Shall I get the Crew 2?

Hi All

So the Crew 2 is discounted on PS4 at the moment, is it worth me getting it at this price?
It's definitely much much better than it was a year ago. But it's still worse than the first one IMO. If you like grinding games than you should try it. But I don't know what to say about it. Tough it was such a good game during the Beta and totally forgot about it after the first month. Maybe it will grow up on you. I was kind of disappointed to tell the truth. If you never played the first one try it. If you have than forget it. It's basically the same game that just lack good content. Boats and planes are a nice addition but it's not enough. Grinding is awful. Get a standard edition if you decide to buy it.

It's a good sandbox car game IMO. You can take whatever you want and go wherever you want, however you want. Sure it gets grindy sometimes for the more pricey vehicles, but I think it's worth it.

It's not a Forza Horizon or NFS Heat competitor, but it's still fun.

its definitely better than the original Crew game to me personally, the vehicle variety is better and the events are fun and relatively varied, the parts grinding isnt too egrigous (though acquiring vehicles is the tough part as there's so many) and the driving of various vehicle types is good fun for the most part!

For the price yeh its worth it and after they added all the extra events since release grinding is not quiet so bad now and the summit weekly events are fun

I got it at the start of the sales, and I'm enjoying it. You can go with friends or go it alone relatively seamlessly, and there's no shortage of exploration and things to do while you rip around the place!

The car physics are a bit hit and miss, but when you factor in all the types of vehicles they've managed to shoehorn into the game, you can justify it, and you will get used to it after a few hours.

Definitely.

Very fun game and the vehicle options make it fun. As said its really a kind of sandbox but it shines in some aspects: the Rallycross races are really fun and as I always repeat: riding a bike first person on the huuuuuuuuuuuge map is one of the best things I've done in a game. I've spent too much time doing that alone. :)

Does anyone play this game with a wheel and h shifter? Is it any good?

I have the first game and quite enjoy just cruising around. I'm tempted to get The Crew 2 so I can do the same, just with a wheel.

So I got it from the psn store as the dulux version was v cheap 15 pounds.

Anyone else fit the car physics a bit off cars feel twitchy, wen you race the ai they always seem to pull away from you anyway to make your starts better?

Also any tips on earning money. I find that I'm grinding alot,. Of races, harlem West is my fav track to grind at the moment. I was hoping it would be more like test drive unlimited but so far it's not.

What are the best cars to start with is it worth me getting the ruf ctr 3 as it's the cheapest hypercar?

Also races just feel off you can be in the lead and either rubber banding of the car/bike does something totally unexpected and band your last.

It is fun but I hope they fix a few things , when was the last game update?

Blazing Shots came out a few weeks ago.

They updated the physics on some vehicles. The X-bow is the best Street Race car from what I've heard.

Last edited:
So I got it from the psn store as the dulux version was v cheap 15 pounds.

Anyone else fit the car physics a bit off cars feel twitchy, wen you race the ai they always seem to pull away from you anyway to make your starts better?

Also any tips on earning money. I find that I'm grinding alot,. Of races, harlem West is my fav track to grind at the moment. I was hoping it would be more like test drive unlimited but so far it's not.

What are the best cars to start with is it worth me getting the ruf ctr 3 as it's the cheapest hypercar?

Also races just feel off you can be in the lead and either rubber banding of the car/bike does something totally unexpected and band your last.

It is fun but I hope they fix a few things , when was the last game update?
The Uber Dam powerboat race is the best for money, for leveling up do an event in the Summit and you get 300,000 or more free followers.

The Uber Dam powerboat race is the best for money, for leveling up do an event in the Summit and you get 300,000 or more free followers.

