Sebastian Vettel Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTPlanet is fairly depressing these days.

I love GTPlanet. I spend more time here than nearly any other website. But I have honestly never seen a worse collection of "fans" of a game series. The burning desire to complain on here is both confusing and depressing. Very often it's complaints about the same couple of things over and over again for no reason.

But! That only makes up part of the GTPlanet forums! There are areas for tuning, drag racing, drifting, photomode, seasonals and just plain racing. This is still easily the best GT website on the net and it's run by a great group of people who give us great access to the world of Gran Turismo.

Edit: Now if you don't mind, I think I'll go play GT6.

Quite frankly, this and many other features should have been in the game on launch. The fact that PD is falling behind on a schedule that shouldn't even exist is just sad.
If they had put it in on day 1 you would complain that it was half-🤬

I'd much rather take this approach and have each feature available when it's finally ready.

Our last resort is wait another 15 min, if not, then well... Pd screwed up. Big time.

Excuse my bluntness, but the way you talk about them screwing up 'Big time' implies long term ramifications e.g. lambasting in the gaming press, negative reviews, sharp sales declines, thousands of pissed off teenagers making youtube videos about it etc.

This is a delay of the addition of two in-game events, which a large percentage of GT6 owners aren't at all interested in, and it's technically been delayed for a few hours so far. Put it into perspective and don't be melodramatic.

I love GTPlanet. I spend more time here than nearly any other website. But I have honestly never seen a worse collection of "fans" of a game series. The burning desire to complain on here is both confusing and depressing. Very often it's complaints about the same couple of things over and over again for no reason.

But! That only makes up part of the GTPlanet forums! There are areas for tuning, drag racing, drifting, photomode, seasonals and just plain racing. This is still easily the best GT website on the net and it's run by a great group of people who give us great access to the world of Gran Turismo.

Edit: Now if you don't mind, I think I'll go play GT6.

True, GTPlanet is still a great place, I just need to leave the more demoralizing areas of it.

The burning desire to complain on here is both confusing and depressing. Very often it's complaints about the same couple of things over and over again for no reason.
If we could remedy this I'd be a happy, happy man. Unfortunately the complainers feed off of each other and the complaining festers.

Quite frankly, this and many other features should have been in the game on launch. The fact that PD is falling behind on a schedule that shouldn't even exist is just sad.

I don't see any other racing dev giving us this much free post-launch content and events, in addition to the already vast amount of content in the actual game. Would you rather have the whole game be delayed or will you allow them whatever time they need to finish their updates so that when they do get released, they don't appear rushed and shallow like the course creator and WRC events in GT5?

Excuse my bluntness, but the way you talk about them screwing up 'Big time' implies long term ramifications e.g. lambasting in the gaming press, negative reviews, sharp sales declines, thousands of pissed off teenagers making youtube videos about it etc.

This is a delay of the addition of two in-game events, which a large percentage of GT6 owners aren't at all interested in, and it's technically been delayed for a few hours so far. Put it into perspective and don't be melodramatic.

True, GTPlanet is still a great place, I just need to leave the more demoralizing areas of it.
Yes but it's kind of depressing that it seems everything in GT is delayed.... It would be laughable but now it's straight up ridiculous. It wouldn't even be as bad as to say early January. But the fact that they confirmed this date, and January 1st is almost no longer in existence anywhere, it's a bad call. And bad luck... They never get things out on time... So I guess the blames on me for assuming it'd meet them deadline.

If they had put it in on day 1 you would complain that it was half-🤬

I'd much rather take this approach and have each feature available when it's finally ready.
The problem is that we payed $60 and got an unfinished game. That's what people are angry about. PD rushed GT6 to get the game out as quickly as possible , now they are having to add the other 15% of the game through updates. I sometimes think they should have delayed GT6 so that bugs could be checked and that all of the content could be included (b-spec, track editor, improved engine sounds, etc.) instead of slowly getting the features that should have been in the game already. Though it would be a long wait just like GT5 was and there would be delay after delay which I think is why PD chose to release it quickly instead. I also somewhat agree with what PD chose to do as well.

Last edited:
Yes but it's kind of depressing that it seems everything in GT is delayed.... It would be laughable but now it's straight up ridiculous. It wouldn't even be as bad as to say early January. But the fact that they confirmed this date, and January 1st is almost no longer in existence anywhere, it's a bad call.

