Shift 2: G27 Wheel Settings. ***PATCH v1.02*** Updated.

• Thread starter AWDwhite_2g
  • 260 comments
yo..hi did you play with Logitech G27 on Shift 2 PS3 ? I want to play with logitech G27..The game doesn't recognize my wheel in options..it says only Wireless Controller..I can play with it but the pedals and the shifter doesn't works.The buttons are mapped like on Joystick with R1,L1,R2...And if i go to assign the buttons it says Multiple inputs were detected.Please tell me what to do...

The same with G25 here. I solved it. When you starting the game, dont use the gamepad (push start or whatever), use whell.
Sorry for my English.

First, thank you for the great research you've done. It's defiinitely made the game a lot more realistic for me. I appreciate your work immensely!

I am currently running Shift 2 on PC with a G27. I took your advise to set the wheel lock to 900 and go ahead and tune the lock ratio for each car individually.

However, and this might be a lack of knowledge on my part as I don't know much about cars, when I increase the lock ratio on the cars and test it, it dramatically reduces the force feedback on the steering wheel. I have to set the lock ratio back to default so that my force feedback can go back to feeling strong. For example I increased the lock ratio on my Lotus Elise from 20 to 21 and it felt as if I had gone into the wheel settings and chopped the force feedback from 100% to 10%.

Can you please advise if this is supposed to happen when you tweak with the lock ratios and if not, do you guys know what could be happening?

All of my advanced wheel settings are set per AWDwhite_2g's settings except for the steering sensitivity which I left at 50%

Thank you for your input on this kind request!

I know it sucks...but do thr drift event with the controller, it's 1000% better. I've been having tons of fun with the drift events with the controller. When I want to do everything else, I quit the game, plug the G27 and go away happy to have played 2 "modes" while having fun instead of beeing frustrated by trying to drift with the wheel.

With the controller, I did the Willow springs tracks on Hard on the 2nd try and almost beat the autolog score with the Sylvia that was givin to me in the game.

Anyway...I know, it would be better drifting with the wheel, but hey, at least it's still fun with the controller.

what steering settings did you use for the controller? i still can't get the stupid thing to not be twitchy and trying to straighten out the car after an apex :scared:

I've tried to use the settings outline at the beginning of this post. I found rthe following problems. When I set the Steering lock in the Gameplay options at 900 and go back into the a race (Career or Quick) the car steers like a boat. Going back to Gameplay options and the Steering locks have reset to 200 for regular and 180 for drift. The other settings stay where I set them. Does this every time. If I reset the settings and then set them up again, do a race and go back into Options, it will again be set to 200/180.
I have also found that whatever setting I set one if my cars to will become the settings for ALL my cars. Needless to say, the settings for an Audi dont work too well for a Lambo.
Anyone got any idea why the game is doing this?
TYIA

try these settingsThis is my setup now ,check it out i think it works pretty good..
Force Feedback Strength - 85%

Steering Deadzone - 1%

Steering Sensitivity - 75%

Throttle Deadzone - 0%

Throttle Sensitivity - 40%

Brake Deadzone - 0%

Brake Sensitivity - 45%

Clutch - 60%

Speed Sensitivity - 0%

Speed Sensitivity(Drift) - 0%

Steering Lock - 540

Steering Lock(Drift) - 540

FinnZevo, I hope you don't mind if I use your template with my settings at this moment

Force Feedback Strength - 100%
Steering Deadzone - 1%
Steering Sensitivity - 100%
Throttle Deadzone - 0%
Throttle Sensitivity - 45%
Brake Deadzone - 0%
Brake Sensitivity - 45%
Clutch - 70% <---- edit was at 700 :D
Speed Sensitivity - 100%
Steering Lock - 540

I tune individual car steering lock between 20-25 now. But it can be as low as 16 or as high as 27.

I understand their not the usual settings for a G27 but hey, they work for me. I did the all of the manufacturer showdown with this settings without much stress.

PS: I connect the G7 to the 1st USB port and then turn the PS3 on. I only use the DS3 to shutdown.

