Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
Even though the 3D printer was supposed to be my birthday present, my wife has been pushing for me to get new sunglasses for the last two weeks. She just custom built (with my help) these for me.
Share.png

Should be a bit better quality than that last pair. Unfortunately with the price to go with it.

About 10 months ago I posted here's about a house I bought, it was an off the plan deal and was supposed to be done in 3 to 4 months. I only just settled last thursday, I'm happy with the result and I didn't pay stamp duty but the wait was horrible. Anyways, it's all good now .

Attachments

• IMG-20190330-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20190330-WA0002.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 27
About 10 months ago I posted here's about a house I bought, it was an off the plan deal and was supposed to be done in 3 to 4 months. I only just settled last thursday, I'm happy with the result and I didn't pay stamp duty but the wait was horrible. Anyways, it's all good now .
Holy smoke! Your house has it's own bowling alley?

The Commodore has been making a thumping noise in the rear over certain bumps for a little (okay long) while now. Rear bushes are stuffed. Was just going to replace them but new control arms weren't much more expensive. Better in the long run to replace the lot.
screenshot.png

Second roll of filament.

514GVb2LN9L.jpg

Prints great, looks good and is inexpensive. Couldn't ask for better.

I got sick of not having power when camping and since a gas powered inverter generator is both insanely expensive and overkill I got this.

61bKkQq4PPL._SL1200_large.jpg

I charged a couple camera batteries and my phone with it and it's still at 100% charge. So it should have no problem lasting a weekend as that's about all it will be used for (along with powering a radio).

Also purchased one of these for the same activity as some shade would be nice.

dd2dffe1543f7fd31207e01f16e2_l69b6a.jpg

Now to wait until June when I'll actually use both items.

So I recently upgraded from my modern ryobi 10" table saw to an old Craftsman's model that is far more robust.
20190407_173536.jpg 20190407_173502.jpg
I am going to reinstall the kerf blade and extension tables as well.
I then ended up trading the ryobi for a scroll saw.
20190407_173355.jpg 20190407_173343.jpg
Definitely happy to add one of these to my tool stable. I look forward to getting some time in on it.

So I bought a 20 pound blanket last week. 21.6 lbs with the duvet cover. Been sleeping like a baby ever since.
61q3PJokZpL._SL1080_.jpg

So I bought a 20 pound blanket last week. 21.6 lbs with the duvet cover. Been sleeping like a baby ever since.
61q3PJokZpL._SL1080_.jpg
My wife has one and loves it. I don't see (or feel) the attraction of being held down while I sleep. To each their own!

upload_2019-4-10_22-6-23.png

Fanatec US store + NZ Post's Youshop service = ClubSport shifter for about NZD$50 (inc international shipping) more than it costs for a TH8A locally. My G27 won't even know what hit it.

Last edited:
Pick set, Xacto knife, epoxy and not pictured, Bondo, sandpaper, primer and spray paint. All for the printed stuff.

20190413_095224.jpg

Getting to be a lot of stuff for these but at least everything is fairly inexpensive.

Got a bike! Been many a year since I've seriously rode a mountain bike (used to do downhilling and some cross country/ trail stuff in my late teens/ early twenties). It's a Trek Marlin 5, just your (relatively) cheap and basic 29er, hard-tail, starter bike. Now, I just need to get a bike rack of some sort for my Fiesta...

32673996987_319e11031a_b.jpg

Back