Shift 2 v1.02 Patch

• Thread starter BryantFC
  • 899 comments
37 mb , g27 ffb maintained for 2nd race , dont know about freezing issue yet.
I think I can work with this , fingers crossed.

Oh....oh my. Its good.

Lag is SIGNIFICANTLY Reduced, or gone.

FFB is strong and sharp.

Cars feel more resonsive and controllable all around.

First lap on Seca I raped my old best time!

wait what!
pardon my ignorance, but we can download the PS3 patch to a USB thrumdrive to update S2U?
or do we need to have the PSN working to get the download (like GT5)?
:)

wait what!
pardon my ignorance, but we can download the PS3 patch to a USB thrumdrive to update S2U?
or do we need to have the PSN working to get the download (like GT5)?

Don't need PSN to be up to get the patch. Just have your console online and start the game and you'll be prompted to download the patch.

Don't need PSN to be up to get the patch. Just have your console online and start the game and you'll be prompted to download the patch.

awesome! thanks for the info.
I do not have S2U, but I always assumed Sony made all of their games update through PSN. I will buy S2U tonight!

How about the guys who lost their bonus content after the 1.01 patch? Did they get it back?

I held off downloading the first patch because of the issues it brought with.

Oh....oh my. Its good.

Lag is SIGNIFICANTLY Reduced, or gone.

FFB is strong and sharp.

Cars feel more resonsive and controllable all around.

First lap on Seca I raped my old best time!

nice! I have been waiting for reports that the controller/wheel lag was gone before buying S2U. I will keep visiting this thread to see if the patch is working well.

How about the guys who lost their bonus content after the 1.01 patch? Did they get it back?

I held off downloading the first patch because of the issues it brought with.

You never actually lose the LE content. It was.. hidden:dopey:

Anyway, there were workarounds posted around here for that with the advantage of keeping better FFB.

I'll try forcing the LE "hide" feature with patch 1.02... when available here.

G27. I have a wheel setting thread on the topic page.

I just through down 15 laps at Spa with a several different cars and classes. All are so much more predictable and controlable.

I wasn't weaving around as usual mowing grass and eating walls.

Even at Spa on the tighter turns... hair pins and chicanes I had to put some effert in to turn the wheel quick! FFB strength is like gt5 on number 5 notch. Maybe a little stronger. I will def be needing to turn it down for Miami and such. I play gt5 on the 3rd notch so...this feels great to me.

To me it handles worse. Weaving is more pronounced and cars don't respond to anything you do

Edit: One thing I didn't try yet was resetting the wheel settings. We'll see

To me it handles worse. Weaving is more pronounced and cars don't respond to anything you do

Edit: One thing I didn't try yet was resetting the wheel settings. We'll see

Seems like it made the steering much more sensitive, once I lowered the steering sensitivity it felt better than before.

No freezing yet, even managed to hit 205mph in my Zonda at the ring with no issue other than running into a wall as I was only watching the speedometer.:lol:

Back