Premium
United States
United States
FYI.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_5156183.html

upload_2020-5-4_20-4-15.png

This notice has been updated since OP post to now read as follows:

upload_2020-5-5_12-25-2.png

Since this recent server maintenance Ive had nothinh but major problems in GT Sport. Never has my game crashed or a save become corrupted before but right after the this maintenence, I can't play GT Sport anymore, it just keeps crashing then the save data becomes corrupted again.

Since this recent server maintenance Ive had nothinh but major problems in GT Sport. Never has my game crashed or a save become corrupted before but right after the this maintenence, I can't play GT Sport anymore, it just keeps crashing then the save data becomes corrupted again.

Have you tried rebuilding your PS4 database?

No guarantees this will fix it, but worth trying if you haven't already.

Have you tried rebuilding your PS4 database?

No guarantees this will fix it, but worth trying if you haven't already.

I'm not all that Tech savvy, I mean that looks easy enough to follow, but my GT Sport is the digital edition not the actual disc version. If I rebuilt my database, would I lose any digital games I've downloaded?

I'm not all that Tech savvy, I mean that looks easy enough to follow, but my GT Sport is the digital edition not the actual disc version. If I rebuilt my database, would I lose any digital games I've downloaded?

Short answer, no. I did it several times in the past week, all of my games and saves are still there.

Some more information (read the whole article before you do it):

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-make-your-playstation-4-faster-database-rebuild

Is it dangerous to do this?
Database rebuilding sounds like cleaning — and cleaning sounds like getting rid of things — but the truth is that database rebuilding shouldn't actually delete any data unless a file is corrupted. Corrupted files get deleted, but let's face it, the odds of fixing a corrupted file are usually pretty slim anyway. You can always back up your system before you perform a database rebuild, too, if you're worried.

While I cannot guarantee that database rebuilding is 100% without its risks, it shouldn't delete anything, and it happens in Safe Mode. It is possible to mess up your PlayStation 4 from inside Safe Mode, but you should be perfectly OK as long as you don't go rooting around willy-nilly. If doing anything in Safe Mode makes you nervous, then it's probably best to stay away.

Last edited:
Thanks lads, I've went with the rebuild database option and it seems to be running ok now. When I first seen the corrupt data save message, I was devastated, thinking of all the patience and grinding I've put into GT Sport, the cars I've bought all gone but then I remembered its all saved on the GT Sport servers, I think thats where my saved stuff is anyways and I was relieved. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Thanks lads, I've went with the rebuild database option and it seems to be running ok now. When I first seen the corrupt data save message, I was devastated, thinking of all the patience and grinding I've put into GT Sport, the cars I've bought all gone but then I remembered its all saved on the GT Sport servers, I think thats where my saved stuff is anyways and I was relieved. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Hey, that's great news, it's nice to hear that the rebuild worked! 👍

Back