Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
Introducing him to a new generation is fine and to some extent you're right but don't think just because someone is young there not wise.

I haven't forgotten Fangio, Rindt, Jim Clark or anyone else who has a similar legendary status. I've known about them ever since I was old enough to watch motorsport and listen to my Dad. I'm interested in cars and racing. Don't underestimate the amount of kids with the same interest who know about all sorts of legends past and present.

Kaz quote:
But there is a generation of Gran Turismo players who don’t know who Ayrton Senna is, and I thought that it was our last opportunity to convey who he was to that generation, because it’s already been twenty years.

And I'm not saying something about young people not being wise.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I don't expect the Senna content to be any more than a car and a Seasonal event, and not a large purchasable DLC or anything else, because PD may think (due to poor sales of GT6) that it isn't worth investing the time and money in something that it would seem people aren't interested in and may not make a return i.e GT6

The very first time you boot up the game you see Senna content in the intro. That should say something about how big of a deal this is for gt6. Sure you could be right, worst case scenario would be bad/little content that nobody cares about, but I on the contrary think it will be something more than that. That is just my opinion so we'll see what happens.

The very first time you boot up the game you see Senna content in the intro.

True but the first time you look at the box you may notice "community features." :P

Sure you could be right, worst case scenario would be bad/little content that nobody cares about, but I on the contrary think it will be something more than that. That is just my opinion so we'll see what happens.

I honestly hope I'm wrong on that and that there is something more, as you say. GT/PD could do something amazing but I don't think they will. Sadly my expectations are low as is my faith in PD of late.

Honestly, I wish that GT goes back to being the car game it was back in the late 90's, early 2000's. I'm a bit fed up with all this human drama. Senna is a legend, yes, but I really don't give a damn about his content in the game. It'll be months of silence and waiting just to have a couple of F1 cars (which will be useless) and some time trials(speculation based on how PD does things these days).

Why not start converting Standards into Premiums, adding more customization options, more road cars, more A-Spec events, finishing the track editor already, fixing the sounds, bringing back tire and fuel consumption to Arcade, probably adding an event creator? That will turn GT6 into the game that most of us fans really want.

This special content is fine, but as long as they remember what's really the core of the game. PD has really gotten lost in these merchandising games of them. Day after day it seems as if the game itself is no longer priority, but just being around the media circus.

I will still sit here and wait. I refuse to spend money on an Xbox One just for Forza...

This special content is fine, but as long as they remember what's really the core of the game. PD has really gotten lost in these merchandising games of them. Day after day it seems as if the game itself is no longer priority, but just being around the media circus.

Agree with this. After you have finished playing the Senna content this is where the bulk of the playtime is and if the core is not good well then the game as a whole is bad so they must give that high priority and fix all the issues that are known, afterwards they can concentrate on new content. But as of now I think the Senna content is prioritized so that it can be released very soon.

Honestly, I wish that GT goes back to being the car game it was back in the late 90's, early 2000's. I'm a bit fed up with all this human drama. Senna is a legend, yes, but I really don't give a damn about his content in the game. It'll be months of silence and waiting just to have a couple of F1 cars (which will be useless) and some time trials(speculation based on how PD does things these days).

Why not start converting Standards into Premiums, adding more customization options, more road cars, more A-Spec events, finishing the track editor already, fixing the sounds, bringing back tire and fuel consumption to Arcade, probably adding an event creator? That will turn GT6 into the game that most of us fans really want.

I will still sit here and wait. I refuse to spend money on an Xbox One just for Forza...

This media circus you speak of. Is it called GTP ?

All the human drama seems to originate in these forums.

Kaz quote:
But there is a generation of Gran Turismo players who don’t know who Ayrton Senna is, and I thought that it was our last opportunity to convey who he was to that generation, because it’s already been twenty years.

And I'm not saying something about young people not being wise.

Kaz is doing the same thing. Assuming the younger generation don't know who someone is because their lifespans didn't cross. "Oh that person's young, they couldn't possibly know anything about anything before they were born!" It's arrogant to think that way and it pisses me off!

Who's to say the younger GT players, who one can assume are interested in cars and motorsport, aren't going to know who Senna is. Or anyone else before their time. He's full of 🤬 on this IMO.

More likely that Senna is a part of the game because Kaz is a big fan, plus he can make money on the name, nothing else.

Also, "our last opportunity to convey who he was to that generation." What?! Why? That generation will find out who he was as they get older then. Why'd you wait 20 years man?! Oh you mean it might be the last chance to cash in with that generation using Gran Turismo and Senna's name, else they found out who he was somewhere else.

Last edited:
Kaz is doing the same thing. Assuming the younger generation don't know who someone is because their lifespans didn't cross. "Oh that person's young, they couldn't possibly know anything about anything before they were born!" It's arrogant to think that way and it pisses me off!