Last edited:
You might wanna recheck those settings and repost them.

ok, I figured out what I was doing wrong, as far as the G27 settings. I was using my mouse to set the levels and for some reason the game was ignoring that. I set each setting with the left and right arrow keys and they "stuck" that time.
I'm still not sure why tuning one car sets all my cars the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam West
Guys is the Fanatec not compatible with this game? I can't get the wheel or pedals to work. Buttons seem fine though.

I use a Carrera wheel on the PS3. Have you tried putting it to PS3 mode / PC mode and calibrating and checking the wheel and pedals on the pc software?

Its on ps3 mode, all buttons work, except gas and brake. and steering. The game is recognizing it as a controller, not a wheel. I'm on a ps3, btw.

Are you switching the wheel on before starting the game? It should recognise it as a G25.

Ps3 on by the button on the console -> wheel on -> wheel to PS3 mode -> start game. That should do the trick.

This is also on the original post.

PATCH NOTE: v1.01 "Logitech FFB Fixes"
*MAKE SURE YOU RESET ALL YOUR WHEEL SETTINGS AFTER THE PATCH HAS BEEN INSTALLED* > Adjust Controls ( Triangle button) to Reset. FFB fixes do not take effect in'till after you have reset your saved controls.

Changes I have noticed after the patch:

On/off FFB sensation simulating loss of grip in a turn has been fixed and replaced with a more progressive sensation.

A steering FFB "buffer" seems to have been implemented at the wheels center in a way that allows the car to be more controllable in a strait line or in catching a slide. In other words when crossing over the wheels center left to right the FFB motors now progressively increase instead of coming on hard and bouncing the wheel left and right over its center.

While free spinning the wheel in an attempt to save a slide or conduct a drift the "chattering feeling/noise" has been fixed. IN other words the wheel now spins unobstructed while making hard multiple rotational countersteers.

Last edited:
I mentioned about resetting your wheel settings.

One guy posted he was to lazy to do that lol.

That's crazy that you have to reset your settings for the patch to work right.

I guess i'll be doing that here in a just a few minutes.

I'm lost. How can I reset a G27? I did not reset anything and FFB is a lot beter.

Edit: reset the settings. Got it. :) Still, I haven't and it works.

That's crazy that you have to reset your settings for the patch to work right.

No...let me explain.

The patch was for alot more then just the wheel bugs.
I am specifically talking about the FFB of Logitech wheels.
Logitech FFB fixes were only one part or the v1.01 patch.

Now...It seems that you need to RESET your previous FFB settings after the patch for the file implementations to be recognized. I don't understand why... or even if...EA/SMS realize this, but a few people have already confirmed this anomaly. Other's have said they haven't changed or reset anything in their FFB controls and the FFB fixes took effect.

EDIT: Fanatec wheel users have also reported having to reset FFB settings for Patch FFB fixes to take effect.

I'm sure the rest of the patch works fine reguardless.
I have yet to see the game freeze, glitch, or have any tuning menu bugs, since the new patch. Which used to happen pretty often, so I think its safe to say the controls reset is only effective for Logitech FFB.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's just me but i think my steering got worse after resetting and re-applying my old settings.

It seems as if the wheel is it at a constant 900 degree lock no matter what you set the degree lock to.I'm still working on it at the moment.

It's pretty aggravating as i can't even get through one race now.Last night i was having no problems.

Well i went back and deleted my save file and put my last save in from last night that was on my flashdrive and the steering feels much better now.

I'm not sure what that Patch did,but it sure didn't make my steering feel better.

Well i went back and deleted my save file and put my last save in from last night that was on my flashdrive and the steering feels much better now.

I'm not sure what that Patch did,but it sure didn't make my steering feel better.

With the new FFB fixes. Your old steerings settings will obviously not work the same as they did before the patch.

You need to test out and save new settings...make changes accordingly.

I had to change mine drasticly, but it feels much better now. Overall the game physics feel more controllable and sharp.

My updated settings are listed in the original post.

An Increase in Deadzone is completely unnecessary now that the "Drag" or "buffer" has been implemented at the wheels center. A setting at zero% is now easy to keep strait while keeping response sharp.

