Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
If the 1.07 update only includes the Kart, Ralt and Lotus along with the redesigned tracks thats ok. As has been mentioned, the VW VGT hasn't been found in the game codes.

So if that comes in a 1.08 update which also includes a chapter 4 for Senna and has Interlagos, McLaren and Williams. The level of fapping on this site will be off the scale.

So 3 track redesigns and 3 cars including two Formula cars, at least. Way, way, way more than I was expecting.
That's actually one less than I was expecting. When I heard "trace the roots of Senna's career" I was fully expecting his championship winning Formula Ford to be in the package along with the kart, Ralt and at least one F1 car. The kart and F1 are great but the Ralt and Formula Ford would provide the best quality racing online and off IMO.

Even showing a photo of the McLaren and Williams cars requires PD to have a license for those specific cars. Whether it's just a license that covers images, time will tell!

The initial Senna video that was in-game for a short while showed pictures of Senna in the overalls for the 1987 Lotus - the yellow Camel Team Lotus. Maybe that was why the video was taken down? As PD didn't have a license from Lotus to show that image?

That's actually one less than I was expecting. When I heard "trace the roots of Senna's career" I was fully expecting his championship winning Formula Ford to be in the package along with the kart, Ralt and at least one F1 car. The kart and F1 are great but the Ralt and Formula Ford would provide the best quality racing online and off IMO.

Considering PD's track record, and the fact that for a long time all we saw was the Lotus 97T, I can confidently say that this is a lot more than I was expecting.

Even showing a photo of the McLaren and Williams cars requires PD to have a license for those specific cars. Whether it's just a license that covers images, time will tell!

The initial Senna video that was in-game for a short while showed pictures of Senna in the overalls for the 1987 Lotus - the yellow Camel Team Lotus. Maybe that was why the video was taken down? As PD didn't have a license from Lotus to show that image?
That video was within the game. They took it off a while later.

So 3 track redesigns and 3 cars including two Formula cars, at least. Way, way, way more than I was expecting.

It's about what I was expecting in terms of content, so I'm pleasantly surprised there. Although I do expect the Formula Ford to turn up.

Now it remains to be seen what they do with that content. It would be very easy to turn it into some horrible time trial fest, or a bunch of weird license type tests. They need a couple of fun bits in there, but they also need some quality racing.

This looks promising. Pure speculation here, of course, but if the full Interlagos were to be included in the 23rd/27th update I imagine it'd include a very small revamp for the 1991 and 1994? season in the Senna narrative - in this, I feel we could also see a similar couple of 90's makeovers for existing tracks. I feel if we were to get any at all it would be Interlagos and either Suzuka or Spa, but there are some wilder options in there too.

Interlagos 1990-1996: (Barely any layout changes, assuming we also get a present day Interlagos)

interlagos1990.gif

Spa 1985-1991: Again, not many changes to the layout minus the Bus Stop.

spa1983.gif

Suzuka 1991-2000: Changes to final chicane and a few of the curves on the East course

suzuka1987.gif

Silverstone 1991-1993: Mainly the removal of the new Arena section/pits - still a large change though.

silverstone1991.gif

And a final and definitely-won't-happen ultra-fantasy of mine, Hockenheim 1990-1991:

hockenheim1990.gif

the williams i dont give a **** about as he only had 3 bad races in it

but yeah the mp4 and brazil is crucial to this content so unless they put them in this content will always not mean much to me

Senna's career in Williams was very short, but the team pays tribute for him since the year of his death... in a odd way, they keep Senna's name alive in F1 for all those years
if PD put the Williams FW 16 in the update, i wouldn't complain at all - even though it was the worst car that Senna (and Newey) has had in the F1

I don't know if we'll get to drive those 90s cars but they're the only cars mentioned in the Senna Tribute mode along with the DAP kart.

Two of the cars and DAP kart are confirmed drivable, so maybe a future update will bring some good news. The track mentioned at the end of chapter 4 is Kartódromo Ayrton Senna.

The McLaren, Williams and track do not feature in the 1.07 car or track lists.