Who's to say the younger GT players, who one can assume are interested in cars and motorsport, aren't going to know who Senna is. Or anyone else before their time. He's full of 🤬 on this IMO.

More likely that Senna is a part of the game because Kaz is a big fan, plus he can make money on the name, nothing else.

One can always interpret quotes in different ways. Anyway here's one example. I'm not young and I haven't known of what Senna has accomplished till I saw the documentary maybe 2 months ago (called Senna). I was young when he passed away and I remember when watching the news they mentioned him many times because he was popular and famous in F1. Anyhow I didn't follow F1 back then as a kid because to me it seemed boring at the time.. fast cars just going round and round like forever (guess I didn't have the patience as a kid to see a whole race). Now I watch almost every race and it's fun.

There will always be those that know of him and those that don't. One can't assume that every gt player is a racing fan and has great knowledge of motorsport.. I don't have that but I love Gran Turismo and have been playing it since the beginning (I own every game released so far). So there are certainly many players that don't know anything about Senna and this could be a great opportunity to give a presentation of him. Also the documentary I saw briefly mentioned his karting career (I watched the short version) so maybe I will learn something more about that by playing the game :)

No. I'm talking about these things like the Senna content, the Andretti content and other miscellaneous content that are advertised as something huge and unprecedented when at the end they mean very little game wise.

GT Academy (even if some say PD has nothing to do with this, at the end they are the ones that make the TT/mini game), merchandising partnerships that add nothing to the game, Kaz appearing in social media as if he was some sort of demi god speaking of how his game is so perfect, documentaries and other GT related crap that at the end I don't see adding anything to the game I awaited with so much passion.

One can always interpret quotes in different ways. Anyway here's one example. I'm not young and I haven't known of what Senna has accomplished till I saw the documentary maybe 2 months ago (called Senna). I was young when he passed away and I remember when watching the news they mentioned him many times because he was popular and famous in F1. Anyhow I didn't follow F1 back then as a kid because to me it seemed boring at the time.. fast cars just going round and round like forever (guess I didn't have the patience as a kid to see a whole race). Now I watch almost every race and it's fun.

There will always be those that know of him and those that don't. One can't assume that every gt player is a racing fan and has great knowledge of motorsport.. I don't have that but I love Gran Turismo and have been playing it since the beginning (I own every game released so far). So there are certainly many players that don't know anything about Senna and this could be a great opportunity to give a presentation of him. Also the documentary I saw briefly mentioned his karting career (I watched the short version) so maybe I will learn something more about that by playing the game :)
Not my point, but ok. Introducing him to new people is fine and I agree it's a fantasitic opportunity but to say an entire generation needs GT to make them aware of him is wrong. As is assuming they or many don't already know who he is just because they are the younger generation. That's what I take umbrage to.

Yeah, I don't like how GT doesn't feel like a game anymore either. I want GT to become a arcade racer.

Not my point, but ok. Introducing him to new people is fine and I agree it's a fantasitic opportunity but to say an entire generation needs GT to make them aware of him is wrong. As is assuming they or many don't already know who he is just because they are the younger generation. That's what I take umbrage to.

True. Maybe he has not trained to be interviewed as the public person he is. Many strange quotes have been around and maybe that is why we hear less and less from PD as time goes by.. I hope this trend ends and that they put out reliable information so that we don't have to speculate all the time. Certainly gets on many peoples nerves.

I hope this trend ends and that they put out reliable information so that we don't have to speculate all the time. Certainly gets on many peoples nerves.
Takes all the fun out of it if they do :P.

Seriously though, I really agree.

Yeah, I don't like how GT doesn't feel like a game anymore either. I want GT to become a arcade racer.

Well... :D Not really what I meant with "game," but I guess what I was trying to say is that it felt more like a complete experience. You know, like the old days. Although to tell you the truth, the whole Arcade/Simulator doesn't really mean much to me as long as it plays well. GT hasn't failed in that so far.

Games like GT2 felt so great. Even GT3 felt so complete despite having such a limited amount of cars. Or even GT4 with all the options and huge replay value.

Unless they add an authentic kart track or two (vs. the made up fantasy tracks we have now ) with the DLC you can forget about anything to do with Senna and Karts. Having a Senna Kart event around the two tracks currently in the game would be an insult to his memory. I doubt they will be able to correctly model his karts anyway, as he raced 100cc direct drive karts which had no clutch and were bump started, something I'm guessing they won't model in the game. Best guess is they'll just add a kart that looks the same as one of his, but has the same basic engine/slipper clutch setup the 100cc karts in the game currently have.

I doubt they will be able to correctly model his karts anyway, as he raced 100cc direct drive karts which had no clutch and were bump started, something I'm guessing they won't model in the game. Best guess is they'll just add a kart that looks the same as one of his, but has the same basic engine/slipper clutch setup the 100cc karts in the game currently have.
Agreed. Again, a bit of an insult to his memory. Why don't they just plaster a Formula GT with Marlboro/McLaren colours while they're at it.

