SEMA 2013 - People's choice award - Nov 5th

• Thread starter CTznOfTime
  • 557 comments
I wouldn't mind a truck, if only because the past few winners have been pretty similar to each other, IMO. It doesn't say that the People's Choice will automatically be included in the game over Kaz' own choice (and really, I doubt it'll make it into GT6 at all, given the time frame), but opening up to allow the fan's to voice their opinions is never a bad thing 👍

@Rod Carvalho even if there are, if PD doesn't have the license to Porsche, voting for one would be a wasted vote*, as they would still need the okay from the manufacturer for using their intellectual property, modified or not. That's my understanding, anyways.

* Wasted insomuch as you can't expect to see it in the game. It could still conceivably win People's Choice, though! :)

Have we gotten all the previous winners in game already?
Models of the two autocrosser Camaros and the one mid engined Mustang have not appeared as in game car models yet. But in all honesty, not that many in game car models have been displayed.

Just saw this posted on Jalopnik:

Source:
http://jalopnik.com/a-victory-for-this-camry-rally-car-is-a-victory-for-toy-1455959468

ku-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

I know it's a Camry but damn, would be awesome to drive around in GT6. :D

I hope it is available to vote for on Nov 5!

So among all the awards you can receive at the SEMA show, the 5 existing awards being given out by Kaz (and choosen by PD team) are:
1) best truck/suv
2) best hot rod
3) best american car
4) best european car
5) best asian car

And this year,they have allowed our voices to be heard via facebook.
6) people's choice car.

To my understanding and logically, each award is given to a different car. Meaning that no car can receive more than one award. Right?

On top all the awards, Kaz and his team decide to digitize one of the SEMA car each year.

Which can be any of the ones receiving the GT award.
So it means that our votes don't result necessarily to the car being "scanned" for our gaming pleasures.

Did you all have the same understanding?

So among all the awards you can receive at the SEMA show, the 5 existing awards being given out by Kaz (and choosen by PD team) are:
1) best truck/suv
2) best hot rod
3) best american car
4) best european car
5) best asian car

And this year,they have allowed our voices to be heard via facebook.
6) people's choice car.

To my understanding and logically, each award is given to a different car. Meaning that no car can receive more than one award. Right?

On top all the awards, Kaz and his team decide to digitize one of the SEMA car each year.

Which can be any of the ones receiving the GT award.
So it means that our votes don't result necessarily to the car being "scanned" for our gaming pleasures.

Did you all have the same understanding?
exactly
the best in show car is a Kaz choice

Anyone think Kaz will pick something current? I'm guessing its a 'retro-rod' of some sort, again. He seems to have a taste for redone classics.

Anyone think Kaz will pick something current? I'm guessing its a 'retro-rod' of some sort, again. He seems to have a taste for redone classics.
Who knows what Kazs is going to pick. He's all over the spectrum with his chooses. Ones year it's a G37 the next its a midengine mustang. He's quite unpredictable. The good news is that we the fans have a voice this time around. This is something truly unique to modern gaming.

This is something truly unique to modern gaming.

Not quite. Though it still is nice that PD has added this new award, as it's another outlet for them to get insight into what the community wants, even from a show as concentrated as SEMA 👍

^^yup, it's just a show car for SEMA. But would love to see it in GT6.
Just a show car with a custom suspension, twin-turbo V6 and full-stripped out race-prepped interior.

That would make a properly entertaining car to drive. I wish normal Camry's had a fraction of the mojo that that thing does.

it still is nice that PD has added this new award
What do you mean by "new award"? I was under the impression that this is still the same SEMA Gran Turismo Best in Show Award chosen from the 5 class winners like every year, but now social media users get a say as well.

Is it an add-on award instead?

Not quite. Though it still is nice that PD has added this new award, as it's another outlet for them to get insight into what the community wants, even from a show as concentrated as SEMA 👍

To be honest I think the whole Gran Turismo Awards thing is used primarily as a personal playground for Kaz and his vision for PD, which has limited benefits for the Gran Turismo player.

Last edited:
Everyone vote for the CamRally, it's trying to beat 3 other Toyota's in order to be revealed at SEMA tomorrow!

If it wins here, then it will be revealed at SEMA tomorrow and will be eligible to vote for "The Peoples Choice Awards".

Link: http://www.toyota.com/dreambuilds/

VOTECAMRALLY.jpg

Put some BS info if anything just to get the votes in lol ;D

Thought I may add this as it is a SEMA topic instead of making a new one:

Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo® concept
A special-edition Corvette Stingray concept is revving to go in the new Sony PlayStation® 3 game Gran Turismo 6 commemorating the game's 15th anniversary – and Chevrolet has built a real version of the virtual racing winner.

original.jpg

Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo® concept
A special-edition Corvette Stingray concept is revving to go in the new Sony PlayStation® 3 game Gran Turismo 6 commemorating the game's 15th anniversary – and Chevrolet has built a real version of the virtual racing winner. Its distinctive exterior and interior elements include:

• Custom exterior paint scheme
  • Yellow-tinted headlamps
  • Carbon fiber rear wing
  • Custom carbon fiber hood and extractor design
  • Ground effects kit with carbon fiber rockers and front splitter
  • Custom exhaust tips
  • Racing-style front tow hook
  • Custom front grille
  • Custom front fender and rear quarter vents
  • Custom-trimmed Competition Sport seats
  • Driver and passenger racing harnesses
  • Custom flat-bottom steering wheel
  • Leather-wrapped safety belt bar and rear braces.
Source: http://releases.jalopnik.com/chevro...ma-show-1458038098/1458064156/@andrewpcollins

What's the deal with that picture? Looks weird, not like the GT6 model. Is it a render of the model? Windshield banner looks really odd.

Back