should the online saving be axed?

should the online save be axed?

• yes

Votes: 162 89.0%
  • no

Votes: 20 11.0%

• Total voters
Absolutely, the online saving should be eliminated. First day I played for an hour with the servers down and everything was lost. Yesterday I had to leave the game when the servers went down again since it was pointless to play when nothing would be saved. Even activity from online racing should be stored locally and updated on reconnect if needed. As mentioned above, with the demonstrated unreliability to keep the servers up, the game is useless. Gran Turismo could completely kill the franchise with the insistence on online saving. There are many more very good games out there today than there were when GT first arrived. As we know it takes 10 times more effort and money to win back customer confidence and loyalty than it does to keep it. If GT want to collect data that's fine, but do it on reconnect, DO NOT cripple the game.

Online save should be for sport mode and SR/DR only. All the rest should be offline.

Absolutely, you're right. I don't understand theirs choices about the online saving...
Why can't we browse the garage offline?! Why can't we create livery offline?!

Basically the game checks everything to make sure you're not tampering with it. That means your profile - your game save - is always online.

But why that couldn't have been achieved with syncing escapes me.
All power to Polyphony/Sony for checking whether players are tampering with game saves - remember GT5, GT Academy. We live in hope that a future patch will be made available, when saner heads prevail...

And as always players will exploit ... cause they can.

Definitely, Yes. Offline content do not need online saving. It should be exclusively for Sport mode and online lobbies. Syncing your offline data to their server when it only needed is the most efficient way.

Basically the game checks everything to make sure you're not tampering with it. That means your profile - your game save - is always online.

But why that couldn't have been achieved with syncing escapes me.
Agreed, and on top on that, they should've used the advanced encryption techniques for offline save, with a unique key that generated randomly for each PSN account and are renewed anytime the game updates or even issued server-side when connected online.

Last edited:
Offline save is needed, don't gonna buy this game till it's implemented.

Driveclub got also a strong online focus with in real time leaderboards and online players achieving in drift points, speed traps while racing..

If servers goes down or you play disconnected the game saves progress and allows you to play all offline content...once Online the game update your stats,level, achievements..

So PD is more than capable of doing the same and allow local saving so that the players can access full arcade, campaign, photo and livery modes offline and access garage to buy cars.

Hopefuly PD see the complaints form the users and change that ASAP in a update.

Yes. While i see some reasoning behind it, i think it could have been implemented better. While for me the Arcade mode is the best one yet of any GT, i still wish we could at least buy more cars offline with the credits we have and change the color/livery. And also access that beautiful Home screen to look at our current car.

Yes. I hope PD/Kaz can hear us out. The online save in GT Sport is the only fault in the game for me. The game becomes useless when the servers are down. Removing it would be the best decision Kaz/PD could make at this point. Hope a patch comes a long & changes it.

Edit: I think an 'Online save' would be only acceptable in Sports mode, leaderboards & anything that involves any actual online content. Anything that is offline, such as arcade mode, brand central, earning milage points/miles driven/credits & the campaign modes should be accessible when offline & to be able to be saved while offline.

Last edited:
I'll be honest the online 'save' as such isn't a problem really for me, its not something i'd think they'd have wanted to do, but I put my ps4 on standby and then as soon as I return I end up in the same place anyway, even when the servers went down in the demo I just waited unitl they came back online and reconnected. no problem. The fact you can't make any progress on single player events/missions etc when offline is an absolute joke though to be honest... Lets hope the servers are as consistent as they have been so far for a long time to come...

I think that PDs main reason for doing things this way is to prevent cheating from the idiot hax0rs who find ways to mess with their saves.

If it does in fact keep them away from ruining the leaderboards is yet to be seen.

While I'm also all for offline save and less always-online-save requirement, is it possible to do this in the near future? I'm not well-versed on the technical side of this problem.

Yes, currently the game requires you to be online to save your progress, but is it possible to change the system entirely to offline saves/or online saves only for livery and Sport Mode?

Any other games that had this problem before and solved it during its lifetime?

Nothing except Lobby, Discover and Sport mode should be behind a server. The way it's set up right now, when the servers shut down in a few years, you won't even be able to buy new cars or level up to unlock all the tracks that you paid for. Not to mention all the other features that have no business being locked down during server maintenance like accessing your own library to browse images or replays. The only reason the entire campaign is reliant upon the servers is for the leaderboard stuff.

Latest Posts

Back