SEMA 2013 - People's choice award - Nov 5th

• Thread starter CTznOfTime
  • 557 comments
From the GT6 car list:
"34 - Chevrolet Nova SS '70"
This is also why I wanted a different car in GT6, so we can have something like the Pantera or the new Lexus IS... sigh.
I partially agree, but these are two very different Nova's.

1967-Chevrolet-Chevy-II-Nova-SS.jpg

chevrolet-nova-1970a.jpg

So it's not like we're getting cars that are almost identical to each other visually. Heck just about the only thing those two had in common were the name, manufacturer, driven wheels and size. And that was before Holstrom modified the heck out of the '67.

Also, we most likely wont see the '67 until GT7, so it's not like GT6's car list suddenly became overcrowded with Nova's.

Lovin' the Nova :drool:
Possible GT6 DLC ? Perhaps a SEMA car collection DLC pack ? 💡

I could see it being DLC. They would lidar scan the car, then redo the topology to suit their standards for the game. Since there is already a Nova, the mechanics of the car are well on their way, so to be realistic, this car could be through the studio, and in the game, over a 2 month period. It doesn't take very long to remodel a lidar scan to suit your needs (2-3 weeks for one 3D modeler).

It won Peoples Choice not Best in show, which is the car that will make it to a Future GTseries title.

From the GTP news page, it said that the winner of it, will be included in a future Gran Turismo game, or did I read it wrong?

"One of these cars is coming to Gran Turismo – vote now for your favorite!"

https://www.gtplanet.net/2013-gt-awards-vote-now/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: gtplanet (GTPlanet)#wp_post

If only the Nova, then I guess the facebook contest is just for bragging rights.

From the GTP news page, it said that the winner of it, will be included in a future Gran Turismo game, or did I read it wrong?

"One of these cars is coming to Gran Turismo – vote now for your favorite!"

https://www.gtplanet.net/2013-gt-awards-vote-now/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: gtplanet (GTPlanet)#wp_post

If only the Nova, then I guess the facebook contest is just for bragging rights.
It's a mis-type. The People's Choice Award is a new 6th Category that puts it along the other 5 Categories whose winners become eligible to win the overall prize.

The Corvette made it that far but didn't win the GT Best in Show, thus it won't be included, thankfully.

It's a mis-type. The People's Choice Award is a new 6th Category that puts it along the other 5 Categories whose winners become eligible to win the overall prize.

The Corvette made it that far but didn't win the GT Best in Show, thus it won't be included, thankfully.

I see. That clears it up so much more.

Thanks.

JUST TELL ME THIS: how could this corvette win? We have a C7 already in the game, and that blue color is awful.

1453408_366638930140052_955630612_n.jpg

How come this car lost:

1390551_366646946805917_345563724_n.png

OH GOD, WHY? T_T
I'm crying right now. (OK, I'm not, but I'm close to it)

Sure the Nova looks nice but its not really a 'drivers' car it will probably handle like ****. People will probably get bored of it in one lap of the 'ring. Why didn't that awesome looking hillclimb Golf win? It would have had a much better lasting appeal.

JUST TELL ME THIS: how could this corvette win? We have a C7 already in the game, and that blue color is awful.

The Corvette didn't win. It only won the choice awards which guaranteed it a spot in the final Best In Show award.

Why did people vote for it? Because they are shallow image-obsessed idiots who played too much Need for Speed: Underground. Since a C7 with nothing but a widebody kit is better than a full-on Golf race car, a restomod Jeep, a twin-turbo Mustang and a Pantera.

The Corvette didn't win. It only won the choice awards which guaranteed it a spot in the final Best In Show award.

Why did people vote for it? Because they are shallow image-obsessed idiots who played too much Need for Speed: Underground. Since a C7 with nothing but a widebody kit is better than a full-on Golf race car, a restomod Jeep, a twin-turbo Mustang and a Pantera.
Ok, but still. And yes, it's my opinion too: almost every car on that list would have been better than that C7.

Ok, but still. And yes, it's my opinion too: almost every car on that list would have been better than that C7.

Me three.

I'm consoled by the fact that the chances of it, or any of the other nominees being chosen as the overall winner is pretty slim.

I partially agree, but these are two very different Nova's.
*pictures*
So it's not like we're getting cars that are almost identical to each other visually. Heck just about the only thing those two had in common were the name, manufacturer, driven wheels and size. And that was before Holstrom modified the heck out of the '67.

Also, we most likely wont see the '67 until GT7, so it's not like GT6's car list suddenly became overcrowded with Nova's.
Meh.

Lolwut? We only have 3 2014 corvettes vs 30 skylines.

We have 2 Nova's now and it's suddenly overcrowded with Nova's? :lol:

Exactly. We get only two or three versions of one car and people still bitching about how "its too much" all the while they still are far outnumbered by the various, barely noticable trim levels of GT-R and Miatas. Seriously people?

Personally, I would've been well excited if the Golf and / or the Pantera made the cut. C'est la vie.

(In other news: you folks that were rooting for the Liberty Walk Ferrari? Seems the shop that built it is right by my house! O_O Was built in a shop in the town of El Monte, California, known for... well, nothing else, really. =p )

Sure the Nova looks nice but its not really a 'drivers' car it will probably handle like ****. People will probably get bored of it in one lap of the 'ring. Why didn't that awesome looking hillclimb Golf win? It would have had a much better lasting appeal.

This, and if they bollocks up the sound like they have on some other American cars, I won't even take it out of the garage.

I have to agree, I find it silly that some people will consider 2 variants of a certain car model despite the fact that they're body styles are different and have different engines too many. With that logic, the fact PD put a 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 & 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 should be considered too much.

I'm really just happy that the winner is another muscle car and we really need more of those in GT.

True the Sema Nova may or may not be a Nurburgring star, but it'll do fine in the Drag Race, Daytona SSW, SSRX, and SSR7 Muscle car lobbies, (Not Nascar) im sure. There's a very big fanbase on GT that will get the best fun factor for their individual style of playing from that vehice, so not a bad thing at all IMO. Different Strokes for Different folks.

Winner of the Gran Turismo Best Asian Import Award at The SEMA Show - The GReddy Racing Scion FR-S Prototype

1451613_10152040212616303_1363268041_n.jpg
I LOVE THAT ROCKETBUNNYII BODYKIT. SEEING AS ITS FROM JAPAN HOPEFULLY KAZ WILL FIND A WAY TO EMPLIMENT IT INTO THE GAME.

how did the Corvette win it had 2,100 likes and the Detomaso got 2,200 likes
Let me rephrase that. According to GTP news, the Vette is the winner of the inaugural fans choice awards with just over 2100 votes while its nearest competitor in a mathematical mystery loses with over 2200 votes.:boggled:

I'm just sayin':confused: hmm

Last edited:

1453408_366638930140052_955630612_n.jpg

How come this car lost:

1390551_366646946805917_345563724_n.png

OH GOD, WHY? T_T
I'm crying right now. (OK, I'm not, but I'm close to it)
I'd have either or both of those in preference to the Chevy Nova.

Lolwut? We only have 3 2014 corvettes vs 30 skylines.

If we include every type of Corvette, like we're doing with the Skyline, then by my count it's 19 Corvettes to 30 Skylines, assuming your Skyline count was right.

Back