I'm a very critic GT player nowadays, mind you, but what things were delayed about GT6?

Just keep in mind that those of us who bothered to pay attention knew that there would be some content that would not be available at launch and some that may not be ready for 6 months or more. We had the option to wait before buying if that was important to us but many of us choose to buy it right away and enjoy it now while allowing them to update it as time goes by.

I have no complaints at present, just looking forward to the next update ;)

The problem is that we payed $60 and got an unfinished game. That's what people are angry about. PD rushed GT6 to get the game out as quickly as possible , now they are having to add the other 50% of the game through updates. I sometimes think they should have delayed GT6 so that bugs could be checked and that all of the content could be included (b-spec, track editor, improved engine sounds, etc.) instead of slowly getting the features that should have been in the game already. Though it would be a long wait just like GT5 was and there would be delay after delay which I think is why PD chose to release it quickly instead. I also somewhat agree with what PD chose to do as well.

We paid $60 for a game with much more content on the disc than any other racing game out there. Not to mention the b-spec, track editor, possibility of better sounds, 28+ Vision GT cars, are all going to be FREE. It's $60 well spent imo. If there are any complaints it's that GT fans are spoiled.

Last edited:
Yes but it's kind of depressing that it seems everything in GT is delayed.... It would be laughable but now it's straight up ridiculous. It wouldn't even be as bad as to say early January. But the fact that they confirmed this date, and January 1st is almost no longer in existence anywhere, it's a bad call.

What you're currently missing out on will probably contribute about 1-2% to overall game content. Don't worry about what PD should or shouldn't be doing or whether their missed deadlines are acceptable for a company of their size, 'incomplete product', PD hate American cars, PD this, PD that, blah blah etc., just play the game for what it is. Children don't go around worrying about a missing 1-2% of content, and they have a lot more fun than us teens and adults do.

The problem is that we payed $60 and got an unfinished game. That's what people are angry about. PD rushed GT6 to get the game out as quickly as possible , now they are having to add the other 50% of the game through updates. I sometimes think they should have delayed GT6 so that bugs could be checked and that all of the content could be included (b-spec, track editor, improved engine sounds, etc.) instead of slowly getting the features that should have been in the game already. Though it would be a long wait just like GT5 was and there would be delay after delay which I think is why PD chose to release it quickly instead. I also somewhat agree with what PD chose to do as well.
If they release the game with half the features out, people complain that they should have been in from the start.

If they try and put the features in at launch, people complain that everything is half finished.

If they hold the game back and try to finish the features up, people complain that the game is delayed.

People will never be happy. It's pretty sad actually. And it isn't fair to PD.

Seasonals came, finished 'em ( don't have any 15anni cars though :c )
I didn't download a mini-patch (or a full patch) though, did anyone?

No no. Everything in GT, as a series, seems delayed at some point.

Since this update is not related to previous iterations of the series, seems to me that you don't have a point in just saying the delay of a few hours, so far, is geting ridiculous.

We got the game on time, the M4, the Andretti car, X2014 Jr., and a lot of updates through out less than a month.

I'll join you in this rage about the delay a day from now.

We paid $60 for a game with much more content on the disc than any other racing game out there. Not to mention the b-spec, track editor, possibility of better sounds, 28+ Vision GT cars, are all going to be FREE. It's $60 well spent imo. If there are any complaints it's just that GT fans are spoiled.
Are you saying that I'm a complainer or do you disagree with my post or neither?

You don't learn, do you? It's time to give it up. Now.

I was just warned by a moderator but if you insist on asking I will answer.

I'm not going to give up. Sure PD has let many of us down but I'm not giving up
The memories are fresh with disappointments all the way from the much delayed release of GT5. But I don't give up on PD, for some reason I keep on playing, keep on waiting for things that have been promised. Why? Well the core of it is still good, and the PS3 is already in the livingroom, setting everything up on a computer is more of a hassle. But with GT6 I expected so much more than I got and, for me, that leaves a bitter taste. Still I've always given it one more chance, maybe this time they will actually deliver. But the bitter taste is growing and is fueled by seeing what other titles offer in terms of interesting and current car selection as well as other featuers that go beyond the core of a good physics engine, something that is no longer a unique feature of Gran Turismo. Yet I do give them one more chance, so I guess you're right, I never learn. But no, I'm not giving up just yet.

