Shift 2: G27 Wheel Settings. ***PATCH v1.02*** Updated.

• Thread starter AWDwhite_2g
  • 260 comments
I have a problem with the G27.
Ok, I just got Shift 2. But there is a big faking problem! Firstly; When I drive with the Clutch (Elite handling/Easy opponents), it shifts by itself, and tries to drive by itself. Secondly; Sometimes it recognizes my G27, but sometimes it doesn't. Could you solve this?
Specially the first problem. It drives me crazy/mad. HOW DO U DRIVE IF THE PS3 KEEPS CHANGING YOUR SETTINGS ALL THE F*****NG TIME!!! >:(

EDIT: NEVERMIND!! I have found a way to disable the AIDS... it's the three red buttons on the Shifter (number 2, 3, and 4 [counting from the left/left to right])
Number 2 is solved too... it's the Square button on the Shifter, it changes your settings to Auto or Manual.

Last edited:
the setting works very good but i have a question. I put 900 and as suggested i've modified the steering lock in the tune section for the car.. but when there are events where they borrow me a car and i can't tune them.. i can't modify the steering lock so have i to decrease the 900?

Paulpg87,

I have a felling the loaner cars are supposed to be driven in a certain way so there is no choice.

PS: Nice times. I MAY have beaten on or two (but it was to late at night for me to remember now :D )

Paulpg87,

I have a felling the loaner cars are supposed to be driven in a certain way so there is no choice.

PS: Nice times. I MAY have beaten on or two (but it was to late at night for me to remember now :D )

👍

Can anyone tell me if the settings suggested by AWD will work for a Logitech Driving Force GT (on PS3)?

I tried them last night with a standard Audi TT and found I could barely steer around corners and breaking was very poor?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers

Can anyone tell me if the settings suggested by AWD will work for a Logitech Driving Force GT (on PS3)?

I tried them last night with a standard Audi TT and found I could barely steer around corners and breaking was very poor?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers

I used his settings last night when I played the game for the first time (also with a DFGT). The only setting I that didn't work for me was 900 degree rotation. Although I think I could still make it work by turning up the steering sensitivity, and the cars individual steering lock. I tried 360 degrees (what Raudi posted in his thread), and that seemed to work pretty good overall.

Gonna do some more tweaking tonight using AWDwhite2g recommended settings as a base.

I used his settings last night when I played the game for the first time (also with a DFGT). The only setting I that didn't work for me was 900 degree rotation. Although I think I could still make it work by turning up the steering sensitivity, and the cars individual steering lock. I tried 360 degrees (what Raudi posted in his thread), and that seemed to work pretty good overall.

Gonna do some more tweaking tonight using AWDwhite2g recommended settings as a base.

Thanks for that I'll give it a go tonight.

I've been messing with the settings now for a few hours. I've tried all the ones listed in this thread and then some. I cannot get the stupid floaty feeling to go away. Using a DFGT btw. I think what is killing this is the input lag. I mean I can manage to win races, but it's just retarded how difficult it is trying to anticipate something going wrong. On GT5 once something goes wrong you can correct it right away, on here, once something goes wrong, its too late to try and fix it because of the input lag.

Anyways, this gameplay is probably the best racing gameplay ever. But the controls, mainly input lag and having to spend hours trying to set up your steering wheel only to find out you have to change the settings for every car is rediculous. I do hope they patch this but I refuse to play this anymore due to reasons stated.

I'm glad some people can adapt to this style of, changing settings, play for a bit, change settings again, etc. I dont know, Just pisses me off that the input lag is like this.

I've been messing with the settings now for a few hours. I've tried all the ones listed in this thread and then some. I cannot get the stupid floaty feeling to go away. Using a DFGT btw. I think what is killing this is the input lag. I mean I can manage to win races, but it's just retarded how difficult it is trying to anticipate something going wrong. On GT5 once something goes wrong you can correct it right away, on here, once something goes wrong, its too late to try and fix it because of the input lag.

Anyways, this gameplay is probably the best racing gameplay ever. But the controls, mainly input lag and having to spend hours trying to set up your steering wheel only to find out you have to change the settings for every car is rediculous. I do hope they patch this but I refuse to play this anymore due to reasons stated.

I'm glad some people can adapt to this style of, changing settings, play for a bit, change settings again, etc. I dont know, Just pisses me off that the input lag is like this.

I tried the settings from the OP and it works pretty well for me (DFGT on PS3). I only changed the Steering sensitivity to 78% and the rotation to 720°. There is still a bit of input lag, but this seems to be mainly the display, as I don't notice it as bad in the handling as in the steering movement displayed on the screen. Not perfect yet, but at least the game is enjoyable now :)

Be aware that some cars just keep the floaty feeling, like the Lotus Exige. This one is horrible. But take the Audi TT, Corvette Z06 or Caterham: they all do pretty well.

Sensitive enough to not feel lag as it is described. Add deadzone 0 and speed sensitivity 30 and you have it as I like it. G27 ps3.

