Shift 2 v1.02 Patch

• Thread starter BryantFC
  • 899 comments
Seems like it made the steering much more sensitive, once I lowered the steering sensitivity it felt better than before.

No freezing yet, even managed to hit 205mph in my Zonda at the ring with no issue other than running into a wall as I was only watching the speedometer.:lol:

I reset the settings and tried to race and the cars would hardly turn. I'd turn the wheel and not even see the wheels turn on the Caterham. I went back to settings and the default steering sensitivity was on 50% and steering lock was at 360.

I turned down the steering lock to 300 and the Sensitivity up to 85%. A race is loading...

This patch has worked against me, hope others have better luck...

have you tried, use steering lock up to 900 first? speed sensitivity 100? deadzone 0? [edit] assuming you are on wheel that is [/edit]

I'll think i'll uninstall patch #1 before install patch #2

have you tried, use steering lock up to 900 first? speed sensitivity 100? deadzone 0? [edit] assuming you are on wheel that is [/edit]

I'll think i'll uninstall patch #1 before install patch #2

I have a DFGT. I don't care to have the steering lock that high. I prefer small movements. I'm still going off track on full throttle sweepers like in Pergusa. It's almost like the game is not receiving the input from the wheel. Maybe I bumped it while it was calibrating during startup without realizing it. I'm going to turn everything off and restart

Loved it before, loving it MUCH more! The steering and force feedback feels great - more like my Simbin sims on the computer.
I started up S2U (didn't install patch), reset the wheel settings to the defaults, quit S2U, restarted and allowed the 1.02 patch to install. WOW what a difference...

PS3 w/DFGT

BTW, the wheel "defaults" after the patch are slightly different than before the patch. I kept the v1.02 defaults to test and it feels great (360 steering lock is the default).

Here all this time I thought "I" was doing bad since every time I crashed was on fast straights. Will try Suzuka west again.

The wheel feels different, not sure if its better but it feels different. G27...

Last edited:
360 was already the default for patch #1

Yes, I realized that...it was a few of the other default settings that are different. Just wanted to add that my v1.02 testing experience was with a steering lock of 360.

Can't wait for it to appear in Europe :drool:

So far the reports sound very promising. Does anyone know if the magnetic car-contact issue is gone?

DJ
--

That and the freezing issues... I would really like to know.

I really would like to know also why is it that Europe doenst have the patch - the USA and Australia have it why not Europe too

PS3 user here. With the previous patch and taking some advice in here for controller settings, it still had that weird wobble feeling, after this latest patch it has a much tighter feel to it.
Also of note is the Livery Editor control has been much improved speed wise.
Still not quite as smooth flowing for exacting detail, but compared to before it is mangeable now. (Still waiting on a numbers vinyl add on hint nudge SMS).

I'm still testing other features of the game but will report what i find.

Patch is killer. Everything is more driveable. I'm using default settings post-patch without any problems. The car seems a little less sticky after collisions too, although I can't really confirm that yet.

So far I like it ,but something felt a little off. I noticed my some of my car setting weren't right. I then tightened things up , sway bars ect.. opened my wheel lock to 30 and I like it! So far no freezing and it feels smoother ,replays also.
It seems like a thumbs up but we'll see. g27

Dear Shift2 patch team...

GIVE US THE LEVEL UP MONEY.

I stopped playing at level 19... about 5 days after launch because there was no bonus for my level (I should have gotten money for reaching lv 19), thinking that with the next patch I would have received it retroactively.

Guess not.

Holy freakin cow..., the XBox 360 patch is AMAZING! There is a major difference in the handling now. Steering input is much better, and the vehicles are certainly more responsive. I've been testing it with the game pad on my 360.., I haven't tried it with my MS Racing Wheel yet.., but will do so very soon.

I'm currently waiting for the patch to finish uploading on my PS3 too. So.., at the moment I can't comment on the PS version (YET). If it's anything like the 360.., it's going to be sweeet!

Ohhhh..., is it me.., or has anyone else noticed that the graphics appear to be smoother/sharper too? I did a few night races on my XBox version and those also looked better. Could just be me though..

Also.., the magnetic crash physics are gone too. Just for kicks and giggles I was running a little aggressive with the AI.., and we were not getting stuck together. The AI vehicles actually reacted properly to being hit too ;)

So I have been holding off picking this up because of the issues with steering wheels, it sounds like this new patch fixes those issues. I have a DFGT and PS3, just want to confirm that it is worth picking up post patch?

Man i can't wait to download this sucker.

I wish i didn't have to mow the yard.That's about an hour and half job that i could be using towards Shift2 :)

EA is American, unfortunatly... Why dont SMS work for codemasters... they would truly make an epic game together, maybe Grid 2

Downloaded the patch earlier on the Xbox, car handling/wheel response (MS wheel) seemed better, was hotlapping/time attacking on Brands GP, switching between my 2 fave cars, Aston DBR9 GT1 and Zonda R, f**ckin AWESOME!! 👍

Sounds pretty good 👍 I'll be getting it on sunday, if it's up in Europe by then, that is. Which it better should be :lol:
Either way, I'm glad that SMS is focussing on fixing that kind of stuff instead of working on other issues, as I feel those are the most important.

Either way, I'm glad that SMS is focussing on fixing that kind of stuff instead of working on other issues, as I feel those are the most important.

What? You weren't hoping for a horns collection, museum card trivia about Japanese cars from the sixties or a livery editor with badge-chips and paint-chips that you can only use once?

Back