Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
I just wish that soon, in PD terms wasn't a real long time.
I mean, we were meant to get that track shown in the video "soon", and welp, two months later, still no track.

The Senna content idea seems great, but in the way PD works, is likely we'll get it next year, and likely it'll be some new suits, 2 F1 cars, and some time trial challenges, and maybe, just maybe, we get Interlagos track as well, but that's just too wishful thinking.

Yes, I put him on ignore immediately after my last post. As you say, he sometimes posts interesting stuff so it seems a shame, but it's impossible to identify when he's actually willing to debate something or when he's just trolling for giggles.

I have the same exact feeling about him....I just have learned to ignore him and not respond to anything he says.

PD have made the future Senna content a big deal since the game was released. Even the kart track and his Lotus appeared in the opening trailer! I don't see PD missing release date of May because the the 20th anniversary of his death was 20 years ago. Why would they miss that date? It would be disrespectful to Senna!

PD have made the future Senna content a big deal since the game was released. Even the kart track and his Lotus appeared in the opening trailer! I don't see PD missing release date of May because the the 20th anniversary of his death was 20 years ago. Why would they miss that date? It would be disrespectful to Senna!

We'll get to May 1st, and although that was the anniversary of his death nothing will be released. People will assume that it will be out in May at some point, and so we'll get the pleasure of a month of waiting while nothing happens.

On the 31st of May, the sun will explode.

February was fun, but May is going to be senna-sational!

Why would they miss that date? It would be disrespectful to Senna!

The way I see it, they've already disrespected their millions of customers by promising so much, and as of yet, delivering so little of it while not providing any kind of updates on progress. Many people, myself included, bought based on those promises. Many more, myself included, "sold" the game to their friends based on those promises. So yea, I'm feeling pretty disrespected at this point.

Point is, if PD will disrespect the millions of customers that actually pay their salaries, do you really think they're going to care about disrespecting the legend of a racer who has been dead for 20 years?

That being said, I think it would be a disaster of epic proportions for PD if they do disrespect Senna by not meeting the deadline or all the content only being fluff. I know it'll be a 3 bag of popcorn day around the GTP forums if that's what happens. :cheers:

Look at the facts, i know it maybe wont come out in may, but at least we will get a official F1 in the game. And there is Sennas 1988 suit, so i expect the 1988 Mclaren to be there...

Look at the facts, i know it maybe wont come out in may, but at least we will get a official F1 in the game. And there is Sennas 1988 suit, so i expect the 1988 Mclaren to be there...
Where are you getting this fact that we will get an official F1 car in the game? I hope you are right, but I will believe it when I see it...and drive it 👍

Er...nope. It would be a huge oversight to show it in the trailer and not have it in the game but just because it's there doesn't make it a fact it'll be added. It does certainly imply it will be added though.
Conversation from several months ago, pre-GT6
"Wow, those sounds in that trailer are great, the cars sound almost real!!"

"Those sounds are dubbed, they aren't the ingame sounds"

"No way, they'd never do that, they must be placeholders because we are getting the new sound engine in GT6!"

"Or they are just the same dubbed sounds they have used in trailers before"

"Nope, no way, there's no way they'd show something in a trailer if it wasn't in the game"

Will history repeat itself?

Last edited:
I dont have any confirmation of wich F1 car we will get. Im sure it will be the black Lotus #12 as we already saw it in the trailer...
But since there is 1988 Senna suit so i guess there will be a 1988 Mclaren MP4/4
Well the F1 Ferrari cars are not in GT6. And FGT doesnt count. So currently there are no F1 car in game.

Just wait, if they do add it, I'm willing to bet it'll be like the lunar rover, where you can only use it inside that mission/race.

I dont have any confirmation of wich F1 car we will get. Im sure it will be the black Lotus #12 as we already saw it in the trailer...
But since there is 1988 Senna suit so i guess there will be a 1988 Mclaren MP4/4
Well the F1 Ferrari cars are not in GT6. And FGT doesnt count. So currently there are no F1 car in game.
Well, like I said, I hope you are right. I hope we get a few of his cars and a handful of others from the era to race against. It's just that the way GT6 has been going I doubt it is going to happen. It will probably be more like @gtuned said, one car and an event or tow only to use it in. I like to keep my expectation of PD low, that way I can be either pleasantly surprised or at least not terribly disappointed depending on which way it goes.

Senna's McLaren won't be in the game, SimRaceway has an exclusive license on McLaren F1 cars. That is why F1 2013 couldn't include it, not because of Forza or GT.

http://blog.simraceway.com/2011/11/simraceway-announces-landmark-agreement-with-mclaren/

The deal also gives Simraceway users access to every other F1 car McLaren has produced, including the 1974 and 1976 cars made famous by Emerson Fittipaldi and James Hunt respectively and of course the 2011 car, the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-26, currently being driven by Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button. All 36 F1 cars, with the exception of the MP4-26, will be exclusive to Simraceway.

Yes, that is the annoucement from 2011 but the license and deal still stands. It sucks for gamers, but that's the simple fact. No old McLaren F1 cars in any other games until that license expires.

In the face of possible truth (and nothing else) I believe I read somewhere that that exclusivity deal only extends to the platform that Simraceway is on - the PC.

If I can find it I'll definitely link it.

Well why is there then a Senna in 1988 mclaren suit?
It would have been better the if it was the black lotus suit.
Cuz now there might be hope for mclaren f1 because of 1988 suit

Well why is there then a Senna in 1988 mclaren suit?
It would have been better the if it was the black lotus suit.
Cuz now there might be hope for mclaren f1 because of 1988 suit

Because it's his most famous suit. Most people have that helmet and that suit in mind when they hear Senna. It is absolutely no indication of what car might or might not come.

Kaz: “I still can not confirm whether we have the life of Senna after this period as the Instituto Ayrton Senna only owns the rights to his image until 1987.”

He signed with McLaren in 1988.
Case closed...lol

Everything can be bought with the right kind of money but the ROI might not be good enough. Too bad Honda probably doesn't have a saying in this since they where "Mclaren Honda". I believe Honda has a good relationship with GT. It would be awesome if the car was available but chances are very slim it seems.

The way I see it, they've already disrespected their millions of customers by promising so much, and as of yet, delivering so little of it while not providing any kind of updates on progress. Many people, myself included, bought based on those promises. Many more, myself included, "sold" the game to their friends based on those promises. So yea, I'm feeling pretty disrespected at this point.

Point is, if PD will disrespect the millions of customers that actually pay their salaries, do you really think they're going to care about disrespecting the legend of a racer who has been dead for 20 years?

That being said, I think it would be a disaster of epic proportions for PD if they do disrespect Senna by not meeting the deadline or all the content only being fluff. I know it'll be a 3 bag of popcorn day around the GTP forums if that's what happens. :cheers:
Very sad to read your comment... especially the 2nd paragraph:nervous:

Back