Same goes for speed sensativity. The FFB motors no longer bouch left and right off each other at high speeds with the new FFB fixes. Zero% for speed sensativity with keep a responsive feel at any speed.

Steering sensativity is a personal preference. I turned mine down from 75% to 60% after the new patch.

Last edited:
^Not sure if maybe it could be something wrong with the patch for the DFGT,but with pre-patch the car would turn in fine no problem.Post patch the car will not turn in and i go straight into a wall.

I won't do it today,but i'll go back again and re-test some off the wall settings to see how it feels,but as it stands now i won't be resetting my controls anytime soon.

*edit*

Also with the post patch i hardy felt any Force Feedback,the only time i felt Force Feedback was when i took a hairpin or hit a rumble strip.It felt as if i was on ice a lot more than the pre-patch.

^Not sure if maybe it could be something wrong with the patch for the DFGT,but with pre-patch the car would turn in fine no problem.Post patch the car will not turn in and i go straight into a wall.

I won't do it today,but i'll go back again and re-test some off the wall settings to see how it feels,but as it stands now i won't be resetting my controls anytime soon.

*edit*

Also with the post patch i hardy felt any Force Feedback,the only time i felt Force Feedback was when i took a hairpin or hit a rumble strip.It felt as if i was on ice a lot more than the pre-patch.

From what you have said this is what I suggest.

Turn your FFB up to 100%. Zero out the steering dead zone. Increase steering sensativity to 60%. Zero out Speed sensativity.

If your are having issues with turn in response, and low ffb...these settings will improve it. (I am referencing your posted settings)

Force Feedback Strength - 80% < If your FFB feels low, turn it up to its full strength of 100%...?

Steering Deadzone - 1% < No longer needed after the patch. This will slow your initial turn in response. Try 0%

Steering Sensitivity - 40% < This is your biggest problem for turn in response. 40% means the wheel responds 10% less to your actuall input. 50% is equal....60% will respond 10% more to your input.

Throttle Deadzone - 0%

Throttle Sensitivity - 49%

Brake Deadzone - 0%

Brake Sensitivity - 49%

Clutch - N/A

Speed Sensitivity - 1% < No longer needed...this will slow you turn in response at speed. Try 0%

Steering Lock - 450

After you try those settings...periodically reduce your steering lock degree from 900* to 720* 540* 450* 360* and see what feel best.

Last edited:
This is messed up AWD.

I decided to go ahead and give it a go again(reset settings) and for some strange reason everything feels much better now.

This don't make any sense:confused:

I'll give your settings ago and see how much different it feels from what i have.

i lost the force feedback with dfgt on ps3.

I start a race and i got force feedback, then i restart it the ffb is gone, almost totally. yesterday was going well with the patch but once today i reset the setting and put them again i got this problem. Now what can i do?

i got you setting, all of them =.

*edit*

yes same here, how did you solve it?

yes same here, how did you solve it?

Well i have my save file backed up so i kept reloading my previous save then proceeded to reset the controls and it worked for some reason,but not for all cars.

The Gumpert and the Corvette Z06 feels awesome,but some muscle cars and all the Lambo's don't have any feeling at all to them.No Force Feedback at all.

Well i have my save file backed up so i kept reloading my previous save then proceeded to reset the controls and it worked for some reason,but not for all cars.

The Gumpert and the Corvette Z06 feels awesome,but some muscle cars and all the Lambo's don't have any feeling at all to them.No Force Feedback at all.

me too, only the giulietta has the ffb while all other cars have almost nothing. I delete the patch but the problem isn't solved.. and it's not the wheel, i tried gt5 noiw and it's working. I just don't get it.. yesterday was everything perfect, i read here to reset the setting and i made it.. now no ffb anymore..

Don't think I'll reset anything till this is resolved (aslo using DFGT).

i reset and i ****ed up everything.. damn and i dont' know why

I got the ffb the first race i start just after turning on the game.. but the next race (even restarting the same race) all fb has gone.

Last edited:
Back