I'll give it a go thanks it is unlocked from the beginning or do you hav to meet any requirements to get to the event and were about is it?

save your money for the 1414 power boat it looks big but cuts through others wake easy ;) and before you go buying anything check the leaderboards if they load and see whats holding the top spot best street is still the dearest lambo.What will freak you out though is the newer cars have an updated handling model that's in testing atm and the OG cars are still on the older model and from what I can tell the newer cars have better front end grip but seem twichy compared to the older models oh and once you get a few levels you unlock car tunning best tip I have is lower camber down to 0 and rise the susp rebound dampers to nearly max and the last 2 sliders are anti roll its good to stiffen them aswell ;).I do play most nights if you want to join me for some tips send me a message.And if you think of the game like an RPG you might have the best car(suit of armour)but the guy inside is still level one you need to max out the driver points and the ai will be in your mirrors(doh no mirrors in this game)

save your money for the 1414 power boat it looks big but cuts through others wake easy ;) and before you go buying anything check the leaderboards if they load and see whats holding the top spot best street is still the dearest lambo.What will freak you out though is the newer cars have an updated handling model that's in testing atm and the OG cars are still on the older model and from what I can tell the newer cars have better front end grip but seem twichy compared to the older models oh and once you get a few levels you unlock car tunning best tip I have is lower camber down to 0 and rise the susp rebound dampers to nearly max and the last 2 sliders are anti roll its good to stiffen them aswell ;).I do play most nights if you want to join me for some tips send me a message.And if you think of the game like an RPG you might have the best car(suit of armour)but the guy inside is still level one you need to max out the driver points and the ai will be in your mirrors(doh no mirrors in this game)
Is there a list of the new cars/bikes with newer handling and the older ones, also I saw in the bmw their is a bmw M2 beta and n normal BMW M2 so is this the same car with the different handling models. I just find this a bit odd maybe they should of put the handling options in the main menu so you can choose

They have updated handling in TC2? I need to check it out.

I cant say its been for the better personally, sure the cars that have been updated in the STreet/Hyper classes tend to have better grip and acceleration, but their steering feel isnt anywhere near as direct as before, sometimes it constantly steers after you stop inputting a direction (something people have termed as 'aftersteer' or something) and the Rallycross handling has been worse since the March/April 2019 update (but the new Lancer Evo WRC05 is actually bearable to drive). The current 'new handling' cars in Street definitely feel better than their first few vehicles that were given the new 'beta' handling though so they do seem intent on fixing the issues that are currently there with it though... hopefully.

Is the Season Pass a necessity for new players? Does it add any real value to the game by offering new experiences, or just new cars?

What is it like with a wheel? It's on the current UK sale for Playstation and if it's got enough content in standard edition just to enjoy cruising the map the discounted price seems worth it.

Downloading it now. I've got a G29, hopefully it wont prove troublesome. Thought it would be cool to cruise around the States.

I know you guys willl be bias but should I get it? How does it compare to FH4?

Forza Horizon 4 is a better all-rounder but honestly, The Crew 2 fills a number of voids the FH series misses out on. For starters, the map is significantly larger and even if details are not consistent across different areas, It is still a lot of fun to venture around and being able to discover places with aircraft and boats gives it a significant edge over Horizon in the exploration category.

Also, if you are into visual customization, you are likely to find a lot more you like here compared to FH. The majority of vehicles in the street racing discipline have extensive customization, including some with OEM options like the Test Drive Unlimited series.

I have FH4, The Crew 1 and 2 and GT Sport.

If you want a game with lots of cars and lots of exploration/things to do, FH4 is the way forward.
The Crew 1 is the better of the crew games but if you can get the Crew 2 at a discount price, it still has a lot to offer and is worth paying for. The summits on the crew 2 are better than the original crew and this is where you can get a lot of free cars/parts for cars.
If online racing is your thing then GT Sport is the way forward. Just try not to get annoyed with the penalty system though!

The Crew 2 full game is currently on sale at $14 on PSN.
The add on Season Pass is at $19.

Definitely.

Very fun game and the vehicle options make it fun. As said its really a kind of sandbox but it shines in some aspects: the Rallycross races are really fun and as I always repeat: riding a bike first person on the huuuuuuuuuuuge map is one of the best things I've done in a game. I've spent too much time doing that alone. :)

Reading the thread has provided me with some good information you all.

Your post here has tipped me over and convinced me to give it a go.

Thanks, I think I will get them both just because of the good price... But I am afraid I won't have time to play it as I have barely have time to commit to GTS and now Project Cars 2...

Back