A lot of people are frustrated and feel cheated and ignored by PD. I think this community should be a place where people can express that disappointment and I do think others with me may feel that this is a bit taboo as these views never make the news side/front page of the site, something that probably furthers the frustration and the feeling of being pushed to the side. It would be nice to see an article that is a nuanced reflection on the reception of the game, one might say I'm looking for an unbiased review where both the good and the bad is shown.

In this thread I voiced the disappointment over the fact that I haven't been able to play the events I expected. I think it's only fair then that I can debate for my point of view: That the message in the event is quite clearly a lie. If someone thinks the opposite I think you'll agree that I have the right to defend my standpoint. I feel that my tone in my posts reflects the language of my quoters, though I haven't reflected their insults or profanities.

I agree that it may be a little petty to quoute the people who claimed to know for sure when they were proven wrong.

Maybe it's some sort of loyalty to the franchise that makes me want to voice my disappointment so much instead of packing up and leaving for something else.

Since this update is not related to previous iterations of the series, seems to me that you don't have a point in just saying the delay of a few hours, so far, is geting ridiculous.

We got the game on time, the M4, the Andretti car, X2014 Jr., and a lot of updates through out less than a month.

I'll join you in this rage about the delay a day from now.
Not a rage, but fair enough.

Are you saying that I'm a complainer or do you disagree with my post or neither?

I'm disagreeing with you saying it's an unfinished game. They already mapped out their plans for post-launch content and whatever is missing was decided long ago to not be included on launch. I'm also disagreeing with you saying that whatever they'll be adding for free later in the year accounts for "50%" of the game content. It's more like 3-5%

I was just warned by a moderator but if you insist on asking I will answer.

I'm not going to give up. Sure PD has let many of us down but I'm not giving up
The memories are fresh with disappointments all the way from the much delayed release of GT5. But I don't give up on PD, for some reason I keep on playing, keep on waiting for things that have been promised. Why? Well the core of it is still good, and the PS3 is already in the livingroom, setting everything up on a computer is more of a hassle. But with GT6 I expected so much more than I got and, for me, that leaves a bitter taste. Still I've always given it one more chance, maybe this time they will actually deliver. But the bitter taste is growing and is fueled by seeing what other titles offer in terms of interesting and current car selection as well as other featuers that go beyond the core of a good physics engine, something that is no longer a unique feature of Gran Turismo. Yet I do give them one more chance, so I guess you're right, I never learn. But no, I'm not giving up just yet.

A lot of people are frustrated and feel cheated and ignored by PD. I think this community should be a place where people can express that disappointment and I do think others with me may feel that this is a bit taboo as these views never make the news side/front page of the site, something that probably furthers the frustration and the feeling of being pushed to the side. It would be nice to see an article that is a nuanced reflection on the reception of the game, one might say I'm looking for an unbiased review where both the good and the bad is shown.

In this thread I voiced the disappointment over the fact that I haven't been able to play the events I expected. I think it's only fair then that I can debate for my point of view: That the message in the event is quite clearly a lie. If someone thinks the opposite I think you'll agree that I have the right to defend my standpoint. I feel that my tone in my posts reflects the language of my quoters, though I haven't reflected their insults or profanities.

I agree that it may be a little petty to quoute the people who claimed to know for sure when they were proven wrong.

Maybe it's some sort of loyalty to the franchise that makes me want to voice my disappointment so much instead of packing up and leaving for something else.

Oh come on, the GT6 reviews forum is about 85% negative, with a purely reactionary 15% battling against the waves of PD condemnation.

And also, everyone has the right to express an opinion, but in all seriousness why does it fel likethe same negative opinions get plastered everywhere, particularly as every negative aspect of GT6 has already been hyper-analysed?

I'm disagreeing with you saying it's an unfinished game. They already mapped out their plans for post-launch content and whatever is missing was decided long ago to not be included on launch. I'm also disagreeing with you saying that whatever they'll be adding for free later in the year accounts for "50%" of the game content. It's more like 3-5%
I'm sorry, the 50% was a typo, I'm very tired (it's 12:36 am or 0:36 where I live). I meant 15% as B-spec and the track editor are still big parts of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back