If you think about it, why not 100. Is it realism we want racing or assisted steering on your car around town :)

Since this is a few pages back, not sure anyone will read it, but i just stumbled upon something that made the game a lot more responsive and the Force Feedback on my G25 noticeable. This is on the PC as well.

Tire Pressure!!!!

The first car i tried it on was the Lotus Elise you win. It was set default at 50psi. I lowered it to around 40-42psi front and rear and WOW, i cant even explain the difference it made with the weight of the car in the wheel. The car feels a LOT more connected to the road. The Force Feedback is much heavier and doesn't feel as floaty as the Default settings. I also used the G25 settings the OP has, with a few small changes, but very similar.

All the cars i have lowered the Tire pressure on feel more responsive and more fun to drive. You will have to experiment depending on the car and Tire type, but it may make driving a bit more enjoyable for others. The car's still do float a little around the track, i wasn't expecting GT5 feel/physics.

Hope this helps anyone else out. :)👍

Hey guys.. just wanted to show sum drifting with the awd cars on ps3 with a g25..on elite with 900 degrees...
while we all wait for shift 2 to be patched so handling rwd cars isnt a nightmare, constantly spinning out... but fun still can be had..
this is my r32 gtr..and any g25 ps3 users who havnt tried this (watch in HD)

try it...
adleast you will be drifting on your g25 with shift, and not be spinning out hating every minute.. lol..
cheers

Sorry to sound really ignorant but am I correct in saying that the higher the percentage in the advanced setting the more the effect? i.e. if you set the braking sensitivity to 100% it slams the breaks on rather than at 0% where they will take a lot longer to engage?

I've been struggling to get breaking to work properly for some reason and find they barely work, anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

Sorry to sound really ignorant but am I correct in saying that the higher the percentage in the advanced setting the more the effect? i.e. if you set the braking sensitivity to 100% it slams the breaks on rather than at 0% where they will take a lot longer to engage?

I've been struggling to get breaking to work properly for some reason and find they barely work, anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

This is great setting "https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=197583" work perfect in Fanatec and Logi G27-no input lag,no lost FFB in the corner.Recommend you check out:)

These settings work amazingly great for a DFGT as well. I've been testing a whole bunch of other settings and stuck to one. Then i started to realize how much sliding i was doing on the corners, even if i was throttle controlling the car. Toss these settings in, jumped into a 911 GT2, dropped the tire pressure to about 40, steering lock to 28, did a lap at bathurst and all i could do was smile the entire time driving it. Thanks once again AWD!

^

Ok, i'll try tomorrow. I'm worried because a friends told me that his dfgt is not even recognized by the game, doesn't work at all.. and we don't know why.For the guy making the guide, can you explain better and how we have to change values in:

(To fine tune *each cars steering lock*, go to the *vehicles tuning menu*)

I understand what you mean but i don't know a damn thing.. have i to increase values, decrease and why?

thanks

Turn of the DS3 controller...it worked for me.

Am I the only one to use 100% steering sensitivity?

No your not. I have tampered with my wheel setting again. I was doing 900 degree rotation with 100% steering sensitivity. But since I saw a post on here the other day with a steering lock at 300 with good results, I decided to test it out. My Sensitivity is now set to 80%.

I've been using 100% steering sensitivity and 540 steering lock (DFGT). This along with some suspension tuning, and my cars are all very responsive and fun to drive.

I am getting there, right now I am at 90% and the car has a lot less lag...

Side question, is there any way to still use the DS3 to use in anything other than racing when you use the wheel(G25 here)?

Hey guys.. just wanted to show sum drifting with the awd cars on ps3 with a g25..on elite with 900 degrees...
while we all wait for shift 2 to be patched so handling rwd cars isnt a nightmare, constantly spinning out... but fun still can be had..
this is my r32 gtr..and any g25 ps3 users who havnt tried this (watch in HD)

try it...
adleast you will be drifting on your g25 with shift, and not be spinning out hating every minute.. lol..
cheers

What track is this ???

i dont know about you folks on G27..but this game is driving me nuts on G25 because if i want tuning, changing options etc they all seem to require the use of R2 and L2.

Are there faster ways around this then having to turn my DS3 to controller #2 just to nagivate thru the menus?? It doesn't always seem all the time either.

I'm running on AWD's set-up from initial post...i still feel like the race line is misguiding me around corners (i always shoot out as if i was late brake...will test around with the brakes sensitivity)

I'm using 450 steering degrees 100 ster sens, deadzones set to 0 speed sens set to 30, brake sens set to 50 and throttle sens at 60

steering lock in tune menu is usually at 27

G27 PS3 fat

i dont know about you folks on G27..but this game is driving me nuts on G25 because if i want tuning, changing options etc they all seem to require the use of R2 and L2.

Are there faster ways around this then having to turn my DS3 to controller #2 just to nagivate thru the menus?? It doesn't always seem all the time either.

I'm running on AWD's set-up from initial post...i still feel like the race line is misguiding me around corners (i always shoot out as if i was late brake...will test around with the brakes sensitivity)

L2 is the left red button on the wheel and R2 is the right red button on the wheel

Back