1.07 Senna additions

Tracks

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit '80s
Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s

Cars

Ayrton Senna DAP Racing Kart #17 '80
Ayrton Senna Ralt RT3 #1 '83
Lotus 97T '85

Suits

Ayrton Senna 1980
Ayrton Senna 1983
Ayrton Senna 1985

Thank you for your service. 👍

And a final and definitely-won't-happen ultra-fantasy of mine, Hockenheim 1990-1991:

hockenheim1990.gif

I think I'm the only person in the world who finds old Hockenheim very boring. The curvy bits and chicanes are fun, what there is of them, but three quarters of the lap is full throttle in a straight line. Might as well be oval racing for all the driver skill needed there.

Thank you for your service. 👍

No problem, I actually missed a car on first viewing :dopey:

The Lotus 99T gets a mention.

Dap Kart - drivable
Ralt RT3 - drivable
Lotus 97T - drivable
Lotus 99T - ?
McLaren MP4/6 - ?
Williams FW16 - ?

Chapter 4 is also missing a sub structure that the other three have - SENNA_B_*_010 - these contain the driving missions and other details:

Chapter 1

SENNA_B_1_110: The world of karting was blissfully free of any behind-the-scenes intrigue.

SENNA_B_1_111: Senna once reflected that this was the happiest period of his life.

SENNA_B_1_120: This is the DAP kart in which Senna contested the World Championship.

SENNA_B_1_121: Get behind the wheel and give it a spin!

Chapter 2

SENNA_B_2_110: The inaugural Macau Grand Prix, in which national Formula 3 champions from all over the world competed against each other, was held in 1983.

SENNA_B_2_111: Senna secured victory in Macau, and thus became the first ever Formula 3 world champion.

SENNA_B_2_120: Now you too have the chance to drive Ayrton Senna's Toyota-powered Ralt Formula Three car!

Chapter 3

SENNA_B_31_070: In the second half of the 1985 season, he showed particularly impressive driving skills during the 14th race, held at Brands Hatch.

SENNA_B_31_071: During qualifying for that race, he smashed the lap record for winged cars - there were even those who said his record would never be beaten.

SENNA_B_31_080: Now it's your chance to see how you match up. Can you beat Senna's time of 1:07:169?

SENNA_B_3_100: Senna had the same three goals in every race: to secure pole position, to record the fastest lap, and to win.

SENNA_B_3_101: He would prove to be extremely successful at the first of these, landing seven pole positions in 1985 alone.

SENNA_B_3_110: Now it's your turn to see how your speed compares to Senna's! Can you beat the lap time of 1:25:084 he set at the Monza circuit?

Frankly, I'd welcome all previous ''F1'' cars from GT3. They've always been far more interesting (those liveries, dayum) than the Formula GT.
I'd love those as well as the FGT, and maybe a few new generic PD single seaters.

I think I'm the only person in the world who finds old Hockenheim very boring. The curvy bits and chicanes are fun, what there is of them, but three quarters of the lap is full throttle in a straight line. Might as well be oval racing for all the driver skill needed there.
True today, but without the chicanes and no downforce, Ostkurve was quite daunting - even the run up to it was interesting because you're constantly turning.

ITT people are getting extremely carried away and are only setting themselves up for disappointment.

Sometimes it's just a healthy discussion. It's cool to dream on with the feet connected to the ground. But I see your point. 👍

And btw, right it looks better than what most expected.

General expectations: 2 cars and a time trial.

What we're probably getting: 3 cars, 3 tracks, 3 suits and who knows what more?

No problem, I actually missed a car on first viewing :dopey:

The Lotus 99T gets a mention.

Thank you for all the information you've been finding hidden in the game! :cheers:👍

To add to the speculation as to why the 3 other cars were mentioned. I imagine that PD knows people are finding this hidden data, and the purposely only put part of the actual content. Maybe they're waiting until they release the next slideshow on Monday to show off the rest of the content?

Thank you for all the information you've been finding hidden in the game! :cheers:👍

To add to the speculation as to why the 3 other cars were mentioned. I imagine that PD knows people are finding this hidden data, and the purposely only put part of the actual content. Maybe they're waiting until they release the next slideshow on Monday to show off the rest of the content?

If they knew that you would think they would stop adding content into the game weeks before activating it. In fact I'm surprised they haven't already.

ITT people are getting extremely carried away and are only setting themselves up for disappointment.
They'll only have their selves to blame. Gotta learn to take disappointment on the chin and be honest with yourself on reflection. Or maybe that's too much to expect; I don't want to have to be disappointed in humanity again. :P

Also, regarding putting content in weeks before activating it, PD / Kaz have been quite the tease in the past. They probably can't resist it (I know I would struggle).

Back