Question is; if they were to just put a single car and Seasonal event in (like Andretti's Hudson), which of the cars he drove would be the one to add? And at which track?

His Kart would be daft if it wasn't modelled correctly, as you say, but it was where he started. Maybe his first formula car? I imagine the formula Ford would be similar to the LCC Rocket. Maybe an F3 car? I doubt it will be an F1 car of his for some reason but what else is there really? That's what he was better known in. I'd love to see his McLaren personally!

Predicting complaints about features not yet implemented?

Keep up the good work guys.
Think of it as trench humour.

Well... :D Not really what I meant with "game," but I guess what I was trying to say is that it felt more like a complete experience. You know, like the old days. Although to tell you the truth, the whole Arcade/Simulator doesn't really mean much to me as long as it plays well. GT hasn't failed in that so far.

Games like GT2 felt so great. Even GT3 felt so complete despite having such a limited amount of cars. Or even GT4 with all the options and huge replay value.
Ohh, that's what you meant. In that case, I agree. :) *Sigh* Looks like Toko misunderstands..... Again. :D :lol:

You may be right about that. At least 50%, I'm still going to hang on to the glimmer of hope that PD as a team isn't that uncreative and simply are struggling with the basic core of the game on the CELL processor with no time to make creative fun offline events.
PD has been working with the CELL architecture for 8+ years now. If they haven't figured it out yet, I've got some bad news for them.

I feel bad for you for feeling bad of Johnny who actually properly feel bad for Mario for having an half assed event to represent his career. PD arrogance is unlimited.

It was not meant to represent his career, it was meant to represent his first car. Which it did.

In the late 90's, early 2000's the game had nothing of that. The nostalgia you're experiencing has probably got to do with it being your first experience rather than it objectively being a better game. Kids that are experiencing GT6 as their first car game will probably feel the same in about 15 years time.

This game (below) was my first flight simulator game, and as such I hold it dearer than MS Flight Simulator X, even though FSX is a much better game in every way.

hellcats.png

Last edited:

The "human drama" originates from well within Polyphony - what they say or don't say, what they do or don't do. What happens here is either a reaction to an action, or a reaction to inaction. To say "the negative vibes" or drama originates here would imply that anything good or positive about the game also originates here.

It was not meant to represent his career, it was meant to represent his first car. Which it did.

Exactly. Probably why they called it "First Love"

The "human drama" originates from well within Polyphony - what they say or don't say, what they do or don't do. What happens here is either a reaction to an action, or a reaction to inaction. To say "the negative vibes" or drama originates here would imply that anything good or positive about the game also originates here.

Except around here, PD are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

People are already complaining of Senna content to be released in May. It's still March. I suppose the order and naming of months is PD's fault as well?

Then what do you think it will be? I think your suggestion is pretty accurate. Based on what we've seen so far, I wouldn't expect for more than a car, Senna related images in the main menu and some time attacks. Just think of all the content they've been talking about and none of it has been added yet. I would be cautious on what to expect from PD.

Well, to quote myself:

What I hope for: a pack that truly represents Senna, containing a fair amount of cars, suits and a relevant track, which can be won or unlocked by replaying famous moments from his career. Also, some sort of non-gameplay memorial to Senna like a video or something would be nice.

What I expect: one or two cars and maybe some extra suits, being won by beating a time trial challenge on one of the tracks we already have.

Given how poorly PD handled licensed series and real-life events (Top Gear, Nascar, rally racing. And even with driving the Lunar Rover they made strange choices. Seriously, a time trial and knocking over some cones on the moon?) I strongly doubt Senna will be done properly: with just one or more cars and a racing suit, you can maybe look like Senna, but you won't be 'tracing his career' as PD likes to put it. For that, you would need the relevant tracks (preferably in the actual lay-out/look of the 80s/90s, proper opponents in their respective cars (which would mean PD will not only have to model Senna's cars but at least some other historical models as well) and a race that actually feels like one.

It would really surprise me if PD managed to do this. I don't expect the Senna dlc to be anything more than a car, a cart and some suits, and the message 'more content will be added in future updates'.

And please, let's hope PD didn't get the awful idea of rendering Senna. We all know how scary Jeff looked.:sly:

I "personally" would have preferred a dlc with someone like lauda, Prost, jackie steward ... Pref jackie as senna was a reckless idiot in my eyes and over rated , but that's just my opinion , least in gt6 I can don his race suit and drive sensible and safe ...
You say Senna was a reckless idiot because that's your opinion... ok, but what if other people decide to call you an idiot because that's their opinion?
I won't even share my opinion about someone like you because it's a matter of respect.
Obviously you don't have to love Senna, but openly throwing **** at his name is just stupid from you.

Last edited:
Back