• Thread starter AMH_
  • 517 comments
"Attempt to reconnect to the network"

"You must be connected to the server in order to proceed"

giphy.gif

"Attempt to reconnect to the network"

"You must be connected to the server in order to proceed"

giphy.gif
No server access period. Stupid I spend all this money and wait this long for a game that can't be played off line. It's super cool and super fun but why not just allow saves on console and then update.

I tried the gran turismo website as it says to check, but nothing lol.

Random question, why isn't my thrustmaster h-shifter working?
Random question answer -- The GTS site said try connecting the shifter directly via USB to the PS4. They claim they are going to correct this issues "shortly". Hope it isn't fixed like the servers!:banghead:

I don't even fully understand why most of this content is locked behind server availability. Is there some legitimate reason we can't mess with liveries, watch replays or play with Scapes while the servers are down? I understand we won't be able to upload items but that can be done later (assuming we were allowed to save).

I don't even fully understand why most of this content is locked behind server availability. Is there some legitimate reason we can't mess with liveries, watch replays or play with Scapes while the servers are down? I understand we won't be able to upload items but that can be done later (assuming we were allowed to save).

Yeah I feel the same way. I thought I'll just hotlap the ring in arcade.
Nope, I'm just now level 12.
Or create some liveries right now would be ideal.

Random question answer -- The GTS site said try connecting the shifter directly via USB to the PS4. They claim they are going to correct this issues "shortly". Hope it isn't fixed like the servers!:banghead:

My shifter doesn't have a USB plug...it plugs into the wheel.

Ah so here's the gripe thread! If I have to prove that I can stop and start a Miata at a gold class level again, I'm gonna be upset! Ha ha

I just did a 15 lap endurance race for campaign also won a car and now it's telling me I can't save because of maintenance???

I wonder in there meetings while designing the game and the decision to have no offline save, when the guy in the back raised his hand and said what if the servers are down, how will effect there costumers, what was there answer, did they even consider it.

I just did a 15 lap endurance race for campaign also won a car and now it's telling me I can't save because of maintenance???

Don't quit the application. Keep GT Sport running (even if the PS4 is in Rest Mode) until the servers can reconnect. Once they do, it should save.

Totally agree, this is absolute crap. Take FOREVER to releasing it then you get to deal with nonsense like this. No reason I shouldnt be able to edit a livery, etc, offline. Real cool to have a $80 brick taking up 50+ gb on my ps. Great job, PolyPHONY.

Sat here wondering if my livery saved.... 1:44am and need to get to bed but want to save the damn game.
I don't particularly want to have to leave my PS4 on all night because I can't save.
Who ever had this idea needs a kick in the balls!

Whose bright idea was it to make a game online only? Like, I can't even access the driving missions or circuit experience? REALLY? I worked all day and can't even play now, well that's just GREAT.

I'm just amazed how there's no update or news on the maintenance and it's been like what nearly an hour? Nothing on their twitter account or website. :(

i so hope they are running around like on fire in their offices "omg theres 5 million players saving 12 million times a second, we have to implement some sort of new technology called 'offline saving for offline content' "

i mean why not save progress to unlock and liveries etc. on the console and share them normally at will and save the sport mode progress grades on the cloud. it doesn't make any sense, it doesn't matter if someone could hack their level to 20 and unlock all cars, because thats what you can reach after a few days anyways... it has to be something about user data analysis value, perfect human failure or the illuminati. just mind blowing!

Last edited:
I'm just amazed how there's no update or news on the maintenance and it's been like what nearly an hour? Nothing on their twitter account or website. :(

I tweeted @thegranturismo and it doesn't even post to the page. They have it filtered out pretty heavily.

I just went through a whole section of missions one after the other thinking "yes I beat the server down thing and can keep playing..." got the money and the car and turned off the PlayStation... Just hope its there tomorrow when I log in again.

Back