.jpg

Ahh...my old friend Seattle...thank you HarVee!

As it so happens, I got to re-experience GT4 and Seattle again on Sunday. My FAT 160 died a sudden death from the Yellow Light of Death! The trusty PS2 Slim was put back in service. I never had it on a hi-def TV or rig, not to bad :cheers:

The two versions of that track should be considered, too. The short track is fun, too, because you could be in the same place, different track,. It's like autumn ring and the mini.

Nonono.... They Should Pull A Gran Turismo 1 Trial Mountain. There's accidentally 2 versions of the same track, and one included a jump (an actual jump) and one included a smoothed out version. I think that was a demo though. anyways, there was actual proof that it exists, and they had one on autumn ring, too, right before the tunnel (it may be the version of gran turismo 1, I had a japanese one and also the english one.) And There you have it. Both enthusiests have what they like.

Have anyone thinking about adding the new Seattle layout alongside with the old one (gt2-4)? Like brand hatch and monza where pd says they going to add the 80's version of it.

Back