• 5,436 comments
Hey, speaking of that williams;

Williams FW16-
BnXrl_TIMAAXr9T.jpg

Polyphony Digital F094/S
f094s-l.jpg

Im not saying... but I'm "just saying" :lol:

Last edited:
It's pretty well known the F cars in GT3 were pretty much all copies of real F1 cars, no? Likely the reason they disappeared.
Thats not what Im pointing out. Just that one of the cars in question was modeled or appeared in gt3, but not in its livery. So "senna's car" dates back in gt quite some time ago.

Nothing wrong with adding the Williams, there are several cars in the game that people have died in.

Hell, Forza 4 had the Mercedes involved in 1955 Le Mans disaster and no one complained about that.

End of the day, it is a car, and I want to drive it.

Not this again. The car itself is not the problem. The track (Imola) would not in itself be a problem. The problem would be adding them in content that is supposed to remember and pay tribute to Senna.

Yes, that Mercedes was included in Forza 4 but it wasn't added in the Pierre Levegh tribute pack was it?

I'm not sure why people can't understand this simple distinction.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with adding the Williams, there are several cars in the game that people have died in.

Hell, Forza 4 had the Mercedes involved in 1955 Le Mans disaster and no one complained about that.

Its not about the car, its about the timing in which to include the car. Those other cars (and tracks) that are included were done no where near the anniversary of that driver's death (including the first time PD included the FW16 in GT3).

I don't know about you but if someone I knew died on a road driving a Ford Focus I wouldn't mark the anniversary of their death by driving along the same road in a Ford Focus.
Thats not even related. Nowhere did it say were getting Senna's last race in the game.

Even if we did, youre example is akin to a seasonal event at Imola and we have to drive the Williams and see if we can escape without going off at a turn hes taken numerous times before. Thats improbable. Having the same car which PD already featured in its non real life form is less improbable because it was in the series before.

Last edited:
The point he was making is how distasteful it would be to include the car he died in at a time when they are making something to celebrate the Life of Senna, which is not what they were doing the last time they included the car.

Right, and driving the car that he died driving wouldn't really be celebrating much, would it? That was the unfortunate low point and end of his career, not something to celebrate.
I agree.

Moreover, the death of Senna is probably linked to a malfunction of the FW16...

Thats not even related. Nowhere did it say were getting Senna's last race in the game.

Even if we did, youre example is akin to a seasonal event at Imola and we have to drive the Williams and see if we can escape without going off at a turn hes taken numerous times before. Thats improbable. Having the same car which PD already featured in its non real life form is less improbable because it was in the series before.
That's not the point. It's a question of morality. You don't mourn someone's death by giving people the tools to recreate the cause of the fatality. Nobody I know would, say, pass out knives to mourners on the anniversary of someone stabbing themselves. It would be disrespectful. Now, in my view, if Imola and the FW16 came out separately at a later date, it wouldn't be disrespectful at all; it'd simply be a new track and a classic F1 car to race on it. Even better if you didn't have to get them both at the same time.

Last edited:
That's not the point. It's a question of morality. You don't mourn someone's death by giving them the tools to recreate the cause of the fatality. Nobody I know would, say, pass out knives to mourners on the anniversary of someone stabbing themselves. It would be disrespectful. Now, in my view, if Imola and the FW16 came out separately at a later date, it wouldn't be disrespectful at all; it'd simply be a new track and a classic F1 car to race on it. Even better if you didn't have to get them both at the same time.
Generic Fanboy Response: "Yeah but I really like it and I want it so it's ok".

That's not the point. It's a question of morality. You don't mourn someone's death by giving them the tools to recreate the cause of the fatality. Nobody I know would, say, pass out knives to mourners on the anniversary of someone stabbing themselves. It would be disrespectful. Now, in my view, if Imola and the FW16 came out separately at a later date, it wouldn't be disrespectful at all; it'd simply be a new track and a classic F1 car to race on it. Even better if you didn't have to get them both at the same time.
Its a car. Not a tool to recreate his death. How can you recreate it without the track? Why did PD have the car in GT3 if it was a moral concern? This whole hang up is from samus's misunderstanding of my point. Now you are going further off what I brought up by adding in something thats not even in my line of thought. I only made the relation of the fw16 because it was mentioned in the leaked content and the PD F094/S being a recreation. BTW its not a mourning of his passing, its a celebration of his career.

Its a car. Not a tool to recreate his death. How can you recreate it without the track? Why did PD have the car in GT3 if it was a moral concern? This whole hang up is from samus's misunderstanding of my point. Now you are going further off what I brought up by adding in something thats not even in my line of thought. I only made the relation of the fw16 because it was mentioned in the leaked content and the PD F094/S being a recreation. BTW its not a mourning of his passing, its a celebration of his career.
You do realize it's the simultaneous release of the the car and track that are inexorably linked to Senna's death in an update that's supposed to celebrate his life that people have an issue with, not the car or track separately? Car, yes. Track, yes. Car or track now then track or car later, yes. Car and track simultaneously now, no.

End of the day, it is a car, and I want to drive it.
Well we have the Auto Union that killed the test driver and nobody complained :)

You do realize it's the simultaneous release of the the car and track that are inexorably linked to Senna's death in an update that's supposed to celebrate his life that people have an issue with, not the car or track separately? Car, yes. Track, yes. Car or track now then track or car later, yes. Car and track simultaneously now, no.
Not what I mentioned. I said its just a car. I didnt mention getting it and imola together in an update. Were not getting either, but having the fw16 imo isnt a bad thing. Thats why I mentioned its likeness in the P094/S being in gt3. If it was released any other month/time, who would say this car shouldn't be included because of an accident? Theres plenty of fatalities from other cars in this game irl. The key thing is my original post just showcased PD had 'senna content' in gt3, if you wanna call it that. The P094/S wasnt the only one either! 👍

Back